Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,991 members, 7,963,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:27 AM

NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power (6214 Views)

"Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola / NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
I trust the masturbators
Sealeddeal:
they will soon sack Sam Amadi for saying the truth

1 Like

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by HzRF(m): 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Gbawe:
The NERC chairman has to be diplomatic and give GEJ credit. Yet the truth is that the power sector, like the oil sector and others, is another that was totally overtaken by the gross corruption and administrative irresponsibility GEJ is known for. Nigerians should prepare for the corruption and rot that will be revealed about the power sector under GEJ-especially the pseudo-privatisation 'boju-boju' that was just a way to enrich many AGIPs and PDP bigwigs. I will try and find an article about what GEJ actually 'achieved' in the power sector. Overall Nigerians should not celebrate too much because 4700 MW is nothing in relation to Nigeria's immediate and future needs. Yet the reality is that this modest gain is down to the much vaunted Buhari 'body language' because, give or take, we always had the capacity, even before GEJ, to hit around 4700 MW. those who know the power sector well will confirm this.

in the end Buhari's 'body language' , centred around zero tolerance for impunity, is the reason some of us spent so many hours of our time online and offline before the election working for his win. I have always argued that Europeans and Westerners are no less corrupt than Africans. The difference is that punishment is swift and decisive for wrongdoing in the developed world, and this has created a 'deterrent' culture where things work , whereas this is not the case in Nigeria and many African Countries creating an 'impunity' culture where nothing works and it is every man/woman for himself/herself . Jonathan is a poster child of the corrupt ways and system killing Africa. He never believed in punishing anyone or holding those under him accountable. To that end, impunity reigned under his government and no one was bothered to do their job as they could/should. Under Buhari, a hardliner who believes people must give value for what they are paid to do, you will be fired for incompetence, corrupt acts or general indolence in the workplace. Crucially, everyone understand this and are 'behaving' themselves.

The slackness that obtained under GEJ is gone. This is a President who will question why you have not done your job properly and will sack you if you have no tenable excuse. That is the major game-changer and that is why some of us backed Buhari fervently. That is what all progressive nations of the world have in common . I.e there is a system in place that punishes corruption, crime, incompetence, lack of focus and lack of performance. PDP destroyed all that with their style of governance which actually encouraged Nigerians to be as corrupt, as indolent, as clueless and as inept as possible with the obvious assurance that there will be no consequence at all for doing things that way. Change is here and the GEJ supporters can continue to resist and offer excuses but they will be won over in the end. Even today most GEJ supporters are beginning to understand that the lawless, indisciplined and ultra-corrupt society GEJ and the PDP helped to create, where impunity was king, is not a way forward for Nigeria.
The novelist is here

Pls why is killing still going on in North
Why is our economy depreciating
Why is job creation going under
Why am I still buying PMS at 100/90

Buhari body language is dead in those areas right

Lying liars

3 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Gbawe: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
HzRF:

The novelist is here

Buhari body language is dead in those areas right

Lying liars

Your personalised attacks mean nothing to me. It is all about the progress of Nigeria as far as I am concerned. With that in my mind, I am sure Mr.President will deliver in all sectors.

Terrorists are not PHCN salaried workers. they will kill come what may. The rest of us who follow the laws of society know when to behave when we have a serious boss who can sack, demote or imprison us for incompetence, corruption and abuse of office. Frankly I don't see how you can give this example considering that terrorists worldwide live outside the laws of God and man.

Why is our economy depreciating
I would like to believe you are not ignorant of how GEJ has damaged our economy massively over the past few years with corruption, failure to diversify our economy from a dependence on oil, gross under-investment in the SME sector et al. I believe you must be joking with what you wrote above. The mess GEJ created means he would be serving a life sentence in most nations of the world.

See above. You are incredibly biased if you think the Buhari Government can create jobs currently without steadying the drifting ship Nigeria had become under GEJ and the PDP.

