Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,844 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:04 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4557539 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (3714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
He already hinted that he wouldn't pay up. Na why I talk say he will not see my next move coming. I would be suprised if he pays, hin brother for desert Don tell am not to pay !! grin
itswell1:
Oga mave & 3strikes please water down abit, he will do the needful asap.
Make we kontinou to enjoy this retirement plan as you guys and others are giving us great inputs here.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
@ allCopacetic, do you have this led fluorescent light?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
Talking about investment that makes sense, I hereby present Houston EB5 | Thompson San Antonio.

A real estate investment that gives you a handsome return on investment, an opportunity to invest in groundbreaking real estate projects in Texas, and also qualifies investors for permanent residency in the United States through the EB-5 program.

This is following the success of Astoria and Block 384 Downtown projects.

The EB5 investment program is administered by the U.S. Citizens Immigration Services under the Department of Homeland Security. It allows investors who make a qualified investment to fast track permanent legal residency in the United States for themselves and their immediate family without the usual roadblocks or red tape associated with the immigration process.

www.eb5projects.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
n3xt:
Talking about investment that makes sense, I hereby present Houston EB5 | Thompson San Antonio.

A real estate investment that gives you a handsome return on investment, an opportunity to invest in groundbreaking real estate projects in Texas, and also qualifies investors for permanent residency in the United States through the EB-5 program.

This is following the success of Astoria and Block 384 Downtown projects.

The EB5 investment program is administered by the U.S. Citizens Immigration Services under the Department of Homeland Security. It allows investors who make a qualified investment to fast track permanent legal residency in the United States for themselves and their immediate family without the usual roadblocks or red tape associated with the immigration process.

www.eb5projects.com

whats the difference between this one and first group that operates from dubai? i hope its not one of those scamming real estate companies.. anyways people are wiser now

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
jossy26:

whats the difference between this one and first group that operates from dubai? i hope its not one of those scamming real estate companies.. anyways people are wiser now

I have no idea what you're talking about. Should you require further information on these, you can contact the Department of Homeland Security, USA, US Embassies worldwide or the website provided above.

I believe people are wiser enough now to know how to use the Internet and search engines to get quick information.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EB-5_visa

https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
OK, I think they are different but one need to be wary of this.... http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/14/efcc-seals-first-group-office-for-fleecing-nigerians-of-200bn/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
n3xt:
@ allCopacetic, do you have this led fluorescent light?
If you're talking about just the LED fluorescent Lamp, Yes we do .
We have it in GE.
we do not sell it pcs tho
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
allCopacetic:

If you're talking about just the LED fluorescent Lamp, Yes we do .
We have it in GE.
we do not sell it pcs tho

What's the minimum quantity that can be ordered?
And the price to my email bosun@nexthomebuilders.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
Tenancy matter is sometimes a cat and dog matter. For me I issue a fixed term tenancy usually a year certain. The first agent I used works with a lawyer who drafted this for me. The joy is that the agreement terminates at the end of the year and can be renewed as stipulated in the tenancy agreement usually by a written request from the tenant. Most don't renew and it leaves them open to 7 days notice of intention to recover due to efflucion of time. The joy of this is that you do not need to issue a notice.

While you are not required to give notice I would usually ensure that the tenant is made aware specifically or by implication that I have no intention to renew. The cat and dog matter is most tenants would not pay after you make them aware such that you would advice them of the reason ie usually that they are in breach of the terms of their tenancy agreement knowing that a condition of renewal is that they are not in breach. If they act on it you renew if not you don't renew and evict. Most agent would ask that you let them pay before you start proceedings so that they do not go away with your rent.

In cases where the tenant is considered to be an intolerable nuisance. Usually the money part is secondary as you want them out. There is no need for the cat and dog. You issue statutory notice and proceed to court.

