Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,552 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos (25183 Views)

Niger Delta Activists; Annkio briggs– Dissociate South South From Biafra / EFCC Planned Seizure Of Tompolo’s Assets Splits N-delta Activists / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by StOla: 3:23am On Sep 01, 2015
islandmoon:
The Idiots chased us away from Niger Delta, now they are crying, am sure you want to collect USD5m before they built that ship yard, shouting our land Our land!! HAhahaha, see how they dressed, activist for that matter.. how many times have you tried to kidnap the man building Golf Estate in Hort Harcourt? we know you!! our land!! our oil our oil! our land!! community, Local Government , youth whahala!! no no no no!!! Enough is Enough
go and bring back Michelin to Nigeria..

my friend, you have chased away so many companies from the Niger Delta to Angola and Ghana, go and bring back Michelin West Africa, we can not allow you to keep kidnapping the expertrate and settling Local Government, settle Youth, settle community and settle who again, they will still kidnap! sorry nobody to kidnap this time around, go and stop kidnapping and double taxation first! then well reconsider your region for other projects

VOICE OF THE gods..

Indeed! The jobs they are crying about being denied must be the kidnapping opportunities no longer existing.

Again, LADOL will site its project where it deems fit and as originally planned, with or without NLNG. Not where a dunce president had hoped to empower kidnappers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by StOla: 3:31am On Sep 01, 2015
jomoh:

Raw materials?

Do you even know what a dry dock is? I doubt.

FYI Dry docks don't need your useless oil. Its just a workshop for construction and repair of vessels and ships.

Obviously Lagos/badagary has more ships berthing on its shores more than the whole ND combined.

Another advantage is its close proximity to other african countries who can bring their ships and vessels there for repairs. Talk of feasibility studies.

So next time your Jobless Illiterate Rogues Youths starts agitating for something you should get an education from google first before joining and making yourself look stvpid in the process.

ADVICE: Tell your brothers to clear the water ways of pirates and make the place secure first before calling for investments. No sane company will want to locate its investment in a volatile environment.

Please educate them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by StOla: 3:55am On Sep 01, 2015
CSTR2:
Guy, omo-oniles affects the real -estate industry in no small measure.
Real estate investors in the SW are suffering a great deal.
Btw, the biggest foreign investments in Nigeria are located in the niger-delta.
Any company that wants to invest in the niger-delta is free to do so .All these excuses are more or less smoke screens.

If so, then why crying over a Yoruba man's investment and where he chooses to site it?
So I'm guessing all the cries from the youths are crocodile tears.

For your own education, the oil industry is not the only foreign investment in Nigeria. Also the project in question isn't solely targeting the oil industry or Nigerian marketing alone.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by StOla: 3:59am On Sep 01, 2015
anibi9674:
the niger delta is closer to other west african countries than lagos. they keep telling us is about technicality . they shud tell us d technicality involved.

You need to review the publisher/printer of the Nigerian maps you've veen buying.

Secondly, the project targets the African market, not just West Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by StOla: 4:09am On Sep 01, 2015
godwin120alex:
Everybody saying Lagos is congested yet biz that is suppose to be cited in other cities are located in Lag. NG is a sham

You cannot force private investors to site their investments where you would prefer. It is theirs and profit is the motivation.

They are not in the business of developing cities, that is government's job. Private investors are only interested in developing their income.

The SouthSouth state governments and its citizens who feel slighted can also put up a similar project and challenge the one to be sited in Lagos in a healthy business competition.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by StOla: 4:12am On Sep 01, 2015
EMANY01:
I made this post on a different thread and i will say it again:

I like the protocol that the Niger delta activists have adopted beginning their agitation with an IMPASSIONED REASONABLE NON-THREATENING FACTUAL AND INTELLECTUAL manner.

The world needs to see that this is our first recourse in pursuing this matter .
The south west with its now arrogant control of most of the news outlets and multi media platforms would have loved the struggle to begin right out of the gate with violence then they would spin the story to all the world to support their long running narrative that multinational investments of any kind is only logical safe and guaranteed in the south west.

I can almost guarantee now that the next card they will play is to spin up disagreements between the different subgroups within the Niger Delta as to who gets what then spinning the story that internal struggles within various groups within the NG makes the entire location nonviable for investments.

Any South South or South East person who does not see the entrenched INSTITUTIONAL DUPLICITY of the south west by now is much more of a bigger fool than our parents were and you know i wouldn't call the old folks fools so much as i would call them extremely naive which coming right after the civil war might seem understandable.

