Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,476 members, 7,897,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1360592 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by reincarnation: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2020
caleb00:
Wait so SPV applicants can select the next available standard appointment and go for their biometric as soon as possible? So even if the next available standard appointment is in February i can walk in the next working day? Please some balance me
Yes you can walk in. You will pay 42,000 at the reception when you walk in. POS, not cash.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sunshine21: 10:24am On Jan 18, 2020
Hello everyone, please can anyone confirm if money market funds statements are acceptable for UK study visa processing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2020
Your contributions will highly be appreciated ��� @ justwise @ my brothers in the house.biko some should say something

Fwaz:
Morning guys!!
Need an advice please
I'm going for an Msc in uk on Tetfund sponsorship, I went for standard visa and I submitted my school award letter in place of bank statements which I believe is ok.. Did my biometric/interview on 17/12/2019 and I got the not straight forward message from Sheffield on 9/01/2020.
I placed a call on ukvi yesterday and I was told decision has not been taken and they will escalate it.
My induction just ended this week and lectures will commence this coming Monday that's 20th..

My latest date is 02/02/2020

My question is
Do ukvi contact TetFund for verification because I don't know why the whole thing is taking much time?
I gat friends from my school on the same Tetfund award and their Visa has been approved though only mine was send to Sheffield because I received both the "application transferred to Sheffield for decision making and not straight forward message" and non of them did.

Please help a frustrated soul☹️☹️☹️I'm tensed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1stdami(m): 11:02am On Jan 18, 2020
Fwaz:
Morning guys!!
Need an advice please
I'm going for an Msc in uk on Tetfund sponsorship, I went for standard visa and I submitted my school award letter in place of bank statements which I believe is ok.. Did my biometric/interview on 17/12/2019 and I got the not straight forward message from Sheffield on 9/01/2020.
I placed a call on ukvi yesterday and I was told decision has not been taken and they will escalate it.
My induction just ended this week and lectures will commence this coming Monday that's 20th..

My question is
Do ukvi contact TetFund for verification because I don't know why the whole thing is taking much time?
I gat friends from my school on the same Tetfund award and their Visa has been approved though only mine was send to Sheffield because I received both the "application transferred to Sheffield for decision making and not straight forward message" and non of them did.

Every application is different in it own way.

The fact that your friend didn’t get a application not straight forward mail doesn’t mean you wouldn’t get also. I don’t think there’s anything you can do that you haven’t done already which may be to call the uk home office. You can just ask for extension from your school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:10am On Jan 18, 2020
Fwaz:
Morning guys!!
Need an advice please

My question is

Contact your school and ask for extension while you keep disturbing UKBA with calls and emails.

Though this is not uncommon , they most definitely going to verify your scholarship letter.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 11:11am On Jan 18, 2020
Thanks for your response..
The extension is 02/02 as specified on my CAS.

1stdami:

Every application is different in it own way.

The fact that your friend didn’t get a application not straight forward mail doesn’t mean you wouldn’t get also. I don’t think there’s anything you can do that you haven’t done already which may be to call the uk home office. You can just ask for extension from your school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Criptonyte: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2020
lovesavvi:
I tot u r going to university of chester.

Hahaha, you're very attentive I actually need accommodation anywhere from Chester to Manchester as they are closer to each other, but I would be arriving in Chester international airport and don't see how convenient it would be for me carrying my luggage's around.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Criptonyte: 11:47am On Jan 18, 2020
lovesavvi:
I tot u r going to university of chester.

Hahaha, you're very attentive I actually need accommodation anywhere from Chester to Manchester as they are closer to each other, but I would be arriving in Manchester international airport and don't see how convenient it would be for me carrying my luggage's around.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 11:48am On Jan 18, 2020
@ justwise... I appreciate your response.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2020
justwise:

Can you afford to reapply with super priority? You don't have time to go through administrative review or do standard application.

