Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:06 PM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (37937 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Neplusultra(f): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2015
@OP, Tell her to go and f**k herself if she can't contribute for the upkeep of the family! imagine?!
She hasn't eaten for years!!! grin angry Make dat hunger kill am!!!! Hediot!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by felphenix: 9:36am On Sep 09, 2015
Friend, Women would always nag, it is one of their properties however a rule of the thumb is to make sure you are accountable and she knows your paycheck and pay. When the money comes she is aware/involved in the distribution. it will save you and your marriage!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Guyman02: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2015
Kimoni:
OP, I advise that you involve her more in financial matters. Let her know the total income the family makes and how it is spent. Take monetary decisions together and she won't have any cause to whine about you being broke.

I suspect she doesn't know how much you earn and she feels you can do much more than you are doing now. Or maybe there is something you are spending on that she doesn't believe in.

Again, since she is the type that complains a lot about money, tell her to get a job/start a biz and use the income to meet her needs.

Even if she knows how much you earn, she will be asking you Dont you think you are wasting your time on that job? meanwhile her own income is strictly for her.
Stand your ground and avoid discussing with her at NIGHT when you know you cant walk out of the house if she starts her nagging, discuss serious issues with her only during the day time when you can easily leave the house and go watch Chelsea against Arsenal with a bottle of beer and come back and ignore her nagging. I faced a similar situation like you.
Stand your ground and dont go borrowing because of her as she will not understanding and will even use it to abuse you.
She says she regrets the marriage because she probably still communicates with her ex lover who tells her beautiful stories.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by tjdimmy(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2015
From all indication, she isn't a working class lady, let her get a job and see how difficult it is to make money. A woman should be a helper to her Husband, and not a drain through which his resources are drained. My sincere advice to you is, don't let your wife push you, be the man of the house and make her appreciate the things you do, marriage is not a bed of roses.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by joe4live: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2015
if you are broke visit visit the first stream of income here, never again will you get broken www.ideasrule.org
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2015
Just do this is simple though u shld have done it since; sit her down n tell her that u people are now married that life can never be as wen u were dating whether her or anybody, that from henceforth going out for shopping and flirting is completely reduced, luxurious life reduced... Now both of u have to plan together as husband and wife, then tell her yr income the amount u wish, let her know she have to let u save and not all the time dry cleaner will wash clothes then if she display unhappiness towards yr speech don't mind from next day start acting it u will c that one day she will praise u. But ensure u will be saving and be communicating that u are saving but don't let her know the amount so she won't bring serious problems from her side... If she like money she can't nag u knowing u have savings somewhere.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Bishop(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

You are just 10 months old in your marriage and you are bound to start experiencing things like this,it is called revelation time,before now the two of you had not been truthful to each other, however,there are ways you can talk to your wife with and in love to correct this nagging attitude.but note that there are also certain things you need to correct.

From your explanation above it seems your wife is a sit at home wife and while you too are the salary type.Think about it if peradventure you are not paid for 4 months how would you feed your wife and family if the baby(ies) starts coming.

The Love you proclaimed to your wife is in your pocket and not in your heart.I trust that you understand my little proverbial advice

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

is she a full time housewife or she has a job/business.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Godsprincess1: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Its easy to conclude that she is a gold digger. Truth is every woman wants some form of financial security from her man evin if she is super rich.
Does the man also include her in his financial plans, so that she knows the true state of things?
Finally does he also allow her contribute? some men out of ego or pride do not allow their wives to contribute they always want to control everything and feel inferior when a woman also has a say
Marriage is two becoming one, its a joint affair. Not a one man show. So look deep you might just be the cause of her nagging, if truly she is or maybe just expressing her concerns/fear

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake

Do pregnant women nag? I any further explanation!
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by sunsewa: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=Poseidon000 post=37812444][size=13pt]
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.
[/size]
[/quot

This also is my advice, but I thought the trend now is that women assist their husband in family running financially, be a man,now is still morning, at least no kid on board.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by andreernest28(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2015
Man i feel ur pain,is ur wify an igbo lady?every tribe has different settings for difference values in life.the norms and culture all play a great role in marriages today.just pray and work harder.i pray God help you
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by DedeNkem: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:

You married a gold-digger! Gold-diggers don't make good wives!
That's the problem with some men, they st*upidly marry because of looks not minding terrible personality.

You must have enticed her with money and then she married you hoping the money will continue to be showed on her. Whether you'll believe it or not, she's now regretting marrying you because she's not getting the material stuff she hoped for. Not all women are marriageable and not all women can make good wives.

By the way, does she work? Marriage is about collective contribution both financially and otherwise, to make the union work. I guess she expects you to take care of her financially while she practically do nothing to assist.

