Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,535 members, 7,917,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:43 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1365919 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good evening all, please what’s with this new 20 days and counting wait, any solution after calling them,I have called 2ce.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ggoldmine(f): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Please, what were you told when you called them? When did you do your biometrics?

joyivro:
Good evening all, please what’s with this new 20 days and counting wait, any solution after calling them,I have called 2ce.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
Standard is 15workings
Priority 5-7 working days
Super Priority 24hours.
Which category are you?
Working days only, excluding weekends and holidays.
Besides its a peak season for Tier 4 Visas.
joyivro:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chidarlus(m): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Interesting comment in bold .... do they ask for source of money and how the money was made ?

Or the primary focus is just the ability to show you have the money for at least 28 days

Cc justwise
I was asked what I do for a living(since I was self funding), and my monthly salary and how my proposed studies could possibly lead to a change in salary when I also mentioned “salary increment” as one of the reasons why I want to go for further studies.
NB: please always have an explanation for any money in your account especially if you re self-funding. They may or may not ask you sha...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chidarlus(m): 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thanks... this is noted

If a man is travelling with his wife and daughter and the source of fund if asked is stated that his brother who is living in the UK sent it. I wonder if that would be an issue

Sounds suspicious if you ask me though....his brother could ask for return of funds immediately after the 28days or immediately he gets to the UK...leaving with no financial power to carter for his studies and dependants.

The man should state that he works na and have been saving money for a long time and he should be careful when asked how much he earns monthly ....and should totally avoid saying anything about “salary increment” as a reason why he is going for further studies as it may prompt series of questions that could lead to queries about what he does for a living
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Berryabel: 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
I got my passport today, granted! �‍♀️

Here's my timeline...

Biometrics : 16th Sept (Superpriority)
Transferred DMC: 16th Sept
Sheffield received app mail: 16th Sept
Deferred complex /not straightforward mail :16th Sept
Missed Call from DMC: 16th Sept
Another call for interview: 17th Sept (1hr4mins)
Received at DMC: 17th Sept
Transferred VAC: 20th Sept
Received VAC: 20th Sept
TLS pickup mail: 2hrs later

I thought to share so someone waiting won't be as panicky as I was.�

Big thanks to Zoey, Bizbloke, Chidarlus, and Dami... You guys rock!

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thanks... this is noted

If a man is travelling with his wife and daughter and the source of fund if asked is stated that his brother who is living in the UK sent it. I wonder if that would be an issue

Surely it will be an issue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

Surely it will be an issue

chidarlus:

The man should state that he works na and have been saving money for a long time and he should be careful when asked how much he earns monthly ....and should totally avoid saying anything about “salary increment” as a reason why he is going for further studies as it may prompt series of questions that could lead to queries about what he does for a living

Thanks........ are we saying in UK you cannot school based on family funds. Ie money gotten from Siblings or inheritance . The money required to show is a lot so i would have thought its ok to be sponsored by a sibling or uncle as long as the fund is in the applicants bank account

I wonder if paying the school fees before submitting the application will help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thanks........ are we saying in UK you cannot school based on family funds. Ie money gotten from Siblings or inheritance . The money required to show is a lot so i would have thought its ok to be sponsored by a sibling or uncle as long as the fund is in the applicants bank account

Tie 4 student rule is very clear on that..only your mother, father or legal guidance can sponsor an applicant

Paying school fees before submitting application will not make much of a difference because the school will still take their money during orientation anyway. Hardly will they allow you to pay by installment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Plus21: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
Zoey1:
Standard is 15workings Priority 5-7 working days Super Priority 24hours. Which category are you? Working days only, excluding weekends and holidays. Besides its a peak season for Tier 4 Visas.

please is November and December also peak season for tier 4?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Congrats
Berryabel:

Here's my timeline...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
Yes for those resuming in January.
And also those spending Christmas in the UK.
For Nov/Dec not only Tier 4.
Plus21:

please is November and December also peak season for tier 4?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Maxihyfr: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
hosey:
Prospective UK students

It is wise to defer your admission and visa process to next year if you are applying for one year Masters program so that you can be eligible to apply for the two years post study work visa after your studies.

