Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:28 AM

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? (9977 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 7:28am On Sep 06, 2015
Jehovah's Witnesses say Jesus Christ returned to Earth in 1914:

Jesus Christ (now Michael) returned to earth invisibly in 1914 (the date has been changed repeatedly) and is working through his "Organization" to re-establish Jehovah's kingdom over the earth.

Continue: http://www.chick.com/bc/1985/jehovahswitness.asp
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

I already know that you don't believe the scriptures.

Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

So you know that eh, Good for you.

When you have understood the difference between Worship and obeisance, then we can reason together. Till then!
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by RikoduoSennin(m): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

Bible verses show Jesus Christ is to be worshipped,
I know you don't believe the Bible

Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world,
Christians have no trouble at all worshipping Jesus Christ.

Of course satan and those who are his, oppose it at lengths.

You defined "Worship" with different Characteristics eg bowing down, deep respect/honor etc

I asked a simple question, yet you result to insults, eh eh eh! See Wahala!

Do Yoruba youths 'worship' their Elders, Yes or No.

When you understand that KJV applied the word 'worship' wrongly at some places were obeisance should have been used eg Do you worship your creditor- Matthew 18:26..

Jesus is worshipped on his God's Command just as We are to be worshipped on God's command. That does not Make Us God does it?
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Emusan(m): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

Will wait for the abo wa ba

This is what you can do to bail yourself out from those points I raised up there, keep it coming!

Now go back to that post and address my points if not for get about yours because I don't why you want me to address your points but ignore mine.

I know you want to boycott it because I've said what your founder and his predecessor did.

That's one thing new generation JWs don't want hear.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by dolphinheart(m): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Emusan:

This is what you can do to bail yourself out from those points I raised up there, keep it coming!

Now go back to that post and address my points if not for get about yours because I don't why you want me to address your points but ignore mine.

I know you want to boycott it because I've said what your founder and his predecessor did.

That's one thing new generation JWs don't want hear.

the abo wa ba questions is what we are interested in on this thread, let's not divert .

I only asked the question about the organization cus I wanted you to tell me if they dnt do anything Good, and if they do anything good can you mention it ?
This you did not say, but the main issue is the abo wa ba part which ill be waiting for ur reply on .
There is no need to try and boycott an issue that is not the basis of our discussion in the first place.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Emusan(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:
Thanks for the encouragement

You're welcome!

So I'm right to say those words where were never used in the scriptures.
When we use words that have different meaning to one used in the scriptures , it creates confusion. So please others should take note, words like "took on flesh" are not found in the scriptures.

For goodness sake; did I say my word was used directly in the scripture

You know why you shouldn't be taken serious? Because you're an hypocrite! You've been talking about the WORD I used which I've said IT'S JUST AN EXPLANATION not scripture WORD but you keep hammering on it as if I CLAIMED IT CAN BE FOUND in the scripture which I was unable to provide, though not that I can't explain my statement but I see it as a strawman attack.

Whereas, you yourself have used WORDS THAT CAN BE FOUND IN THE SCRIPTURE I don't want to disturb myself search previous post but I remember this particular one vividly.

You said this: Jesus is the first fruit ressurected in the spirit and [size=14pt]annointed christians[/size] hope to follow this form of ressurection Now I challenge you to provide the scripture where ANNOINTED CHRISTIAN appears. Failure to do so show that you're really a chronicle HYPOCRITE.

I did not see your explanation on that verse 'can you post it again and tell us how the word became flesh?

You don't need since you're here to attack strawman.

Can you please explain more on how jesus took a share in humanity? I need more explanation on how the word became flesh. Cus the scriptures did not say "the word took on flesh", neither did it say "the word entered flesh " . It said it "became flesh ".

Then did I say the scripture says the word TOOK ON FLESH? I know the reason you're fighting a lost battle here is because you've wrongfully thought I TWISTED John 1:14 to mean that statement out of you own ignorance whereas I was only explaining myself about how Jesus was not PART OF CREATION before His life on earth.

That's how you keep saying "I THOUGHT YOU MEAN" as you own my MIND the same thing has landed you in another problem.

So jesus came to earth with his divine nature and no longer took the form of men
again?

Again you're still in that dark side, Jesus didn't come to earth in FLESH in my statement means "why His life before living on earth is not in FLESH. Remember there was a statement that lead to that of mine. Get life!

Now to show you why jesus could not have been raised with a fleshly body .

Jesus said: “The bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world,”
During his last meal with his disciples, he also said that his body will be "given ".

Jesus giving his fleshly body goes along with the this statement :Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Just as the blood of animals where sacrificed , jesus flesh and blood had to be sacrificed so that the ransom can be payed . Adam lost a perfect body, another perfect body had to be presented.

If jesus had been ressurected with that same body, then he would not have giving his body as a ransome sacrifice, a corresponding sacrifice .
Jesus did not take back his fleshly body and thereby cancel out the ransom for which it was given.

The apostle Peter testifies that Christ went into heaven, the realm of spirits, not flesh, “he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit.”. A translation say "ressurected in the spirit " and he became the first fruit of those ressurected in that manner .

Christians who have a heavenly hope, hope for these same kind of ressurection , for they died a physical body , but will be raised with a spiritual body . They will die as flesh, but will be raised and go to heaven as spirits . There are two kinds of bodies or nature, a spirit body or nature and a physical /fleshly body or nature.

After Jesus’ resurrection and Before his ascension to heaven, jesus, as a mighty,
immortal spirit person,
materialize various [size=14pt]fleshly
bodies
[/size] to suit the occasion, for
the purpose of giving to his
disciples visible, palpable
evidence of his resurrection

Mary who knows who jesus is and how he looks like mistook him for the gardener.

"14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will takehim away. - ( Joh 20:14, 15)
He again appeared, entering a room with locked doors, having a body with wound marks. ( Joh 20:24-29)
Several times he
manifested himself and was
recognized, not by his
appearance, but by his words
and actions. ( Lu 24:15, 16, 30,
31, 36-45; Mt 28:16-18)
Once a miracle performed at his direction opened his disciples’ eyes to his identity. ( Joh 21:4-7, 12)
Jesus, having been
resurrected as a spirit (1Pe
3:18), could materialize a body
for the occasion as the angels
did in past times, when they
appeared as messengers.

Waooo waoooo, you couldn't prove those scriptures wrong but you have to pile up another episodes just out of your fable mind.

I will only comment on two points extracted from the above see below.

This giving of the body by jesus is why 1 Tim 2:5,6 says these : 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, [size=14pt]the man Christ Jesus;[/size] 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

So in jesus death, he had to give that perfect body as a sacrifice.

[size=14pt]He appeared with different fleshly bodies.[/size]

@bold 1-The scripture says THE MAN NOTE: This is after His resurrection, so Jesus is still MAN NOW IN HEAVEN!
Clear verse to JWs who think Jesus was raised in the spirit.

@bold 2-You accuse me of using TOOK ON FLESH because the word was never used like that in the scripture many times here, please can you show us where the word FLESHLY BODIES? directly used in the scriptures?

Lastly, since it is DIFFERENT FLESHLY BODIES that means Jesus' sacrifice was done more than ONE because those BODIES WON'T go with Him back to heaven as He was appearing to people, according to Paul's statement you used earlier "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God ". and this will contradict Heb 7:27 that says "... for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself."
This is the reason the theory of FLESHLY BODIES (Plural) is ridiculous.

This is why I sometimes have issues with you . You deliberately cut statements and remove parts or us parts to explain ur views . The statement did not say " be in the spirit " it said he was "raised in the spirit". He could not have ascended into heaven with physical flesh cus flesh and blood cannot enter heaven.

And you will continue to have issue until you begin to use everything up there. The key point here is IN THE SPIRIT For Instance, John said I was IN THE SPIRIT did he become a spirit?

Immediately after you tell why jesus is the first fruit in relation to those ressurected

Hypocrite, show me where the word ANNIONTED CHRISTIANS is used in the scripture.

Well if you feel jesus calling the father "the only true God", as nonsense, that's between you and jesus, but as for me , I don't see any nonsense in calling the father what jesus called him , the only true God .
The question should also be directed to jesus, he was the one who said the father is the only true God. That question can only be asked by someone who feel jesus is wrong to say the father is the only true God.

Again, another way of dodging question I won't allow you to do that trust me.
Isaiah 9:6 says Jesus is EVERLASTING FATHER, you believe Jesus was not before but became at a time but now that He is called EVERLASTING FATHER, IS JESUS STILL EVERLASTING FATHER in HEAVEN or Prophet Isaiah was wrong to have said He will be called EVERLASTING FATHER?
How many FATHER DO YOU NOW HAVE IN HEAVEN?
Those are the questions you're trying to dodge.

