Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,207 members, 7,923,058 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1066147 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by eridemilade: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
metrecube:

Spouse open work permit application is more easier to get compare to study permit. You don't even need any sponsor to apply for sowp. I was surprised when you said your sponsor had 7million in his soa. Boost your own account to like 1.5m and reapply. I'm optimistic you will get it. I pmed You.

Dis gives me hope. I pmed u

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello Elites in the house....

I submitted my study permit application on Thursday last week, after submission I realized I neither got SMS notification or Email acknowledgement. I waited till Monday and nothing changed, I contacted a VFS personnel via live chat on their site same Monday and he made it clear to me that an alphabet was omitted from my email address from what He could see and blamed the SMS notification failure on network issues after which He advised I mailed accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and channeled my complaints which I did same day.

Checked my mail on that same Monday Evening and realized no reply, I sent another mail to them again on Tuesday with no reply, With much curiosity, I sent them mail again on Thursday and till this moment of typing, am yet to hear from them about any possible rectification and dont wanna continue sending them mail so as not to spam their mail box...

Anybody experienced similar thing before? Kindly share and how you got it resolved.

You all should kindly suggest what my next possible move should be as this is a cogent communication route where I will also be contacted for my Medicals.

@hayqinsbFX @thesoj @metrecube @EmmaMsc @arcayo @etal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
eridemilade:

Dis gives me hope. I pmed u
Replied

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dammysel(f): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
[quote author=Dudubery post=43461653][/quote]

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rudyislife: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
ceemac:
Hello Elites in the house....

I submitted my study permit application on Thursday last week, after submission I realized I neither got SMS notification or Email acknowledgement. I waited till Monday and nothing changed, I contacted a VFS personnel via live chat on their site same Monday and he made it clear to me that an alphabet was omitted from my email address from what He could see and blamed the SMS notification failure on network issues after which He advised I mailed accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and channeled my complaints which I did same day.

Checked my mail on that same Monday Evening and realized no reply, I sent another mail to them again on Tuesday with no reply, With much curiosity, I sent them mail again on Thursday and till this moment of typing, am yet to hear from them about any possible rectification and dont wanna continue sending them mail so as not to spam their mail box...

Anybody experienced similar thing before? Kindly share and how you got it resolved.

You all should kindly suggest what my next possible move should be as this is a cogent communication route where I will also be contacted for my Medicals.

@hayqinsbFX @thesoj @metrecube @EmmaMsc @arcayo @etal
Gurus in the house,somebody should answer this man please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bayocanny: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
thesoj:

Just saying you'll return to Nigeria after the course is absolutely not sufficient. Anybody can say that, you need to be absolutely and unambiguously convincing. The burden of proof is on you to state what you would do in Nigeria in the aftermath of your program. Do you have goals or ambition on what you could do in Nigeria with your Canada training? What are the economic opportunities that you would gain with this Canada training? You need to apply for the visa with the assumption & mindset that you won't be getting PGWP or PR (which is actually a real possibility fyi). It's ok for plans in the future to change, everybody (including the VO, they are not stupid_) knows that. I previously explained this here.

You also need to closely link your past educational trajectory and work experience with both your Canada training and your future ambitions. You need to be as specific as possible.

PS: I received your PM and read the SOP. Make the changes I recommended above and send another version. Take your time and don't be in a hurry.
Bro kindly check your mail and reply I need your input concerning my SOP.....God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Milllz: 11:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
Quick one. I'm a lil confused on the embassy forms to fill, been seeing conflicting lists. Could someone help me list out the docs (name or code) of the forms I am to download and print.
When using paper route do I fill the form with a pen or on the computer before I print? If on the computer, what program do I use?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:07am On Mar 05, 2016
What is it about your SOP that would you like me to respond to?
Please ask your question publicly. Unfortunately I can't respond to most PM requests anymore because I receive too many. Cheers.
bayocanny:

Bro kindly check your mail and reply I need your input concerning my SOP.....God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 1:28am On Mar 05, 2016
@ceemac it's quite a strange one.

Buh I think your email myt be a confusin one where a leter is mistaken for a number OR u handwritin wasn't clear enough at the back of the slips you filled at VFS...

All I can say is you chill and hope accraimigration gets the email right when it's time to communicate with you because they wil use the one you filled in the IM1294 form...

