Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,720 members, 7,969,099 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:30 PM

Nigerians In East London. . . - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In East London. . . (15978 Views)

Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian Man Attacks 16 Year Old WHITE GIRL In East London. RACIAL CRIME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by vanitty: 8:06am On Apr 05, 2009
^
pretty girl with a nice body
she is a clown though instead of her to keep her mouth shut
she was saying stuffs like oh we bought pizza, we bought vodka  grin grin grin he is goin home with me

still funny  grin
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by oderemo(m): 11:18am On Apr 05, 2009
nigeria need rebranding in deed.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by latiph(m): 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2009
Hi Mrs cozy, can i talk with you sorry?
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by lucabrasi(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2009
@its all over
omo see heavy disgrace,nigerians have suffered its obvious the guy is way over his head with that woman brow beating and bullying him its all over lol
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Nemeziz9ja: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2009
cool
Sad; being Nigerian is beyond genetic, everywhere we go, we show them we are: Uni****
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Ijawman(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2009
Did anyone listen to the accent of the fighting babes as well as that of the man who was bursted by his wife? Both sound clearly Yoruba. Those people?
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by lucabrasi(m): 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2009
Ijawman:

Did anyone listen to the accent of the fighting babes as well as that of the man who was bursted by his wife? Both sound clearly Yoruba. Those people?
dude,i v got to be factual with you,tribalism is a desease,if not you ll have noticed the woman is african american,and was actually making fun of the man's acent,give it a rest already!
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Moonstone(f): 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2009
Ijawman:

I would have said something to you but I'll let it slide because whether they are yoruba or not (which they are not). Nigerians are Nigerians. So I don' t know what their tribes have to do with anything.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2009
Yoruba wo lon je "Tracy"

Ode
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by jona2: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2009
Ijawman:

the majority of nigerian in london are yorubas,both of those girls are yoruba.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2009
more like majority can SPEAK Yoruba.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by LiquidMind(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2009
My people need need help serious help
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Ndipe(m): 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
Some of us are guilty of the same show of shame displayed by those ladies on Youtube. It aint any different from the public fights back home between neighbors, family members, friends . . .
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by LadyT(f): 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2009
Ndipe:

Some of us are guilty of the same show of shame displayed by those ladies on Youtube. It aint any different from the public fights back home between neighbors, family members, friends . . .

grin
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by tpia: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Epiphany(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2009
Ijawman:

*jona:

the majority of nigerian in london are yorubas,both of those girls are yoruba.

grin grin Funny thing is that whether they are yoruba or not, those non-nigerians who witnessed the fight will not know who is yoruba or ibo or hausa or ijaw or itsekiri. They will just say, 'These bloody NIGERIANS are disturbing the peace again'.

To Ghanaians or Cameroonians, we are all NIGERIANS. They dont care about our local ethnic politics wink
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by otele(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
before nigeria can make progress some things have to be put in place

a) there must be patriotism. people must be prepared to be nigerians. not just igbos, yorubas, etc but nigerians.

b) there must be true democracy, periodic free and fair elections.

c) there must be sound national planning, starting from national census.

e) sound education for all, at least to high school level.

then other developments would follow suit.

by my calculations, these cannot happen in the next 200yrs. so my best advice to the average nigeria, find a way and get out. but pls when u get to europe, try to behave.

not being pessimistic, just objective.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Epiphany(m): 3:53pm On Apr 14, 2009
otele:

before nigeria can make progress some things have to be put in place

a) there must be patriotism. people must be prepared to be nigerians. not just igbos, yorubas, etc but nigerians.

b) there must be true democracy, periodic free and fair elections.

c) there must be sound national planning, starting from national census.

e) sound education for all, at least to high school level.

then other developments would follow suit.

by my calculations, these cannot happen in the next 200yrs. so my best advice to the average nigeria, find a way and get out. but pls when u get to europe, try to behave.

not being pessimistic, just objective.

:oMy guy, i weak for you o! How possible is this? grin
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Ijawman(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2009
Listen carefully to the girls fighting in the chicken shop brawl: they are no doubt Yoruba

The accent of the man, Usman, whose wife pokes las though he was a slowpoke, sounds Yoruba too
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Moonstone(f): 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
Ijawman:

Listen carefully to the girls fighting in the chicken shop brawl: they are no doubt Yoruba

The accent of the man, Usman, whose wife pokes las though he was a slowpoke, sounds Yoruba too
You're delusional! angry angry
When my Igbo friends speak yoruba - they sound yoruba.
Whether they are yoruba or not, it doesn't matter. Bottomline - they are NIGERIANS.
Meaning that if you enter that place, as soon as you open your mouth, they WILL put you in the same category as those girls. No one cares if you're Ijaw or you're Nupe. . . all they know is you're Nigerian. Get that into your head.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by ikeyman00(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2009
^^^^^
are u sure

ha
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Moonstone(f): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2009
Yes I am. Just like Nigerians who have been in Nigeria most of their lives cannot tell some European and American accents apart, so can some English ppl not tell our accents apart.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Epiphany(m): 4:32am On Apr 16, 2009
Moonstone:

Yes I am. Just like Nigerians who have been in Nigeria most of their lives cannot tell some European and American accents apart, so can some English ppl not tell our accents apart.