For two years Master, Undergraduate and PhD, you can study this year to benefit.

The UK education sector is elated that post-study work rights are set to be offered to international students for two years post-graduation, with students graduating in the 2020/21 academic year set to benefit from this new immigration rule.

I am to start in January.. would I benefit from it? 1year msc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nerobliss(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
I did biometric on the 11th at Abuja for priority service, no word yet. Still showing 3/6. Has anyone received feedback for priority service for the above date? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Elmariachi2017(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
How did U track your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damilolaoluwa: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
Berryabel:

Here's my timeline...

Congrats dearie. I am so happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BizBloke(m): 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
Berryabel:

Here's my timeline...

Congrats. Success.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nerobliss(m): 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
Elmariachi2017:
How did U track your application

Via TLS website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chucksbadt(m): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
ggoldmine:
Hello. Please, was the reason for the delay mentioned to you? Could you share the UKVI number you called? Thank you.

UKVI No:

+442034811736
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jamiel89: 11:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
Same with my sis, their priority is annoying now. Looks like a scam to me smh

Nerobliss:
I did biometric on the 11th at Abuja for priority service, no word yet. Still showing 3/6. Has anyone received feedback for priority service for the above date? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wyclephy(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations.
When are you travelling and which airline?

Berryabel:

Here's my timeline...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Godson214(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2019
What is this Superpriority all about and how do I apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
ggoldmine:
Please, what were you told when you called them? When did you do your biometrics?

Biometrics since 23rd August, and they said a decision has been made since 12th September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
Zoey1:
Standard is 15workings
Priority 5-7 working days
Super Priority 24hours.
Which category are you?
Working days only, excluding weekends and holidays.
Besides its a peak season for Tier 4 Visas.
Standard priority appointment 23rd August, said decision has been made since 12th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ggoldmine(f): 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
joyivro:

Biometrics since 23rd August, and they said a decision has been made since 12th September.

Whoa! If you live in Lagos, maybe you should visit the VAC to check. I'm still waiting, did biometrics on Aug 30.
What is happening really? I don't understand. Priority service users receive theirs immediately the decision is made, so why should it be different for standard service? I'm beginning to think this TLS VACs are somewhat unreliable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
From most cases this season , the delay had been on the part of TLS.
So do yourself a favour by going to TLS to inquire.
How do you mean Standard Priority?

joyivro:

Standard priority appointment 23rd August, said decision has been made since 12th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
Zoey1:
From most cases this season , the delay had been on the part of TLS.
So do yourself a favour by going to TLS to inquire.
How do you mean Standard Priority?

A mistake normal standard,have been there it’s not there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by assumpta1: 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thank you.
justwise:

You don't have to but state where you plan to stay before getting permanent place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by assumpta1: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thank you. I just sent a mail via your profile. Please check.
Goldengift94:
we didn't submit any document for proof of accommodation but theres a place where you will be asked about accommodation plan while filling the application form..hubby wrote " I will be staying with my wife in an hotel for few days before we complete our accommodation arrangement.
Hope this help..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chidarlus(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Dearie you can school base on family funds in your father’s bank account and inheritance in your own bank account!. Just like the German block account , UKVI wants to be sure you will have every access to the fund hence the rules about your parents been your sponsor.
Although you can be sponsored by any member of your family but as long as UKVI tier 4 policies are concerned, you must prove you have / will have access to the said money by allowing it stay in your account or parents account.

Paying the fees before submitting the form(visa application you mean abi?) can actually help in reducing how much you need to show in your account.
NB: please for those people that will borrow money put in d account and after 28days , return it to the owners. Be warned that it’s impossible to work and pay for maintenance and tuition as an international students and if along the line you re unable to pay your tuition installment as of when it’s due...na straight deportation oo!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaFash91(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
Have been trying to call ukvi, but after have been transferred, they always say my card transactions been declined
Have tried two different cards n both are activated for web transactions

So I don't know what the probs is!!

Its already 10 working days after biometrics and my application hasn't been transferred back to VAC.
Pls anyone who's called shld tell me exactly how u logged in ur card details. Tnx
P.S: I put in my application through the priority service

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.