Or you can also keep mailing which I doubt would yield any returns...
Or You can go to VFS to try to get your tracking code, I believe they can help you with that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 1:36am On Mar 05, 2016
browncube:
can I defer my admission for a semester or session after I receive my TRV so that I work before going back to school? also will evidence of tuition deposit and accommodation be ask at the POE
Do you mean working here in Canada? If so the answer i think is yes because your study permit also gives you authorization to work. Evidence of tuition deposit is usually required by most immigration officers. But i've learnt of certain cases where some officers didn't ask. I however advice that you get an evidence of payment, even if its not full.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 1:40am On Mar 05, 2016
Milllz:
Quick one. I'm a lil confused on the embassy forms to fill, been seeing conflicting lists. Could someone help me list out the docs (name or code) of the forms I am to download and print.
When using paper route do I fill the form with a pen or on the computer before I print? If on the computer, what program do I use?
You don't need to download the form from any other source than the CIC website. When you fill their questionnaire on the site, it generates a personal code for you which you input when you want to begin with the application. The code generates the list of documents you need to submit based on the questionnaire you filled. From there you can download.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 1:43am On Mar 05, 2016
max1981:

Yes school fees
Get wire transfer details for your school and head to your bank with admission letter, international passport, statement of fees, etc. You will need to fill a form A for that. You can specifically call your bank to find out the requirement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:14am On Mar 05, 2016
I'm I silent follower here and I must commend d effort of d ogas here helping out in a way or the other,may God bless u all.I'm still expecting an admission decision and I will like to know how well can getting myself skilled in plumbering work help my stay in canada,I mean during my academic days and my later days in canada after my studies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thomaskk2: 7:43am On Mar 05, 2016
House I submit for student visa and my application was taking to Accra Ghana,9 days after I was call for medical,so fast, after medical how many weeks to collect the visa,I believe the Lord has done it and all glory to him.I need urgent reply house.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 10:32am On Mar 05, 2016
Na when u submit nd which schoo u dey go....
Thomaskk2:
House I submit for student visa and my application was taking to Accra Ghana,9 days after I was call for medical,so fast, after medical how many weeks to collect the visa,I believe the Lord has done it and all glory to him.I need urgent reply house.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bayocanny: 10:41am On Mar 05, 2016
thesoj:
What is it about your SOP that would you like me to respond to?
Please ask your question publicly. Unfortunately I can't respond to most PM requests anymore because I receive too many. Cheers.
Have drafted it already I just want you to proof read it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by OpeLovely(f): 10:42am On Mar 05, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

Is this thread still active?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Brownie7: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2016
Thanks so much everyone!
Is it possible for me to move to a thesis based masters after getting admission for a course based masters when I get there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by donsunnyjjayy(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Hello NL,
Please anyone applying to Humber college, Toronto for September 2016. please let's communicate u can mail me on donsunnyj@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Churkie: 11:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Gurus in the house, please I need your take on something. I submitted my application yesterday.(Used two sponsors). My primary sponsor (brother) gave me his biz account statement with a little over 4m balance but the 6months cash flow is almost 500m. Co sponsor also my bro gave me both salary account and saving account, both have a combined balance of almost 5m. I also submitted mine with a balance of 600k n cash flow of over 4m in 6 months. Do you there will be any case of insufficient funds. Applied for an Diploma program at Nait.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tintedniggz(m): 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
famewo87:
i need help on this please
check carleton university and university of manitoba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
Churkie:
Gurus in the house, please I need your take on something. I submitted my application yesterday.(Used two sponsors). My primary sponsor (brother) gave me his biz account statement with a little over 4m balance but the 6months cash flow is almost 500m. Co sponsor also my bro gave me both salary account and saving account, both have a combined balance of almost 5m. I also submitted mine with a balance of 600k n cash flow of over 4m in 6 months. Do you there will be any case of insufficient funds. Applied for an Diploma program at Nait.
You should have used ur bro with 5m soa as d main sponsor because 4m in business soa is low. Having issue of insufficient fund is depend on your tuition and living expenses. If you can state d expenses, then we will know maybe there would be an issue. But generally, I think you are ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
[img][/img]
Churkie:
My 2cent..
Did ur sponsors reveal how much they will be making available for you? Does the business account of ur primary sponsor bear his name or the name of the business? Is the business registered? Did they and you provide evidence of source of income? Do they have any dependent children? How much is ur total cost of study? How much will each be making available for ur study in relation to what will be left in their account? Will it be 50pc and above? Do you bear the same surname with ur sponsors? Is there any proof that they are indeed ur brothers, by way of pictures or/any other compelling proof.