Let me take this a bit further - you may even be surprised that when some of the English people hear Ghanaians or Sierra Leoneans or Cameroonians speaking, they MAY think that those people are Nigerians.

I just have this bad impression that when Oyibo people see black [West] Africans misbehaving, they automatically think they are Nigerian. Such is the image we have created for ourselves
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by SapeleGuy: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2009
Let us be sensible about this. Disagreements happen the world over - as they say after conflict comes resolution. Why do all you people automatically feel ashamed when Naijas misbehave? This is unrealistic to expect every Nigerian to be Mother Theresa, in the UK fighting 100 times worse than this happens in every major city from Wednesday to Sunday every week. Even the politicians talk about it, but they never take it as a national disgrace the way we do.
It is the same way we go on about '419' - Germany have Siemens, America have Enron, Madoff etc who have stolen billions but you don't see these countries crowning themselves kings of fraud. They have high self esteem.

This isn't about ethnicity - no one can claim 100% exemplary behaviour.
If these women want to fight over chicken drumstick, goodluck to them. To be fair this wasn't much of a fight.

We have more important things to worry about. I just came back from NAIJA yesterday. I felt ashamed that in Murtala Muhammed International Airport, There was no running water in any of the toilets. Imagine the smell - How can we not have running water? I know the rest of country doesn't have but for the airport mek dem put borehole - wetin?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by scktaggif: 12:43am On Apr 19, 2009
Guys. please don't bring ethnicity into this
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by robby1(m): 3:38am On Aug 08, 2009
Lmao. You'll only see this in barking, woolwhich or canning town area. Too many nigerians there lol. I wish i was there to witness this first hand.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by alias64: 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2009
[b]It seems no one informed some of you young people making statements such as, "you are ashamed of being Nigerians because of the behaviour of these girls ", that it has been established in the Black Movement, and well known in most Nigerian cultures(Tribs) that it is  inferior sentiment to want to tailor your behaviour in order to be liked.  The type of people labelled COONS were just such people who in the plantation economy acted in ways that attempted to please the plantation owners. Now, while it is good to obey the laws of the country where you reside and good to try to be as neighbourly as you can be, there is a fine line to walk between law abiding and Coonish behaviour. 

It is within the culture of most Nigerian tribes to be true to ourselves and not be mindful of trying to please people so that we can be patted on the heads like good Coons. This is the difference between Nigerians and Ghanaians. This is why Nigerians tend to appear forthright somtimes. Unfortunately, what is happening is that Nigerians are beginning to forget their cultural heritages this is why more and more young Nigerians are sounding apologetic.[/b]

I think the behaviour of those girls is appalling and unladylike but that is they. I am proud of being a Nigerian because of our unapologetic spirit, Nigerians will always be the Africans who create something new because we’ll never wait around for the permission of whites.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Jakumo(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2009
In my opinion the greatest sin of those two women is their extreme obesity and shocking physical ugliness.

Haven't these people ever heard of physical exercise ?

Oh, I forgot, lard-hippos like that actually consider stuffing their faces with mountains of fatty foods to be a form of exercise.

Brings to mind that old saying :  Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is TO THE BONE !

Ha ha fight on, you disgusting fat slobs, and you might get hired as Sumo wrestlers in Japan.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by robby1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2009
angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by kshow1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2009
scktaggif:

Guys. please don't bring ethnicity into this

Guys, they look at all of us (Nigerians) as one and same.
Am highly disappointed by the actions of these ladies displaying their stupidity in public.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by redsun(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2009
Jakumo:

In my opinion the greatest sin of those two women is their extreme obesity and shocking physical ugliness.

Haven't these people ever heard of physical exercise ?

Oh, I forgot, lard-hippos like that actually consider stuffing their faces with mountains of fatty foods to be a form of exercise.

Brings to mind that old saying :  Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is TO THE BONE !

Ha ha fight on, you disgusting fat slobs, and you might get hired as Sumo wrestlers in Japan. 

Jakumo,why do you think they are in a fast food joint?all they eat is grease,that is why they are fat.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by whiteroses(f): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2009
one day i board a bus with a nigerian woman and she requested child ticket for her daughter but driver insisted her duaghter is not a kid and dint giver her the change she wanted, if you see how she was shouting and hooting like a monkey in yoruba accent, *dont mess with me oh, how dare you hold my change, i'm not normal o, better give me my change! that driver quickly gave her her change, she then started speaking yoruba on the phone shouting "ahh bukola ma binu driver were yii lo n gbemu, mo yaa se were fun" lol my sister wanted to melt but i was laughing to cover my embarassment embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Live Updates From The Launch Of #ChangeBeginsWithMe Campaign / Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha / Buhari’s Visit: Plateau Govt Declares Thursday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.