Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,219 members, 7,981,339 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 02:56 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (810108 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2015
warriboy21:
una help me o happy oooo my car don finally pass dia yeye emisiiion test o with check engine light grin..

i hv been troubled wit dis for some months now i no register d stupid mazda 6 bot it for 1200dolls from 1 india scam profesor sad..(nywer u c cheap motor abeg my broda pick race run smiley)i even did mny repairs and to change any part cost die.because de dont repair ere de only replace angry.. just to replace nytin na 80-200 dollars for jiffylube .even all dis oyibo mechanics sef na google dem de use de repair ur car for ur presence sef undecided y i no jus go house g do am mysef. tongue

dos of u dat will b buying cars pls get good deals n check d car well n pls make sure ders no check engine light o else u go repair u go tire n ur car wont pass emision and without emision certificate de wont register ur car. n if olokpa hold u while driving unregistered car(though dem no de stand for road like 9ja police sha but if dem hold u smiley 500dollars upwards)..some states dont require emision testing though.

for car insurance it is cheaper if u hv a us licence.. i have a link for us licence exam tutorials for various states..it was thesame questions which i studied that came out in the actual test. u can pm me n i wil send..

na who go help me carry garri come na....(help a broda pls embarassed)

Funny guy. Why you sef go buy car wey the check engine light dey shine like Christmas tree. E cheap abi? Awoof dey run belle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 23, 2015
MrMann1:

.com Pls don't be offended with the style i take drop the mail, just trying to avoid unnecessary spam. Hope you get
yeah man. Will write u now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taymoss: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
wiseman2392:

Congratulations!!! I love it to say congratulations everyday here to people on this forum, this forum is wonderful. Let's keep it rolling. The gurus in the house, God bless you more
that's the spirit bro. Thanks u guys rock
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taymoss: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
AlbertEinstein:
Somebody help oo! The no of days to wait (b4 interview) after Western Union SEVIS payment. Is it 2-3 days or 2-3 working days
with western union its immediately u can print but wait for at least 48hrs b4 interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bayocanny: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
kennyrony:

Leave am some people go just come dey talk nonsense. If he won do rituals he no sabi were him mate dey do am?
I think the guy is trying to joke with u
It Seems fear don catch u lol

How michigan bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
otubujohn:

friend Pls can you respond to my email. it contact me at MaloudajohnATgmailDOTcom

How far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello my beautiful people... As some of you would recollect, I was denied an F1 VISA at the Lagos Consulate on Aug 5 this year (Part 7 thread) and fast forward to today. VISA was approved at same consulate (Window 3)!

I've actually been following the thread silently whenever I have time but resolved not to comment until I have a good news to share.

Appointment was for 11am this morning and I got to the embassy around 8:15am after I had already registered my presence at work tho. After all formal screening at the first stop was done, we were ushered in.

My people they have too much blue letters in that consulate. Chai! The chill started immediately but I kept believing in God cuz we had an agreement that he would go before and let favour speak for me.

Please the ministry of this thread needs to be taken more seriously! Lack of information denies people VISA more than the Consular Officers. Heard some answers today and I was like, "pls no no no, rephrase that in a more robust form" but deeply my mind dey tell me say "ogbeni, u no go face your matter?"

I've gained too much from this thread not to share my transcript. Sow below are my talk talk with the 'very very warm somebody' Consular Officer.

He denied the guy before me because he came back a week or so after he was denied and I was like I've read testimonies here where people went back 4 days after they were denied and got it na. Unsolved mystery....

VO: Good morning
Me: Good afternoon and compliments of the season (He no look me but it worked for my confidence because I corrected the Consular officer grin)

VO: So you are going to the US for........
Me: My Master's degree

VO: So you are going to Morgan State University to study what?
Me: Project Management with focus on Information Technology (I included IT because I wanted him to ask me why IT and reason for this is below)

VO: So why this school?
Me: Morgan's school of business and management is accredited by AACSB and while going through.... *cuts me)

VO: No! No! Other schools are accredited
Me: Yes! but AACSB isn't an education commission, its a global organization of educational institutions and *cuts me again* (na here i think say Devil must really have been a native of my home town.)