If its a year tenancy you issue the 6 months statutory notice (let a court dedicated staff do this for you) 6months less a day to end at the end of the year and then proceed to court asking for your balance of rent. You have a bailiff on hand to take goods pending the receipt of your balance of rent. The fact that people choose to let some rent go cos they would rather avoid the stress of collection does not make it a tenant. entitlement

danowena:

Make una answer

Gabbytabby, lawyer.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
n3xt:

What's the minimum quantity that can be ordered?
And the price to my email bosun@nexthomebuilders.com
minimum is 50 pcs, price is N320 per pc

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 12:50am On Aug 09, 2016
mavverick:
Point 3 is what i was telling gbadexy, the tenancy document that i have seen clearly states this. After the 6 months quit notice, landlord can enter to take possession.

On point 2, can quit notice be given after 6 months into the tenancy. so quite notice expires the day after the fixed term tenancy or around that time.

Its possible to give the quit notice 6 months earlier.
However, It boils down to what is your motive of giving the quit notice. Is it because you want to truly send the tenant away at the expiry date of the tenancy Or you just want to 'shakara' him/her to pay in time? Its a sincerity/integrity issue on the part of the landlord.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 5:43am On Aug 09, 2016
[s]
mavverick:

He already hinted that he wouldn't pay up. Na why I talk say he will not see my next move coming. I would be suprised if he pays, hin brother for desert Don tell am not to pay !! grin
[/s]cry cry baby! Your power is on this thread and you have disrespected "elders" that are pressuring him to pay you and nobody cares anymore if he pays or not. (Derail this thread from now till next year you won't get a kobo from him). You can drive to h3ll and take the money from thugs you organized to derail this thread everyday. Nonsense!!!!

He has been ignoring your a$$ and it makes you look more stewpid to all of us here because "silence is the best answer for a f00L". Call his mobile number tongue

Yes! I live in the desert even without papers but I don't wail and cry around for 'mere' 100k.

What else

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:48am On Aug 09, 2016
It's a brand new day!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2016
Mavverick is playing with genius . Baba go back to where you belong .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks very much Madam Gabby.
Everyone here treats you with a lot of respect, and I hope it stays that way. No be beans, no be dating site grin, no be camel grin, no be 419 shocked, no be to father/mother pikin come dey post pictures of pri school graduation, you just utter common sense that is not common.

gabbytabby:
Tenancy matter is sometimes a cat and dog matter. For me I issue a fixed term tenancy usually a year certain. The first agent I used works with a lawyer who drafted this for me. The joy is that the agreement terminates at the end of the year and can be renewed as stipulated in the tenancy agreement usually by a written request from the tenant. Most don't renew and it leaves them open to 7 days notice of intention to recover due to efflucion of time. The joy of this is that you do not need to issue a notice.

While you are not required to give notice I would usually ensure that the tenant is made aware specifically or by implication that I have no intention to renew. The cat and dog matter is most tenants would not pay after you make them aware such that you would advice them of the reason ie usually that they are in breach of the terms of their tenancy agreement knowing that a condition of renewal is that they are not in breach. If they act on it you renew if not you don't renew and evict. Most agent would ask that you let them pay before you start proceedings so that they do not go away with your rent.

In cases where the tenant is considered to be an intolerable nuisance. Usually the money part is secondary as you want them out. There is no need for the cat and dog. You issue statutory notice and proceed to court.

If its a year tenancy you issue the 6 months statutory notice (let a court dedicated staff do this for you) 6months less a day to end at the end of the year and then proceed to court asking for your balance of rent. You have a bailiff on hand to take goods pending the receipt of your balance of rent. The fact that people choose to let some rent go cos they would rather avoid the stress of collection does not make it a tenant. entitlement

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2016
I have the legal right to be on a dating site (agarawu never marry) grin grin grin grin.

I have the legal right to upload my beautiful daughter any day anytime. This our cry cry baby mu mu small sha! shocked were u expecting a six year old girl to graduate from university Boda ode!!!

You guys Wont let me be even after ignoring you but I have time for shyts too. Agarawu isn't part of the ppl u can pick on........I am different. #fact!!!

I hope you wont kill yourself one day ontop my matter, infact kill yaself angry angry

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:11am On Aug 09, 2016
@ freeworld23 Na you still be agarawu ? God can still change names . Which dating site is that ? Padding ? They won't understand .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:17am On Aug 09, 2016
Better people for this thread, please if you need both çheap and expensive properties in Ibadan contact www.nairaland.com/goodnesshomes. His contact and office address are on his thread (tho I just introduced him to Nl).

