Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4524644 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (3702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
marygold:
Please l have been a silent follower here.I am at the pop stage of my building.I am getting a quote of N3000 per square meter for cost of POP.Please is this a fair deal?
Your first question should be at what thickness for that price, If above some numbers ? thickness you should be fine. The thicker the POP, more material more money.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 16, 2017
kopell:
Your first question should be at what thickness for that price, If above some numbers ? thickness you should be fine. The thicker the POP, more material more money.

Chai, I never knew about thickness angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:02am On Jun 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Chai, I never knew about thickness angry

Oh Yes! More reason I bought my own materials to ensure proper gauge is used. I was told 8mm-10mm is good enough.
So, mine was 10mm with adequate supervision.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 6:39am On Jun 16, 2017
twinskenny:

oh sorry sir i dont have that..

but i can ask around and attach some pictures later
thanks sir

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2017
GoodFaith:

Really
I am looking to do two flat of two bedroom and en-suite bathroom with parapet for 1.4
I did a second floor three bedroom , two flat with about 1.1 milion
My brother get some of the 1.1 million
@bold that would be nice
have u gotten quote from any builder willing to do it for 1.4m?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nene2016(m): 7:38am On Jun 16, 2017
It is nothing strange.

johnson232:

Do foundation for 3 bedroom & raise one room on it?
I think it will be better if he can reduce it to a mini flat, from foundation. When money comes, he can build sth bigger, even more than 3 bedroom.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:35am On Jun 16, 2017
They took a calculated risk. I cant believe it got through building control inspection with no adequate fire escape or functioning alarm. Building regs are usually thorough I am surprised that this happened.

The lawyers are going to take them to the cleaners and the inspection staff who passed it has probably been suspended already.

EgunMogaji:

This incident is not typical of developed countries.

This building fell through the crack.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2017
yak:

SO wit 2m, I can get the block work and roof. and its somewhere in Ogun state

What l will tell you is this:

Since your funds are limited, build something that is not too elaborate.
Use say 1/3 of your land (at the back) as a start.
Build your 3-bed flat on it.
Make it very minimal in design
No unnecessary frills. (Time to show-off another build is just around the corner)
Build for functionality now
No parapet, no extravagant Pillar (functional columns are always necessary)
No Hoods or fancy Roofing (Do a flat Roof to save 1/3 on cost of roofing)
Supervise the building (as always be on ground).
Do all purchases yourself, after a careful market sampling

Your #2Million will almost finish your house, as long as you dont try to bite more than you can chew.
Start now, l wish you well

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DenTREND(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2017
Simple contemporary terrace apartments and block of flats design...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2017
Obeseke:

Attached are the quotes from Tilcor as received. I have scanned both in jpeg and pdf.
Of course I have taken out my name off that proposal. Was on the 26th May 2017.
Had to take out some other information so as not to breach any laws; including regulations on this hallowed chamber sad sad sad

I will appreciate any better proposal as I have not concluded with them. I have barely a month to roof covering

Now I understand.

Classic is a new product by Tilcor that they want to introduce into the market. It also has a lower guage (0.30m) than Bond and other products (0.40m, 0.45m) hence the reduced price.

We bought tilcor bond at 5650 per sqm about a month ago that was why I was surprised when you said 3600.
I'll advice you buy the classic instead of looking for other options.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
I remember when I wanted to start my project, I came to this thread to seek for advise from the masters, they told me not to entertain any fear and some other things. due to the level of my income I cultivated the habit of buying 200-300 blocks at a time after which I will instruct my bricklayer to come and set it. when the project got to the roofing stag I contacted one machine operator he help me to cut IGI AGBON which is very cheaper if compare with normal PAKO
glory be to God the project now habitable(85% complete) though most of my co-landlord do envy me due to me age while some begins to question the type of job I do . in a nutshell I just want to say thank you to every active members of this thread

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
gabbytabby:
They took a calculated risk. I cant believe it got through building control inspection with no adequate fire escape or functioning alarm. Building regs are usually thorough I am surprised that this happened.

The lawyers are going to take them to the cleaners and the inspection staff who passed it has probably been suspended already.

You're right ma, it's surprising all around.

"According to the Times of London, the cladding's manufacturer said its use is banned in the US on high-rise buildings "because of the fire and smoke spread.""

"A criminal investigation has been launched into the circumstances surrounding the blaze."
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myvic70(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
House please how much is good for a bricklayer to build 3 bedroom from foundation to roofing. Mine gave me quote of 300k.
please i need glue because i am just trying to start small.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
myvic70:
House please how much is good for a bricklayer to build 3 bedroom from foundation to roofing. Mine gave me quote of 300k.
please i need glue because i am just trying to start small.

Thanks
300k is fair

u intend doing german floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myvic70(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
No german floor Sir.
johnson232:

300k is fair

u intend doing german floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
myvic70:
No german floor Sir.