I will spell it out in RED so there is no mistake about my meaning:
[size=15pt] THE SOUTHWEST IS DOING AND HAS BEEN DOING FOR DECADES WHAT THE NORTH HAS BEEN/AND IS DOING IN POLITICS:APPROPRIATE TO THEMSELVES EVERY OR ALMOST EVERY PLAN/OPPORTUNITY FOR INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENT WHERE ITS POSSIBLE.[/size]

They (south west) have learned to use the media as a tool/weapon effectively so watch as they will seek to discredit the arguments presented by the agitators and where they cant logically defeat the case made by the agitators (a most likely scenario), they will do two things:

[1]Kill and bury any and every story of the issues raised and seek to bar it from the realm of National discourse and where that approach fails

[2]The media sections controlled by the southwest will massively turn their attention to the South South and to a lesser extent , the South East :every gunshot , every death , every confrontation between the security agencies and whoever , will be reported in great detail a pipeline will not burst without it being in the news circle for at least a week.Strategically and psychologically, the image they will try to evoke is of a region in chaos or precariously close to it.Not the place any right thinking business big or small local or international would want to invest in, regardless of the resource base or the advantages it has.

You've only confirmed that the SouthWest has a good development plan.

No apologies for that.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by Nobody: 4:23am On Sep 01, 2015
So, anyone that doesn't share your view is automatically a Yoruba? This leaking of stupidity by you lots needs to stop
Numerouno111:

You this Yoruba baboon, seems like u got stones for brains right ?

Our people feed you yet ur bashing us right....
I no blame u.....
We should have long gone with the Igbos. Can't stand ur stupidity no more

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by EMANY01(m): 5:02am On Sep 01, 2015
GentleToks:

You honestly sound stupidd

Its you opinion and you are entitled to it sir.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by EMANY01(m): 5:34am On Sep 01, 2015
StOla:

You've only confirmed that the SouthWest has a good development plan.

No apologies for that.

Yes i have and i honestly do not begrudge them at all, matter of fact i hail them but will you begrudge me if i point out to my people the strategies that the south west has used over the last four to five decades how those strategies have adapted over times and how the South East and the South South can take pages from the playbook and rewrite them for their own purposes?
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by anibi9674: 5:46am On Sep 01, 2015
StOla:

You need to review the publisher/printer of the Nigerian maps you've veen buying.

Secondly, the project targets the African market, not just West Africa.
through land lagos is closer but by sea athink d Niger delta is closer. bakassi comes to mind
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by handie(m): 5:46am On Sep 01, 2015
chuna1985:

normal Yoruba talk.
Get some brain. I'm a Niger Deltan from Edo

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 01, 2015
islandmoon:

OUR LAND!! OUR LAND!! OUR LAND!!!! OUR COMMUNITY!!

OBIAKPOR!!! TMARINE!!!
OUR LAND!!

UNA MUST SETTLE YOUTH!!!!

Na our land!!!

yeye!! jobless youth, imagine our you guys dressed!!

you need to change your way of life and a job to do!!

let them build it in Lagos so dat tomorrow some jobless people would say other Nigerians should go back to there states...
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by ba7man(m): 6:16am On Sep 01, 2015
anibi9674:
the niger delta is closer to other west african countries than lagos. they keep telling us is about technicality . they shud tell us d technicality involved.
No, Lagos is closer to west Africa than the Niger delta.

Just check your atlas and confirm this.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by OfoIgbo: 6:20am On Sep 01, 2015
I will really like to have the names of those that recommended Badagry for the siting of this dry dock.
I will also like to know the geopolitical zones they came from.

Such investments should be spread out, as Lagos is not the only coastal srea in the country
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by fulanimafia: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2015
lygn19:

let them build it in Lagos so dat tomorrow some jobless people would say other Nigerians should go back to there states...

Are you suggesting that Lagos State owes non-indigenes some kind of obligation because a private company decided to site its project in Badagry?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by ba7man(m): 6:33am On Sep 01, 2015
And they say Yorubas are cowards??

More like intelligence to me, while the brave are left protesting in their wake.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by gnykelly(m): 7:08am On Sep 01, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

.....and indigenes should decide what best suits their resources.

no the resources belong to the FG. and do you realized that drydocks is not crude oil.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2015
gnykelly:

no the resources belong to the FG. and do you realized that drydocks is not crude oil.

What's this one saying?
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 01, 2015
EdCure:
Let the locals and the affected firm settle the issue without further crisis.
Genuine interests have to be pursued and due considerations (and feasibility studies) have to be made in critical issues like this.

As much as I would like the dry dock to be sited in the SS, I am also aware of the fact that businesses are not built exclusively on the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility.

