Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,611 members, 7,888,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:09 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1057255 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayoshyne(m): 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
teesboy:

Do not sweat it bruv it's no biggie, for clarification purposes, changes in address, marital status, child birth, phone number, e-mail address, employer to mention just a few are some of the documents/information that you can send after submitting an application or under processing without being asked by a VO and goodluck with your application.
Thanks again @teesboy, am grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayoshyne(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

nothing to worry about. It's not a crime to mail embassy, so don't panic, it won't affect your application.
Many thanks @ayooluwatoni

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello House,

Please, is there anyone going to Montreal/Toronto this week or next?

I need to send some stuffs.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
No problem at all
Gamboh55:
I have sent u a mail, I will be coming to halifax jan since u re in halifax u re in d best position to tell wasup. Thanks expectin ur reponse
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mine42: 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hi guys,

I need someone who could help review my SOP, please. I have been delayed twice and this will definitely be my time. BHG

Anyone in the house plzzzzz? @ team 12, @ itunu, and all the gurus in the house. Abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by beautyuche: 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello Guys, please is there another tread for visiting Canada as this feel like student forum? If no can sum one here help me with procedure for tourist visa to Canada. Thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 1:13am On Sep 16, 2015
Click on this CIC link and you will have a list of documents you need to apply for a visit visa. Applying for a visit visa is like applying for a student visa except it is simpler.

After thoroughly going through the CIC link above (the link is specifically for Nigeria applicants), you are welcome to come back here to ask questions. But keep in mind that if you come back to ask questions that are already explained in that CIC link, people on here may think you are lazy and your questions may be ignored in that case.

Another piece of advice is that you should include with your application a letter explaining your purpose of visit i.e. why you want to go to Canada? when? For how long? Is there any one inviting you? (If so, attach an invitation letter) who is funding the trip? What is your budget for the trip? Which city/cities are you going to? Where will you be staying? (If applicable, attach hotel and tour bookings or plans) etc. Basically you want to pre-emptively answer any questions the VO (visa officer) might have about your travel intentions and plans. You may title the letter "Letter of Explanation" or "Letter or Intent" or "Statement of Purpose" or whatever you like.

beautyuche:
Hello Guys, please is there another tread for visiting Canada as this feel like student forum? If no can sum one here help me with procedure for tourist visa to Canada. Thank u.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opemotunrayo: 6:49am On Sep 16, 2015
realone01:
congratulations! you can defer till jan and extend your study permit here if needed. you will get your study permit with your work permit at the POE.
Thanks...Will be deferring it til jan and make plans to extend my permit over dia
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 16, 2015
realone01:
congratulations! you can defer till jan and extend your study permit here if needed. you will get your study permit with your work permit at the POE.

My chairman... This one you remember Nairaland so... Lol! Na boredom? Hahaha. College wan kill you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

i guess the Doctor had special interest in you.....lol
cos me didnt go thru that!
Like seriously?I had to type it here to sure everyone went through same thing..I need to be sure..lol..Cos I spent a lot of time in her office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Inkblood: 8:25am On Sep 16, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

1. Black and white is perfect, as long as it is clear.

2. Not sure you need that passport, except for visa pages on his passport. If not, birth certificate is better. You may as well include (recent and old) photographs (I think u'll submit just photocopy of this too).

3. No it's not a terrible move. You're fine with just the letter. Parent sponsorship carries a lot of weight, so u dont have to notarize the doc.

4. Since you're sure it is very legible, then it's fine. But you may consider using size 12/13. There's no restriction/limit to the number of pages for SoP/LoE.

5. The forms are TRV application, Study Permit Application, Family information and Study permit questionnaire. The first three are to be filled on PC, Validated and printed, while the last one is to be filled with INK (it's on the last 2 pages of the study permit guide).

Vfs VAC is at Manor Building, third-roundabout, Lekki Phase 1.
Start counting the roundabouts from lekki toll gate, alight at the 3rd roundabout, cross the road to the other side and walk into the estate, and u should see the building (Manor house) on your left.

I wish you Good luck.

thank you so much!!! this helped immensely. submitted my application, now its the waiting game

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2015
Inkblood:

thank you so much!!! this helped immensely. submitted my application, now its the waiting game

You're welcome. God will do it so don't worry!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2015
berexio1:
Like seriously?I had to type it here to sure everyone went through same thing..I need to be sure..lol..Cos I spent a lot of time in her office
Yeah! But I didn't do mine at IOM, had it at Consultant Practice. So probably that's IOM's system. ......or probably the doctor was just TEMPTED TO TOUCH.....lmao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Yeah! But I didn't do mine at IOM, had it at Consultant Practice. So probably that's IOM's system. ......or probably the doctor was just TEMPTED TO TOUCH.....lmao
Oh u didn't do at IOM..That settles it!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dreamsoso: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2015
@deedee0, I sent you a PM, Kindly response.