VO: No! Other schools have their management programs accredited by organization as well.
Me: For my mind, I just be like (Pls na God!), then it occurred to me that I should switch this fact to another one... He was already looking at the screen and typing something but I didn't drop my head or stopped looking at him and I continued.. Ok, MSU offers integration of about 3 different courses into project management (he was now nodding) and also, while going through the graduate research works, I was fascinated by an ongoing research by prof XBC that centers on ABC and BAC issues in DC Infrastructure management which is in line with my work, I contacted him and during our skype session... *he looks up with all seriousness and cuts me*

VO: Repeat that! (Looking at me straight in the eyes)
Me: I knew he was asking me about the research but his look and sudden interest in the research scared me to stupor so I asked him... Did you mean I should repeat the research topic? (Had to do this to gain back my confidence and balance)

VO: He nodded sorta
Me: Trust me fam, the project topic disappeared here and I was just staring at him for about 5 secs... mouth wide open and nothing came out, I could hear murmur behind me. Then it came just as he was about to look down and the lost confidence returned with a big swag. grin

VO: He started playing with my passport and I-20 (I thought this was the end)
VO: What courses would you be taking in the school?
Me: I listed the courses and also the supporting courses that I would be integrating into project management. (This very awesome man started nodding) I was happy and that moment, I knew I was back in action.

VO: Who will be funding this course and what does he do?
Me: My Uncle, He's this, that and those grin

VO: What would this course do for you?
Me: This course is inline with my work experience and also since the landing of the submarine cables on our shores, Nigeria businesses have been adopting the electronic business model which is beginning to put a strain on our IT infrastructures. No this course would equip me with the required skills and knowledge to offer an adequate contribution to this fast evolving IT infrastructure management in Nigeria.

VO: You did physics as an undergraduate here *looking at the screen* why project management now?
Me: My work experience has been majorly on information technology since I graduated in 2010 and I believe its time for me to seek advance leadership position in this sector, hence this course.

VO: What have you been doing since graduation?
Me: I graduated in Dec 2010 and went for my compulsory national youth service in 2011 which I did here in Lag and was retained where I served as a Network support, then in 2013 I signed for a non-paid graduate trainee with XBC telecoms company to gain experience on Radio frequency optimization and later that same year, I was employed by BNM company where I was then transferred to MNB Nigeria limited to join up with the DC infrastructure management s.... *cuts me*

VO: But you could have pursued Master's in Physics *cuts him*
Me: (Biko stop this if na play! for my mind) Physics is more like the basics in this situation which is very much the mother of communication and Information technology is a relative (I don tire for here ehn and I didn't care what was coming out sef)

VO: Okay, *he was staring at the screen* So when did you pay for SEVIS?
Me: I didn't know when August 8 dropped from my mouth but corrected it and said July (I don forget the day, maybe Bigfrancis will remember lol)

VO: *looked at my SEVIS and passed it* Your VISA has been approved (I went blank here)
Me: Thank you x4 *tries to cut me by doing the hold on sign* I just continued with the thank you while he draws an arrow on a white sheet. For my mind I just dey say, pls God don't wake me if this is a dream.

It was just God... I thought I had lost it fam. If you believe in God, please trust Him!

Thanks people, especially, Juntod, Bigfrancis, Innovativeame, Walspring, Slimmy, Profojah, Kingpower, Kennyrony, Deetus.

Y'all were/are awesome.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
From what I'm seeing here it looks like the VOs are actually looking for a reason to issue visas. On numerous transcripts I've seen that the VO would ask you to repeat or emphasise key things that demonstrate that you are genuinely a prospective student.

The sessions are probably recorded for review later, and the VO needs to be able to defend why he/she issued the visa.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
kushner:
Warriboy..abeg which insurance provider you dey use, insurance for Michigan dey too expensive angry

like i said..if u hv us licence u can get 240dolls for 6months...n sometimes it depends on d car...some newer models hv higher insurance...like my last insuraance i paid was 75/month..ie state farm insurance..but now dat i got us licence de r offering 50dolas/month but i priced it.because i want 40 or lower .de sed no that de dont price in d us..(rubbish undecided)..so im quiting for a new company dis month end...

der r so many insurance company..just google

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

Depending on what state you are in, car insurance may also be required by law. Proof of insurance and ID will be the first things that the police ask you for if you are pulled over - don't let $200 a month in car insurance be the reason you are deported from the US and banned for 10 years.

Shop around with different companies, you can usually lower the rate by raising the deductible.

*Not you in particular kushner... anyone reading this.

guy o.. maybe na full coverage u de yan sha because dat 200 dollars expensive die sha..

we student na liability we de do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mystiqme:

Funny guy. Why you sef go buy car wey the check engine light dey shine like Christmas tree. E cheap abi? Awoof dey run belle.
lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chuckie414(m): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello friends please I just thought of posting my mock transcripts here ..kindly help me look into it and point out any possible red flags or dents in it ...feel free to criticize it , thanks

VO; What are you going to do in the us
Me : I'm going for my MBA PROGRAM
VO ; why the school
ME ; , I chose Bleep cos it was one of the few institutions that offers a special MBA with a sub plan in health care management ,this will ultimately help me in managing and effectively running my dad's medical firm when I return to nigeria after my studies ,also I found out that the mba program is cheap and would be affordable for my parents and they have a faculty student ratio of 1:13 which makes student av closer relationship wt lecturers