I did not say "show " us , I said " helps us to know".
"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

I worship one God, just as the prophets of old worship one God and the scriptures tell me that that one God is the father , who [size=14pt]incidentally[/size] is the only true God.

Imaging a believer who can say the Father is INCIDENTALLY the only true God. So when was this INCIDENT occur?
So it only helps us not that it says the actual one to be worshiped, then did you ask yourself why Jesus was grouped together with the Father with the phrase "whom are all things, and we by him." I know you'll argue of the words OF and BY

Is like Jesus and the Father are rival because everything about the Father is also about the Him.

Answered that jesus is not the almighty God.

Where did I say it If you can't provide it the lie of your organization is working in you seriously.

You did not answer my question : apart from authority , is there any other aspect in which the father is superior to the son, for example, knowledge and power? The answer to that question is important.

The point I raised on this is as crystal cleared but for fable mind like yours you'll still find it hard.
Jesus is the Power of God and through (Jesus) knowledge the world was made.

I think your question is based on a need to argue. Jesus said there is only one father, who is in heaven . Does this not show you that jesus being Called "evalasting father" [size=14pt]does not mean he is our father in heaven?[/size] Why do you think that those going to heaven are called "jesus brothers"?. We are discussing Bro , not trying to create a base for argument.

You agree that Jesus is in HEAVEN NOW!
Isaiah said Jesus is called EVERLASTING FATHER, then I ask has Jesus stopped being an EVERLASTING FATHER? If Yes! When? If No! Then How many FATHER DO YOU HAVE IN HEAVEN? Simple!
These are the simple thing have asked you but you keep perambulating since.

I've explained to you my own view of honor giving to the son just as its giving to the father. I worship the father cus he is the creator , the supreme being, I do not worship his representative

You only differentiate the honour you give to the Father and that of the Son you didn't say the honour you give the JUST AS YOU GIVE THE FATHER Jesus said "that all should honor the Son JUST AS they honor the Father." and DEEP DOWN YOUR HEART YOU KNOW HOW YOU HAVE BEEN HONOURING the Father so Jesus said HONOUR HIM THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN DOING TO THE FATHER, that's scriptural TRUTH.

In that verse, it say jesus was giving the authority to judge, I did not limit jesus authority, I'm only following what that verse says
Again, as long as you use words that the verses in the scripture did not use, and cut sentences to suit ur view, we will always be having issues . The word "same" or "way" or "same way" are not found in the scriptures. Quote the scripture sentences completely and then explain from there.

OK! But limiting your point to that verse alone is far from it when you know Jesus said else where that (Not only on earth as you're trying to twist the scripture but IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH) ALL AUTHORITY... which I asked is there a difference between ABSOLUTE and ALL which you couldn't reply.

Answered that as jesus is in heaven now, The father is still superior to him.

I've already told you The Father is SUPERIOR TO THE SON.

In fact Jesus claimed HE HAS ALL AUTHORITY means He is God since ONLY GOD CAN HAVE ALL AUTHORITY.

Whether the AUTHORITY WAS GIVEN OR NOT, HE still has IT since you agree that The Father has not collected the Authority.
Answer my questions and don't boycott it,
-ONLY GOD has ALL AUTHORITY, true or false?
-DOES JESUS HAVE ALL AUTHORITY?
-How many people do you have in heaven HAVING ALL AUTHORITY?
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Emusan(m): 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
dolphinheart:
the abo wa ba questions is what we are interested in on this thread, let's not divert .

I only asked the question about the organization cus I wanted you to tell me if they dnt do anything Good, and if they do anything good can you mention it ?
This you did not say, but the main issue is the abo wa ba part which ill be waiting for ur reply on .
There is no need to try and boycott an issue that is not the basis of our discussion in the first place.

See another excuse, was my points only on the ORGANIZATION?

At least I still said something about the thread. I know you're looking for a way out here and all the roads have been blocked.

So answer my point and don't boycott the part of the organization BECAUSE YOU ACCUSED ME OF HATING THE ORGANIZATION OR ME NEVER SAID ANY GOOD THING ABOUT THEM here on this thread. So prove me wrong with what I said about them (Pastor Russell and his follower did TEACH THE WORSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST BASED ON SCRIPTURE, true or false?). Then people can see your allegation as fact here.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Jozzy4: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
@ Emusan

Matt 28:18 said Jesus was GIVEN all authority ,really? cheesy WHY WOULD AN ALMIGHTY GOD BE GIVEN AUTHORITY ? ITS simply ABSURD !

Gen 41:41 " 'see here' Pharaoh said to Joseph, ' I place you IN AUTHORITY OVER ALL the land of Egypt'" , does this mean Joseph is equal to Pharaoh ? No , Pharaoh GAVE HIM All authority , Joseph was Given and thus still subjected to Pharaoh

Jesus admit he was GIVEN , thus under the authority of the one who gave him authority ,

" for "God has put everything under his feet" Now when it says everything has been put under him, this clearly does not include the one who put everything under him " - 1cor 15:27
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnw74:

The lengths you go to, to try and discredit all the Bible verses that say Jesus Christ is to be worshiped.
It's evil for sure.

Oga don't respond to my comments until u decide to discuss.

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol

Rev 3:9 King James Bible
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, Which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

From the above , Even Jesus followers are worshipped ! grin

Let them continue in delusion : John 4:23 said it all

Frankly, I pity for these people having ones been among them. How I wish they ll just open there mind and see reasons.

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 12:05am On Sep 07, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

You defined "Worship" with different Characteristics eg bowing down, deep respect/honor etc

I asked a simple question, yet you result to insults, eh eh eh! See Wahala!

Do Yoruba youths 'worship' their Elders, Yes or No.

When you understand that KJV applied the word 'worship' wrongly at some places were obeisance should have been used eg Do you worship your creditor- Matthew 18:26..

Jesus is worshipped on his God's Command just as We are to be worshipped on God's command. That does not Make Us God does it?

johnw74:

Bible verses show Jesus Christ is to be worshipped,
I know you don't believe the Bible

Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world,
Christians have no trouble at all worshipping Jesus Christ.

Of course satan and those who are his, oppose it at lengths.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 12:08am On Sep 07, 2015
JMAN05:

Oga don't respond to my comments until u decide to discuss.

johnw74:

The lengths you go to, to try and discredit all the Bible verses that say Jesus Christ is to be worshiped.
It's evil for sure.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 12:14am On Sep 07, 2015
Those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses, say God's first creations(referring to the Father) were two angels Michael and lucifer. However the Bible shows that the Word Jesus Christ created all that was created.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Nothing was made that was not made by the Word, that of course includes angels.

The Jehovah's Witnesses sect, are Jehovah's Witnesses by name only, not literally,
they distort His Truth.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by dolphinheart(m): 1:48am On Sep 07, 2015
Emusan:
For goodness sake; did I say my word was used directly in the scripture
You know why you shouldn't be taken serious? Because you're an hypocrite! You've been talking about the WORD I used which I've said IT'S JUST AN EXPLANATION not scripture WORD but you keep
hammering on it as if I
CLAIMED IT CAN BE FOUND in
the scripture which I was
unable to provide, though not
that I can't explain my
statement but I see it as a
strawman attack.
Whereas, you yourself have
used WORDS THAT CAN BE
FOUND IN THE SCRIPTURE I
don't want to disturb myself
search previous post but I
remember this particular one
vividly.
You said this: Jesus is the first
fruit ressurected in the spirit
and annointed christians hope
to follow this form of
ressurection Now I challenge
you to provide the scripture
where ANNOINTED CHRISTIAN
appears. Failure to do so show
that you're really a chronicle
HYPOCRITE.

So I'm right to say those words
where were never used in the
scriptures.
When we use words in our explanations that have
different meaning to one used in the scriptures , it creates
confusion.

Now to anointed christians :
Jesus footstep followers who have been spirit begotten and anointed with holy spirit can be spoken of as anointed ones.

"Now he which stablisheth us
with you in Christ, and hath
anointed us, is God;- 2Co 1:21

This ones("us"wink are annointed
This "us" are christians
Thus I can say those people being reffered to in that verse are " annointed Christians".

"But the anointing which ye
have received of him abideth
in you, and ye need not that
any man teach you: but as the
same anointing teacheth you
of all things, and is truth, and is. no lie, and even as it hath
taught you, ye shall abide in
him." -1Jo 2:27

So I can personaly explain that those who where Anointed where also called christians and can thus be called "anointed christians " by me.
Bet you hear when some people say "touch not my anointed " when reffering to their church leaders . Are the church leaders not christians?

This you can't do with "took on flesh" as the meaning of "took on flesh" is different from "became flesh".

