Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment (22845 Views)

22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / Federal House Of Rep. To Declare State Of Emergency On Unemployment In Nigeria / Reps To Declare State Of Emergency On Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by alphaconde(m): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2015
K
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by lastmessenger: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2015
Forget it guys. Nigerians are too corrupt and will definitely bastardize such program. Nice idea though.
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by seedorfg(m): 10:27am On Aug 27, 2015
Talented we are, youth with specific and educative reasoning
not like some tribal bigot e-wailer youths
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Hawlahscho:

gringrin Seriously, Seun needs to change your moniker gringrin

LAST BOMB: "Be you, everyone else has been taken"
For what now?
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by HirstMOG(m): 10:31am On Aug 27, 2015
reliableme:
I pray say baba go see am

If na for political reason like #bringbackourgirls, #whereisourmoney e.t.c., baba go even snap with the guy sef. All the same I pray it through....
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Madeb: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2015
Dis 1 of d posts we're interested in, not about celebrities dat dress,drink,drive etc
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by uridadole: 10:37am On Aug 27, 2015
NaijaHamlet:
Concerned Nigeria: A.J. Victor
Abuja, Nigeria

HIS EXECELLENCY,
PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI,
PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND
COMMADER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES
FEDERAL REBUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Your Excellency Sir,

GRADUATE UNEMPLOYMENT SOLUTION: AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI - PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Mr. President Sir, since May, 29th 1999, Activist, Analyst, Pundits, Journalists, Stakeholders and Citizens have always complained about the problems that has plagued Nigeria: Insecurity, unemployment, lack of power, lack of portable water, bad roads etc.

Solutions to these problems are rarely proffered, even if they were; foreigners are brought in to design the framework to these problems which immediately collapse before or after the initiation stage; the reasons for the failures are not far fetched: Nigeria’s problems are not solely solve by “textbooks” laws, postulations or hypothesis but by the sufficient inputs of its citizens who have genuinely bore the brunt of the problem and have been hurt the most.

For 16 years (Post Democracy Era), these problems still exist and the vicious cycle of complaints still continues.

I am a Graduate, an Economist, an Entrepreneur, and a Youth. I have refused to be in the same school of thought of complainants, but have taken it upon myself to be a problem solver in the area that concerns me the most – UNEMPLOYMENT.

Mr. President, No Government in the world has ever solved the problem of Unemployment 100%, but what defines a successful Government is its ability to manage that part of the unemployed population.

Nigeria at the moment is experiencing perilous time as regards revenue. The country’s gross Income has continued to dwindle, to set aside funds to pay the unemployed population is not an Item that should be brought to the table; as some of the employed are being owed backlog of salaries.

Mr. President, we the Unemployed Graduates in Nigeria are not asking for salaries to be paid to us monthly, without doing anything. All we are asking is Government Insurance Packages that will cater for our basic needs between the time we complete our NYSC to the time we secure a Job.

Mr. President Sir, with my background in Economics and Entrepreneurship I have developed a Framework (ENGAGE 360⁰) that has identified 5 major needs of graduates from the completion of NYSC till when he/she secures a job.

ENGAGE 360⁰ is a Framework that will not cost the Nigerian Government money to execute but will rather solve the dependency of unemployed graduates on the Economy.

ENGAGE 360⁰ is a Biometric Solution which identifies, provides and distributes Government Welfare Insurance packages to Unemployed Graduates, through Companies, institutions, organizations and businesses leveraging on the “TRADE by BARTER” System.

Mr. President below are the 5 major challenges youths are faced with on daily basis when unemployed and “job hunting”; juxtaposed are Institutions that can provide the desirable succor
- HEALTH : Hospitals
- FOOD: Fast Food, Restaurants, Food Courts
- TRANSPORTATION : Inter City Buses, Train, Airlines
- ACCOMMODATION ( IN LOCATION OF JOB HUNTS): Hotels , Guest Houses
- COMMUNICATION( DATA ,MAILS,CALLS) : Telecoms, Courier Companies

Mr. President Sir, Just as the Nigerian unemployed graduate have desires to be met, so also do all the institutions that ENGAGE 360⁰ have identified as conduits of these Welfare packages.

