Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4544192 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) ... (3707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:27pm On Jun 14
We are available and affordable

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CELEBRITYSAND: 8:39am On Jun 15
✅️ IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR QUALITY LOOK NO FURTHER ✅

📞 CALL OR WHATS APP CELEBRITY SAND AND GRANITE SUPPLIER ON. 08037136667

💥 WE SUPPLY💥 TO ANY LOCATION 
       🟡 GRAVEL.
       🟡 PLASTERING SAND.
       🟡 SHARP SAND.
       🟡 FILLING SAND
       🟡 TOP SOIL
       🟡 GRANITE
       🟡 STONEBASE
       🟡 SALT FREE SAND.
       🟡 WE HAVE 30 20 &10TONS.              TRUCK FOR PROMPT DELIVERY
       🟡SITE EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR HIRE.

💥 OUR DELIVERY  AND QUALITY  TOP NOTCH 💥

📍TRANSPORTATION COST DEPENDS ON LOCATION AND QUANTITY.

🔴CASH ON DELIVERY ALSO AVAILABLE

✅️we also offer site management  services.

WHEN PROPERLY MOBILIZED WE CAN MOVE TO ANY LOCATION IN THE COUNTRY AND DELIVER.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 9:16am On Jun 15
Available for neat and quality artwork design, available and affordable,08165523784.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:18am On Jun 15
Laser cut special door for the VIP section of the Hall
Cost only N70,000 … Add one 0 and minus 200k from this figure that is the price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 10:19am On Jun 15
VanuatuWycombe:

Most quarry don’t sell 30 tonne. Max, they sell 25 but a lot buyers don’t know.

Thats how they scaaam or that’s how they see profit 😁.

That’s why it’s good to always go there and find out from quarry sellers to know how they sell and make sure you monitor what you are buying.
I can’t imagine loosing like 80k per trip to truck owner/project handler after the truck owner/project handler has collected money for logistics.

Honestly speaking o, the lost is usually massive, when you trust chippings supplying in the hands of this suppliers.

Even the material estimate, BEME (Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation) that is estimated to handle the project will be affected because the will be a drastic shortage from the prepared BEME.

Is always better you go and buy it yourself or loss happily grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 10:24am On Jun 15
Concrete contractors or cast workers in or around Enugu, call 08030799100 for a job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SaintUlot: 10:27am On Jun 15
FOR SALE

This 12v pure sine wave inverter has the capacity to power 4 freezers @ the same time.

Capacity: 6000w Surge capacity and 2750w Actual capacity.

Dc to Ac conversion efficiency : 90 - 95%
Idle consumption - 0.3 amp

It is a Non-grid tied Inverter. It powers Inductive and non-inductive loads seamlessly.

In the test video below, I used it to power all these appliances @ the same time:

👉 One normal freezer
👉 1hp pumping machine
👉charge spare battery
👉 one 32inch TV with Decoder
👉 2 medium sized fans
👉1 big ox fan

Then I switched off only the pumping machine to plug in the 1200w pressing iron

I have just one left, If you are interested in buying it, call or WhatsApp 08035537864

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rap3bnI07g
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 1:51pm On Jun 15
Humbro:

I think your post is misleading by saying plasterboard ceiling is flammable and pop isn't . Plasterboard isn't flammable, polystyrene might be flammable but not gypsum board ceiling. Gypsum board/drywall/plasterboard ceiling can be installed anywhere in the house and it's highly safe . Plasterboard ceiling is never flammable, you try and get the right information before coming up in the open forum to share it. Both pop ceiling/casting ceiling and plasterboard is made with gypsum.and plasterboard ceiling is equally covered with gypsum during screeding. Plasterboard ceiling is non combustible. Polystyrene itself is flammable but not Gypsum Board Ceiling or plasterboard ceiling. Whatever that can affect plasterboard can affect pop . Plasterboard is a better choice than pop in terms of easy and fast Installations, water resistant level, low maintenance and repairs . But pop ceiling has better designs than Plasterboard. Plasterboard ceiling is a better choice than pop ,just that plasterboard is more expensive . And equally there are 2 different types of plasterboard the green board and the white board . The green board is meant for toilets and baths , for its high water resistant but white plasterboard is meant for other places in the home for it lower water resistant but it has better water resistant than pop ceiling.