I did not hammer on need of direct bible quotation, I only wanted to use that question to get things straight , so that others would not have use words that have a different meaning in explaining.
The word u used have different meaning from "became flesh", so I had to first made it clear that the words "took on flesh" is not in the scriptures.
The issue on exact bible words are not to make you look wrong, but to clear some bible phrases and let us know that the words we use, even though it is not present in the scriptures, It must has direct meaning with the ones used in the scritures and also tells the same thing as the scriptures is telling us.

You don't need since you're here to attack strawman.

I need it, it will help me to understand you better so can you post it again and tell us how the word became flesh?

Then did I say the scripture says the word TOOK ON FLESH? I know the reason you're fighting a lost battle here is because you've
wrongfully thought I TWISTED
John 1:14 to mean that statement out of you own ignorance whereas I was only explaining myself about how Jesus was not PART OF CREATION before His
life on earth.
That's how you keep saying "I
THOUGHT YOU MEAN" as you
own my MIND the same thing
has landed you in another
problem.

Good, I now understand that you where explaining how "jesus was not part of creation before his life on earth".
Can you now explain what the scripture meant by the "word became flesh"?

Again you're still in that dark side,
Jesus didn't come to earth in
FLESH in my statement means
"why His life before living on
earth is not in FLESH.
Remember there was a
statement that lead to that of
mine. Get life!

I did not ask you jesus nature before coming to earth .

You said : jesus came to earth not with his flesh?

I asked : so what did jesus come to earth with?

You said : with his divine nature.

That's y I said : So Jesus came to earth with his divine nature and no longer took the form of men again?

Cus john 1:14 says - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of
the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
The bible also explains that jesus completely "emptied himself and took the form of men"
To me this explains that jesus came to earth not with a divine nature, but as flesh . This is why there was an actual conception in the womb of Mary.

Waooo waoooo, you couldn't prove those scriptures wrong but you have to pile up another episodes just out of your fable
mind.

Those episodes are backed up with scriptural quotes . one wonders why you refuse to comment on them .

@bold 1-The scripture says THE MAN NOTE: This is after His resurrection, so Jesus is still MAN NOW IN HEAVEN!
Clear verse to JWs who think
Jesus was raised in the spirit.

Read 1 cor 15: 45 - 49
"So it is written: “The first
man Adam became a living
being” f ; the last Adam, a life-
giving spirit. 46 The spiritual
did not come first, but the
natural, and after that the
spiritual. 47 The first man was
of the dust of the earth; the
second man is of heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so
are those who are of the earth;
and as is the heavenly man,
so also are those who are of
heaven. 49 And just as we
have borne the image of the
earthly man, so shall we g
bear the image of the
heavenly man."

Here jesus is presently a life giving spirit, not flesh.
Here , the man , heavenly man is as those who are of heaven. Me and you both know that those who are of heaven are spirits, only spirits reside in heaven. Jehovah, jesus, the seraps, angels and demons (previously) all reside(d) in heaven , they are all spirits . No flesh and blood among them .

This is why those who will go to heaven must share in the divine nature . They must be ressurected with spirit bodies to enter heaven, for flesh and blood cannot enter there.
This is why they will be among the first resurrection.
Jesus, the first to be ressurected in such manner (firstfruit) will be followed by others who will be ressurected in such manner too. For why call jesus firstfruit if there are no others ressurected in such manner.

@bold 2-You accuse me of using TOOK ON FLESH because the word was never used like tha in the scripture many times here, please can you show us where the word FLESHLY BODIES? directly used in the scriptures?

New American Standard
Bible
"Yet He has now reconciled
you in His fleshly body through
death, in order to present you
before Him holy and
blameless and beyond
reproach--" Col 1 :22

Lastly, since it is DIFFERENT FLESHLY BODIES that means Jesus' sacrifice was done more than ONE because those BODIES WON'T go with Him back to heaven as He was appearing to people, according to Paul's statement you used earlier "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God ". and this will contradict Heb 7:27 that says "... for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself."
This is the reason the theory of
FLESHLY BODIES (Plural) is
ridiculous.

you forgot where I said angels have the power to materialise fleshly bodies. They Can also dematerialise those bodies. Remember, angels impregnated women during noah time.
The body jesus materialised was not the same that was sacrificed , he appears and dissapears at will,even when the doors where locked, something he did only after his ressurection.
He did not contradict Hebrews, no fleshly body was offered twice.

And you will continue to have issue until you begin to use everything up there. The key point here is IN THE SPIRIT For Instance, John said I was IN THE SPIRIT did he become a
spirit?

No, the issue is " raised in the spirit" .
John did not say he was "raised in the spirit".
Dnt cut part of the sentence off.

Hypocrite, show me where the word ANNIONTED CHRISTIANS is used in the scripture.

It is not used in the bible, the sentence can be explained using the bible . Now can you tell why Jesus is the firstfruit in relation to those ressurected.?

Again, another way of dodging question I won't allow you to do that trust me.
Isaiah 9:6 says Jesus is
EVERLASTING FATHER, you
believe Jesus was not before but became at a time but now that He is called EVERLASTING FATHER, IS Jesus STILL EVERLASTING FATHER in HEAVEN or Prophet Isaiah was wrong to have said He will be called EVERLASTING
FATHER?
How many FATHER DO YOU
NOW HAVE IN HEAVEN?
Those are the questions you're
trying to dodge.[quote]

I did not dodge ur questions, in fact I used the scriptures to explain my view .
I, like jesus believe that the father is the only father we have in heaven. You can believe we have more than one father, you can take as many fathers in heaven as you want . But I follow jesus teaching , the father, his father in heaven is our only father, he is the only one we should call father, he is the only true God.
When you accept what jesus said, about the one we should call father. Then we will move on to other aspect like why jesus will be called everlasting father.

[quote]Imaging a believer who can say the Father is INCIDENTALLY the only true God. So when was this INCIDENT occur?[/quote ]

Definition of the word "incidentally " as used as part of my statement :
incidentally - /ɪnsɪˈdɛnt(ə)li/

used to add a further comment
or a remark unconnected to the current subject; by the way.

[quote]So it only helps us not that it says the actual one to be worshiped, then did you ask yourself why Jesus was grouped together with the Father with the phrase
"whom are all things, and we
by him." I know you'll argue of
the words OF and BY
Is like Jesus and the Father are
rival because everything about
the Father is also about the Him.

Those verses are simple and clear, it tells me who my God is it tells me that there are many Gods, but from those many Gods only one of them is my God , my God is the father, he is the only God . Me and you agree that jesus is not the father. I worship my God, I worship the father .

I've always and will continue to tell you , do not cut part of a statement off. That method is used by those who want to give a different meaning from what the original statement is trying to tell us.
One phrase is with "of" and "in" while the other phrase is with "by". They are different phrases and not totally composed with the same words.

Where did I say it If you can't provide it the lie of your
organization is working in you
seriously.

I did not say you said it. I'm of the view that you typed "answered " to affirm my view on the question . If my view is wrong , then pls tell us ur view on the question I asked before you typed "answered" .

The point I raised on this is as crystal cleared but for fable mind like yours you'll still find it hard.
Jesus is the Power of God and
through (Jesus) knowledge the
world was made.

I ask a question , not asked for a point .
apart from authority , is there any other aspect in which the father is superior to the son, for example, knowledge and power? The answer to that question is important.

You agree that Jesus is in HEAVEN NOW!
Isaiah said Jesus is called
EVERLASTING FATHER, then I
ask has Jesus stopped being
an EVERLASTING FATHER? If
Yes! When? If No! Then How
many FATHER DO YOU HAVE
IN HEAVEN? Simple!
These are the simple thing haveasked you but you keep
perambulating since.

1st Q: no
2nd Q : when he began fufilling the reason he will caller everlasting father .
3rd Q: only one .

Now answer mine, why are those going to heaven called jesus brothers, can we ever day the father has brothers?.

You only differentiate the honour you give to the Father and that of the Son you didn't say the honour you give the JUST AS YOU GIVE THE FATHER Jesus said "that all should honor the Son JUST AS they honor the Father." and DEEP DOWN YOUR HEART YOU KNOW HOW YOU HAVE BEEN HONOURING the Father so Jesus said HONOUR HIM THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN DOING TO THE FATHER, that's
scriptural TRUTH.

When you quote the words in full as said in the bible, you will understand . Stop this cut cut thing you are doing .

OK! But limiting your point to that verse alone is far from it when you know Jesus said else where that (Not only on earth as you're trying to twist the scripture but IN
HEAVEN AND ON EARTH) ALL
AUTHORITY... which I asked is
there a difference between
ABSOLUTE and ALL which you
couldn't reply.

I do not twist words , that translation where you find "absolute ", he made it in reference with the authority to to judge,the verse also did not mention heaven and earth .
The verse that mentions heaven and earth when talking about the authority giving to jesus after his ressurection did not say "absolute" . If I'm wrong , pls quote it and let's see if this is my personal twist or i said it as the verses said it .