House..still looking out for Vancouver Island University peeps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Chars1289: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2015
berexio1:
Oh u didn't do at IOM..That settles it!
Same process at IOM.its called physical examination

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by izzynancy: 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
pls am new to this thread,i need help in finding schools to do masters program in education that doesnt require toefl and how to apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mosquitoway: 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
msmulah:
hello, house, am currently in canada i got an admission to a college since march 2015 and i applied for my student visa july. i have heard anything from them. pls i need advice on what to do.
dnt worry about it,they would get back to you,the average for extension of your study permit now is 3 months from within canada this is the busy period
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
izzynancy:
pls am new to this thread,i need help in finding schools to do masters program in education that doesnt require toefl and how to apply
Cc:graphical,beulahhephziba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
pLEASE GUYS THAT HAVE REQUESTED FOR THEIR GCMS, WHO KNOWS ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME WITH MINE ASAP....
THANKS WOULD APPRECIATE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Am also in need of assistance for my gcsm files, please house help a brother out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emperoracro(m): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
bubsykay:
@thesoj, ayooluwatoni, phonesNgadgets. Thanks so much for your contributions. Its just a year post grad course and I was considering having them pay the total tuition fee of 14k and upkeep of 10k into my account. I used their statement in my first application but it didn't fly. meanwhile, the sponsorship letter states that my mom has been their member for over 15 years and they will be sponsoring on her behalf.
Oga since they can give u all d money you need over there cash, collect it and claim u ar self sponsor, thats if ur current job is worth it.And make sure u pay ur full tuition
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennykentipsy: 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

My chairman... This one you remember Nairaland so... Lol! Na boredom? Hahaha. College wan kill you?

mehn their education no easy it's like real life experience

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Olaola694(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello people I'm new here,my name is olawale.applied for For trv in April i was denied on June 10 2015,i already i already reapplied again before I knew about this platform,i reapplied by July done bometrics too,but since then I haven't heard anything from thermo for admission for PGd in international business at red river college,and school start date was 24 August please i need advise on what to to,wether to defer my admission or still wait to hear from them.thanls guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jhennyaiko: 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
Guyssssss please help,

So I was told that if I do decide to change schools when I get to Canada, i'll get into trouble. The school(U of L) will write a complaint to Cic.
The school possesses a scanned copy of my visa and letter of introduction.
Please help, how true is this? And what can I do to counter it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
Olaola694:
Hello people I'm new here,my name is olawale.applied for For trv in April i was denied on June 10 2015,i already i already reapplied again before I knew about this platform,i reapplied by July done bometrics too,but since then I haven't heard anything from thermo for admission for PGd in international business at red river college,and school start date was 24 August please i need advise on what to to,wether to defer my admission or still wait to hear from them.thanls guys.

Bro defer your admission while you expect your TRV!
Best of Luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jhennyaiko:
Guyssssss please help,

So I was told that if I do decide to change schools when I get to Canada, i'll get into trouble. The school(U of L) will write a complaint to Cic.
The school possesses a scanned copy of my visa and letter of introduction.
Please help, how true is this? And what can I do to counter it?
Where exactly or who did you get this information from? As @ the time of typing this post you are still well within your right to change institution without any consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Olaola694(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Thanks @ayooluwatoni...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mine42: 10:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
mine42:
Hi guys,

I need someone who could help review my SOP, please. I have been delayed twice and this will definitely be my time. BHG

Anyone in the house plzzzzz? @ team 12, @ itunu, and all the gurus in the house. Abeg.

Anyone, please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mine42: 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
mine42:
Hi guys,

Anyone, please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
teesboy:

Where exactly or who did you get this information from? As @ the time of typing this post you are still well within your right to change institution without any consequences.

The information is so untrue, however I will advise he presents the Admission Letter from the institution with which he got the TRV at the POE, to avoid unnecessary troubles. Because of the difference in DLI #. Once he gets to Canada, he can switch schools and inform the other school he won't be coming again, because he got a better offer elsewhere. It's simple!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

The information is so untrue, however I will advise he presents the Admission Letter from the institution with which he got the TRV at the POE, to avoid unnecessary troubles. Because of the difference in DLI #. Once he gets to Canada, he can switch schools and inform the other school he won't be coming again, because he got a better offer elsewhere. It's simple!
I agree with your suggestion completely and I think going by the moniker which is similar to the recording artiste Jhene Aiko the person who asked the question is a female.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.