Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,889 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:52 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4557682 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) ... (3714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2023
Reeefe:

Filling was done January last year. Roofing was done this year August.

Filling was also done with sharp sand

Kindly proceed to floor..... It must have settled enough.

For benefit of doubt... Empty 1 tank of water on it, a day b4 and see if the water finds any escape route under..

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2023
n3xt:

Hmm! And you haven’t caught any fraudsters yet?

Managing construction projects in Nigeria is tough. I bought safety helmets for some of my Cotonou guys, they started using the helmet to drink garri.
I bought my welder a very nice safety welding glasses, he stated using it as a fashion glass.

I paid a subcontractor to deliver me windows, he travelled to Mecca 😂😂

And this is something you have to deal with and accept responsibility for everyday.

========

Yesterday I send fund to a fitter to transport himself to a project in Ikeja. He called me 2 hours later to tell me he’s not using the account again.
He sent me another account around 2:00am this morning. I’ve sent him another money. Right now his number is unreachable 😂😂

I can relate.
I have seen MANY THINGS in this filed
May be after I retired at old age I will WRITE A BOOK about Nigerian artisan or how to deliver project successfully in NIGERIA.

Just last week one of a family friend ask me to handle a project for him I turned it down not bcs he will not pay me BUT he is kind of person that doesn’t understand that to deliver a project successful in Nigeria required a lot of sacrifice and patient in most cases …. So my MENTAL HEALTH is paramount to me now.

I paid someone to deliver doors to my site it’s results to stories upon stories after I have paid him since February but i need to protect my name, so I dole out another 200k from my pocket to another person to deliver the remaining doors
The client is here to testify to this.

At times family member of cleint will ask you have a deal of moving materials out of site with you …. You need to use your sense here.

Some will have evil plan against there relatives ( your cleint ) so that the project will not be completed... haaaa black man.

So many things.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2023
n3xt:

Hmm! And you haven’t caught any fraudsters yet?

Bosun, fi mi le jor! Ori fo mi.
See, all lizards are laying on their stomach, so one can hardly tell which of them has runny stomach.
Not until wind blow do we see fowl yansh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:49am On Nov 04, 2023
sonnie10:

See, all lizards are laying on their stomach, so one can hardly tell which of them has runny stomach.

Lolzzzz
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Rotecch

I just got my fitter on phone now. He said he’s having running stomach.

I’m currently begging him and of course going to send him another fund for him to take care of himself.

He does not understand how important he is to a multi-million dollar project.

==========

Many atimes, we end up spending thrice the amount charged for a particular job to get the job delivered.

For me, I always treat those extra funds as my marketing nairas.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:55am On Nov 04, 2023
sonnie10:

E be like say those una site worker don make you leave English accent 😂😂

No vex sir! Na play I dey play o 😂
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2023
n3xt:

E be like say those una site worker don make you leave English accent 😂😂

Person way dey pressed, won’t care about evil forest.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2023
sonnie10:

This will really help your project and give you good mileage.

Here’s a message from my client (someone at the same pedestal with Isa Pantami) on managing challenges on my current project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2023
sonnie10:

Boss , I got you right sir,
Someone here last time said that i don’t speaks queen English.. according to him he said it’s red flag for him to give contract to someone who can’t tow this line.
I just laughed, May be I will invite the guy to come to site and speak queen English to workers at site so that the workers can deliver queen structure.

Last time I checked naa f9 me and him get in Queen ingrish lolzzz
Go and ask Patric Obagbon from Benin how far with his Balablu blu Bala.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2023
rotecch77:

Boss , I got you right sir,
Someone here last time said that i don’t speaks queen English.. according to him he said it’s red flag for him to give contract to someone who can’t tow this line.
I just laughed, May be I will invite the guy to come to site and speak queen English to workers at site so that the workers can deliver queen structure.

Go and ask Patric Obagbon from Benin how with his Balablu blu Bala.
When the kite learns to fly without perching, the hunter learns to shoot without missing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2023
n3xt:

This will really help your project and give you good mileage.