SS Akoko Edo man you have ended up saying nothing while sitting on the fence, you are now confused whether to support SS or Yorubas, the reason there is Abuja is because they said that Lagos is full, and I dont know how idiots here are talking about Business environment, is lagos the only Sea Mouth where import and export must take place?, the gas to be exported will be piped from SS and SE to Lagos so is this not a stupid business sense....its all about stealing from Others.... Yorubas have been using Hausas to steal from SS and SE. The HQs of major oil companies in the world are in the area where they started/operate, Texaco/Chevron HQ is in Texas not New york, Total HQ is in Pau not in Paris...but All oil and Gas companies' HQ in Nigeria are in Lagos not in Akwa Ibom, Not in Rivers, Not in Delta, Not in Bayelsa yet the little industry like NLNG dry duckyard that would have created Job for ND youths, the Yoruba MD of NLNG want to move it to Lagos, after they will call them militants....this is wickedness

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by baysol: 7:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Mogidi:

Imagine the employment opportunities we're being denied by siting this project in Lagos.

Who are the we? Yeye tribalistic bofoons who cannot even protect pipelines in their care not to talk of environment from oil polution. wetin your Jona mumu do for una? The over land by the itshekiris and the urobos over the free zone project has it been resolved? has the project commenced yet? You people must in short go and die for all I care. Do the3y thionk their protest will change anything? I only point to the collective fools you all are.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 01, 2015
baysol:

Who are the we? Yeye tribalistic bofoons who cannot even protect pipelines in their care not to talk of environment from oil polution. wetin your Jona mumu do for una? The over land by the itshekiris and the urobos over the free zone project has it been resolved? has the project commenced yet? You people must in short go and die for all I care. Do the3y thionk their protest will change anything? I only point to the collective fools you all are.

Mumu, NNPC are advising Buhari to sell off Refineries, do you know why??>...mumu its because of vandals, protecting oil and gas pipe line is a HUGE task, very expensive and can never be achieved 100% in Nigeria, now you want pipe ND's gas to Lagos what do you think will happen. Let that Yoruba man called Babs Jolayemi Omotowa continue with his fairy tell project. Igbo man called Chima Ibeneche moved NLNG HQ to Bonny island where it belong not to any Igbo state and created job for the ND/Ijaw youths why would this yoruba man gradually move it back to Lagos undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 01, 2015
zeembab:

SITING THE DRY DOCK IN NIGER DELTA SO THAT THE YOUTH CAN START KIDNAPPING THE WORKERS AND CAUSING PROBLEM AT SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION.....COME TO THINK OF IT.....THESE ARE PRIVATE INVESTORS....NOT GOVERNMENT, THEY ARE FREE TO SITE THE PROJECT ANYWHERE THEY DEEM FIT.

Of course they have been kidnapping all the Yorubas that have flooded all major oil companies in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta state,... go to Shell, Mobil, Total, all in Niger Delta, 60% of the workers are Yorubas yet they have not ran away in fear of kidnap

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by OkutaNla: 7:49am On Sep 01, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Mumu, NNPC are advising Buhari to sell off Refineries, do you know why??>...mumu its because of vandals, protecting oil and gas pipe line is a HUGE task, very expensive and can never be achieved 100% in Nigeria, now you want pipe ND's gas to Lagos what do you think will happen. Let that Yoruba man called Babs Jolayemi Omotowa continue with his fairy tell project. Igbo man called Chima Ibeneche moved NLNG HQ to Bonny island where it belong not to any Igbo state and created job for the ND/Ijaw youths why would this yoruba man gradually move it back to Lagos undecided undecided

http://m.worldmaritimenews.com/#newsitem-168489

Nigeria LNG Refutes Involvement in Badagry Dry Dock Project

Nigeria LNG Limited has denied its involvement in the proposed USD 1.5 billion Badagry Dry Dock Project after several media reports identified the company as the owner of the project.

Nigeria LNG said that the company is not the owner and is not investing in the building of any dry dock anywhere in the world, as it has a singular business focus, namely processing and exporting LNG.

The owner of the proposed dry dock in Badagry, Lagos State, Nigeria, is a consortium of other Nigerian companies under the name of Badagry Ship Repair and Maritime Engineering Company (BSMEC), according to Nigeria LNG.

''NLNG's only interest was and still remains, encouraging investors to consider building dry docks in the country to save the nation's foreign exchange and save local ship owners, like ourselves, the trouble of having to go overseas for dry dock services,'' the company said in a statement.

''Nigeria LNG would thus be pleased to see more dry dock projects emerge in different parts of the country, but will not be investing in any. It is thus fair to add that not being an investor in dry dock, NLNG cannot dictate to investors where to site their projects.''