My candid advice to you is to END the marriage now, if you don't want your life shortened! Don't mind the money you wasted in marrying her, see it as a sacrifice. She is not a good wife and will NEVER be. She verbally attacks you and makes fun of you for being broke, I'm sure that's NOT a quality of a good wife. There are millions of good women out there willing to make any man happy.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Amhappy(f): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2015
I thought they said making money is the man's responsibility while home keeping is the wife's. If you nag your wife for not keeping your house clean,not cooking food etc,everybody will still blame her. Now that she nags you for not living up to your traditional responsibility,she is now a bad woman. Ok oooooooo.

Tunder wey go fire anyone that will quote me is doing press up grin grin grin

#sad_day_just_feeling_like_yanning_rubbish#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Joy1706(f): 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
vani86:
Feel for you bro. Juat 10 months and it is like this, what will happen if god forbid you lose your job.

Is she working, if she aint contributing to the marriage in anyway knowing how hard naija is. Tell her to shut the fo.ck up.

If she said she have not eaten in 4 years tell her another 4 years wont kill her.

This is how men die before their time and what will she do? Move on to the next man immediately
Is it her responsibility to provide for the family? Lazy men everywhere

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Joy1706(f): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Flashh:
Silly stuffs like these are the reason why some men aren't planning for marriage.

She won't die if she assist the family financially instead of her nagging and stop being a leech.

If a man fails being a husband definitely a woman fails being a wife.

I'm gonna say you married the wrong woman bro!
You don't say! But you men will die ba if you assist your wives with chores. I know it's not related. #justsaying
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by hob(m): 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
women and palava
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by brownsug(f): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Babe u get sense na d real reason be dis
Walahi ta truth

bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by frankiemorasky(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=BRAVAGAD0O post=37812069]Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

just seek the face of all powerful God
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by cannanland(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Then go find money,u should have known d kind of girl she was before marriage
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by CaptPlanet(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
The jobless ones (wives) are the worst kind.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by GOFRONT(m): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
But from d Story, dis broda is a salary Earner........ Wish I can hear d Naggin Woman's Side of d Story b4 I preside over dis matter!!!!!!!! #BothsideofthestoryisveryImportant
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by vani86: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Joy1706:

Is it her responsibility to provide for the family? Lazy men everywhere

its her responsibility to contribute to the welfare of the family, and not nag at every opportunity when things aint going well but be supportive.

lazy ass gold digging bit.ches everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
lastpage:

I just wonder at those who make excuses for "untrustworthiness and unreliability" in a marriage were TRUST and being RELIABLE are the Pillars?
Being broke or even being poor is not a crime afterall, we cant all be rich and no one has told me that poor people are not supposed to have a family?
Marriage is termed "for better, for worse" when you say "i do" yet here are some "silly men" making excuse for and even blaming the husband for the wife's "treacherous behaviour"? I can understand "some" Nairaland women, their post is a reflection of their own moral values, if they have any .... but these pussy-whipped" men really annoy me

How about if it was the man who is nagging simply because his wife "falls short" in some areas (e.g if she is a terrible cook) .... would they roundly condemn the woman or ask the man to stop nagging and buy her a cookery book or even suggest he learn how to cook himself ?
Why cant we use the same yardstick we use for one gender, for the other gender.... afterall, we all go around parroting "equality of gender"?

You need to see the statistics (and why) men die earlier than women, despite the fact that it is women that do things that have a detrimental effect on longevity (periods, menopause, childbirth, e.t.c)!
The reason is that "some men", urged on by some women, have placed undue burden and stress on their own life (wanting to "be the man and impress women"wink by slaving away, trying to acquire vanities and money, just to please their women, who are forever demanding and would not move a toe for them if places are swapped..... and end-up paying dearly for it with reduced life-span.

I am sure we all know what l am talking about here so dont let us pretend. Dying from "stress-induced heart attack" is not what makes you a man! What about the children who lost a father too early, do they deserve that in life?

Men should understand that their is a limit you can use all your life to chase money/wealth because you want to impress an "insatiable woman" who demands more and more from you (directly or indirectly using subtle methods like nagging) while you work your self to death because you want to meet up and be considered a real man.
That is stewpid, if you ask me because if after stressing your life out, you acquire all the "wealth" and lose your life early (45 -55 years), the nice one will mourn you for three months before deciding its time to move on with another man (the wicked ones are already doing it with the next man when they complain you are not doing marathon in bed, forgetting that a man that is stressed-out all the time will have his libido affected!).

WHO THEN IS THE LOSER HERE?

Brothers, be wise!
Be hard-working, be financially prudent, provide for your family's "reasonable" needs, within the limits of your power and health.

