Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,506 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet (88744 Views)

Odion Ighalo Wins 2015 Goal Nigeria Player Of The Year Award / Nigeria’s Ighalo Wins EPL Player Of The Month Award / Odion Ighalo Wins October’s English Premier League African Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by 247notire(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2015
ExInferis:

You cant influence probability where you have no influence on the population.

If his being a computer scientist were of any help, there would've been countless software to assist every better.

For all intents and purposes, bets and lotteries are random pure luck
Because no one can accurately predict the outcome of a football match... thrs no 100% sure bet.

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by alaposasamura(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2015
All this is promotional, 1960bet that hardly pay winnings and their agent always asking for percentage cut before they payout. Their betshops is technically dead in ikorodu and environs.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2015
chai!!! see publicity stunt....anyway sha Ambrose Alli university does not have computer engineering just computer science and their is no lecturer with that name in that dpt.

4 Likes

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by wtfCode: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Hear d manager name..mr dotun..God safe u sai na yoruba man...if to sai na igbo man...I die if u go even see 500K...ibos and 419 b like car and petrol
dude i'm wondering if u were breast fed when u were a kid, cuz u talk like ur skull is filled with air.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by famzynet: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2015
exxell:
Story..... People stop playing bets! The world is fast evolving. Go and check those that were playing pool in their back then in the 70s, 80s nd 90s! They are wearing eyeglasses going around in the village doing nothing. While their mates who never believed in quick money were busy hustling. It is this same pool that they now mordenised and took it online!

Punters and Bookies are aware that it takes only one game to spoil your ticket. Not to talk of the very fact that these bookies fix big matches which they know that people will rush to play! The chances of that man winning that ticket is that he raised an odd above 73,000.... Wow... See lies. If you know how odd 2 casts on tickets sef... Not to talk of odd 73,000! Lies from hell. This is just Cheap publicity stunt.

What this Niggas do is that once they notice that people are loosing interest in betting due to too much loss, they quickly rush to pay one mechanic to pretend that he won something like 6,000, 000! They will now pay the mechanic something like 300,000 and warn him to be forever silent. Magas and Mugus in Nigeria will now quickly rush to continue betting!

If you think am lying, why is it that in every betting centre, you only hear about a mega win once in a while? What happened to the other money people lost?

I was in a betting centre in PHC one day and the man sold tickets worth more than one million in a day! The man is my friend... One week later, I went back and he told me that only one person won 18,000 naira! My question ia now; WHAT HAPPENED TO OVER 978,000 naira? In one person's pocket right?

STOP SEEKING QUICK MONEY... WORK HARD AND BALL! BETTING DEPLETED YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME AND MAY SEND YOU PACKING TO THE VILLAGE... I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LOST MILLIONS IN BETTING. YOU MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTING WITH ONLY 200 naira but if you calculate the 200 naira you lost in a year, it will be more than 100,000! Couldnt you have invested it in something worthwhile?

AGAIN, ASK YOURSELF WHY THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND DOESNT ACCEPT ADVERTS FROM BOOKIES! BECAUSE SEUN IS AWARE THAT IT IS VERY RISKY AND CAN KILL!

Thanks man. Hearing of such amount of money I was just thinking of going into betting. But your post brought me back to my senses.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by DiiVictory(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2015
see the game slip

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by goldfish80(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2015
Is the professor, Odion Ighalo's father?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by homirefacuny(m): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2015
ExInferis:

You cant influence probability where you have no influence on the population.

If his being a computer scientist were of any help, there would've been countless software to assist every better.

For all intents and purposes, bets and lotteries are random pure luck

May you never lack anything good in life. Love your wisdom bro. People don get it... SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Richal20(m): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2015
exxell:
Story..... People stop playing bets! The world is fast evolving. Go and check those that were playing pool in their back then in the 70s, 80s nd 90s! They are wearing eyeglasses going around in the village doing nothing. While their mates who never believed in quick money were busy hustling. It is this same pool that they now mordenised and took it online!

Punters and Bookies are aware that it takes only one game to spoil your ticket. Not to talk of the very fact that these bookies fix big matches which they know that people will rush to play! The chances of that man winning that ticket is that he raised an odd above 73,000.... Wow... See lies. If you know how odd 2 casts on tickets sef... Not to talk of odd 73,000! Lies from hell. This is just Cheap publicity stunt.