I've already told you The Father is SUPERIOR TO THE SON.
In fact Jesus claimed HE HAS
ALL AUTHORITY means He is
God since ONLY GOD CAN
HAVE ALL AUTHORITY.
Whether the AUTHORITY WAS
GIVEN OR NOT, HE still has IT
since you agree that The Father has not collected the Authority.
Answer my questions and don't boycott it,
-ONLY GOD has ALL
AUTHORITY, true or false?
-DOES Jesus HAVE ALL
AUTHORITY?
-How many people do you
have in heaven HAVING ALL
AUTHORITY?

Q1: false, only God has supreme authority . He gave all authority to his son . (check explanation below )

Q2: yep, he was giving
Q3: just one .

Jesus has been giving all authority by the father, but jesus is still subjected to that one that gave him all authority . Therefore jesus is not the supreme being , the father is .
Jesus is thus not the almighty God as he (even as he is in heaven) has a superior , a God , who is the father.
The god I and jesus worship is the almighty God .

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by dolphinheart(m): 2:06am On Sep 07, 2015
Emusan:

See another excuse, was my points only on the ORGANIZATION?

At least I still said something about the thread. I know you're looking for a way out here and all the roads have been blocked.

So answer my point and don't boycott the part of the organization BECAUSE YOU ACCUSED ME OF HATING THE ORGANIZATION OR ME NEVER SAID ANY GOOD THING ABOUT THEM here on this thread. So prove me wrong with what I said about them (Pastor Russell and his follower did TEACH THE WORSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST BASED ON SCRIPTURE, true or false?). Then people can see your allegation as fact here.

You said something about the thread, let's focus on that and treat the "abo wa ba" part.
I wonder where I said you "hate" the organization . Really wonder.

I asked you if there is anything good about the organization and if you can mention it , but you sha want to talk about the organization without answering me.

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by dolphinheart(m): 2:19am On Sep 07, 2015
Jehovah’s Witnesses are a
Christian denomination whose
followers comply with strict
doctrines rejecting political
participation and national
governments and refusing to
serve in the military. The Nazis
found Jehovah’s Witnesses’
pacifism, rejection of nationalism, and adherence to an internationalist doctrine a
challenge to their demands for
fanatical loyalty to the German
state.
On 1 April 1935 the Nazis made
it illegal to be a Jehovah’s
Witness. Thousands were
imprisoned or murdered for their refusal to swear allegiance to the Nazi regime or to participate in military combat. Jehovah’s Witnesses faced an impossible decision. They could only secure their own release by renouncing
their faith. Most refused and
faced continued imprisonment or execution.
Approximately 2,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses were murdered under the Nazi regime, 250 of whom were executed for refusing to
take part in armed conflict.

http://hmd.org.uk/genocides/jehovah’s-witnesses

That war would not have happened and if it did uccor , not in that scale if most people have acted the way the jehovahs witnesses have acted .
Most people who believe jesus is God participated in that war that killed millions upon millions in ways unimaginable .

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 4:36am On Sep 07, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol

Rev 3:9 King James Bible
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, Which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

From the above , Even Jesus followers are worshipped ! grin

Let them continue in delusion : John 4:23 said it all

JMAN05:

Frankly, I pity for these people having ones been among them. How I wish they ll just open there mind and see reasons.

Of course those who say they are Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, don't believe the Bible verse posted.

Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

And no wonder those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses but do lie don't believe the verse, because the verse is about them, Jews were the believers of that day, some said they were Jews but were in fact the synagogue of satan
today the verse is talking about those who say they are Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, they are the church of satan
and God will have them come and worship at the feet of Christians, perhaps just before being thrown into the Lake of Fire
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Emusan(m): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2015
dolphinheart:
You said something about the thread, let's focus on that and treat the "abo wa ba" part.

Since I said something about the thread so no answer to what I said, right?

I wonder where I said you "hate" the organization . Really wonder.

[quote]I asked you if there is anything good about the organization and if you can mention it , but you sha want to talk about the organization without answering me.

When you said everyone knows HOW I FEEL about the organization is it love or hate everyone knows I feel about them?

You just single out this now but your previous statement is more than just seeing anything about the organization.

And I've done justice to that.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by dolphinheart(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2015
Emusan:

Since I said something about the thread so no answer to what I said, right?
Pls treat the abo wa ba part so we can continue our bible based discussion .
if you feel the organization does nothing good. Say it . If you feel they do something good, let's hear the good things.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Emusan(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2015
I may soon stop replying you because I hate HYPOCRITE.

dolphinheart:
So I'm right to say those words where were never used in the scriptures.
When we use words in our explanations that have different meaning to one used in the scriptures , it creates confusion.
Now to anointed christians :
Jesus footstep followers who have been spirit begotten and anointed with holy spirit can be spoken of as anointed ones.

"Now he which stablisheth us
with you in Christ, and hath
anointed us, is God;- 2Co 1:21

This ones("us"wink are annointed
This "us" are christians
Thus I can say those people being reffered to in that verse are " annointed Christians".

"But the anointing which ye
have received of him abideth
in you, and ye need not that
any man teach you: but as the
same anointing teacheth you
of all things, and is truth, and is. no lie, and even as it hath
taught you, ye shall abide in
him." -1Jo 2:27

[size=14pt]So I can personaly explain that those who where Anointed where also called christians and can thus be called "anointed christians " by me.[/size]
Bet you hear when some people say "touch not my anointed " when reffering to their church leaders . Are the church leaders not christians?

See the reason why I said I HATE HYPOCRITE, you accuse me of USING the word that was not used DIRECTLY in the scripture, now I challenge you to give use where the word ANNOINTED CHRISTIANS was DIRECTLY used in the scripture but what we got is [b]BRINGING MANY VERSES to prove it.

Now @bold-You have to PERSONALLY explained and AGREE WITH THE USE OF ANNOINTED CHRISTIANS not that the word as you used it CAN BE FOUND the scripture. This is HYPOCRITE in its highest form.

This you can't do with "took on flesh" as the meaning of "took on flesh" is different from "became flesh".

How do you know I can't, when you first attack strawman with false accusation and later asking me to explain myself.

This is how an hypocrite behaves, when you first saw the word TOOK ON FLESH your own is to ask "can you explain what you mean by TOOK ON FLESH?" Then if I fail to do so, you can then spew all the thrash you've been saying since.

I never claimed that my word was used DIRECTLY IN THE SCRIPTURE nor I can't explain what I mean by TOOK ON FLESH.

If something like this repeat itself I won't reply you any more because if I do I might say what I shouldn't have said.

I did not hammer on need of direct bible quotation, I only wanted to use that question to get things straight , so that others would not have use words that have a different meaning in explaining.
The word u used have different meaning from "became flesh", so I had to first made it clear that the words "took on flesh" is not in the scriptures.

Again, did I say MY USE OF TOOK ON FLESH was based on John 1:14 I see this as pure nonsense I've repeated myself many time that my use of that WORD WAS NOT ON ANY SCRIPTURE but just to EXPLAIN (which you did in above) how Jesus was not part of CREATION.

In fact you keep boiling my anger.
Like I said, the reason why you're doing this is because you've wrongfully thought I TWISTED John 1:14 with that my statement, which you're totally missed it now you're trying to justify your wrong THOUGHT by bringing up baseless point.

The issue on exact bible words are not to make you look wrong, but to clear [size=14pt]some bible phrases[/size] and let us know that the words we use, even though it is not present in the scriptures, It must has direct meaning with the ones used in the scritures and also tells the same thing as the scriptures is telling us.

@bold-The ANNOINTED CHRISTIANS you used it is bible phrase or how people come with about it?
Who took you that TOOK ON FLESH doesn't have a direct meaning as being used in the scripture?
Did you ask me to explain what I mean by that before you start your HYPOCRITICAL behavior?

I need it, it will help me to understand you better so can you post it again and tell us how the word became flesh?

It's what they call using medicine after death, you should've come low like this in your first post but since you have to find a way to cover up how you wrongfully READ MY MIND at first it has lead you to this now.

Good, I now understand that you where explaining how "jesus was not part of creation before his life on earth".
Can you now explain what the scripture meant by the "word became flesh"?

I did not ask you jesus nature before coming to earth .

You said : jesus came to earth not with his flesh?

I asked : so what did jesus come to earth with?

You said : with his divine nature.

That's y I said : So Jesus came to earth with his divine nature and no longer took the form of men again?

Cus john 1:14 says - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of
the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
The bible also explains that jesus completely "emptied himself and took the form of men"
To me this explains that jesus came to earth not with a divine nature, but as flesh . This is why there was an actual conception in the womb of Mary.

