Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4524132 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (3702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
Dry place, put solegnium in a bucket and use a brush/broom to paint it. That way insects have no chance.

back2sender:
How can this woods be preserved for Use in a roofing taking place in May 2017??
Please share your ideas, suggestions and comments.
Compliments of the season.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
Replying to the bolded.

Plenty people benefit from the proceeds of crime, they benefit until they reach the last page in thier lives.

kolnel:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/estate-agent-docked-alleged-n5m-fraud/

I still wonder why anyone would want to associate himself with bad news
Unless he's benefitting from the criminal proceeds

Kudos to the good builders here
#teamhardwork
2017 will be a better years for all of us

And to that Bosun shoyeye, your nemesis will catch up with you
What a hardened criminal

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
Yes o
Even though some people expect others to keep falling into this trap. Notice that since we started we have hardly heard of new cases of people being ripped off. Thats one thing that I am happy about.

Yet some people are not happy with the development, well thats why they dont have any motive here, lets hope they have some common sense before they hit the last page in thier life.

erico2k2:
Dust blowing aging next storm brewing . We dey wait with koboko to flug the next person that comes here to cry of being duped . Or ripped
Nah that catapult are I go use

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sensegiver: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
@Maverick you are very correct. We ve not had any new fraud case....since we started this campaign against fraudsters . That should count for something.... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Haywiire(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
kopell:
After long story of quality of your product you don't remember to put you contact information, and location of your display center. How can you do business just by telling people how great your product are. You guys alway assumed most people are your next door neighbor abi. For your information, you're talking to global market.

Sorry for that Sir. I actually inputed my contact details in my moniker info. For more information concerning our products, I could be reached via cell/whatsapp on 07053183439. Our showrooms are located at Ichida mall, opposite total filling station, Alaba and also at 20, Idowu Martins street, Victoria island. Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
#Vermins, #Rodents and #Scallywags loading................ grin grin grin

That is their lot in life! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
Well to the pros I'm the house , what is the minimum length for returning the extended rods when doing decking ? ??

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
I'm so proud of myself . I did this biscuits myself grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kolnel: 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
erico2k2:
Well to the pros I'm the house , what is the minimum length for returning the extended rods when doing decking ? ??

1m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
kolnel:

1m
Cool thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
erico2k2:

Its all based on your structural details....wat was desined
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Bros

How far, congratulations on reaching this feat so far.
I remember when i dey do biscuit, my engineer charge me some few thousands for biscuit, wetin person Sabi that time. Knowledge is good, and may God punish those that are supporting fraud and not allowing us to learn, they will soon hit the last page and thier Waterloo.

Did soldiers stop u at the airport as soon as they scanned your passport as those idiots previously said would happen ?

erico2k2:

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 28, 2016
mavverick:
Bros

I remember when i dey do biscuit, my engineer charge me some few thousands for biscuit, wetin person Sabi that time . Knowledge is good, and may God punish those that are supporting fraud and not allowing us to learn, they will soon hit the last page and thier Waterloo.

Did soldiers stop u at the airport as soon as they scanned your passport as those idiots previously said would happen ?

This has been the beauty in me advancing my BQ. I've learned a lot that would prove useful when I tackle the main building. Frankly, I'm amazed as to how much I've learnt in the process.

Season greetings yah all.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alist(m): 1:19am On Dec 28, 2016
erico2k2:
next time put off-cuts of binding wire so it could be tied to the rods when placed......good work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 28, 2016
erico2k2:

Divide the supporting span by 3.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:14am On Dec 28, 2016
olumide4christ:

Its all based on your structural details....wat was desined
Ok thanks I will check again. I recon that 1m is good though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Dec 28, 2016
mavverick:
Bros

I remember when i dey do biscuit, my engineer charge me some few thousands for biscuit, wetin person Sabi that time. Knowledge is good, and may God punish those that are supporting fraud and not allowing us to learn, they will soon hit the last page and thier Waterloo.

Thanks my guy
No B small thing these rods 16 and 12mm just hit the roof in cost can Unimaginable 12mm N1950
As per Airport ahaha nah soldiers follow carry my bag to my waiting car sat waiting with the Mrs . But after that biscuit work madam had to work on the bent waist shaa grin but it was worth it.
@aalist
thanks for the tip . I'm going to nick some binding wires off the iron benders today and shoke some on the next bag I do
We on the job still

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2016
For those of us who where asking if I would have enough space to park cars due to the size of the build relative to the size of plot few pages ago here is your answer .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alist(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2016
@erico2k2 u welcome anytime. Nothing as interesting as lending a helping hand to get things done.
More greeze to your already oily elbows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2016
alist:
@erico2k2 u welcome anytime. Nothing as interesting as lending a helping hand to get things done.
More greeze to your already oily elbows.
Thanks my guy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Today my Mrs said she saw a snake on her way to meet me on site ,imidiatetly I took my cutlass and was going to look for it.I had a plan grin
She asked why I was looking for the snake my reply was epic ahaha grin
I know if I kill the snake and snap it put it on here and tag lalasticlala and write *The snake killed on site today"this page will hit the front page again grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
erico2k2:
Today my Mrs said she saw a smake on her way to meet me on site ,imidiatetly I took my cutlass and was going to look for it.I had a plan grin
She asked why I was looking for the snake my reply was epic ahaha grin
I know if I kill the snake and snap it put it on here and tag lalasticlala and write *The snake killed on site today"this page will hit the front page again grin grin

LOL! Epic. Whatever it takes?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
mufutau55:

LOL! Epic. Whatever it takes?

Hajji M.
grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin

Just make sure it's a Python. And wrap it around your neck for better Front page magic. smiley
People don't care about millions of Naira we are spending here in Properties Forum, they just want to see Snakes.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by luvablesam(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
I have been on Nairaland for a while but am kind of a newbie on properties.
A quick question guys?
What is your take on an underground room in a house?
a childhood fantasy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
A big blow is coming from the Cement manufacturer they will be giving us a New year gift with N100 or more increment.

Cement may sale for N2300-N2400/bag
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by barakah(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
Please who has a contact specialized in Tiles and is based in Lagos?
I just need some specific colours and sizes for a small project.
I'll prefer one i can visit at the market and pick up my items by myself.
Don't mention nairaland Tile traders, disappointment is their watchword.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
luvablesam:
I have been on Nairaland for a while but am kind of a newbie on properties.

A quick question guys?

What is your take on an underground room in a house?

a childhood fantasy

Someone has done one here before. I'll see if I can find the thread.

No need for a consensus, if it's what you want then do it. Folks tend to stick to their comfort zone.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
barakah:

Would like one in Ibadan too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Someone has done one here before. I'll see if I can find the thread.
No need for a consensus, if it's what you want then do it. Folks tend to stick to their comfort zone.
Good luck on your project.

Heh! The MAN is back.... welcome back.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello Egun

Where have you been, I guess Calabar @ the bikers festival. grin grin
How is your build progressing ?

EgunMogaji:

This has been the beauty in me advancing my BQ. I've learned a lot that would prove useful when I tackle the main building. Frankly, I'm amazed as to how much I've learnt in the process.

Season greetings yah all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
I have a supplier who is almost a middle man, but I dont like recommending anyone because I dont want wahala.
I would say why not visit Orile yourself, be prepared though. There are a lot of barandas.

barakah:

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (3702) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jameslojohn(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.