What this Niggas do is that once they notice that people are loosing interest in betting due to too much loss, they quickly rush to pay one mechanic to pretend that he won something like 6,000, 000! They will now pay the mechanic something like 300,000 and warn him to be forever silent. Magas and Mugus in Nigeria will now quickly rush to continue betting!

If you think am lying, why is it that in every betting centre, you only hear about a mega win once in a while? What happened to the other money people lost?

I was in a betting centre in PHC one day and the man sold tickets worth more than one million in a day! The man is my friend... One week later, I went back and he told me that only one person won 18,000 naira! My question ia now; WHAT HAPPENED TO OVER 978,000 naira? In one person's pocket right?

STOP SEEKING QUICK MONEY... WORK HARD AND BALL! BETTING DEPLETED YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME AND MAY SEND YOU PACKING TO THE VILLAGE... I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LOST MILLIONS IN BETTING. YOU MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTING WITH ONLY 200 naira but if you calculate the 200 naira you lost in a year, it will be more than 100,000! Couldnt you have invested it in something worthwhile?

AGAIN, ASK YOURSELF WHY THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND DOESNT ACCEPT ADVERTS FROM BOOKIES! BECAUSE SEUN IS AWARE THAT IT IS VERY RISKY AND CAN KILL!

oga na pesin business be diz oooo
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2015
twoondei:
There is nothing God can not do.
You're saying God now aids betting and gambling

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by kayceechile032(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Hear d manager name..mr dotun..God safe u sai na yoruba man...if to sai na igbo man...I die if u go even see 500K...ibos and 419 b like car and petrol

U have an atom of Madness in u. Fool

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by yommen: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:

Must you say this? We dont have to be like them na.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by dckng16(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You're saying God now aids betting and gambling
u think u know how God operates

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by undisputedgbola(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Chisos!!!!
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by CEOSNR: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
u are very stupid

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by famzynet: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2015
Gejpresident:
u are a foolish harlot

For ur info I'm not an ibo, I'm an Edo man

The bini kingdom that conquer ur Yoruba nation
Ur first kind oduduwa is from bini

Once again god punish u for hating ibo

God bless you sir. You are wise.

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by richard870(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:
A Professor of Computer Engineering at the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Godwin Ighalo, has won the sum of N58,945,553, after placing bets with N800 in 1960Bet.

It is the biggest sum ever won in the history of sports betting in Nigeria. The sexagenarian accomplished the feat after placing bets on two different bet slips of N500 and N300.

On the N500 ticket, Prof Ighalo won N36,840,971.25 while the N300 slip won him N22,104,582.75. Ighalo, who was accompanied by two of his relatives, on Wednesday, received his cheque at the head office of the country’s top sports betting company in Lagos.

On how he was able to achieve the feat, Ighalo said,
“Since my childhood days, I used to have strong
interests in probability, relationships and special
intelligence. All these with adequate sports betting research I conducted over the years, helped in making it possible.”

He hailed 1960BET for their honesty and commitment to their customers, adding he was sure he would be paid his money in full by the sports betting company, despite doubts in some quarters that they won’t be able to pay.

He said, “I was sure the company would pay if I win. I have tried in the past without winning and always believe that one day luck will shine on me.
“There were a lot of people out there who expressed doubts on whether they will be able to pay the money, but 1960Bet has demonstrated that they are a reliable sports betting company with this prompt payment. Immediately I arrived at their office, they called me in and the money was paid into my account.”

The Managing Director of 1960BET, Mr Dotun
Ajegbile, said the company, with the prompt payment of the money, has enhanced its position as the most consistent sports betting firm in Nigeria.

“Now it is clear that 1960BET is the most consistent, having paid more winnings in the history of sports betting in Nigeria; we have been paying since 2010.
We have made it top priority in the new season to honour all transactions online and retail while
guaranteeing the best odds at all times and undiluted gaming excitement in all our shops.”

www.punchng.com/sports/university-don-wins-n58-9m-in-sports-bet/

Another hoax!
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by teemonk(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2015
dataseller24:
chaiiii.... see money

This guy is a scammer. NL beware and don't fall prey..
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by SirBenny: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2015
U guyz can't fool me....Show me the betslip b4 I believe....Baba Ijebu all the way.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by ronald4lif(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2015
merikims:
chai!!! see publicity stunt....anyway sha Ambrose Alli university does not have computer engineering just computer science and their is no lecturer with that name in that dpt.