You did justice to this , could not have said it like this as no be my field , both are from same material obviously .i know plasterboarding is better , reason I use for my projects . Each to his own

Can’t compare the lines from plasterboarding to pop

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Humbro: 2:04pm On Jun 15
rmx:

You did justice to this , could not have said it like this as no be my field , both are from same material obviously .i know plasterboarding is better , reason I use for my projects . Each to his own

Can’t compare the lines from plasterboarding to pop

Yes plasterboard ceiling is better but it's expensive that's why people usually use local pop or casting pop ceiling. But plasterboard ceiling will give you value for your money. Both maintenance, replacements and repairs. Like you said each to his own, everyone choice is valid. But if the money is there plasterboard ceiling is good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15
We are affordable and available

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 4:33pm On Jun 15
Nigerians can be funny sha, so just coz i said my truth from my observation that solar is a huge scam unless you want to use only light bulbs or a weak fan that can’t blow a 10 square meters room they are now coming to my WhatsApp to attack me. You install a solar setup with over 4m and still you can’t use washing machine, can’t power an ordinary 1hp ac, can’t even use a water pumping machine and can’t even power a fridge is that not a waste of funds? What else do i need electricity for if i can’t power a pumping machine, water is my primary need for electricity before i start talking of refrigerator then AC, charging my phone is the last thing i will want to install a solar inverter for.

So those of you coming to my WhatsApp to bomb me with threats coz am spoiling your business, stop wasting your time abeg. These solar guys are cashing out fast because they will give a false hope that your electricity problems are solved only for you to finally done with the installation and they start giving you rules and regulations on how Samsung ac is not good for solar but panasonic ACs are good. I have had clients who spent millions on that and later regretted it. Lol

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15
lol ignorance though

Good solar setup is expensive! You can’t cut corners and expect the desire result na

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajabani4allah(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15
ajabani4allah:
Good morning all, pls I need your advice on roofing sheet. Should I go for Aluminum or Slate(Nigerite Litespan) roofing sheet, the prices are close? Thanks

Pls I am still expecting the advice on this from the professionals and the experienced guru here. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15
dangoteinlaw:
Nigerians can be funny sha, so just coz i said my truth from my observation that solar is a huge scam unless you want to use only light bulbs or a weak fan that can’t blow a 10 square meters room they are now coming to my WhatsApp to attack me. You install a solar setup with over 4m and still you can’t use washing machine, can’t power an ordinary 1hp ac, can’t even use a water pumping machine and can’t even power a fridge is that not a waste of funds? What else do i need electricity for if i can’t power a pumping machine, water is my primary need for electricity before i start talking of refrigerator then AC, charging my phone is the last thing i will want to install a solar inverter for.

So those of you coming to my WhatsApp to bomb me with threats coz am spoiling your business, stop wasting your time abeg. These solar guys are cashing out fast because they will give a false hope that your electricity problems are solved only for you to finally done with the installation and they start giving you rules and regulations on how Samsung ac is not good for solar but panasonic ACs are good. I have had clients who spent millions on that and later regretted it. Lol
I don't know you sha but one thing I know is that you're wallowing in deep ignorance. That's not bad but the fact that you choose not to educate yourself with the available information that abounds the internet is the huge problem.

Ever heard of the Gigafactory? It's a whole industrial complex powered by just solar. I know at least three people are completely off-grid and they power every single item in their house with solar.

What you need is the right information about solar. Problem is that lots of people meets a solar vendor and asks for five panels and two batteries and then pay. Tomorrow such a person will go about saying he spent so so millions and yet cannot enjoy solar. What you need to do is to get the total amount of power you consume in your home and then tailor your system according to your needs. This will cost a fortune but you can start the journey with few light bulbs and fan at night until you complete the setup.

Ever heard of the YouTuber Brownlee and Jerrrigeverything? These guys gave a total breakdown on how they did theirs. Even here on nairaland, there's a thread where people discuss their solar journey and everything they have done to go completely off the grid.