Thank you for quoting this scripture which boldly shows how hypocritical you are! The verse says "...TOOK THE FORM OF MEN does this relate with my previous word TOOK ON FLESH?

Yet you will accusing someone of CUTTING part.
Did you read the full part that says Jesus emptied himself
Please which version did you read that USED COMPLETELY?

Those episodes are backed up with scriptural quotes . one wonders why you refuse to comment on them .

And you have to ignore those scriptures I quoted without commenting on them but you're still wondered why I couldn't comment on your own too undecided undecided

Read 1 cor 15: 45 - 49
"So it is written: “The first
man Adam became a living
being” f ; the last Adam, a life-
giving spirit. 46 The spiritual
did not come first, but the
natural, and after that the
spiritual. 47 The first man was
of the dust of the earth; the
second man is of heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so
are those who are of the earth;
and as is the heavenly man,
so also are those who are of
heaven. 49 And just as we
have borne the image of the
earthly man, so shall we g
bear the image of the
heavenly man."

Here jesus is presently a life giving spirit, [size=14pt]not flesh.
Here , the man , heavenly man is as those who are of heaven.
[/size] Me and you both know that those who are of heaven are spirits, only spirits reside in heaven. Jehovah, jesus, the seraps, angels and demons (previously) all reside(d) in heaven , they are all spirits . No flesh and blood among them.

What concern spirit those who are in heaven with the fact presented in that scripture?
The verse says THE MAN JESUS CHRIST since you and I know that they are spirit did I Apostle Paul who called the resurrected Jesus now in heaven THE MAN didn't know either?

Can you explain the @bold part especially, "heavenly man is as those who are of heaven"?

This is why those who will go to heaven must share in the divine nature . They must be ressurected with spirit bodies to enter heaven, for flesh and blood cannot enter there.

Can they still be referred to as MAN once there in heaven?
Apostle said "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air..."
The "WE WHO ARE ALIVE" means those who have not experienced DEATH. We know that the body WILL BE CHANGE just as Jesus own was CHANGE but it's still FLESH.

This is why they will be among the first resurrection.
Jesus, the first to be ressurected in such manner (firstfruit) will be followed by others who will be ressurected in such manner too. For why call jesus firstfruit if there are no others ressurected in such manner.

There's no one ever DIED and came back with HIS/HER BODY by being CHANGE from mortality to Immortality this is why Jesus was the first fruit to resurrected in such manner.

New American Standard
Bible
"Yet He has now reconciled
you in His fleshly body through
death, in order to present you
before Him holy and
blameless and beyond
reproach--" Col 1 :22

New American Standard Bible John 1:1 says "...and the word was God". Do you agree?
I've noticed anytime it suit You to use other version You do but discard the same version when it's being used in another place.

Whereas what I challenged you for is FLESHLY BODIES (Plural) which is after RESURRECTION. Mr oga.

you forgot where I said angels have the power to materialise fleshly bodies. They Can also dematerialise those bodies. Remember, angels impregnated women during noah time.
The body jesus materialised was not the same that was sacrificed , he appears and dissapears at will,even when the doors where locked, something he did only after his ressurection.
He did not contradict Hebrews, no fleshly body was offered twice.

Remember what If Angels actual materialized human FLESH and married then DEMATERIALIZED THEIR HUMAN FLESH again that means many heavenly being have been given up their flesh before Christ did.

I can't stop laughing sha, but the ONE HE MATERIALIZED is HUMAN FLESH also, and your organization's claim was that the BODY OF JESUS WENT INTO GAS (which does mean DISPOSED OFF). So if Jesus materialized in Human FLESH and then disposed those so what happened to HIS FIRST BODY is still the same THAT HAPPENED TO THE ONE HE MATERIALIZED WITH MANY TIME.

No, the issue is " raised in the spirit" .
John did not say he was "raised in the spirit".
Dnt cut part of the sentence off.

Jesus died and you believed because the verse says RAISED IN THE SPIRIT means He was resurrected AS A SPIRIT notice grammatical change in that statement "IN THE" to "AS A". Then I said John who did not die but WAS IN THE SPIRIT means he change to A SPIRIT do you agree?

It is not used in the bible, the sentence can be explained using the bible . Now can you tell why Jesus is the firstfruit in relation to those ressurected.?

NOTE: Thank God you agree that IT'S NOT USED IN THE BIBLE BUT CAN BE EXPLAIN USING THE BIBLE, then the phrases "TOOK ON FLESH" did I say it can't be explain using the Bible? Mr hypocrite!

[hr /]
From here I have to start doing copy and paste, if such thing repeats itself I won't reply that part again.
[hr /]
I did not dodge ur questions, in fact I used the scriptures to explain my view .
I, like Jesus believe that the father is the only father we have in heaven. You can believe we have more than one father, you can take as many fathers in heaven as you want . But I follow Jesus teaching , the father, his father in heaven is our only father, he is the only one we should call father, he is the only true God.
When you accept what Jesus said, about the one we should call father. Then we will move on to other aspect like why Jesus will be called everlasting father.

You didn't dodge it yet you couldn't answer my questions?
So Prophet Isaiah was wrong to say He will be called EVERLASTING FATHER, right?
Has Jesus stop been an EVERLASTING FATHER simple?
Have you called Him EVERLASTING FATHER for once?

Definition of the word "incidentally " as used as part of my statement :
incidentally - /ɪnsɪˈdɛnt(ə)li/

used to add a further comment
or a remark unconnected to the current subject; by the way.

UNCONNECTED TO THE CURRENT SUBJECT...
Anyway, that's your own cup of beans.

Those verses are simple and clear, it tells me who my God is it tells me that there are many Gods, but from those many Gods only one of them is my God , my God is the father, he is the only God . Me and you agree that Jesus is not the father. I worship my God, I worship the father

I've always and will continue to tell you , do not cut part of a statement off. That method is used by those who want to give a different meaning from what the original statement is trying to tell us.
One phrase is with "of" and "in" while the other phrase is with "by". They are different phrases and not totally composed with the same words.

In the voice of Adam Clarke "Verse 6. But to us there is but one God, the Father] Who produced all things, himself uncreated and unoriginated. And we in him, kai hmeiv eiv auton, and we FOR him; all intelligent beings having been created for the purpose of manifesting his glory, by receiving and reflecting his wisdom, goodness, and truth.

And one Lord Jesus] Only one visible Governor of the world and the Church, by whom are all things: who was the Creator, as he is the Upholder of the universe. And we by him, being brought to the knowledge of the true God, by the revelation of Jesus Christ; for it is the only begotten Son alone that can reveal the Father. The gods of whom the apostle speaks were their divinities, or objects of religious worship; the lords were the rulers of the world, such emperors, who were considered next to gods, and some of them were deified. [size=14pt]In opposition to those gods he places GOD the Father, the fountain of plenitude and being; and in opposition to the lords he places Jesus Christ,[/size] who made and who governs all things. We, as creatures, live in reference, eiv auton, to him, God the Father, who is the fountain of our being: and, as Christians, we live di autou, by or through him, Jesus Christ; by whom we are bought, enlightened, pardoned, and saved."
I don't need to waste my energy here but only if you can grab the point.

I did not say you said it. I'm of the view that you typed "answered " to affirm my view on the question . If my view is wrong , then pls tell us ur view on the question I asked before you typed "answered".

But why didn't you ADD in MY OWN VIEW to post so that people can see that you're the one who drawn the conclusion by yourself not me?
Not only wrong but it entails false statements.
For the last time, I've said before the Father is SUPERIOR to the Son. I don't know your problem again.

I ask a question , not asked for a point .
apart from authority , is there any other aspect in which the father is superior to the son, for example, knowledge and power? The answer to that question is important.

Honestly, I don't know why simple English is so hard for you to comprehend.
Any open-minded person reading my post knew that I've answered your question but the problem you're having with simple English is the one causing this problem for you.

Jesus is the POWER OF GOD how can God superior to His own power?
The man Jesus as Bible says that the act of Creation was done through Him, the same Bible says THROUGH KNOWLEDGE which means Jesus is the knowledge of God, can God superior to His own knowledge?

1st Q: no
2nd Q : when he began fufilling the reason he will caller everlasting father .
3rd Q: only one .

Now answer mine, why are those going to heaven called Jesus brothers, can we ever day the father has brothers?.

You agree Jesus has not STOPPED to be called EVERLASTING FATHER.
Your second answer, do you mean He has not started fulfilling the reason? The same verse is where JWs derived MIGHTY GOD. You can called Jesus Mighty God now but you believe He has not started to fulfill the reason to be called EVERLASTING FATHER. shocked shocked shocked
Which one, Jesus or the Father? Since both are EVERLASTING FATHER and now in heaven.

When you quote the words in full as said in the bible, you will understand . Stop this cut cut thing you are doing .

