Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,219 members, 7,981,339 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 02:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (810120 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
profojah:

I'm good bro.. Merry xmas. Enjoy your stay in NJ.. Kindly pm me your number.

OK, bro. I will.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
penroll55 pls resend ur pm...i didnt c em
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
udeyokay:
School resumption date on the I-20 is 11th. Is it advisable to go interview for 4th or 5th?
you better do not rush to arrive the US, try and get a extension letter from your school if need be...go to the embassy as soon as you can, the earliest day of resumption of work at embassy so if the 4th is still available pick it "shaperly"
"overplanning no dey kill time" cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
profojah:

Oga , person wey dey US don answer you, you dey talk about ritual,. This thread no be romance wey person fit derail anyhow.. Just-wise eye dey red like anything, he is ready to ban you till 2088
Leave am some people go just come dey talk nonsense. If he won do rituals he no sabi were him mate dey do am?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taymoss: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
As I promised earlier, I woke up around 4am, left my badagry home around 5:03am. I got to obalende around 8:45am. A police officer accusted me and demanded to go through my docs. See gobe! He went through them and said my BS isn't genuine. We dragged the issue till around 9:20am. I was later released. I was thinking in my mind that satan 'don cum o'. I rebuked him. I got to the embassy, went through all the routines when it was time, 11am. The cgi led me to window 8, a separate room with a closed door. The guy b4 me was approved after so much discussions. With faith, I said my own will not be difficult for God. Now my turn, heart was beating fast bt I controlled it with deep long breaths. I opened the door, entered and closed it.

VO: good morning
Me: good morning sir
VO: are there many people outside?
Me: yes
Vo: ur passport and application forms?
Me: here they are (there was a chair in the room but I didn't sit cos he didn't offer it)
Vo: that's a seat, u may sit if u want to
Me: (sat with confidence and looked straight into his eyes) thank you sir
Vo: u r welcum, u have a scholarship from the school. Why?
Me: its because of my academic performance
Vo: ok, did you write SAT?
Me: no, I wrote GRE
Vo: ok, you r going for masters
Me: yes sir
Vo: let me see ur gre score sheet
Me: its here
Vo: alright, ur score is high
Me: yes its high with smiles
Vo: u did ur bachelors here in nigeria?
Vo: where is ur transcript
Me: this is it
Vo:ok, (checked it) what's ur final gpa?
Me: told him
Vo: that's second class upper. Ok. U graduated in 2011, dats 4 years, what av u been doing?
Me: I went for nysc which ended in 2013. My dad became seriously ill after nysc, as d only son of the family I was the only one looking after him so I couldn't search for job. Unfortunately for us, we lost him last year. ( I stopped while he was typing, I wanted to proceed but sometin in me said shut up, so I did)
Vo: he looked at me and said who is gonna pay
Me: my mum
Vo: wat does she do
Me: poultery business
Vo: ok, where is d farm
Me: xyz in ondo state
Vo: I'm jst getting to knw d nigerian states. I dnt knw whr ondo state is
Me: ok, after lagos is oyo, next is osun den ondo state
Vo: ok, thank u. Ow big is the farm?k
Me: very big! (He laughed and I laughed) then I said it covers about ten acres.
Vo: (nodded) wat do they do
Me: I explained d business
Vo: how did u hear about a&m?
Me: two of my seniors who graduated from this university and are back in nigeria working in reputable companies recommended it for me
Vo: (pointed to my i20) keep this document very well, u gonna need it. Congratulations ur visa has been approved. Pick up ur documents at this address. Make sure u make ur mum proud
Me: thank you sir
I'm so happy. I was relaxed throughout the interview. All glory to God. Despite the fact that police disturbed me, it only helped my confidence. I've been praying in my little way and also reading psalm 57, 70 and 123, also psalm 119 vs 132-135. These I believe really helped. U can read them also they will work for u

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
Bros bros me sef wan come michigan o...
kennyrony:

Congratulation bro. i did the test but fail the parallel parking aspect. will have to take it again. Were u ask to do parallel Parking when you took the test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burgessdon(m): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone in the house.Pls,any nairalander in eastern university of illinois ? My brother is urgently looking for someone that could sublet him a spare room overthere .Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
dickoflife:
Bros bros me sef wan come michigan o...
Really? Good to hear that. Where for Michigan and when are you coming...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Egbon na grand valley state I apply go. Dem say jan dem go nack me admission letter. Fall sha na when I dey target... How e be for dt side?
kennyrony:

Really? Good to hear that. Where for Michigan and when are you coming...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Congratulations, Taymoss!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
vizkiz:

abeg make una show oh. I'v need to make some enquiries
You need to go make the inquiry from the herbalist that want to help you with the ritual
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone, so I've got a bunch of Skype interviews lined up for the first week of January.
*I honestly wish I could skip that part of the admission process*

Anyways, I would like to know if it's going to be a Skype chat or a Skype call. I'd rather they don't see my face.
Anybody who has had this kind of admission interview should please enlighten me. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 1:01am On Dec 23, 2015
DeeTus:
@happney65, you're ashawo boy. grin grin

Yes bros i am.. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 1:05am On Dec 23, 2015
kennyrony:

Lol...The one wey u do for Naija never do. No worry you don tire, you go dey beg dem self, say e don do. Just try bring plenty Opa eyin, Jedi, Man power etc wen u dey come.... u fit help me bring some tooo. i no mind. lol

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:20am On Dec 23, 2015
purplesummer:
Hello everyone, so I've got a bunch of Skype interviews lined up for the first week of January.

Anyways, I would like to know if it's going to be a Skype chat or a Skype call. I'd rather they don't see my face.
Anybody who has had this kind of admission interview should please enlighten me. Thank you.

It's going to be video call and it will be in form of a chat where both you will see the person and the person will see you

Just take chill pie and don't be scared..

Wishing you the best and favour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 3:04am On Dec 23, 2015
Congrats bro.
Taymoss:
As I promised earlier, I woke up around 4am, left my badagry home around 5:03am. I got to obalende around 8:45am. A police officer accusted me and demanded to go through my docs. See gobe! He went through them and said my BS isn't genuine. We dragged the issue till around 9:20am. I was later released. I was thinking in my mind that satan 'don cum o'. I rebuked him. I got to the embassy, went through all the routines when it was time, 11am. The cgi led me to window 8, a separate room with a closed door. The guy b4 me was approved after so much discussions. With faith, I said my own will not be difficult for God. Now my turn, heart was beating fast bt I controlled it with deep long breaths. I opened the door, entered and closed it.

VO: good morning
Me: good morning sir
VO: are there many people outside?
Vo: ur passport and application forms?
Me: here they are (there was a chair in the room but I didn't sit cos he didn't offer it)
Vo: that's a seat, u may sit if u want to
Me: (sat with confidence and looked straight into his eyes) thank you sir
Vo: u r welcum, u have a scholarship from the school. Why?
Me: its because of my academic performance
Vo: ok, did you write SAT?
Me: no, I wrote GRE
Vo: ok, you r going for masters
Me: yes sir
Vo: let me see ur gre score sheet
Me: its here
Vo: alright, ur score is high
Me: yes its high with smiles
Vo: u did ur bachelors here in nigeria?
Vo: where is ur transcript
Me: this is it
Vo:ok, (checked it) what's ur final gpa?
Me: told him
Vo: that's second class upper. Ok. U graduated in 2011, dats 4 years, what av u been doing?
Me: I went for nysc which ended in 2013. My dad became seriously ill after nysc, as d only son of the family I was the only one looking after him so I couldn't search for job. Unfortunately for us, we lost him last year. ( I stopped while he was typing, I wanted to proceed but sometin in me said shut up, so I did)
Vo: he looked at me and said who is gonna pay
Me: my mum
Vo: wat does she do
Me: poultery business
Vo: ok, where is d farm
Me: xyz in ondo state
Vo: I'm jst getting to knw d nigerian states. I dnt knw whr ondo state is
Me: ok, after lagos is oyo, next is osun den ondo state
Vo: ok, thank u. Ow big is the farm?k
Me: very big! (He laughed and I laughed) then I said it covers about ten acres.
Vo: (nodded) wat do they do
Me: I explained d business
Vo: how did u hear about a&m?
Me: two of my seniors who graduated from this university and are back in nigeria working in reputable companies recommended it for me
Vo: (pointed to my i20) keep this document very well, u gonna need it. Congratulations ur visa has been approved. Pick up ur documents at this address. Make sure u make ur mum proud
Me: thank you sir
I'm so happy. I was relaxed throughout the interview. All glory to God. Despite the fact that police disturbed me, it only helped my confidence. I've been praying in my little way and also reading psalm 57, 70 and 123, also psalm 119 vs 132-135. These I believe really helped. U can read them also they will work for u

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 5:27am On Dec 23, 2015
Taymoss:
Hi guys, help me thank God my visa has just been approved. Hallelujah. Will post my transcript later in d day. Thanks for ur advise and information angry
Congrats on your visa. Are you heading to Texas A&M university? What course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 7:03am On Dec 23, 2015
Walspring:

It's going to be video call and it will be in form of a chat where both you will see the person and the person will see you

Just take chill pie and don't be scared..