Stop embarrassing yourself in public

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15
michlins:
I don't know you sha but one thing I know is that you're wallowing in deep ignorance. That's not bad but the fact that you choose not to educate yourself with the available information that abounds the internet is the huge problem.

Ever heard of the Gigafactory? It's a whole industrial complex powered by just solar. I know at least three people are completely off-grid and they power every single item in their house with solar.

What you need is the right information about solar. Problem is that lots of people meets a solar vendor and asks for five panels and two batteries and then pay. Tomorrow such a person will go about saying he spent so so millions and yet cannot enjoy solar. What you need to do is to get the total amount of power you consume in your home and then tailor your system according to your needs. This will cost a fortune but you can start the journey with few light bulbs and fan at night until you complete the setup.

Ever heard of the YouTuber Brownlee and Jerrrigeverything? These guys gave a total breakdown on how they did theirs. Even here on nairaland, there's a thread where people discuss their solar journey and everything they have done to go completely off the grid.

Stop embarrassing yourself in public

Omo I have never read something like this in my life!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15
twinskenny:

Omo I have never read something like this in my life!
the fact that some countries are going for clean energy which solar is championing, someone is here displaying this level of ignorance

Imagine how proud he is.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:58pm On Jun 15
michlins:
the fact that some countries are going for clean energy which solar is championing, someone is here displaying this level of ignorance

Imagine how proud he is.
This one no be hear say. My brother is using only solar in his hospital. The whole 2 storey building, and has been off grid ever since. 24 hours electricity with ac, water pump, fridges and all tvs . The system has 45 solar panels.
When most of the appliances are on, it say only 25% usage, meaning he can even add more load. 15kva total. Cost more than #10M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dollarnaira: 8:54pm On Jun 15
@dangoteinlaw
Pls, that a 4m solar set up was wrongly installed shouldn't be generalized sir.

My set up is ordinary 12v 100a LifePO4 battery powering my loads:
32' Tv
Decoder
Tv box
Fans
Washing machine
Blender
Freezer 100L.
About 80% of the above works simultaneously in the afternoon.

While all others work apart from freezer and washing machine for several hours in the night.

Check here for more info:
https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1743
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15
dangoteinlaw:

I'm surprised to read this 😯😯 you or your so called clients must have contracted road side solar installer. I kid you not, solar energy is the way to go...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 9:18pm On Jun 15
Haha they ve start the attacks once again. Is solar a temporary backup yes but deceiving your clients into spending over 10m on something that still won’t take them off grid and they would need to replace batteries every 18months is fraud.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dollarnaira: 9:27pm On Jun 15
dangoteinlaw:
Haha they ve start the attacks once again

You quoted Quora wey b like nairaland.
You quoted an individual with your mindset but left others with our mindset.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15
sonnie10:

This one no be hear say. My brother is using only solar in his hospital. The whole 2 storey building, and has been off grid ever since. 24 hours electricity with ac, water pump, fridges and all tvs . The system has 45 solar panels.
When most of the appliances are on, it say only 25% usage, meaning he can even add more load. 15kva total. Cost more than #10M.

We did an installations for a filling station for a while back! Working well no issue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15
sonnie10:

A decent complete off grid solar system will set you back 10-15M. The initial cost is the issue. This set up cost makes it not fit for purpose, not cost effective. There is no savings to be had. At 10M, the unit cost per kilo watt is very prohibitive. It may take you 14 years to match a genset user who spends 55k a month on petrol.

So, ideally, a hybrid system is by far cheaper by a country mile than complete off grid solar. Spend about 2M on a solar set up and get a 7.5kva generator for about 500k. That's a total of 2.5M. Have a monthly budget of 50k on petrol for the genset.

Run the solar by day, run genset by night. The numbers add up for an average family home.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:37pm On Jun 15
diordaves:

A decent complete off grid solar system will set you back 10-15M. The initial cost is the issue. This set up cost makes it not fit for purpose, not cost effective. There is no savings to be had. At 10M, the unit cost per kilo watt is very prohibitive. It may take you 14 years to match a genset user who spends 55k a month on petrol.