Badagry Dry Dock will be the first facility of this kind able to receive large vessels in the region of West Africa. Currently, owners of large vessels in the region have to dry dock their vessels in Europe, Asia and North America.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by nightmile: 7:55am On Sep 01, 2015
A group of foreign companies came together to discuss and agree on biz of intrest, carried out feasibility study of the project, chose the best location for them. And sought the assistance of the FG for land aquisition and so on. Then we have some idiots protesting the location.

They dont want their biz to be distrupted by lazy and myopic youths. This project includes the constuction of a mega port where giant vessels with higher metric tons of cargo will be able to berth conviniently with minimum annual dredging activities. So dear activists, pls check your facts, this is not only about NLNG alone, NLNG will only be there to provide services to power companies and others invoved in the joint project.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by agyo(m): 7:57am On Sep 01, 2015
handie:
I shake my head. This is what unemployment has caused. From feasibility studies, it's apparent a dry dock in Lagos Nigeria's main port and where all the major vessels berth and load is the logical place for such an investment. Should the investors jettison profitability because a bunch of unemployed youths want it sited in their region so as to collect money for what they term "our land".... Abeg make dem shift jor. Next topic pls

That's the point. When you make life difficult for business investor in your environment, what do they expect?

Definitely the investors goes to safe grounds to invest. I pray they realised the effect of there past actions.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by DennisEche(m): 8:37am On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=RickRichards post=37539547]
Good to see another female with common sense. We Nigerian ladies are the best![/quoth
he is no female but transgendered.... disguising as a female
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by obidevine(m): 8:51am On Sep 01, 2015
lalasticlala:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/31/photonews-niger-delta-activists-protest-siting-15-billion-dry-dock-lagos-state
The conclusion on citing the dock in lagos was made after they had done feasibility studies on all the other regions, and badagry dock was chosen because of its depth .. Citing a dock isn't child's play a lot of factors are put into consideration.. , bonny island wasn't feasible because a lot of dredging will have to be done unlike @ badagry where little or no dredging will be done. So please all yea "restive niger delta youths" give peace a chance .
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by inspbado(m): 8:51am On Sep 01, 2015
walexy30:

Mention companies that are being disturbed by OPC and omonile in Lagos. In fact, omoniles welcome businesses in their communities because they benefit from them.

Guy to buttress your point eh, I've seen where omoniles in an area were literally fighting the residents of the place because of a company that moved in. Apparently, the omoniles had collected money from the company and also the company had employed some of their youths, so when the folks in the area were complaining about some of the perceived excesses of the company, the omoniles took sides with the company to protect "their interest and investment". My firm was called in to settle the matter and we had to enlist the help of the baale of the community, omo no be small matter o, but thank God the issue was settled and everybody lived happily ever after! Lol. Back to the topic; companies have a right to site their business wherever they feel is conducive for them, afterall they're profit-making organisations and not charities, so it is wrong for the Niger-deltans to dictate where the company should site its business. Moreover, the Niger-delta region has this unenviable reputation has a place where expats can be kidnapped anyhow; so you see expats and foreigners go about with heavily armed security over there, something they don't do in Lagos. So my advice to my Niger-delta people is that they really need to make their region more conducive and accommodating for businesses. The well-worn excuse that the people there are poor and that the federal govt and the system make them react negatively to foreigners is no longer tenable, because you don't cut your nose to spite your face (case in point, the boko haram nonsense going on in the north east). If you want your standard of living to improve, you need to get formal education, encourage businesses and most importantly; hold your leaders accountable, a situation where you celebrate mediocrity and stupid political leadership should no longer be tolerated. Enough said.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2015
handie:
Get some brain. I'm a Niger Deltan from Edo

I didn't ask where u come from, I simply said Yoruba talk.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by pazienza(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2015
Ranks007:
There wil a time when Ndeltans wil control their resources

Wait further and see opportunities to control such resources denied.

Set from you thoughts such futuristic plans and seize the moment when the resources are still present, your resources are depleting at a fast rate, Oloibiri is no longer an oil producing town today, they are no drops of oil in Oloibiri the once oil rich town, today.

Time is of the essence and it's running out.
Re: Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos by BrOwnSuga3: 9:21am On Sep 01, 2015
The mistake the SS made, not supporting Ibo during Biafra.

But there is still time tp rectify that mistake in future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku, Raila Odinga, Peter Obi, Senator Ben Obi At UNIZIK Radio Station / Governor Makinde To Refund Tuition Fees Collected By Ajimobi To Parents / Oshiomhole‘s Aides Denied Entry To APC Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.