Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,309 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:11 PM

Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet (88888 Views)

Odion Ighalo Wins 2015 Goal Nigeria Player Of The Year Award / Nigeria’s Ighalo Wins EPL Player Of The Month Award / Odion Ighalo Wins October’s English Premier League African Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by frank442: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2015
This is a lie. It is not possible because 1960bet cannot pay more than 20m. If it is real then let us see d betting slip 4 d games and d odds.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by stanisbaratheon: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
........ It's a lie with the estimated amount. So, you are telling us that his odds was 73681.9 on 500 naira stake and 73681.9 odds for 300 stake respectively. It's not only fallacious in nature but also a way of misleading innocent Nigerians to patronize their company. I am telling you from experience that the 360bet is just promoting her betting site, and coming from this perspective of public deceit is very sardonic. Gracia!!!

I too think it's a lie.

Think of it this way, surebet247 has a limit to which a customer can win, Nairabet as well. Except they are saying there is no limit to which someone can win on bet1960 which to me is absurd for a business of that nature.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by thespokenword: 10:17am On Aug 30, 2015
The reason why seun doesn't allow it is not because he doesn't want their but the country's legislation does not permit him. I know it and that's why I'm saying it...so please get your facts right.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2015
twoondei:
There is nothing God can not do.

there is no part of God in it. God hates gambling.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by festusperry(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2015
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]that is a big lie ohhhhhh
yes someone won the money but not a lecturer but an ordinary okada man...I school in ambrose Ali ...there is no computer engineering in AAU ,I yus tire where una hear say na lecturer win am... oh
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by waley007(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2015
Some people don know football and they say its a lie..i had a friend who bet on barca game alone,they gave barca odd of 130 and he bet 750k on it.he won 950k,makin 250k profit..na luck,barca hardly loose and he makes his money dat way.
i look for just 10odds every week placing 5k on it making at least 60k every week.
so if u dont know ball or how to bet,dont say its a lie...i know one baba dat bet on just 3draws everyday makin 15k.,som ar born 2 b lucky.
how can i love watching ball witout making money on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by juwoonn(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
........ It's a lie with the estimated amount. So, you are telling us that his odds was 73681.9 on 500 naira stake and 73681.9 odds for 300 stake respectively. It's not only fallacious in nature but also a way of misleading innocent Nigerians to patronize their company. I am telling you from experience that the 360bet is just promoting her betting site, and coming from this perspective of public deceit is very sardonic. Gracia!!!
Ignorance is wicked
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by chigoizie7(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
wow.. you gamblers shouldn't be deceived at all. This man is a professor of mathematics or statistics or one science related field if you investigate. Good luck to him.

Btw where are all those guys scammers who promise huge returns in NL.

What of we the statisticians wey carry mgbo till graduation? U mean say we no go win, even 1m ?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by eniwhy: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
wow.. you gamblers shouldn't be deceived at all. This man is a professor of mathematics or statistics or one science related field if you investigate. Good luck to him.
I dont believe this! He should narrate how the bet was won. In addition, That staked amount cannot win up to that prize.

Btw where are all those guys scammers who promise huge returns in NL.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by valandy99(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Hear d manager name..mr dotun..God safe u sai na yoruba man...if to sai na igbo man...I die if u go even see 500K...ibos and 419 b like car and petrol
What is even wrong with u self?

Beauty without brain #2bad

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by SirAlfred(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
I prefer nairabet. I have been willing on nairabet online and when I want to withdraw, they won't complain at all.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by espn(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
sweettease:

I'm not igbo but this is uncalled for and really isn't funny. undecided
actually it's funny but unnecessary.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Slim101(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2015
Toks2008:

We demand to seee the coupon he used in betting.

Oya make people wey know about this come out to tell us the possibility of winning this with 500 and 300naira

It's possible my brother. I have a Nairabet outlet and a dude placed a bet of 51 mill @ my office yesterday with just #100. It was marred by just 3 mtches. What if those 3 matches had gone d way he predicted? He wld hv been a millionaire this morning. Believe it or not but its possible.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by cabaliciouscabal: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:

Well u must understand dat betting in its self is a game played in d kingdom of darkness, so u can never rule out lies, deceit, foul play, insincerity, con,all dis attributes ar part of d game. D only way to be free from all dis, is to stay far away from it.Dont forget both parties ar trying to outwit each oda.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by donhils: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Hear d manager name..mr dotun..God safe u sai na yoruba man...if to sai na igbo man...I die if u go even see 500K...ibos and 419 b like car and petrol
You're a fat foolish she goat.

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
I won't be tempted to become a gambler. No!!!
give me ur money I will place the bet on ur behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:36am On Aug 30, 2015
IF U WANT To succed in gamble u need To be a working class guy so dat u will inves t well in d game of gamble

2 Likes

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Alexander001(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:

He's a professor of Computer Engineering, obviously he has a strong knowledge of Statistics as well. That's what helped him make the correct permutations I think
it's luck, who would have believed that real Madrid can play stalemate with sporting gijon. and Chelsea losing yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by adsonstone: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:

It is very possible.

Most likely, same combination of games...and definitely, different stakes.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2015
Chubhie:
Are you for real?
yes I am for real.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:

Your mother and father must be regretting not aborting you.

You are a curse to your entire family/lineage and generations to come.

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by omonnakoda: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:
A Professor of Computer Engineering at the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Godwin Ighalo, has won the sum of N58,945,553, after placing bets with N800 in 1960Bet.