I think all the above questions will determine ur fate as regard availability of funds..? With God all things are possible.. Just commit everything to prayer. It is not just how perfect ur application is but also everyone needs a dint of luck and prayers

If I were you I would have gotten them to transfer into your account the amount the promise to commit to ur study... They amount should also reflect in their bank statement. Doing that will give the Vo some confidence in their commitment to sponsor you..
# just my take.. I stand to be corrected

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brownie7:
Thanks so much everyone!
Is it possible for me to move to a thesis based masters after getting admission for a course based masters when I get there?
It depends on your school policy. Contact your graduate advisor, he will let you know if its possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by donsunnyjjayy(m): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hi NL,
i'm still putting together my documents for application and i intend to use family pictures as proof of relationship with my uncle (with different surname). My question is simple, as it is a family picture with a lot of people from both my extended and nuclear family, do i have to point out myself or sponsor in each picture?. the pictures were taken 15+ years ago & "a lot has changed". If yes what's the best way to go about that?
Secondly, What is the best format for submitting such.. I'm going through the paper route & i read on this thread that originals are no longer necessary, i intend to scan those pictures and print them out as photographs & not as photocopies. Is this advisable?

Thanks y'all are doing a great job looking forward to your suggestions... BTW i applied for the web development postgraduate program @ Humber College, Toronto for September, 2016.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
obiscolly:

Do you mean working here in Canada? If so the answer i think is yes because your study permit also gives you authorization to work. Evidence of tuition deposit is usually required by most immigration officers. But i've learnt of certain cases where some officers didn't ask. I however advice that you get an evidence of payment, even if its not full.
am so greatful for you response evidence of one to two month accommodation will it accept at the point of entry?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

grin grin

Don't mind the maga..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsunnyjjayy:
Hello NL,
Please anyone applying to Humber college, Toronto for September 2016. please let's communicate u can mail me on donsunnyj@gmail.com.

Sent you an email already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
browncube:
can I defer my admission for a semester or session after I receive my TRV so that I work before going back to school? also will evidence of tuition deposit and accommodation be ask at the POE

That's a big risk if you don't have a valid reason for the deferral. At the time of renewal of your permit, If CIC/border officer finds out that you deferred your studies in the past so as to work, your visa may be cancelled.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
@ceemac it's quite a strange one.

Buh I think your email myt be a confusin one where a leter is mistaken for a number OR u handwritin wasn't clear enough at the back of the slips you filled at VFS...

All I can say is you chill and hope accraimigration gets the email right when it's time to communicate with you because they wil use the one you filled in the IM1294 form...

Or you can also keep mailing which I doubt would yield any returns...
Or You can go to VFS to try to get your tracking code, I believe they can help you with that.

thanks for your response, But for clarity sake...

I never said a letter was was mistaken for a number in my mail rather a letter that was supposed to complete the username was omitted. I am double sure that my Handwriting was cautiously legible in all the forms I filled, I wouldn't have gambled with such in a very important case as such..

I have my tracking code and reference number, It was with it I ascertained the delivery of my passport for processing in Accra and realized that i was supposed to get an acknowledgement email which never came... reason for the inquiry which made me discover the email inconsistency...

having said these, what do you further advice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemdogg: 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
bucade11:
Is it compulsory to pay part of tuition fee of 1500 cnd for conestoga college before proceeding to TRV application?
Hello please, I have applied to conestoga College (Human Resources Management) i am a legal practitioner. my application status to conestoga college reads "ACCEPTABLE CONDITIONAL (REVIEW IN PROCESS) pls does anyone know what this means? pls any conestoga student who knows the meaning of this should help out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemdogg: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
ChicoBoy:
@Bandeco, @Dudubery, @ProMe11,@Favour0011.

Carleton University , M.Eng Electrical and Comp Engineering.

I got approval mail today.. passport has been dispatched.

I applied to Carleton in April, received my offer in November.

Sponsor is my company. But I paid 1 year tuition fees with my money (I showed that in my application ) and had a balance of about 2.5M in my personal account... I earlier applied to conestoga college before, Robotics and Industrial Automation.
Hello please, I have applied to conestoga College (Human Resources Management) i am a legal practitioner. my application status to conestoga college reads "ACCEPTABLE CONDITIONAL (REVIEW IN PROCESS) pls does anyone know what this means? pls any conestoga student who knows the meaning of this should help out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.