The 3 major and synonymous indices that are plaguing these institutions are:
- Taxes
- Power ( Diesel/Petrol)
- High Cost of Raw Materials/ Spare parts

ENGAGE 360⁰ Framework has an inbuilt automated matrix system that captures all providers of these welfare packages, how many Unemployed graduate used their services, rate at which Government will compensate them, commensurate to cost of service rendered. Reimbursements will come from Government in forms of:
- Tax Holidays or Tax rebate
- Subsidy on diesel and petrol
- Import Waivers on raw material and spare parts.

The Concept of “Trade by Barter”: At no point will Government / Unemployed graduate exchange cash for service rendered by these Providers. This completely rules out the injection of cash into the system, which multiply effect will lead to inflation and cause unforeseen irreparable damages that won’t be desired both in the short and long run.

Mr. President Sir, ENGAGE 360⁰ Framework is available to the Nigeria Government at no price. This is my humble contribution to Nigeria.

Yours faithfully,

A.J.Victor
ajvictor360@gmail.com
@ajvictor360

Downloadable Link to Original Letter : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Sq6xKEVU5HTlRPM0JLYlIwRkE/view

http://www.naijahamlet.com/2015/08/an-open-letter-to-president-muhammad.html
You fail to mention that Foreigners even unqualified foreigners from india especially have taken over all Nigerian jobs and enterprises. Indians without qualifications are managers and fill rank and file positions. They are using their positions to influence bizs to other indian firms, crippling NIgerian firms. This has to be looked into ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by tolustx(m): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2015
I have two issues wit this letter.

1. If it was actually sent to d president, a national newspaper publisher or it was just given to a local blogger.

2. I seem not to understand dat breakdown he explained. Forgive me, I didn't like economics so much.
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by QuiverBox(f): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2015
breakdown? Read it twice, which breakdown.

News paper publisher these days get thier stories from blogs

tolustx:
I have two issues wit this letter.

1. If it was actually sent to d president, a national newspaper publisher or it was just given to a local blogger.

2. I seem not to understand dat breakdown he explained. Forgive me, I didn't like economics so much.
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Truflame: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Unemployment can be solved by:

-identifying problems around you and;

-providing solutions to them

Meanwhile, buy sesame seed/agricultural produce from us at customer friendly price

Mobile: 08189721460
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by flokii: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2015
where my keyboard dey sef... make me def write open letter cos I get ideas plenty wey fit make Naija better
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by ekiyor3: 11:01am On Aug 27, 2015
waste of time and energy by the op. Nigerians that are fraudulent. na that time you go see married man with with wife children go do holiday for hotel say him be unemployed. what measures will they use to know the genuine unemployed graduates? dont forget that there are types of unemployment ooooooo. the most common is underemployment. what will happen to these ones? op answer oooooo.
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Joshmon(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2015
Its a welcome initiative but I'm afraid someone with better connections,wealth and resources could steal such initiative and claim glory for someone else's calculated thinking..

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by tolustx(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2015
QuiverBox:
breakdown? Read it twice, which breakdown.

News paper publisher these days get thier stories from blogs

I meant break down (explanation) of how the program works. The terms still sound too technical for me to understand and I don't ve time to run afta google
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by teadrake(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
One chance. The dull'ard has nothing to offer.
What gives you such impression?
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Boyooosa(m): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2015
slenderdude:
Dear Victor,

Engage 360 seem like a wonderful idea, arguably the best solution I personally have come across to the issue of unemployment.

However, engage 360 would be practicable if it addresses the issue of sharp practices, such as employed persons enjoying the welfare packages in the guise of been unemployed, under employed persons, and also the welfare institutions should be checkable to ensure data consistency.