Which words did I cut here?
It's very simple, you HONOUR FATHER in what ever way seems good to you but the fact from that scripture is which ever way you honour the Father (let conscience convince you) THE SON SAYS HONOUR HIM THE SAME WAY.

I do not twist words , that translation where you find "absolute ", he made it in reference with the authority to to judge,the verse also did not mention heaven and earth .
The verse that mentions heaven and earth when talking about the authority giving to Jesus after his ressurection did not say "absolute" . If I'm wrong , pls quote it and let's see if this is my personal twist or i said it as the verses said it .

Imaging YOU HAVE COME WITH ANOTHER LIE, "the verse that mentions heaven and earth when talking about the authority giving to Jesus after his resurection didn't say ABSOLUTE."
Then I asked you which you have been dodging since, what is the DIFFERENT BETWEEN Absolute and ALL?
Was the translation you used wrong by using the word ABSOLUTE?

The next ridiculous statement now is that the Father is the only one having SUPREME Authority the Son only has ALL Authority.

Jesus will forgive you all these things you're denying Him sha.

Q1: false, only God has supreme authority . He gave all authority to his son . (check explanation below )

Q2: yep, he was giving
Q3: just one .

Jesus has been giving all authority by the father, but Jesus is still subjected to that one that gave him all authority . Therefore Jesus is not the supreme being , the father is .
Jesus is thus not the almighty God as he (even as he is in heaven) has a superior , a God , who is the father.
The god I and Jesus worship is the almighty God.

Please where is the scripture the WORD SUPREME AUTHORITY can be found? Mr. first class hypocrite.
This is evident that you can go to any length just to use your mouth deny Jesus all what make Him equal to the Father.

ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY belong to God and since Jesus HAS ALL AUTHORITY AND HE IS THE POWER OF GOD. It's evident that He is God Almighty.

*He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!*
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by Emusan(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2015
dolphinheart:
Pls treat the abo wa ba part so we can continue our bible based discussion.

This is the point, before I address that. You also address the part that deals with this thread or didn't I raise some points there? habaaa

if you feel the organization does nothing good. Say it .
If you feel they do something good, let's hear the good things.

NOTHING GOOD (Singular) but GOOD THINGS (Plural)
You don't want to hear the lie only the good things but na lie you must hear it.
I have done so, now what do you have to say? I repeat (Pastor Russell and his follower did TEACH THE WORSHIP OF Jesus CHRIST BASED ON SCRIPTURE, true or false?).

About good thing, their lies help me know more about scriptures and the organization.
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 1:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Psa 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

The heavens were made by the Word of the lord-Jesus Christ

and all the host of the heavens were made by the breath(Spirit) of his mouth

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

God is Spirit, the Word-Jesus Christ is God's Spirit, the Word-Jesus Christ is God, just as the scriptures say
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 1:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Born again believers have the Holy Spirit of God,
they are not God, they have the Spirit of God living inside them.

The Word of God-Jesus Christ does not just have God's Spirit living inside Him, but is that Spirit of God

The Word made everything that was made --John 1
The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters --Genesis 1

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

The Word-Jesus Christ made everything that was made, and the Word was God

And God said, let their be light
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 1:57am On Sep 08, 2015
[size=14pt]Essential Doctrines of Christianity[/size]

by Matt Slick

The Bible itself reveals those doctrines that are essential to the Christian faith. They are 1) the Deity of Christ, 2) Salvation by Grace, 3) Resurrection of Christ, 4) the gospel, and 5) monotheism. These are the doctrines the Bible says are necessary. Though there are many other important doctrines, these five are the ones that are declared by Scripture to be essential (I call them primary essentials since the Bible declares them as essential). A non-regenerate person (i.e., Mormon or Jehovah's Witness, atheist, Muslim), will deny one or more of these essential doctrines. Please note that there are other derivative doctrines of Scripture that become necessary also and the Trinity being one.

Continue https://carm.org/essential-doctrines-of-christianity
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by dolphinheart(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
May jehovah continue to guide me as I try my best to reply you, primarily not because of you but because of numerous humble ones reading this thread .
You might want to turn the discussion to argument, but I hope my non abusive and non derogatory words will make you understand me .
Emusan:
See the reason why I said I HATE HYPOCRITE, you
accuse me of USING the word
that was not used DIRECTLY in
the scripture, now I challenge
you to give use where the
word ANNOINTED
CHRISTIANS was DIRECTLY
used in the scripture but what
we got is [b]BRINGING MANY
VERSES to prove it.

Like I said in before, ill say it again , the question posed to you is done to ascertain the truth as to the words you used , if it is from the bible or not and if it conforms/ have same meaning with the words in the bible. You asked Me the same question in ur previous post and you and everyone can see how i answered you . I told you those words where my explanation and added scriptures to show you why those words where appropriate as it conforms with what the scripture says.

I started by asking you two questions:
Do you have any verse(s) that
supports the statements:
(a)"took on flesh"
(b)became part of creation?

A simple answer to state that "they are my views but this are the scriptural basis for my views" with the scriptures then provided would have solved it .but you did not do that, you just went on to state this :
"Attacking strawman, @bold how can view/understanding of verse be found in the scripture?
When you yourself did the
same below."

This is why I said I'm right to say that those words you used where not in the bible and where just ur own words. This is said so that others learning from our disscusion will know the truth.

Up till now you have not provided scriptural support for ur views. You can still do so if you still wish to do so .

I then asked you the next question : what do you understand by "word became flesh"?

You say
he took a share in humanity

Thus I asked you to give us more understanding on what you mean by "took a share in humanity".
This was asked so that i and others can have a better understanding of ur view and relate it with " the word became flesh"

This you have not answered also, but can if you still want to answer it .

Now @bold-You have to
PERSONALLY explained and
AGREE WITH THE USE OF
ANNOINTED CHRISTIANS not
that the word as you used it
CAN BE FOUND the scripture.
This is HYPOCRITE in its
highest form.

I personaly explained using the scriptures to back my explanation, did I not?. Pls use the scriptures to back up ur views as asked above and let's leave this up and down argument pls.

How do you know I can't, when you first attack strawman with false accusation and later asking me to explain myself.
This is how an hypocrite
behaves, when you first saw
the word TOOK ON FLESH
your own is to ask "can you
explain what you mean by
TOOK ON FLESH?" Then if I
fail to do so, you can then spew all the thrash you've been saying since.
I never claimed that my word
was used DIRECTLY IN THE
SCRIPTURE nor I can't explain
what I mean by TOOK ON
FLESH.
If something like this repeat
itself I won't reply you any more because if I do I might say whatI shouldn't have said.

If you feel I've accused you wrongly , Jo ma binu, but pls can you now explain ur view using the scriptures.?

Again, did I say MY USE OF TOOK ON FLESH was based on John 1:14 I see this as pure nonsense I've repeated
myself many time that my use
of that WORD WAS NOT ON
ANY SCRIPTURE but just to
EXPLAIN (which you did in
above) how Jesus was not part
of CREATION.
In fact you keep boiling my
anger.
Like I said, the reason why
you're doing this is because
you've wrongfully thought I
TWISTED John 1:14 with that
my statement, which you're
totally missed it now you're
trying to justify your wrong
THOUGHT by bringing up
baseless point.

No vex Bro, now I understand that "the took on flesh" was not on any scripture .

@bold-The ANNOINTED
CHRISTIANS you used it is
bible phrase or how people
come with about it?
Who took you that TOOK ON
FLESH doesn't have a direct
meaning as being used in the
scripture?
Did you ask me to explain what
I mean by that before you start
your HYPOCRITICAL
behavior?

I believe I explained how I came about that sentence with the use of the scriptures . are there christians? Are some of these christians anointed ? Can we thus call them anointed christians?

It's what they call using
medicine after death, you
should've come low like this in
your first post but since you
have to find a way to cover up
how you wrongfully READ MY
MIND at first it has lead you to
this now.

Ok , no problem if you wunt tell me ur view on " the word became flesh "

Thank you for quoting this scripture which boldly shows how hypocritical you are! The verse says "...TOOK THE FORM OF MEN does this relate with my previous word TOOK ON FLESH?
Yet you will accusing someone
of CUTTING part.
Did you read the full part that
says Jesus emptied himself
Please which version did you
read that USED COMPLETELY?

Thank you for thanking me, but fact is you did not quote the scripture to support your views , if you feel the scripture is the bases for ur views , pls quote it and let's see, quote where you see "took the form of men "
And also "how did jesus come to earth with his divine nature"?

You cut part of a sentence.
I did not quote Phil 2: 7 . I said "the bible explains that Jesus completely "emptied himself and took the form of men".
If I where you , I would have asked me to explain using the scriptures why I said the word above as other words are present in my sentence and not present in the verse. I added the word "completely to my sentence to show you that I view the next word(s) to it (emptied) as a complete action , not half done, that jesus changed his nature completely and did not have any divine nature when coming to earth , but came to earth with the nature of a servant , flesh.
Phil 2:7- rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

What's ur view on the verse above?