Take your personal health seriously, Rest very well at intervals, Exercise a lot (if she would let you have the time), dont be a glutton (that protruding stomach is NOT a sign of wealth, it is a disease and a ticket to shortened life span!), eat right and dont let your wife feed you with stuff that shortens your life (intentionally or otherwise.... like too much fatty food. Some women are known to intentionally "force-feed" their husbands to look/be unattractive and unhealthy!)... and take "breaks" from all strenuous activities" every now and then, to "recharge" your batteries.

I tell you, if like me you look so good (physically, mentally & health-wise) that people think you are twenty years younger, your wife cant keep nagging you because she is aware that if she does, she will be "throwing away" what other ladies who are thirty years younger than her, will grab with both hands. Its a reality of life.

Caveat: My wife is a major contributor to my fitness and stress-free life (one of a kind kiss ......damn!..she will read this comment before tomorrow or next! grin ) so l give credit to whom and where it deserves.... and she is reaping the "benefits" and will, till death do us apart. kiss kiss

But hey, take your life into your hands and stop being a whimp...... .this only one life!

Lastpage!
Sir. This is really fantastic. Too much Political correctness in the society does not teach one to be mindful of REALITY. As for the pussi-beggars, getting laid is their primary concern so they careless about anything other than beg for it(pussi) by supportin' it(pussi) with their dishonest logic. Seriously, i would say the more women will nag the more cun.t worshippers problem will improve.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ibk4luv(m): 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I will give you 2 pragmatic options that you can use

1. Anytime she starts her nagging, increase the volume of the music that it becomes deafening loud and drowns her voice. You can play personally by psquare or shakitibobo by olamide then start dancing while ignoring her

2.leave the house for her anytime you are broke and go and stay with a friend. When she doesn't see you for a while she'll start to behave herself

by the way what does she even nag about sef because if a man is nagging you'll tag it as complaining, if a woman is always repeating herself regularly you'll tag it as nagging

. Are you sure there's nothing you're doing to that woman to make her continually because women don't nag for nothing

please I beg 2 disagree that women don't nag 4 nothing .... cos they do, it's in them and it's like an in built nature rather say u don't know women .... it explains it
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Flashh: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Joy1706:

You don't say! But you men will die ba if you assist your wives with chores. I know it's not related. #justsaying
Thank God you knew you're off-point.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ibk4luv(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Amhappy:
I thought they said making money is the man's responsibility while home keeping is the wife's. If you nag your wife for not keeping your house clean,not cooking food etc,everybody will still blame her. Now that she nags you for not living up to your traditional responsibility,she is now a bad woman. Ok oooooooo.

Tunder wey go fire anyone that will quote me is doing press up grin grin grin
the

#sad_day_just_feeling_like_yanning_rubbish#

lol .... if he has not that's a different case na but just rainy days that things ain't that smooth and she go dey shout ? if u dey your always and u no do am 1 day he won't nag na but if u don't always na war be that .... just saying 2 ooo
plus I dodge the thunder strike ooooo with sumasault and jet Li takweando moves
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Olukat(m): 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
My brother work hard and smart too.
Nobody is happy been broke but sometimes you can't help it.
Don't be too mad with your wife.
Good luck!
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by DOMAN: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sorry i should have replied you earlier but I have not seen your post in time.
My bro I feel you.
From long experience with a woman like yours, the only advice I can give is "Walk Away"
Consider the marriage, expenses and emotions involved is a hardship time you had gone throug, a heavy loss and pray God to compensate you.
Do not deceive yourself that she will adjust, nor listen to a family member or a friend to be patient.
You will strongly regret when you can not correct it, when you have children and your bordun will be unbearable but you can not "Walk Away" so you will not hurt the little inocent creatur.
Mostly you did the same mistake when you showered her with money before marriage.
Well, no use of regretting.
I hope you will do the only logic and senseable think to do before it is late
"WALK AWAY"
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by PhillyBrav0(f): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
Oh really he told u guys his part n u guys just concluded dat am d bad one right? Is not a problem. I am not a full house wife people, I work monday to friday n work extra just for us to be ok, yeah I said ok. He has not been working for over 6months n u ar here telling me dat I am nagging when a woman complain n try to make d family move forward so dat means she is nagging. Am sorry for dose people dat said am bad tank u so much. I love dis man my husband n nothing will make me leave my marriage. God bless n tank u all for ur time

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bukatyne(f): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
cococandy:
If you people have divided roles that you must provide and she must face the home keeping, then don't complain that she's nagging.
Do your own part.
I'm sure you will nag her if she doesn't cook for 3days.

When they tell people to relax their rigid rules of who does what in the home, they will think someone wants to divide their home.

If she doesn't see you as sole provider, why would she have problem bringing her own money to supplement your income?

You really read my mind.

How is the home run in the first place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With My Mom? / 4 Women Claim To Be MIC Okusanya's Wives / My Wife Lives With Lover, But I Still Want Her Back’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.