So, ideally, a hybrid system is by far cheaper by a country mile than complete off grid solar. Spend about 2M on a solar set up and get a 7.5kva generator for about 500k. That's a total of 2.5M. Have a monthly budget of 50k on petrol for the genset.

Run the solar by day, run genset by night. The numbers add up for an average family home.

50k on petrol monthly Maybe you are putting on the gen for just 30 or 45minutes

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:46am On Jun 16
diordaves:

most 7.5kva generator will take 7k fuel for 24hrs daily. Now you will have to add the cost of the noise, the cost of the maintenance and the best part of it, the generator even with best servicing history can decide one night not to start. You will have to wait until the next day to get a mechanic.

Start your journey with the available 2ml and keep increasing the batteries and panels as days go by. You will get off the grid in no time

I don't have solar (yet) I cannot use 5ml on generator at all. I will rather use it to set up solar and budget a six months upgrade until I get what I want.

Last year,a friend of mine went off grid in Enugu. Like completely for a little over 4ml. It was a DIY project

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:59am On Jun 16
diordaves:

My brother told me he was spending about 20k daily on petrol before he decided to switch to LNG and was spending about 13k daily. But now, he spends nothing anymore. He even told me how gen was always breaking down and mechanics were having filled days.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:43am On Jun 16
diordaves:

I don't think you live in this same Naija wey we dey so. Or maybe you haven't bought fuel for quite a while now.

A 7.5kva gen has a 25L fuel tank and a full tank can run non-stop for only about 12hrs. In today's economy, that 55k you mentioned can get you just about 70L of fuel, which translates to about 3 full tanks on that 7.5kva gen, hence you'd only be able to run the gen for just 3 x 12hrs (1 and half days, if run continuously).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:47am On Jun 16
twinskenny:

50k on petrol monthly Maybe you are putting on the gen for just 30 or 45minutes
Or maybe he has a different and cheaper source of petrol from the rest of us in this Naija.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:54am On Jun 16
michlins:
most 7.5kva generator will take 7k fuel for 24hrs daily. Now you will have to add the cost of the noise, the cost of the maintenance and the best part of it, the generator even with best servicing history can decide one night not to start. You will have to wait until the next day to get a mechanic.

Start your journey with the available 2ml and keep increasing the batteries and panels as days go by. You will get off the grid in no time

I don't have solar (yet) I cannot use 5ml on generator at all. I will rather use it to set up solar and budget a six months upgrade until I get what I want.

Last year,a friend of mine went off grid in Enugu. Like completely for a little over 4ml. It was a DIY project
You're even grossly underestimating the cost of fueling that gen. 7k gets you less than 10L of fuel, which isn't even up to half tank for that size of gen and half tank can only run continuously for just about 6hrs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 6:08am On Jun 16
sonnie10:

My brother told me he was spending about 20k daily on petrol before he decided to switch to LNG and was spending about 13k daily. But now, he spends nothing anymore. He even told me how gen was always breaking down and mechanics were having filled days.
I spend 25k every 3 days on fueling and running a 4kva gen for just about 8hrs daily, and he's talking about budgeting 50k monthly for a 7.5kva gen. Guy must be out of touch with our current reality.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dollarnaira: 6:43am On Jun 16
Most persons who never try out somethings are condemning something.

Gross ignorance displayed without shame.
Spits!!!

Go to solar threads.

Enough of this outright over ripe ignorance eaten along with full buckets of shame. shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:30am On Jun 16
Rany4all:
I spend 25k every 3 days on fueling and running a 4kva gen for just about 8hrs daily, and he's talking about budgeting 50k monthly for a 7.5kva gen. Guy must be out of touch with our current reality.
This one was even for a hospital, and you know hospitals don’t close. The gen ran 24/7. That time, every time we talk on the phone, the issue of fuel always came up. Then, I did wonder how they were coping with spending 20k times 30 = 600k monthly for just fuel.
Now, after the solar installation, when we talk, I could hear the excitement in his voice. I remember he said something like, “we are now like you guys, enjoying light 24 hours, I now have the same feeling like when I visited you the other time “

(1) (2) (3) ... (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) ... (3707) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mufutau55(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.