It is the biggest sum ever won in the history of sports betting in Nigeria. The sexagenarian accomplished the feat after placing bets on two different bet slips of N500 and N300.

On the N500 ticket, Prof Ighalo won N36,840,971.25 while the N300 slip won him N22,104,582.75. Ighalo, who was accompanied by two of his relatives, on Wednesday, received his cheque at the head office of the country’s top sports betting company in Lagos.

On how he was able to achieve the feat, Ighalo said,
“Since my childhood days, I used to have strong
interests in probability, relationships and special
intelligence. All these with adequate sports betting research I conducted over the years, helped in making it possible.”

He hailed 1960BET for their honesty and commitment to their customers, adding he was sure he would be paid his money in full by the sports betting company, despite doubts in some quarters that they won’t be able to pay.

He said, “I was sure the company would pay if I win. I have tried in the past without winning and always believe that one day luck will shine on me.
“There were a lot of people out there who expressed doubts on whether they will be able to pay the money, but 1960Bet has demonstrated that they are a reliable sports betting company with this prompt payment. Immediately I arrived at their office, they called me in and the money was paid into my account.”

The Managing Director of 1960BET, Mr Dotun
Ajegbile, said the company, with the prompt payment of the money, has enhanced its position as the most consistent sports betting firm in Nigeria.

“Now it is clear that 1960BET is the most consistent, having paid more winnings in the history of sports betting in Nigeria; we have been paying since 2010.
We have made it top priority in the new season to honour all transactions online and retail while
guaranteeing the best odds at all times and undiluted gaming excitement in all our shops.”

www.punchng.com/sports/university-don-wins-n58-9m-in-sports-bet/

You can expect them to pay,The business is not run by chest beating Igbos
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Luckylife(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2015
Now I know the reason why u hate igbos wit ur useless prostituting life. Because igbos avoid ur prostitution in the south east that why u vow not to have a better life . pity ur generation that will never see 1 percent of igbos progress until u ask for igbos to forgive u.
kestolove95:

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Brown47: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2015
twoondei:
There is nothing God can not do.
so your god has turned into a gambler again?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by fejikudz(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2015
exxell:
Story..... People stop playing bets! The world is fast evolving. Go and check those that were playing pool back then in the 70s, 80s nd 90s! They are wearing eyeglasses going around in the village doing nothing. While their mates who never believed in quick money were busy hustling. It is this same pool that they now mordenised and took it online!

Punters and Bookies are aware that it takes only one game to spoil your ticket. Not to talk of the very fact that these bookies fix big matches which they know that people will rush to play! The chances of that man winning that ticket is that he raised an odd above 73,000.... Wow... See lies. If you know how odd 2 casts on tickets sef... Not to talk of odd 73,000! Lies from hell. This is just Cheap publicity stunt.

What this bookies do is that once they notice that people are loosing interest in betting due to too much loss, they quickly rush to pay one mechanic to pretend that he won something like 6 000, 000 (Six million)! They will now pay the mechanic something like 300,000 (Three hundred thousand) and warn him to be forever silent. Magas and Mugus in Nigeria will now quickly rush to continue betting!

If you think am lying, why is it that in every betting centre, you only hear about a mega win once in a while? What happened to the other money people lost?

I was in a betting centre in PHC one day and the man sold tickets worth more than one million in a day! The man is my friend... One week later, I went back and he told me that only one person won 18,000 naira! My question ia now; WHAT HAPPENED TO OVER 978,000 naira? In one person's pocket right?

STOP SEEKING QUICK MONEY... WORK HARD AND BALL! BETTING DEPLETED YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME AND MAY SEND YOU PACKING TO THE VILLAGE... I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LOST MILLIONS IN BETTING. YOU MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTING WITH ONLY 200 naira but if you calculate the 200 naira you lost in a year, it will be more than 100,000! Couldnt you have invested it in something worthwhile?

AGAIN, ASK YOURSELF WHY THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND DOESNT ACCEPT ADVERTS FROM BOOKIES! BECAUSE SEUN IS AWARE THAT IT IS VERY RISKY AND CAN KILL!
GOD bless you for this wonderful write up
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by loomer: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:

He's a professor of Computer Engineering, obviously he has a strong knowledge of Statistics as well. That's what helped him make the correct permutations I think

Leave permutations matter, u know how many times him don play and loose?

It was just his time to win. It's all down to luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by juman(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Islam forbids betting.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by donem: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
I admire/share your reasoning, why didn't they post copies of the winning slips?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by ChappyChase: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Your Father is a fool!!!!!!
Your mother is a fish wife (talks without sense)
Two them now came together and gave birth to disaster like you, you worst pass APC campaign promises!

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by litetias(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2015
This is not a matter of being an expert in stastics.
The fact he's a prof is just coincidental.
A bricklayer could as well have won this.
Those who dabble in sports betting know that its 50% research and 50% luck.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by valandy99(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2015
londongal03:
It's real my elder brother won 12million with just 200.
Wow, so if i kidnap u, ur brother would be able to afford 2million bah?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Frankaka8(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
dis she-male don land for here again? E be like say one ibo boy don break ur heart, you kan carry ibo matter like gala and lacasera for head... **get a life**

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Libya: Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier - 4 - 0 (Full Time) / See What Torres Received As Prize After Friendly Match With Super Eagles. / Neymar's New Look As He Strikes A Pose With NIKE Shoe (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.