I have bought genuine properties through him and he has sold properties for me as well. Just tell him what you want and he will deliver.

May God provide for us all. cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2016
AZUH:
@ free world23 Na you still be agarawu ? God can still change names . Which dating site is that ? Padding ? They won't understand .
oh! You weren't online? That's what people I have been giving nightmare came up with grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2016
FreeWorld23:
I have the legal right to be on a dating site (agarawu never marry) grin grin grin grin.

I have the legal right to upload my beautiful daughter any day anytime. This our cry cry baby mu mu small sha! shocked were u expecting a six year old girl to graduate from university Boda ode!!!

You guys Wont let me be even after ignoring you but I have time for shyts too. Agarawu isn't part of the ppl u can pick on........I am different. #fact!!!

I hope you wont kill yourself one day ontop my matter, infact kill yaself angry angry

Chai, you mean you did 'tales out of school'?. grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
NL1960:

Chai, you mean you did 'tales out of school'?. grin cheesy
if you were a spoilt brat and you also had the opportunity to attend boarding school, you will understand grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
FreeWorld23:
if you were a spoilt brat and you also had the opportunity to attend boarding school, you will understand grin grin grin

I attended boarding school but i was not a spoilt brat.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
NL1960:

I attended boarding school but i was not a spoilt brat.
Oga mi, that's you cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fash78(m): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Folks I need the price of lock cylinders for 3ft China doors. I need about 15 pcs. Also kindly advice how much is to install the door lock. I have about 65 Doors that I need the lock with door handles installed. I have got a qoute of N700 per installation but with the quantity of the doors I seek a better bargain. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
fash78:
Folks I need the price of lock cylinders for 3ft China doors. I need about 15 pcs. Also kindly advice how much is to install the door lock. I have about 65 Doors that I need the lock with door handles installed. I have got a qoute of N700 per installation but with the quantity of the doors I seek a better bargain. Thanks.

Are you replacing the Chinese locks that came with it? I heard the bundled locks are less to be desired and may worth changing.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fash78(m): 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
mufutau55:

Are you replacing the Chinese locks that came with it? I heard the bundled locks are less to be desired and may worth changing.

Hajji M.
I am not replacing everything bros. I have been told 15 of the locks are faulty but the rest are okay so I am changing the 15. If any of the remaining have issue later, I will change them too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
fash78:

I am not replacing everything bros. I have been told 15 of the locks are faulty but the rest are okay so I am changing the 15. If any of the remaining has issue later, I will change them too.

OK. Best way to do it... if it is not broken don't fix.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fash78(m): 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Na so Hajji. So any suggestions on market rate for the cylinders (good ones) and also the labour rate for installation?
The guy that gave me installation rate of N700 per door also gave me the price of the cylinder. He quoted 1K for ordinary cylinder and 2.5K for original England. I however want second opinion because N2.5K in fifteen places na big money in this Buhari era. angry grin grin angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
fash78:

Na so Hajji. So any suggestions on market rate for the cylinders (good ones) and also the labour rate for installation?
The guy that gave me installation rate of N700 per door also gave me the price of the cylinder. He quoted 1K for ordinary cylinder and 2.5K for original England. I however want second opinion because N2.5K in fifteen places na big money in this Buhari era. angry grin grin angry

An excellent opportunity for an unemployed youth Nairalander.

I don't know anything easier than changing a door lock.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
ahah yes Oh, dont even think of fixing it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
I had to replace 9 of my china doors cylinders, paid about 1,500 for 3ft and N1,700 for 4ft door, there were cheaper ones but i opted for this one. We bought it near Agarawu near the central mosque as we were around the area to pick up some items. I wonder if na same Isale Eko based Agarawu family ? grin

At the moment, I have not fitted them as I want all the workers to leave site first then I will fit it. Some of these workers are destructive, and they can start slamming the doors anyhow. So make dem finish, then I will complete these finishing touches. I have a boy locally who will fit it, but we never talk price.

fash78:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (3714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolseas(f), babadots and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.