Here’s a message from my client (someone at the same pedestal with Isa Pantami) on managing challenges on my current project.
Anytime a barber is shaving the back of your head with a very sharp razor, it is better to hold your head really still.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2023
GROWATT FLASH SALES!!!

Brand new Growatts inverter up for quick sales .

GROWATT SPF 5000 ES OFF GRID, 5KW, 48V, BIG solar/PV INPUT 6000wp

5kw 48v (ES 100a + WiFi dongle ) ....... 630k

FIRM PRICE: N630,000

HURRY WHILST STOCK LAST!

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2023
sonnie10:

Wonderful!!! So you can speak Yoruba too my oga... Lovely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2023
Reeefe:

What is d size of the bathroom in the last picture chief
(3ft by 4ft ) 2mtrs hight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Good morning from Atlantic interior and interior designs.

We have new quality and affordable designs of window blinds.

You can send the pictures of window to get the measurements and quote.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
Good morning from Atlantic interior and interior designs.

We have new quality and affordable designs of window blinds.

You can send the pictures of window to get the measurements and quote.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
Follow us lnstagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Tiger TMT rebars as starter bar

MOORE -DESIGNBUILD LTD
...we do structures right

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Please Honorable Painters in the house,

How do you charge per drum for screed wall and unscrewed wall?

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2023
Took delivery of my WPC deck but the delivery guy forgot to deliver the accessories.

Play suspended till Monday.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
Meanwhile anyone with pictures of nice tyrolean jobs or stone walls like below should please bless me with them.

I need to draw inspiration for a featured wall and some column design job.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2023
When you are so desperate that you start to imagine doing everything all at once.

(1) I need to add 6" beam to the existing structure.
(2) I ordered tyrolene it came without the finishing.
(3) The wood work is pending, my Carpenter went on maternity leave.
(4) I need tiles, who has neoclassic sample?.

BACK TO BACK TO BACK LIES.

How do people even believe such?.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
QUALITY ASSURANCE!!!

Feel free to contact us for your original Canadian , jinko , longi, JAsolar, era , Growatts, pylon tech , deye etc products ..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 1:09am On Nov 05, 2023
Call or whatsapp me on 09036346989 for your tiling and furniture work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:23am On Nov 05, 2023
Aforxzy:
Water is the best for compaction of soil, it removes the pores and compacts the soil in the process.
However, this method of casting the ground floor after raising the wall to lintel level is a wrong practise. You are supposed to have cast the ground floor foundation before raising the superstructural walls.
This method exposes the foundation to vegetation growth that causes movement within the foundation and cracking . Also the overiste concrete would not be well placed on the foundation blocks and can cause subsidence of the concrete and raising dampness.

The choice of whether to compact or not , will depend on how leveled and strong the top surface is. If there are depressions then you refill and compact and if the is need to cut off excess fill do so, to have an even thickness of the concrete.

I really appreciate your input thanks alot. As for the "wrong practice" people in this part of delta do it alot tho. And addition i did a copping for the foundation n I'm using the copping to take d level for the German floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:24am On Nov 05, 2023
Aforxzy:
Those beams are well supported even when the supports are not in the form of column(s).

How are dey supported?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:24am On Nov 05, 2023
saydfact:

Kindly proceed to floor..... It must have settled enough.

For benefit of doubt... Empty 1 tank of water on it, a day b4 and see if the water finds any escape route under..

Goodluck

Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:31am On Nov 05, 2023
n3xt:
Meanwhile anyone with pictures of nice tyrolean jobs or stone walls like below should please bless me with them.

I need to draw inspiration for a featured wall and some column design job.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:32am On Nov 05, 2023
naijacreativeha:
Call or whatsapp me on 09036346989 for your tiling and furniture work

You’re the best!

Looking forward to doing good business with you in not too distant future.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:07am On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=Reeefe post=126797471][/quote]

Thanks for sharing. I’d go with something without the horizontal slats so the design doesn’t get unnecessarily cluttered.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2023
segcymoor:
Tiger TMT rebars as starter bar

MOORE -DESIGNBUILD LTD
...we do structures right

Looking good! ✔️

I guess you’re doing more than one floor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) ... (3714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: completey(f), SVPROJECT(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.