You could win the administrative review with evidence from your bank but time is against you .
You know reapplying will require another CAS from the school. How possible can this be Since my previous CAS was stated USED.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Gavrelino123: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
sunshine21:
Hello everyone, please can anyone confirm if money market funds statements are acceptable for UK study visa processing.
No way.......That's a third party Account....Even Treasury Bills/Federal Government Bonds /Fixed Deposits are all regarded as third party Account;thus, it can't be used.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chinlin: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
My people
If I want my passport to be sent directly to my address after the visa application process, how am I to pay for the courier service?
Will I be mandated to pay on my appointment day or is it optional?
How much is it by the way?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
Boldpeppy:

You know reapplying will require another CAS from the school. How possible can this be Since my previous CAS was stated USED.

If u are able to get an extension then its possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Contact your school's admission/tier 4 visa team ASAP . They can get in touch with UKVI to fast track your application.

Fwaz:
Morning guys!!
Need an advice please

My question is

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
Chinlin:
My people
If I want my passport to be sent directly to my address after the visa application process, how am I to pay for the courier service?
Will I be mandated to pay on my appointment day or is it optional?
How much is it by the way?

About 8k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
justwise:

If u are able to get an extension then its possible
I’m waiting to hear from school on Monday concerning the extension. Because I wasn’t denied visa but they stated its refused and then the decision is inconclusive because they couldn’t contact the bank. UKVI is something else they would have at least contacted me to let me know rather than wasting my time since 19th December with priority visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Paramedickelvin: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
Good afternoon Guys please I intend to apply UK Visa And my passport will expire Next Year “July” How many years validity should I have before applying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sevita: 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
Newbetterphase:

Nice to hear from you. I mean 28th of January.

Which date are you planning to travel and what's your plan for accommodation.
wow same here. See you there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sevita: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
Josephalex:
Anyone going to Northumbria university Newcastle campus this January 2020 for project management with advanced practice?
. Yes me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by NomzyJust(m): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
Paramedickelvin:
Good afternoon Guys please I intend to apply UK Visa And my passport will expire Next Year “July” How many years validity should I have before applying?

You only need 6 months validity before you can apply for visa. I see you've over one year validity. You're good to go man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by H0tbabe: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Boldpeppy:

Hi I’m unable to contact your email. Thank you
be careful, y can't everything be resolved here in the open, don't give out sensitive information, u r a good target as u r vulnerable at the moment , contact ur school and follow any instructions they give you, contact ur bank DIRECTLY as well and tell them to make themselves available on the number provided on ur statement, all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
Boldpeppy:

Hi I’m unable to contact your email. Thank you

I know you are desperate to get this resolved but at the same time don't be a victim.

Contacting the bank will not change anything since you are not going for AR.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
justwise:

I know you are desperate to get this resolved but at the same time don't be a victim.

Contacting the bank will not change anything since you are not going for AR.
I’m going for Administrative review
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
H0tbabe:
be careful, y can't everything be resolved here in the open, don't give out sensitive information, u r a good target as u r vulnerable at the moment , contact ur school and follow any instructions they give you, contact ur bank DIRECTLY as well and tell them to make themselves available on the number provided on ur statement, all the best.
Thanks for the info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
Boldpeppy:

I’m going for Administrative review

That is risky even with 14days extension..you can still give it a go..it could work out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
justwise:

That is risky even with 14days extension..you can still give it a go..it could work out.
What if my school fast track this process with UKVI?
And also if I don’t use the AR what’s gonna happen next especially when I defer the admission and reapply for another visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Celomomo: 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who has taken their time to respond to questions here.

My question is if I cam afford to pay half of my tuition 5.5k pounds for a 1 year programme before leaving Nigeria, is it possible to work to pay up the the balance?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
Boldpeppy:

What if my school fast track this process with UKVI?
And also if I don’t use the AR what’s gonna happen next especially when I defer the admission and reapply for another visa?

Your school has no such power/influence .

Nothing will happen if you don't use AR, you only need to briefly address the refusal in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2020
Celomomo:
Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who has taken their time to respond to questions here.

My question is if I cam afford to pay half of my tuition 5.5k pounds for a 1 year programme before leaving Nigeria, is it possible to work to pay up the the balance?

How much is the totally school fees?

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.