Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,293 members, 7,887,875 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:36 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (350076 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:

Where did u buy it from?
Were u asked to soak before serving?
All in all u should have asked them the name then ask us for confirmation... Happy Sunday

I bought it from the same people selling the feeds, yes I was told to sprinkle water on it to soften it and break to pieces and then mix it with the feed.. The woman selling it only knws the Igbo name and I didn't quite get the name because I'm not so gud with the language...
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2016
katchycouture:

I bought it from the same people selling the feeds, yes I was told to sprinkle water on it to soften it and break to pieces and then mix it with the feed.. The woman selling it only knws the Igbo name and I didn't quite get the name because I'm not so gud with the language...
She must have mentioned aki that's PKC.. How much did u buy the pkc.. Palm kernel cake..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2016
My birds at 52 days..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:

She must have mentioned aki that's PKC.. How much did u buy the pkc.. Palm kernel cake..

Yes she mentioned Aki... I bought the small custard cup for 50 naira

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2016
katchycouture:

Yes she mentioned Aki... I bought the small custard cup for 50 naira
I hope ur question have been answered...

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:

I hope ur question have been answered...

Yes thanks a lot
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Vital feed prices
Super starter=3750
Broiler starter=3650
Broiler finisher=3450
Layer mash=3150
Growers=2850
Chicken mash=3200

Fish feeds for tilapia and catfish are from 6300-6900. Incredible!
3200 for finishers at Nnobi anambra state..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:

Thanks for this, my birds normally finish their feed before I even serve them water.. My problem now is whether the pkc is to be soaked in water before serving. How many kg is adequate for 25kg of vital finisher...thanks in advance as this will reduce my cost of production..

Whoa! That is scary. How often do you buy a bag of feed?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:
My birds at 52 days..

Where are the pics na?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2016
kayo80:

Whoa! That is scary. How often do you buy a bag of feed?
Every 3days..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 10:55am On Oct 30, 2016
kayo80:

Where are the pics na?

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=jfkenny post=50623228][/quote]

Nice. They are big and very white. Cool.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 11:00am On Oct 30, 2016
jfkenny:

Every 3days..

Hmm! You are trying o!
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2016
2nd

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 11:08am On Oct 30, 2016
kayo80:

Nice. They are big and very white. Cool.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
Oga Noel has been quite for sometime, hope all is well..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
My birds pants heavily in the afternoon,below is how my farm house looks like. Is there any cause for alarm, as I learnt that heavy panting could result to death.. The floor is made with concrete. There is no opening at the back, since it is bush..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
Am good always trying to resolve farm concerns
Ur birds are good
Panting dosent mean ur birds are weak and will die but make sure u ve very good ventilation cos heat can cause that then make sure u have enough water as u may have notice broilers take enough water to avoid dehydration and u know the density of sun this days is much so if ur using a cage that is not very spacious pls cut palm fronds and place them at the roof top to help cool down the weather good luck bro
jfkenny:
Oga Noel has been quite for sometime, hope all is well..

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
Is it raice bran or wheat bran
jeckin205:
Op@ can wheat bran be Mixed with commercial broiler feed and feed to broiler chicks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
If u serve ur birds raw pkc be it soaked or dried be ready to face CRD crisis this may make loss almost all ur birds
The best way to include pkc in the ration of food u give ur birds is to compound the feed using good proportion for each ingredient
katchycouture:

Is this really pkc, I mean the picture I posted earlier

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
noeloge82:
If u serve ur birds raw pkc be it soaked or dried be ready to face CRD crisis this may make loss almost all ur birds
The best way to include pkc in the ration of food u give ur birds is to compound the feed using good proportion for each ingredient

Haaaa, God forbid, I won't give it to them again...plz what is CRD crisis.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
noeloge82:
Am good always trying to resolve farm concerns
Ur birds are good
Panting dosent mean ur birds are weak and will die but make sure u ve very good ventilation cos heat can cause that then make sure u have enough water as u may have notice broilers take enough water to avoid dehydration and u know the density of sun this days is much so if ur using a cage that is not very spacious pls cut palm fronds and place them at the roof top to help cool down the weather good luck bro
Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
CRD chronic respiratory disease
This is the highest broiler disease it can kill in drove
katchycouture:

Haaaa, God forbid, I won't give it to them again...plz what is CRD crisis.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by katchycouture(f): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
noeloge82:
CRD chronic respiratory disease
This is the highest broiler disease it can kill in drove

Please sir how does this disease presents itself
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Coughing, frequent sneezing when u visit ur pen at night u will think someone is snooring but its the birds that are having breathing issues
And it is highly infectous it has many other symptoms that will reqiure expert examination to confirm but the symptoms I listed above will guide U
katchycouture:

Please sir how does this disease presents itself

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2016
My farm house, what could be wrong.. My birds have never been free from watery brown poops.. Could the house b d reason...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 11:35am On Oct 31, 2016
jfkenny:
My farm house, what could be wrong.. My birds have never been free from watery brown poops.. Could the house b d reason...

Nice farm house. How much did it cost you to build? I am planing to build something like this, and I need an idea how much I need to budget. I am looking for something that can contain 500 mature birds.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
How wet is the floor of ur farm house how do u clean the place
jfkenny:
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
noeloge82:
How wet is the floor of ur farm house how do u clean the place
I do clean every two weeks..
The floor was not that dry before starting brooding though I used charcoal to dry it...
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
kayo80:

Nice farm house. How much did it cost you to build? I am planing to build something like this, and I need an idea how much I need to budget. I am looking for something that can contain 500 mature birds.
150-170 k, for the material.. Used zinc(cost excluded) was used though later bought a bundle to argument. Workmanship also excluded..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
noeloge82:
Is it raice bran or wheat bran
Rice bran nko
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kayo80(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
jfkenny:

150-170 k, for the material.. Used zinc(cost excluded) was used though later bought a bundle to argument. Workmanship also excluded..

Okay. Thanks. So, I should be looking at like 250k or there about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.