Guys this is what you need to confirm that this is just a promotional stunt to gain public confidence.

I have strong doubts that someone would win such a huge amounts in betting and decide to go public in a place like Nigeria where kidnapping is rampant. If truly he won such an amount he would have opted for privacy and not this stunt.

Based on his winning slips posted here, he played just 9 games accumulator to win 33million. That's a red flag to me. It's near impossible for a 9 leg game to accumulate such amount. Something doesn't add up.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by anangboy(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2015
For a Professor of Computer Engineering, he is definitely an expert on Probability theory and Intertemporal Choice but then again, in probability there is no certainty, that is why there is always that unknown and
unpredictable element in happenings that seems to have no assignable cause. Throw a coin 10 times, even if you get a "head" all times, the probability of having a tail at the 11th throw is still 0.5.

This is interesting. Can anybody lock down this man's identity? Does he exist?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by ibedun: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:

THE TRUTH....................Nothing but the TRUTH.

Trust is the reason YORUBALAND would forever remain the base of economic activity in Nigeria. East will never come close.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by TuGreat(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2015
University lecturer.naija wetin we no go see.My dear nairalanders,Download this soothing and cool jam,that will make you wonderfull day go smoother and also make you feel greatly relaxed.thanks for downloading.https://my.notjustok.com/track/27831/tugreat-all-you-gat#.VeLEImBXT-B.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by CharLee22: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by sonnyudoh(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2015
exxell:
Story..... People stop playing bets! The world is fast evolving. Go and check those that were playing pool back then in the 70s, 80s nd 90s! They are wearing eyeglasses going around in the village doing nothing. While their mates who never believed in quick money were busy hustling. It is this same pool that they now mordenised and took it online!

What this bookies do is that once they notice that people are loosing interest in betting due to too much loss, they quickly rush to pay one mechanic to pretend that he won something like 6 000, 000 (Six million)! They will now pay the mechanic something like 300,000 (Three hundred thousand) and warn him to be forever silent. Magas and Mugus in Nigeria will now quickly rush to continue betting!

plssssss what can i invest with 100,000
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by ayokunle032(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=48pt]DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS PUBLICITY STUNT. [/size]

It for real guy see d ticket below,it has bin since last week,even brilla fm in lagos announced it.

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by SpotlezDonald25(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:

Dem born u born tribalism
U berra grow up and reason well.
#Proudlyigbo

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Berrymoss(f): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
scumbag
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2015
happney65:

And you think a whole professor would join them in tarnishing hes career with lies?If it had being one random Guy i would not have believed it.But this Professor Guy is a Public Person with Students,etc so i do not think he can do such

Some nigerian professors are no different to common street thugs
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by thespokenword: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=diplomat51 post=37481523]........ It's a lie with the estimated amount. So, you are telling us that his odds was 73681.9 on 500 naira stake and 73681.9 odds for 300 stake respectively. It's not only fallacious in nature but also a way of misleading innocent Nigerians! However, a friend won 1,785,566 with just 100 playing 14 games. Now, since your Mathematics is good, if this guy had put 500 and had added just a game of odd 10,like westham beating Liverpool yesterday, then the winnings shall be....89,278,300! So,please come to Sabo, Boyei plaza , kaduna and ask for Monaco, the guy will be shown to you.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Chubhie: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2015
merikims:
Are you for real?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by ayokunle032(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
........ It's a lie with the estimated amount. So, you are telling us that his odds was 73681.9 on 500 naira stake and 73681.9 odds for 300 stake respectively. It's not only fallacious in nature but also a way of misleading innocent Nigerians to patronize their company. I am telling you from experience that the 360bet is just promoting her betting site, and coming from this perspective of public deceit is very sardonic. Gracia!!!

Oga decorum jarray, ignorance @ d highest level , see d ticket for yur sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Central African Republic : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 10th Oct 2021 / See What Torres Received As Prize After Friendly Match With Super Eagles. / Neymar's New Look As He Strikes A Pose With NIKE Shoe (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.