Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,387 members, 7,891,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

What Will You Do Nairalanders? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Do Nairalanders? (895 Views)

Why Do Nairalanders Constantly Ask "Can You Date Someone Who" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2009
Dear Nairalanders.what will you do when your mother in-law to be says that you are selfish and she doesn't like your tribe. Will you still go ahead and marry her daughter? Same mother in-law whom will never let you come close to her nor even accept your kind gestures towards her.  grin cool undecided
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by SisterMo(f): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2009
Who are you marrying? The daughter I assume you love or the mother-in-law-to-be?
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by tope2000(f): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2009
Are u really selfish? undecided
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2009
tope2000:

Are u really selfish? undecided

Selfish? Noooooo! Not at all grin. Only that the mother wants her daughter to travel abroad to make plenty of money for her and her family,  that she never sees me as good nor anything that comes from me because to her I'm standing as a barrier for letting her achieve her motives.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Treetop20(m): 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2009
jules123:

Selfish? Noooooo! Not at all grin. Only that the mother wants her daughter to travel abroad to make plenty of money for her and her family,  that she never sees me as good nor anything that comes from me because to her I'm standing as a barrier for letting her achieve her motives.
sorry for asking but
what exactly is she going abroad to do
that she will be making "plenty" money from right away?
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by tope2000(f): 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2009
I wonder o . . . . i cant blv lots of people still thinks everything is so easy in abroad undecided
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by SisterMo(f): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2009
maybe she's getting a college degree or something.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
To prostitute of cause or what else. No college degree nither does She have nobody over there.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by SisterMo(f): 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2009
jules123:

To prostitute of cause or what else. No college degree nither does She have nobody over there.

and ummm you say you love this girl?
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Treetop20(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2009
jules123:

oh wow
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

and ummm you say you love this girl?

Funny enough i love her but the pressure from the mum is really what is pissing me off. She never really agreed with the mother ideal  instead she wants me marry her and not mind her mother. But really can this be possible?
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Czarskit(m): 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
Speechless ( X 2 ). . .that's ow u mk me fil.

Tel ur mama~in~law~2~b 2 go abroad & make 'plenty' money 'for herself~by~herself~with herself'. . .aftall 'its nt done propalee unless u do it urslf'.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Hauwa1: 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
shocked shocked shocked

am sure with your last post you wouldn't allow her pursue her ambitions.

this girl better off without you. pity she doesn't know you have this childish idea in mind now.

i hope something comes up so that she'd see the real you  undecided
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by SisterMo(f): 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2009
jules123:

Funny enough i love her but the pressure from the mum is really what is pissing me off. She never really agreed with the mother ideal  instead she wants me marry her and not mind her mother. But really can this be possible?

Oh really? This post definitely didn't show it.

jules123:

Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Hauwa1: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2009
as long as the mama never said so, why on earth would you think of something like that?

na wa o
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Treetop20(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2009
*Hauwa*:

shocked shocked shocked

am sure with your last post you wouldn't allow her pursue her ambitions.

this girl better off without you. pity she doesn't know you have this childish idea in mind now.

i hope something comes up so that she'd see the real you  undecided
i am not quite sure you understood his post
she is going there to be a prostitute, he knows this
her mother knows this as well. i think they all do not have a problem
with that either.  i think their mindset is skewed!
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2009
Hauwa, are you minding this thread?

I posted something on the food sec.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Hauwa1: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2009
are you sure that's all pple that travel abroad go there to do? just because they don't have college degree in nigeria they traveling there to prostitute?

blimey!!
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo

Yes, it doesn't. Maybe because am taking the issue of the mother too serious that it upsets my emotions.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

Oh really? This post definitely didn't show it.

Yes, it doesn't. Maybe because am taking the issue of the mother too serious that it upsets my emotions. Please don't mind me if i sound sarcastic
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Akinagirl(f): 1:20am On Mar 30, 2009
I dont think you love this girl. You should know her better than that. And what job could she get abroad that will make her "plenty of money" so quick?
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by topup: 2:17am On Mar 30, 2009
This whole situation sounds really messed up. It seems barely anything is sincere, your love for her, her intentions for you, her mother's intentions for her.

It's really as simple as whether you love this girl enough to go wherever life takes you two. If you don't mind the mother-in-law insisting on pimping her daughter whilst you two are married, then I guess you are free to marry her - because I doubt such a meddling mother-in-law will lay down just because the ring is on her daughter's finger.
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Enockia(m): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2009
jules123:

[color=#006600][/color]

Yes, it doesn't. Maybe because am taking the issue of the mother too serious that it upsets my emotions. Please don't mind me if i sound sarcastic
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by Enockia(m): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2009
act wisel
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by jules123(m): 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2009
Well, I'm really very grateful for all your contributions so far, you all has been indeed very helpful  and to those who misunderstood my feelings and vehemently criticized me. No hard feelings,  is life we all are entitle to say what we choose to. Thanks to all and have a lovely week ahead. Cheers!  grin cheesy smiley
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by puskin: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2009
Logical thing, RUN, RUN, RUN
Re: What Will You Do Nairalanders? by 190: 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2009
hmm, did i hear dat ure abroad
im a sexy fe-male and im interested in U, grin

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Throwing Out A Green Light To My Best Friend. / What Will Happen If Ladies Could Be Pregnated Through Bluetooth / Clash! Two Babes U Was Toasting Came The Same Day,same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.