I would give this decision serious reconsideration.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
diordaves:

We are currently witnessing the increasing use of cladding in Nigeria. This has been known to be dangerous since the Dubai tower blaze. Same should be said of PVC ceiling. The use of polyethylene extensively in building like PVC ceiling and Alucobond cladding should be discouraged. These make escape and rescue during fire outbreak near impossible and serve as fuel and when mixed with oxygen stoke the fire.

Say no to PVC ceiling.

Can you tell us the ceiling that's fire resistance? Is POP ceiling fire resistant? What about Amoula PVC? Abi you want us to go back to those ceiling wey we dey use in the past. grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
DenTREND:
Simple contemporary terrace apartments and block of flats design...

Lovely design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
Daboomb:

What l will tell you is this:

Since your funds are limited, build something that is not too elaborate.
Use say 1/3 of your land (at the back) as a start.
Build your 3-bed flat on it.
Make it very minimal in design
No unnecessary frills. (Time to show-off another build is just around the corner)
Build for functionality now
No parapet, no extravagant Pillar (functional columns are always necessary)
No Hoods or fancy Roofing (Do a flat Roof to save 1/3 on cost of roofing)
Supervise the building (as always be on ground).
Do all purchases yourself, after a careful market sampling

Your #2Million will almost finish your house, as long as you dont try to bite more than you can chew.
Start now, l wish you well

thank you very much. I will start off in November when the rains have gone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
folmus:

Can you tell us the ceiling that's fire resistance? Is POP ceiling fire resistant? What about Amoula PVC? Abi you want us to go back to those ceiling wey we dey use in the past. grin grin grin

All PVCs are inflammable.

If budget is an issue with POP visit your nearest Nigerite distributor. You will be surprised at the available fire resistant and aesthetically pleasing options and solutions. And budget price too. Ceiling was and is never a problem in Nigeria. I can't understand​ this PVC thing.

Visit www.nigeritelimited.com and then say no to PVC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
myvic70:
No german floor Sir.
Okay....See if u can beat it down to 250k...if he doesn't burge, 300k is still a fair price, as long as he delivers good job...U will definitely pay more if u are engaging an engineer, taking supervision fee into consideration...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
folmus:

POP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenazuu(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
toxxnoni:

80m is around 262feet
Drilling per feet is 1680
While pumping machine, fittings and installation is 120k and it depends on the pumping machine Hp

My survey say 60-65m around that area (ajila) close to elebu. So how much is per meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
toxxnoni:
Astro Geotech Nigeria Limited with RC 795624 is a firm that is into Geotechnincal investigation (Soil test), water borehole drilling, Geo-physical survey, pile foundation. Project management

Dear nairalander
We are happy to inform you that we are currently having a special offer for our potential clients.
We are running a geophysical survey for as low as 20,000 naira.

The water borehole drilling on your farm land
Soil Test
Pile Foundation are also affordable
Kindly contact us
Call or whatsapp 08136569906
Email astrogeotech@yahoo.com

Note: state and location matters

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Financeguru1: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
To All Mentors/Professionals in the House, I salute ooo.

Please, I need guidance on the following:

a. what is the average labour cost to pay a moulder of interlocking stones per square meter?

b. what is the average labour cost to pay a moulder of interlocking stones per bag of cement?

c. what is the average labour cost to install the interlocking stones per square meter?

Many thanks for your responses.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
diordaves:

All PVCs are inflammable.

If budget is an issue with POP visit your nearest Nigerite distributor. You will be surprised at the available fire resistant and aesthetically pleasing options and solutions. And budget price too. Ceiling was and is never a problem in Nigeria. I can't understand​ this PVC thing.

Visit www.nigeritelimited.com and then say no to PVC.

Is this ceiling from Nigerite not carcinogenic ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
yak:

thank you very much. I will start off in November when the rains have gone

Why??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Financeguru1: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
Oga Tpav, Baba EgunMogaji, spyder80, nabiz, etc
Kindly assist.[color=#006600][/color]
Financeguru1:
To All Mentors/Professionals in the House, I salute ooo.

Please, I need guidance on the following:

a. what is the average labour cost to pay a moulder of interlocking stones per square meter?

b. what is the average labour cost to pay a moulder of interlocking stones per bag of cement?

c. what is the average labour cost to install the interlocking stones per square meter?

Many thanks for your responses.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
Financeguru1:
Oga Tpav, Baba EgunMogaji, spyder80, nabiz, etc
Kindly assist.[color=#006600][/color]

I haven't done interlocking and would defer to others.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
folmus:

Is this ceiling from Nigerite not carcinogenic ?

No they are not carcinogenic. In the 70s, the traditional ceiling was made from asbestos. This was banned in the 80s and international companies operating in Nigeria had to comply as a matter of corporate social responsibility. Nigerite is one of these companies. Now ceiling boards​ are made from gypsum which are fire resistant and safe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Why??
actually the maturity for my small change in NTB
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
yak:

actually the maturity for my small change in NTB

Okay then.

Because if no one is working due to rain, then you might be able to get bargains during that time.

There's no reason why one can't build year round with proper planning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (3702) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.