Are you for real? Reforms of the oil sector is currently ongoing. Why not wait to see how things shape up, once definitive policies have been rolled out, before your expect cheaper PMS from Buhari for a problem GEJ and the PDP caused with their devotion to scamming and exploiting Nigerians. Did Buhari cause a proliferation of scamming fuel marketers or was that down to GEj and his PDP cohorts? Answer a simple yes or no. I think the problem is that you feel duty-bound to continue supporting GEJ and denouncing Buhari. This is why you cannot make summations and distinctions which are very obvious. This leads to the questions you ask which are very puzzling from a logical perspective.
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
[s]
Gbawe:

Your personalised attacks mean nothing to me. It is all about the progress of Nigeria as far as I am concerned. With that in my mind, I am sure Mr.President will deliver in all sectors.

Terrorists are not PHCN salaried workers. they will kill come what may. The rest of us who follow the laws of society know when to behave when we have a serious boss who can sack, demote or imprison us for incompetence, corruption and abuse of office. Frankly I don't see how you can give this example considering that terrorists worldwide live outside the laws of God and man.

I would like to believe you are not ignorant of how GEJ has damaged our economy massively over the past few years with corruption, failure to diversify our economy from a dependence on oil, gross under-investment in the SME sector et al. I believe you must be joking with what you wrote above. The mess GEJ created means he would be serving a life sentence in most nations of the world.

See above. You are incredibly biased if you think the Buhari Government can create jobs currently without steadying the drifting ship Nigeria had become under GEJ and the PDP.

Are you for real? Reforms of the oil sector is currently ongoing. Why not wait to see how things shape up, once definitive policies have been rolled out, before your expect cheaper PMS from Buhari for a problem GEJ and the PDP caused with their devotion to scamming and exploiting Nigerians. Did Buhari cause a proliferation of scamming fuel marketers or was that down to GEj and his PDP cohorts? Answer a simple yes or no. I think the problem is that you feel duty-bound to continue supporting GEJ and denouncing Buhari. This is why you cannot make summations and distinctions which are very obvious. This leads to the questions you ask which are very puzzling from a logical perspective.
[/s]

trash

1 Like

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by HzRF(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Gbawe:

In all honesty u didn't disappoint me I envisage this kind of response

U can tell me PMB was responsible for improved power supply, refineries without 1 single input
And turn around to tell me GEJ perceived corruption is the reason why some areas are in stagnant/reversing state

It won't work

If pmb body language improve power, repair refiners etc without any effort made

His body language should have d same resultant effect on other areas
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
why are you wasting your time an energy with a rotten brain?
HzRF:

In all honesty u didn't disappoint me I envisage this kind of response

U can tell me PMB was responsible for improved power supply, refineries without 1 single input
And turn around to tell me GEJ perceived corruption is the reason why some areas are in stagnant/reversing state

It won't work

If pmb body language improve power, repair refiners etc without any effort made

His body language should have d same resultant effect on other areas
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 7:03am On Aug 31, 2015
sad news for the masturbators
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by millhouse: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2015
Pure
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by SKYQUEST(m): 8:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. All those connected with GEJ will go because they all helped him scam Nigeria blind. Of course they will lie about 'performance' and try to steal glory for the GEJ government but honest and upright Nigerians know the truth.

Yes we know the truth that we are now enjoying some steady power supply and that could not have happened overnight, somebody worked for it!
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by EMANY01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Sealeddeal:
they will soon sack Sam Amadi for saying the truth

Someone already made that prediction on facebook:

It would appear that Sam Amadi the current Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,NERC has decided that he no longer needs his job and wants to proceed on retirement forthwith.
I say this because he was bold enough to voice out a fact every reasonable individual knows but many are trying to dispel using the most ridiculous logic ever employed in Nigerian political discourse: that El PRESIDENTEs "BODY LANGUAGE" within the 90+ days he has been in office, has resulted in the now very obvious and undeniable improvement Electricity generation and supply.
For those who believe this GRAND LIE i have nothing to say to them(all the brooms waved around the country during the electoral campaigns must have had some strong diabolic mass mind control ish). I only want to use this medium to warn Oga Amadi in the event that he did not think of the consequences of ( his need to tell the truth and shame the devil[s] ).
First within a very short time,there will be some petition or the other against him alleging a litany of misdeeds fictitious or factual during his tenure as Chairman of NERC.
Following that, the current ruling party will deploy their highly effective weapon the control of almost all of the press and media platforms (i have to say its quite an impressive weapon) and will spin a category 5 hurricane out of a cloudless sky before you say national interest,he will be out of office and an individual of unimpeachable integrity appointed as replacement. Where this individual will come from should be a no brainier by now .I mean down the Niger and Benue river belts crooks are all you will find and now is the time for "capacity and integrity" we shouldn't concern ourselves with the fact that the new appointee of "unimpeachable integrity" will very likely have his home town within 5 degrees latitude of Daura go figure.
If on the other hand Oga Amadi has actually foreseen this and decides to leave before any of the aforementioned happens, it only saves him from an ignominious exit from office,it does not stop the Lying liars from carrying out the other options because NO ONE DEARS be in any position of public office in this administration and sing a different hymn from the rest of the choir.
Let me be clear,i believe that if any public official is PROVEN to have betrayed the trust of the public and responsibilities of the office by A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION, he or she should be made to answer for it.
The operative words here are "PROVEN and COURT" surely that tiny unimportant detail like proof can be produced so we can get on with the more important task of crucifying the thief.
Of course if El PRESIDENTE and his SHADOW TEAM OF ADVISERS (the legality of which is a subject for another days consideration) are feeling magnanimous,they could skip all of the steps and just go to the end replace Oga Amadi.

Beremx:
Not because of me but for other helpless Nigerians who have been paying outrageous and crazy bills that doesn't reflect the amount of energy they consume.
Sam Amadi must go!!

Foolishness beyond belief and description.

Rad1cal:
Where was Buhari language when over 3,500 kilometres of transmission lines to provide effective evacuation of the additional power being generated in the country was constructed by the previous admin.

The epistle egbon that just came back from hiding and shame after he was disgraced by the event in the National Assembly will never see ,read or hear of that no way, the blind gods that he and his ilk in apc serve forbids it.
Here is a statement from Mr Clement Oke, Acting Chairman, Presidential Task Force on Power made in August 2015:

“As projected in the PTFP 2014 Annual report, and with the completion of repairs of a major gas pipeline infrastructure and subsidence of vandalism, gas supply has improved. The nation attained new energy and power peaks in August 2015, increasing electricity supply compared to previous months. Averagely, electricity generation is being maintained above the 4,000 megawatt level. This trend should continue, and with the expected completion of North-South transmission loop, the mid 2015 projection of 5,000 megawatts level will be realizable during the fourth quarter of this year provided vandalism does not resume.”
Clement Oke, FNSE
Acting Chairman, Presidential Task Force on Power

As the statement explicitly implies ,a series of activities and processes were being undertaking and in place well before the "PTFP 2014 Annual Report" was released and based on the work trends and fixed timetables a projection was made.

For the individual with the least bit of common sense it is clear what we have in terms of improvement and advancement in Electricity generation and power supply today and running into the next year is the result of the work of the last five years.

Within the last five years the power generation capability of Nigeria had been built up to 9000+ Mega Watts but there it was clear that the increase in power generation capability had seriously outpaced the transmission capacity by almost four to one , the distribution capability by two to one and the gas supply capacity (where that applied ) by three to one so it will be another full year before everyone of that 9000+ Mega Watt is able to be transmitted and distributed based on the plan of work and timelines in place well before May 29 2015.This explains why NERC is confident that by or around December 2015 transmission would have gone up to 6000 Mega Watts.

Any government that is focused on working for immediate and visible results in development in any sector is thinking short term and that sort of development is unsustainable.Sustainable development is a long term commitment.
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Rad1cal: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
EMANY01:

Someone already made that prediction on facebook:

It would appear that Sam Amadi the current Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,NERC has decided that he no longer needs his job and wants to proceed on retirement forthwith.
I say this because he was bold enough to voice out a fact every reasonable individual knows but many are trying to dispel using the most ridiculous logic ever employed in Nigerian political discourse: that El PRESIDENTEs "BODY LANGUAGE" within the 90+ days he has been in office, has resulted in the now very obvious and undeniable improvement Electricity generation and supply.
For those who believe this GRAND LIE i have nothing to say to them(all the brooms waved around the country during the electoral campaigns must have had some strong diabolic mass mind control ish). I only want to use this medium to warn Oga Amadi in the event that he did not think of the consequences of ( his need to tell the truth and shame the devil[s] ).
First within a very short time,there will be some petition or the other against him alleging a litany of misdeeds fictitious or factual during his tenure as Chairman of NERC.
Following that, the current ruling party will deploy their highly effective weapon the control of almost all of the press and media platforms (i have to say its quite an impressive weapon) and will spin a category 5 hurricane out of a cloudless sky before you say national interest,he will be out of office and an individual of unimpeachable integrity appointed as replacement. Where this individual will come from should be a no brainier by now .I mean down the Niger and Benue river belts crooks are all you will find and now is the time for "capacity and integrity" we shouldn't concern ourselves with the fact that the new appointee of "unimpeachable integrity" will very likely have his home town within 5 degrees latitude of Daura go figure.
If on the other hand Oga Amadi has actually foreseen this and decides to leave before any of the aforementioned happens, it only saves him from an ignominious exit from office,it does not stop the Lying liars from carrying out the other options because NO ONE DEARS be in any position of public office in this administration and sing a different hymn from the rest of the choir.
Let me be clear,i believe that if any public official is PROVEN to have betrayed the trust of the public and responsibilities of the office by A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION, he or she should be made to answer for it.
The operative words here are "PROVEN and COURT" surely that tiny unimportant detail like proof can be produced so we can get on with the more important task of crucifying the thief.
Of course if El PRESIDENTE and his SHADOW TEAM OF ADVISERS (the legality of which is a subject for another days consideration) are feeling magnanimous,they could skip all of the steps and just go to the end replace Oga Amadi.

Foolishness beyond belief and description.

The epistle egbon that just came back from hiding and shame after he was disgraced by the event in the National Assembly will never see ,read or hear of that no way, the blind gods that he and his ilk in apc serve forbids it.
Here is a statement from Mr Clement Oke, Acting Chairman, Presidential Task Force on Power made in August 2015:

“As projected in the PTFP 2014 Annual report, and with the completion of repairs of a major gas pipeline infrastructure and subsidence of vandalism, gas supply has improved. The nation attained new energy and power peaks in August 2015, increasing electricity supply compared to previous months. Averagely, electricity generation is being maintained above the 4,000 megawatt level. This trend should continue, and with the expected completion of North-South transmission loop, the mid 2015 projection of 5,000 megawatts level will be realizable during the fourth quarter of this year provided vandalism does not resume.”
Clement Oke, FNSE
Acting Chairman, Presidential Task Force on Power

As the statement explicitly implies ,a series of activities and processes were being undertaking and in place well before the "PTFP 2014 Annual Report" was released and based on the work trends and fixed timetables a projection was made.

For the individual with the least bit of common sense it is clear what we have in terms of improvement and advancement in Electricity generation and power supply today and running into the next year is the result of the work of the last five years.

Within the last five years the power generation capability of Nigeria had been built up to 9000+ Mega Watts but there it was clear that the increase in power generation capability had seriously outpaced the transmission capacity by almost four to one , the distribution capability by two to one and the gas supply capacity (where that applied ) by three to one so it will be another full year before everyone of that 9000+ Mega Watt is able to be transmitted and distributed based on the plan of work and timelines in place well before May 29 2015.This explains why NERC is confident that by or around December 2015 transmission would have gone up to 6000 Mega Watts.

Any government that is focused on working for immediate and visible results in development in any sector is thinking short term and that sort of development is unsustainable.Sustainable development is a long term commitment.

Classic post. Forget Gbawe and his fellow zombies. They believe most Nigerians are gullible not to see their broad day deceit.
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Christoskurion: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
Though the truth has just been told but may God help you from being fired or face probe in no distant time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Facts About The South East Nigeria. / INEC Recruits Over 25,000 Officials For Electoral Re-run In Rivers State / Looters’ List: Court Adjourns Dokpesi’s N5bn Suit Against Buhari’s Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.