And you have to ignore those scriptures I quoted without commenting on them but you're still wondered why I
couldn't comment on your
own too

Thus I leave others to examine the scriptures we both posted and decide for themselves. But ill leave you with this, jesus had a slaves form/nature(flesh form/nature) and u expect him to take that form back to heaven? naaaaaa!. He was given the glory he had before he came to earth, in a glorious spirit body.

What concern spirit those who are in heaven with the fact presented in that scripture?

I do not understand ur question , pls rephrase

The verse says THE MAN Jesus CHRIST since you and I know that they are spirit did I Apostle Paul who called the resurrected Jesus now in
heaven THE MAN didn't know
either?
The verses says :" the last adam, became a life giving spirit"

It then goes on to say :"The first man was of the dust of the earth;" ( this signifies that adam was made from the ground, he is flesh ) "the second man is of heaven". (this signifies that as at the moment this verse was written, jesus is not flesh).
It goes on to say.: And just as we have borne the image of the
earthly man, so shall we go
bear the image of the
heavenly man."
( this explains that while christians bear a fleshly body while on earth, they will not bear that body in heaven , they will have a spirit body . )

To butress the point above, an incident in the scriptures will be told below.

Jesus was asked an issue about marriage after ressurection and it ended with the question : " in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Jesus answered: " Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Jesus said those to be ressurected in heaven will be as the angels. I leave it to you to now tell me what angels are, spirits or flesh.?

[qoute]Can you explain the @bold part especially, "heavenly man is as
those who are of heaven"?[/quote]

First man, earthly man > adam

Last man, heavenly man > jesus

Jesus is as those who are of heaven , he is a spirit, with a body just like other spirit creatures in heaven.

Can they still be referred to as MAN once there in heaven?

I believe you read the word "heavenly man" as used in the verse.
Like I said and ill quote in full here. "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust".- 2 peter 1:4
Now what is the divine nature, and how are humans going to partake in it ?

Apostle said "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air..."
The "WE WHO ARE ALIVE"
means those who have not
experienced DEATH. We know
that the body WILL BE
CHANGE just as Jesus own
was CHANGE but it's still
FLESH.

You urself said jesus flesh was ressurected, not that ressurected flesh got changed right ?. So me where it says jesus flesh Got changed .
Do you thing there is food and oxygen in heaven to sustain the human fleshly body . The flesh comes from the earth and will stay with the earth . No physical thing can go where the non physical things are.

1 Thessalonians 4:17

Will these people not die?

Romans 6:3-5
1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44,

So they must die before they can gain heavenly life. But there is no need for them to remain in the death state awaiting Christ’s return. They will instantly be “caught up,” “in the twinkling of an eye,” to be with the Lord.
1 Cor. 15:51, 52,-

Remember what paul said : I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
If you still feel flesh and blood go to heaven, then explain what this verse mean.

There's no one ever DIED and came back with HIS/HER BODY by being CHANGE from mortality to Immortality this is why Jesus was the first fruit to resurrected in such manner.

Sir did you not read that the last adam "became a life giving spirit !" ?
Is jesus not the last adam again?

He was a spirit before coming to earth, he emptied that nature and became flesh , after sacrificing that fleshly body he was raised up with a spirit body, a live giving spirit , the first of those ressurected in such manner .

New American Standard Bible
John 1:1 says "...and the word
was God". Do you agree?
I've noticed anytime it suit You
to use other version You do but discard the same version when it's being used in another place.
Whereas what I challenged
you for is FLESHLY BODIES
(Plural) which is after
RESURRECTION. Mr oga.

u sha want to argue , u see the word "fleshly body" as used by a translation , you accuse me of using translations as it suits me. U see the word "fleshly body" , you are looking for the plural .

Remember what If Angels actual materialized human FLESH and married then DEMATERIALIZED THEIR
HUMAN FLESH again that
means many heavenly being
have been given up their flesh
before Christ did.

They did not give it up , they can use it whenever it is neccessary.

I can't stop laughing sha, but the ONE HE MATERIALIZED is HUMAN FLESH also, and your organization's claim was that
the BODY OF Jesus WENT
INTO GAS (which does mean
DISPOSED OFF). So if Jesus
materialized in Human FLESH
and then disposed those so
what happened to HIS FIRST
BODY is still the same THAT
HAPPENED TO THE ONE HE
MATERIALIZED WITH MANY
TIME.

Ill like you to answer these questions.
Did jesus materialize the body that he sacrificed?
Can angels materialise physical bodies for themselves ?
Is this same materialised body by the angels same as the one jesus sacrificed ?

Jesus died and you believed because the verse says RAISED IN THE SPIRIT means He was resurrected AS A SPIRIT notice grammatical
change in that statement "IN
THE" to "AS A". Then I said
John who did not die but WAS
IN THE SPIRIT means he
change to A SPIRIT do you
agree?[quote]
If you believe john changed into a spirit , that is ur believe, not mine . The verse says " raised in the spirit "
[quote]NOTE: Thank God you agree that IT'S NOT USED IN THE BIBLE BUT CAN BE EXPLAIN USING THE BIBLE, then the phrases "TOOK ON FLESH" did I say it can't be explain using the Bible? Mr hypocrite!
[hr /]
From here I have to start doing
copy and paste, if such thing
repeats itself I won't reply that
part again.
[hr /]
[quote]You didn't dodge it yet you couldn't answer my questions?
So Prophet Isaiah was wrong to say He will be called
EVERLASTING FATHER, right?
Has Jesus stop been an
EVERLASTING FATHER
simple?
Have you called Him
EVERLASTING FATHER for
once?

Pls address the issue on who jesus says we should call father

UNCONNECTED TO THE CURRENT SUBJECT...
Anyway, that's your own cup of beans.

You are the one who raised it up, you even asked me a question on it.

Don't use someone else voice.
Use the bible
1 cor 8:6
But to us(including me) there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Two persons , (but one is my God and he is the father)
Two positions , two different Phrases ascribed to them .
My God is the father, he is the supreme being , the almighty , there is no other almighty beside him.

But why didn't you ADD in MY OWN VIEW to post so that people can see that you're the one who drawn the conclusion by yourself not me?
Not only wrong but it entails
false statements.
For the last time, I've said
before the Father is SUPERIOR
to the Son. I don't know your
problem again.

Haba, but I just told you that if my view of ur statement "answered is wrong, pls post what you mean by "answered," argument no suppose dey this one again.

Honestly, I don't know why simple English is so hard for you to comprehend.
Any open-minded person
reading my post knew that I've
answered your question but the problem you're having with
simple English is the one
causing this problem for you.
Jesus is the POWER OF GOD
how can God superior to His
own power?
The man Jesus as Bible says
that the act of Creation was
done through Him, the same
Bible says THROUGH
KNOWLEDGE which means
Jesus is the knowledge of God, can God superior to His own knowledge?

If you say jesus is equal to God in power, why did he say these
"As thou hast given him power
over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him."
If jesus is the knowledge of God, why did he not know about when the end will come? Why did is he learning from the father.

Rightly the apostle could speak of Jesus as “the power of God and the wisdom of God.”— 1Co 1:24.

Jesus proved to be the long-
awaited Messiah, Jehovah’s
Anointed One, foretold to
manifest the ‘spirit of
mightiness.’

"1 And there shall come forth a
rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3 And shall make him of quick
understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and
faithfulness the girdle of his reins.- Isa 11:1-5)
As such, it could be expected that he would have powerful
testimony to support that fact.
( Mic 5:2-5;, Joh 7:31.)
Already by means of Jesus’ birth from a virgin Jewess, God had begun testifying on his Son’s behalf. ( Lu 1:35-37)And this perfect descendant of David would be the heir to an everlasting Kingdom.— Lu 1:31-33.
Jesus’ anointing by God’s spirit was accompanied by divine power.
" How God anointed Jesus of
Nazareth with the Holy Ghost
and with power: who went
about doing good, and healing
all that were oppressed of the
devil; for God was with him.- Ac 10:38.
Read Luke 24:19; John6:14

Jesus constantly acknowledged God as the
Source of his powerful works.
John 5:19, 26; John 7:28, 29; John9:3, 4; John 14:10
Honest persons recognized “the majestic power of God” manifested through him.
Luke 9:43; Luke 19:37; John 3:2; John 9:28-33; Luke 1:68;
Luke 7:16
You can see why jesus is called power of God and still he recieves power from from .
I wonder why you say jesus is God , and he is the power of God at the same time .