Wishing you the best and favour.
Thank you very much sir. God bless you real good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 23, 2015
purplesummer:

They probably want to see your face - it's the purpose of having any kind of interview really. Just out of curiosity, what are you worried about?
If you speak English coherently and seem like you are the same person that you claimed to be on your application and essays, you will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

They probably want to see your face - it's the purpose of having any kind of interview really. Just out of curiosity, what are you worried about?
If you speak English coherently and seem like you are the same person that you claimed to be on your application and essays, you will be fine.

Gbam!Our Oga at the top don talk..I wish you the very best..Go girl..Go get the admission and the Visa sef make we gather jolificate for Obodo Oyinbo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taymoss: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2015
Thanks, chemical engineering at tamuk
lobito007:

Congrats on your visa. Are you heading to Texas A&M university? What course?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taymoss: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2015
fregkay:
Congrats bro.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2015
Taymoss:
Thanks, chemical engineering at tamuk
Congratulations!!! I love it to say congratulations everyday here to people on this forum, this forum is wonderful. Let's keep it rolling. The gurus in the house, God bless you more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 9:27am On Dec 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

I just feel I might get nervous on a video call, lol. I've never had an interview via Skype, I guess it's about time I found out what it feels like.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2015
happney65:

Gbam!Our Oga at the top don talk..I wish you the very best..Go girl..Go get the admission and the Visa sef make we gather jolificate for Obodo Oyinbo..

Lol. Thank you so much. Now I feel so ready for the interview with the several words of encouragement I'm getting here.

You guys rock!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kushner(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2015
Warriboy..abeg which insurance provider you dey use, insurance for Michigan dey too expensive angry

warriboy21:
una help me o happy oooo my car don finally pass dia yeye emisiiion test o with check engine light grin..

i hv been troubled wit dis for some months now i no register d stupid mazda 6 bot it for 1200dolls from 1 india scam profesor sad..(nywer u c cheap motor abeg my broda pick race run smiley)i even did mny repairs and to change any part cost die.because de dont repair ere de only replace angry.. just to replace nytin na 80-200 dollars for jiffylube .even all dis oyibo mechanics sef na google dem de use de repair ur car for ur presence sef undecided y i no jus go house g do am mysef. tongue

dos of u dat will b buying cars pls get good deals n check d car well n pls make sure ders no check engine light o else u go repair u go tire n ur car wont pass emision and without emision certificate de wont register ur car. n if olokpa hold u while driving unregistered car(though dem no de stand for road like 9ja police sha but if dem hold u smiley 500dollars upwards)..some states dont require emision testing though.

for car insurance it is cheaper if u hv a us licence.. i have a link for us licence exam tutorials for various states..it was thesame questions which i studied that came out in the actual test. u can pm me n i wil send..

na who go help me carry garri come na....(help a broda pls embarassed)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2015
kushner:
Warriboy..abeg which insurance provider you dey use, insurance for Michigan dey too expensive angry

Depending on what state you are in, car insurance may also be required by law. Proof of insurance and ID will be the first things that the police ask you for if you are pulled over - don't let $200 a month in car insurance be the reason you are deported from the US and banned for 10 years.

Shop around with different companies, you can usually lower the rate by raising the deductible.

*Not you in particular kushner... anyone reading this.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by otubujohn(m): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2015
Fortissimo:
JabinodelaRatta are you still here?
friend Pls can you respond to my email. it contact me at MaloudajohnATgmailDOTcom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:38am On Dec 23, 2015
profojah:

Saying your uncle is your guardian shouldn't be the reason why you were denied. An uncle can as well be your guardian.. I always crave people's indulgence to always be overly meticulous when filling the DS-160. I think you should actually prepare very well on the last question what will you do after this course,. One quick question bro, what was written on your i20?. Is it Msc or Post-baccalaureate?
Post Bac sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AlbertEinstein: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2015
Somebody help oo! The no of days to wait (b4 interview) after Western Union SEVIS payment. Is it 2-3 days or 2-3 working days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2015
AlbertEinstein:
Somebody help oo! The no of days to wait (b4 interview) after Western Union SEVIS payment. Is it 2-3 days or 2-3 working days

At least 48hrs. Normally 2-3 working days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2015
MrMann1:
Post Bac sir
i didn't receive it. What's ur email address?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (401)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.