Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:32 AM

12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) (1905 Views)

Ubi Franklin With Son Jayden Ekapong Ubi-ofem, Shares Emotional Message / 12 Most Memorable Davido Moments / 12 Most Irritating Pictures Of Things Passengers Do On Flights(hillarious PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by nairaroot: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
The photographs of a three-year-old Syrian boy found dead on a beach in Turkey are among the most powerful to have emerged from Europe’s migrant crisis.

But many other moving pictures have been taken over the years, illustrating the dangers of the migrants’ journey, and sometimes the treatment they have received on arrival in Europe.

Here are 12 that have had a strong impact.

1. Juan Medina was working as a photographer for a local paper in the Canary Islands in 2004 when yet another small boat arrived, packed with

men from sub-Saharan Africa. As a Spanish Civil Guard patrol approached, it capsized and nine men drowned. Medina photographed two of the

29 survivors, Isa and Ibrahim, both from Mali, as they were pulled from the water. The shot won him a World Press Photo award the following year.

2. The Canary Islands was still one of the main destinations for African migrants two years later. By this stage the boats were often leaving from

Mauritania or even Senegal, instead of Morocco – a perilous journey across 1,000km of the Atlantic. Many people arrived starving and

dehydrated. This photograph taken on Tenerife’s La Tejita beach shows tourists trying to help a young boy, and earned Arturo Rodriguez a

World Press Photo award in 2007.

CLICK HERE TO ENJOY THE STORY AND MOST HEART WRENCHING PHOTOS THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRY:[url][/url]http://www.nairaroot.com/12-most-emotional-photos-of-migrants-crisis/#.VenC9ciL3IU

movingphotos2

Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by MISSNORA(f): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Awwwwww
Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
So sad. . .R.i.p
#Yolo
Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
hmmm...
Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by shegsrules(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
real suffering. anybody who is following the events of migrants from syria to europe go know people the really suffer oooooo.
Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
People are Suffering.... If you are comfortable be grateful. sad
Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by ednut1(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
the usa nd its European allies are gonna pay for thier insolence, saddam, ghadaffi, al assad etc had thier countries under control till this oil thieves came along. part of the results na him be dis. touching

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Emotional Pictures Of Europe’s Migrants That Made Me Cry(warning PHOTOS) by ebamma(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
war is no fun,

Many of this guys hopping on rickety to Europe, Many might have been doctors, engineers, successful businessmen etc,

Many of them have lost their homes,

Savings, parents, kids, wives etc,
I can't even start to imagine the kind of emotional trauma this guys must be going through,

And the saddest thing is,

God keeps watching

(1) (Reply)

Photos From The Coronation Of Olu Of Warri / Popular Actor, Aina Gold Gives Out Free Land At His Estate / MI Abaga And Jesse Jagz Receives Official Portraits [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.