You agree Jesus has not STOPPED to be called
EVERLASTING FATHER.
Your second answer, do you
mean He has not started
fulfilling the reason? The same
verse is where JWs derived
MIGHTY GOD. You can called
Jesus Mighty God now but you
believe He has not started to
fulfill the reason to be called
EVERLASTING FATHER.
Which one, Jesus or the
Father? Since both are
EVERLASTING FATHER and
now in heaven.

You asked questions, I answered , then I asked mine, pls answer before you ask further questions.

Which words did I cut here? It's very simple, you HONOUR FATHER in what ever way seems good to you but the fact from that scripture is which ever way you honour the
Father (let conscience
convince you) THE SON
SAYS HONOUR HIM THE
SAME WAY.

Quote the scriptures the way it is quoted in the scriptures.

Imaging YOU HAVE COME WITH ANOTHER LIE, "the verse that mentions heaven and earth when talking about the authority giving to Jesus after his resurection didn't say ABSOLUTE."
Then I asked you which you
have been dodging since, what
is the DIFFERENT BETWEEN
Absolute and ALL?

If I'm wrong , quote the scriptures to prove me wrong , and let's see if there is absolute in any translation that talked about the authority giving to jesus after ressurection .

Was the translation you used wrong by using the word
ABSOLUTE?
Dnt know, do u know ?.

The next ridiculous statement now is that the Father is the only one having SUPREME Authority the Son only has ALL Authority.
Jesus will forgive you all these
things you're denying Him sha.
Please where is the scripture
the WORD SUPREME
AUTHORITY can be found? Mr.
first class hypocrite.
This is evident that you can go
to any length just to use your
mouth deny Jesus all what
make Him equal to the Father.
ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY
belong to God and since Jesus
HAS ALL AUTHORITY AND HE
IS THE POWER OF GOD. It's
evident that He is God Almighty.
*He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come,
Lord Jesus!*

The answer to these question will solve this: is jesus, as he is in heaven now, still subjected to the one who gave him all authority ?
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 12:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
have gone to great lengths to try and show that our Lord and Savious
Jesus Christ should not be worshipped
They are the church of satan
they are the pharacees of old.

Heb_1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Our Father said all His Angels were to worship Him
and all Christians worship our Lord and Savious Jesus Christ

But not those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
they don't worship the Saviour of the world
In changing what the scriptures say
they are worshipping not the Saviour of this world, but they are worshipping the god of this world (satan).
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by pagoda1(m): 1:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Christ is the Creator of all. 'for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Col1:16-17. The Creator deserves our worship. Even in the days of His flesh, he never rejected worship unlike the angels and could forgive sins which is the 'exclusive' right of the Father. Mortals should be very careful in belittling the Son at the expense of the Father and vice versa and  'that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him'. John 5:23. 'Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow (worship), of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father'. Phill2:10-11

In summary, the Father is glorified when the Son is worshipped.

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2015
Jesus Christ should be worshipped because He is God
apart from scriptures showing He is to be worshipped

The Deity of Christ

Jesus is God in flesh (John 8:58 with Exodus 3:14). See also John 1:1, 14, 10:30-33, 20:28, Col. 2:9, Phil. 2:5-8, Heb. 1:8
1 John 4:2-3: "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."
The above verse needs to be cross-referenced with John 1:1, 14 (also written by John) where he states that the Word was God and the Word became flesh.
1 John 4:2-3 is saying that if you deny that Jesus is God in flesh, then you are of the spirit of Antichrist.

https://carm.org/essential-doctrines-of-christianity
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2015
continue from above

John 8:24, "I said, therefore, to you, that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins."
Jesus said that if you do not believe "that I am," you will die in your sins. In Greek, I am is 'ego eimi,' which means ‘I am.' These are the same words used in John 8:58 where Jesus says " . . . before Abraham was, I am." He was claiming the divine title by quoting Exodus 3:14.
The Greek Septuagint is the Hebrew Old Testament translated into Greek and done by Jews around 250 B.C. They translated Exodus 3:14 as 'ego eimi' "I AM".

Jesus is the proper object of faith

It is not simply enough to have faith. Faith is only as valid as the person in whom you put it. You must put your faith in the proper person. Cults have false objects of faith (false gods), therefore, their faith is useless--no matter how sincere they are.
If you put your faith in a guru, a philosopher, or a past teacher (and not Jesus) to save you from your sins on Judgment Day, then you will be in a lot of trouble no matter how sincere or strong your faith is. You might have great faith but so what? Faith in something false has the same effect as no faith at all.

The Doctrine of the deity of Christ includes:

The Trinity--There is one God who exists in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are all coeternal and of the same nature.
Monotheism--There is only one God in all existence (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 8, 45:5, 14, 18, 21, 22, 46:9, 47:8. Mormons believe that many gods exist though they serve and worship only one. Therefore, they are polytheists which excludes them from the camp of Christianity.

The Hypostatic Union--That Jesus is both God and man.

The sufficiency of the sacrifice of Christ--The sacrifice of Christ is completely sufficient to pay for the sins of the world, and it is only through Jesus' sacrifice that anyone can be saved.
As God--Only a perfect sacrifice to God is able to cleanse us from our sins. This is why Jesus, who is God in flesh, died for us.
He had to die for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). Only God could do that.
As man--Jesus must be man to be able to be a sacrifice for man.
As a man, He can be the mediator between God and man (1 Tim. 2:5).

This means that the Jehovah's Witnesses, The Way International, Islam, etc., are outside of Christianity.

https://carm.org/essential-doctrines-of-christianity
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
johnw74:

Heb_1:6 And again, WHEN he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Our Father said all His Angels were to worship Him
and all Christians worship our Lord and Savious Jesus Christ

Who is the FIRST begotten?

Why is he called such?

Who gave the command for the first begotten to be worshipped?

Who are those specificed to do the worshipping?

At what point in time was that command issued?

If Jesus was the God of the Angels, why would they need to be commanded first (by someone else mind you) before they are to worship Jesus- Just like unbelievers will be commanded to worship saints @ Revelation?

Show me where humans are commanded to worship Jesus?
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 1:06am On Sep 10, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Who is the FIRST begotten?

Why is he called such?

Who gave the command for the first begotten to be worshipped?

Who are those specificed to do the worshipping?

At what point in time was that command issued?

If Jesus was the God of the Angels, why would they need to be commanded first (by someone else mind you) before they are to worship Jesus- Just like unbelievers will be commanded to worship saints @ Revelation?

Show me where humans are commanded to worship Jesus?

If you read the Bible with no pre conceived-pre taught ideas, then you would know the answers to all those things
but I don't believe it's possible for you to do that, satan has his church firmly in his grip
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? by johnw74: 1:22am On Sep 10, 2015
[size=14pt]1 Chron. 29:20, is Jesus worshipped the same way David was?[/size]

worship greekThe Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus is a created being and is not worthy of worship. Christians counter that Jesus is worshipped in the New Testament and cite verses such as Matt. 2:2, 11, 14:33, 28:9, John 9:35-38, and Heb. 1:6. The Witnesses acknowledge that at times people bowed down before Jesus the same way they would to God the Father, but they deny that Jesus was worshipped. In fact, in the New World Translation produced by the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Greek word for worship, proskuneo, is always translated as "obeisance" whenever it refers to Christ but is translated as worship whenever it refers to the Father. The witnesses select which way to translate the word, proskuneo, depending on two things: who is being addressed and what their theology tells them. So, the debate continues. The Witnesses deny Jesus' deity, and the Christians rightfully proclaim it. Jesus is the second person of the Trinity.

In an attempt to prove their position, Jehovah's Witnesses sometimes quote 1 Chron. 29:20 which says in the King James, "And David said to all the congregation, now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king," (KJV). By quoting the King James, the Jehovah's Witness will try to establish that since King David was worshipped along with God, it means that David was worshipped to a lesser degree than God. Therefore, they say that it follows that Jesus can also be worshipped to a lesser degree than God in the same way that King David was, and it would not require that Jesus be divine.

First of all, 1 Chron. 29:20 obviously cannot mean that David was worshipped equally with God. This would be blasphemy. Therefore, it is best to translate the Hebrew word, shachah, as "pay homage" or "bow down" as is attested to by other translations.

"Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king," (NASB).
"Then David said to the whole assembly, "Praise the LORD your God." So they all praised the LORD, the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king," (NIV).
"Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the Lord your God." So all the assembly blessed the Lord God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and prostrated themselves before the Lord and the king," (NKJV).
"Then David said to all the assembly, "Bless the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and paid homage to the Lord and to the king," (ESV).

https://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/1-chron-2920-jesus-worshipped-same-way-david-was

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Differences Between Seeing And Entering The Kingdom Of God?. / What is the False Gospel Within Christianity Today? / Names Of Jesus Christ In Alphabetical Order

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.