Regards,

Slenderdude

Thank you......
if ur observation is not taken care of, the system will be abused, frustrated and forced out of the system sending the candid Beneficiaries to square one.
I can only approve dis proposal if i am the President based on only one condition: If a system can be put in place where the bio data of genuine unemployed graduates (with authentic proof) can be registered in a database, verifiable smart cards be issued to them and verification can be taken place automatically at the accredited Facility Centers/Points. Taking care of this, the Project can fly beyond the Sky!
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Classicool(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2015
No Be Naija We Dey When People Came and Still Coming Up With Different Idea and Method of Solving Unemployment But The Crazy Govt Throw It Into The Bin...
Though your Idea is awesome and pretty cool... And Its workable if there is following amendment in our govtmental system...
1.Total Resources Control By States(Regional Govt)
2.Issuing of Licence to people without collecting money from in other to Tap One raw material or the other.They will only ask for tax and dividends in which the area where the resources are found are going to benefit atleast 40% of the money gain from it which is to be use to for the development of the area... While 30% of the gain will be use to develop the environs of the area.. 10% will be save for the future generations and 10% for all other area as part of benefits...
OR PMB should just implement the CONfab Reports and then make Ur Idea a most for states...
That's the only way I can see the Idea working with consistency....
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by zyclef(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2015
teadrake:

What gives you such impression?
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by jazinogold(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2015
it is well....... angry angry angry angry angry

one day it will get to our turn!
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by QuiverBox(f): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Nice you hve just added flesh to the op's Idea. PMB needs to invite you guys to the Villa.

Boyooosa:

Thank you......
if ur observation is not taken care of, the system will be abused, frustrated and forced out of the system sending the candid Beneficiaries to square one.
I can only approve dis proposal if i am the President based on only one condition: If a system can be put in place where the bio data of genuine unemployed graduates (with authentic proof) can be registered in a database, verifiable smart cards be issued to them and verification can be taken place automatically at the accredited Facility Centers/Points. Taking care of this, the Project can fly beyond the Sky!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Etizz: 11:23am On Aug 27, 2015
One thing I don't know is dat, has d president being seeing all these open letters?
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
ABJDOT:
Some unemployment youth in Nigeria, see nairaland has their office undecided

Yep, nairaland is an office to those that can differentiate unemployed youths from unemployment youths. Go learn correct grammar and join them.

Those who live in glass house....
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Boyooosa(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
QuiverBox:
Nice you hve just added flesh to the op's Idea. PMB needs to invite you guys to the Villa.

lol! and u 2! grin

Meanwhile the facility has to be conditioned to have an expiry date cos i know dat some pple will not bother to seek better life again, they will just conclude their ambition in life with the facility, lazily!
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by swagifted(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
Am an economist...this letter is not detailed enough to express the engage 360 properly...facts and figures / time trends...it lacks..

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Justicealh3(m): 11:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Only GOD will make em hie, & make em show consine ebuf it.
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Visocrate(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2015
in the same vein your excellency other sectors/people are growing but just look at salary its now a dwarf because of irregular payment and owing of employees

Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=NaijaHamlet post=37370442] Concerned Nigeria: A.J. Victor

Guy! this shud av bin translated to Kanuri, Buhari will not understand dis ur mighty mighty grammer

HIS EXECELLENCY,
PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI,
PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND
COMMADER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES
FEDERAL REBUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Your Excellency Sir,

GRADUATE UNEMPLOYMENT SOLUTION: AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI - PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Mr. President Sir, since May, 29th 1999, Activist, Analyst, Pundits, Journalists, Stakeholders and Citizens have always complained about the problems that has plagued Nigeria: Insecurity, unemployment, lack of power, lack of portable water, bad roads etc.