VO; how did you hear about this school
ME : i discovered this school by extensive online research via usnews.com , mba studies.com and google
VO ; how many schools did you apply to
ME ; I applied to 4 namely ;; W,x,y,z

VO : how many schools admitted you
ME : 3
VO ; so why do U wanna study MBA
ME : it's a known fact that d Nigerian health sector as been moving backwards in recent years , it's cos of lack of good management , we keep producing more doctors but poor management skills have ruined it, in addition to my prowess in accounting skills ,a MBA degree in a world class school like Bleep will give me a world class knowledge ,skill and experience to successfully manage and transform the health sector in the best way that I can ..starting from my dad's medical firm

VO ; so what are your courses in first year
ME; accounting for decision making
Corporate financial management
Information systems
Leading and managing in changin times
Marketing strategy
Strategic management

VO ; What have you been doing since you graduated
ME ; I did my Nysc program and After that I've been working till date ..I've also been preparing for my standardized test
VO : which standardized test?
ME : the requirement for the course was GRE ,which I wrote and passed
VO ; what's ur score
ME ; 300
VO ; so who will be funding you ?
ME ; my dad is sponsoring me
VO ; can I see his SOA ?
Me ; passes it
VO ; ok congrats ,I'll be granting you the visa ......
ME ; * thanks

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
bayocanny:

I think the guy is trying to joke with u
It Seems fear don catch u lol

How michigan bro?
Make i hear say fear catch me. i get plenty Irumole for my side. lol Michigan they fine ooo. Planning to transfer comot here anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
meritdee:
Hello my beautiful people... As some of you would recollect, I was denied an F1 VISA at the Lagos Consulate on Aug 5 this year (Part 7 thread) and fast forward to today. VISA was approved at same consulate (Window 3)!

VO: So you are going to Morgan State University to study what?
Me: Project Management with focus on Information Technology (I included IT because I wanted him to ask me why IT and reason for this is below)

Hi bro, congrats.. Was ur focus on Information Technology written on ur i-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2015
tunedhey:

Hi bro, congrats.. Was ur focus on Information Technology written on ur i-20?

No it wasn't

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bayocanny: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
kennyrony:

Make i hear say fear catch me. i get plenty Irumole for my side. lol Michigan they fine ooo. Planning to transfer comot here anyway.
Lol, seems michigan cold don do u strong thing abi why u wan run comot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
warriboy21:

like i said..if u hv us licence u can get 240dolls for 6months...n sometimes it depends on d car...some newer models hv higher insurance...like my last insuraance i paid was 75/month..ie state farm insurance..but now dat i got us licence de r offering 50dolas/month but i priced it.because i want 40 or lower .de sed no that de dont price in d us..(rubbish undecided)..so im quiting for a new company dis month end...

warriboy21, na part coverage abi na full coverage cheesy, u go "jare" the full coverage if you fit afford am, unforeseen circumstances, person fit jam me buy u brand new car sef cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Car buying tips:

1. run from the cheap cars because you would spend more on repairs than you paid for it.

2. repeat number 1

thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello house, please does anyone know the rate on FORM A, actually did it today but some how concern about the rate..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
warriboy21:

$75 for that jallopy car? You should be paying nothing more than $46
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
dannybrown19:
Hello house, please does anyone know the rate on FORM A, actually did it today but some how concern about the rate..
which bank did you do it? I have a friend who wants to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
Who's in dallas, how Xmas go be??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
slimmy05:
which bank did you do it? I have a friend who wants to
Diamond Bank today, but they said the time for bidding at CBN has passed but until Tuesday cuz Thursday to Monday is public holiday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Martinscue: 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
dannybrown19:

Diamond Bank today, but they said the time for bidding at CBN has passed but until Tuesday cuz Thursday to Monday is public holiday

I tried to do this at first bank but the guy in charge of funds transfer said CBN has closed for the year and I can only get to do it until January
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
meritdee:

I've actually been following the thread silently whenever I have time but resolved not to comment until I have a good news to share.

Congrats Merit.. Your compiled pdf transcripts of people both the approved and others is actually helping.. God indeed rewarded you for that great work on this thread.. Your head is Valid..Congrat once again..

PS: kindly paste the link again for people(new members) to also benefit from it.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
amanze15:
warriboy21, na part coverage abi na full coverage cheesy, u go "jare" the full coverage if you fit afford am, unforeseen circumstances, person fit jam me buy u brand new car sef cheesy cheesy cheesy
full coverage no make sense jor..before 1 year ur payment for insurance don almost reach new motor..full covergae na for people wen de stay busy areas like chicago n d rest were accident is almost possible
liability rocks.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
slimmy05:
$75 for that jallopy car? You should be paying nothing more than $46
no b jalopy car o..na sport 9 make am expensive sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (401)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.