Solutions to these problems are rarely proffered, even if they were; foreigners are brought in to design the framework to these problems which immediately collapse before or after the initiation stage; the reasons for the failures are not far fetched: Nigeria’s problems are not solely solve by “textbooks” laws, postulations or hypothesis but by the sufficient inputs of its citizens who have genuinely bore the brunt of the problem and have been hurt the most.

For 16 years (Post Democracy Era), these problems still exist and the vicious cycle of complaints still continues.

I am a Graduate, an Economist, an Entrepreneur, and a Youth. I have refused to be in the same school of thought of complainants, but have taken it upon myself to be a problem solver in the area that concerns me the most – UNEMPLOYMENT.

Mr. President, No Government in the world has ever solved the problem of Unemployment 100%, but what defines a successful Government is its ability to manage that part of the unemployed population.

Nigeria at the moment is experiencing perilous time as regards revenue. The country’s gross Income has continued to dwindle, to set aside funds to pay the unemployed population is not an Item that should be brought to the table; as some of the employed are being owed backlog of salaries.

Mr. President, we the Unemployed Graduates in Nigeria are not asking for salaries to be paid to us monthly, without doing anything. All we are asking is Government Insurance Packages that will cater for our basic needs between the time we complete our NYSC to the time we secure a Job.

Mr. President Sir, with my background in Economics and Entrepreneurship I have developed a Framework (ENGAGE 360⁰) that has identified 5 major needs of graduates from the completion of NYSC till when he/she secures a job.

ENGAGE 360⁰ is a Framework that will not cost the Nigerian Government money to execute but will rather solve the dependency of unemployed graduates on the Economy.

ENGAGE 360⁰ is a Biometric Solution which identifies, provides and distributes Government Welfare Insurance packages to Unemployed Graduates, through Companies, institutions, organizations and businesses leveraging on the “TRADE by BARTER” System.

Mr. President below are the 5 major challenges youths are faced with on daily basis when unemployed and “job hunting”; juxtaposed are Institutions that can provide the desirable succor
- HEALTH : Hospitals
- FOOD: Fast Food, Restaurants, Food Courts
- TRANSPORTATION : Inter City Buses, Train, Airlines
- ACCOMMODATION ( IN LOCATION OF JOB HUNTS): Hotels , Guest Houses
- COMMUNICATION( DATA ,MAILS,CALLS) : Telecoms, Courier Companies

Mr. President Sir, Just as the Nigerian unemployed graduate have desires to be met, so also do all the institutions that ENGAGE 360⁰ have identified as conduits of these Welfare packages.

The 3 major and synonymous indices that are plaguing these institutions are:
- Taxes
- Power ( Diesel/Petrol)
- High Cost of Raw Materials/ Spare parts

ENGAGE 360⁰ Framework has an inbuilt automated matrix system that captures all providers of these welfare packages, how many Unemployed graduate used their services, rate at which Government will compensate them, commensurate to cost of service rendered. Reimbursements will come from Government in forms of:
- Tax Holidays or Tax rebate
- Subsidy on diesel and petrol
- Import Waivers on raw material and spare parts.

The Concept of “Trade by Barter”: At no point will Government / Unemployed graduate exchange cash for service rendered by these Providers. This completely rules out the injection of cash into the system, which multiply effect will lead to inflation and cause unforeseen irreparable damages that won’t be desired both in the short and long run.

Mr. President Sir, ENGAGE 360⁰ Framework is available to the Nigeria Government at no price. This is my humble contribution to Nigeria.

Yours faithfully,
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2015
ABJDOT:
Some unemployment youth in Nigeria, see nairaland has their office undecided
huh,no wonder they say our youths r unemployable. kai!!, it is well
Re: Open Letter To President Muhamadu Buhari By A Nigerian Graduate On Unemployment by NaijaEarnOnline: 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
Boyooosa:

Thank you......

Good point, also how do you know those that got employed after joining, so that their names can be removed.

Also, will people enguaged in their personal business be classified as unemployed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Return To My Boss After He Disgraced Me? / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused / See The Fake Job Invite My Mum Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.