Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (38139 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bukatyne(f): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

OP, this woman claims to be your wife. Is this the truth?

PhillyBrav0:
Oh really he told u guys his part n u guys just concluded dat am d bad one right? Is not a problem. I am not a full house wife people, I work monday to friday n work extra just for us to be ok, yeah I said ok. He has not been working for over 6months n u ar here telling me dat I am nagging when a woman complain n try to make d family move forward so dat means she is nagging. Am sorry for dose people dat said am bad tank u so much. I love dis man my husband n nothing will make me leave my marriage. God bless n tank u all for ur time
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Ewuro4: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmm she no get work? What does she bring to the table herself Abi na gimmegimme kinda contract you signed?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
What you get when you used Money to Marry a bi*ch. Advice: Never be broke at any cost. smiley
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by faithbibi(f): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Marriage is not for kids, it's for matured minds. You know why? You tend to go through lots of things. Inshort, I define marriage as an unfinished course. You don't have to bring your marriage here to seek for advice. I believe you are a man, to prove that, you have to learn how to manage your home. It's just like you managing a very big organisation, and it's about to liquidate, what will you do? Even if you need to seek advice as a manager, will you run to public? Please be wise and don't allow people insult your wife here. Your marriage is just 10 months. You can make it perfect
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by thelish(f): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.
[/size]
It seems u know d woman more than her husband ooo. U never see person once, just with this little information about her, you have written her biography, whether true or not.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by PhillyBrav0(f): 4:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
faithbibi:
Marriage is not for kids, it's for matured minds. You know why? You tend to go through lots of things. Inshort, I define marriage as an unfinished course. You don't have to bring your marriage here to seek for advice. I believe you are a man, to prove that, you have to learn how to manage your home. It's just like you managing a very big organisation, and it's about to liquidate, what will you do? Even if you need to seek advice as a manager, will you run to public? Please be wise and don't allow people insult your wife here. Your marriage is just 10 months. You can make it perfect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by thelish(f): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
What was d foundation of ur relationship like? I know a friend who entice a girl with money, He can even borrow just to impress d girl, I warned him dat u don't front money as a basis for a girl to accept u, talk to her as u are, becos wen u can't meet up anymore with dis ur cheerful giver attitude, she will surely leave u. Woman wey love u in poverty will love u more in riches not d other way round. Finally they broke up, cos bros couldn't meet up anymore. its now he knows d babe is extravagant. I just hope ur case didn't start like this.
Give her the feeding money to manage, so dat wen e finish, she will know how come. Na pikin wey dey thief for house, mama dey give her money hold.
Also allow her get a job, so she can know d value of each cash she is spending. She might feel like taking cornflakes every morning, but d moment she start hustle, she go substitute to garri n milk. By then, she sees d two as same. God will give u both wisdom to run ur home successfully. Also, don't allow her have gbogbo bigs girls kinda friends o.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by thelish(f): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
cococandy:
If you people have divided roles that you must provide and she must face the home keeping, then don't complain that she's nagging.
Do your own part.
I'm sure you will nag her if she doesn't cook for 3days.

When they tell people to relax their rigid rules of who does what in the home, they will think someone wants to divide their home.

If she doesn't see you as sole provider, why would she have problem bringing her own money to supplement your income?
Cococandy has spoken. lol@ if she doesn't cook for three days.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by thelish(f): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Its on thread like this, u see most nairaland men display intelligence in writing. Some have condemned d woman already without a second thought.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by harveyspec: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

I have some questions, cos your post is inadequate to proffer solution

Q1.did you give her the impression that you were loaded before marriage

Q2.did you always meet her every need & demands before marriage

Q3. Whenever u were low on cash, did she nag before marriage

Q4. Is she the type that naturally likes money, good things, good life?

If the answer to all my questions is a resounding YES, then my advice is bro "CARRY YOUR CROSS"

There is little you can do, even to bring God into this picture, it will take a lot of faith & patience on your part.

You have moulded her into this, there is a saying "don't start what you can't finish"

The courtship period is the period to lay boundaries & mould your partner into what u want or desire with compromises atimes.

BUT

if the answers to my above questions is NO, then check her friends or the persons who are advising her!! Most likely a newly found friendship or acquaintance

If you find any, ensure you Cut her off from them

Then a heart to heart communication with her & begin a deliberate & conscious effort to retrain her!!

It will take patience on ur part!!

Men hate emasculation alot, hope u don't degenerate into beating!!!
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by SAMBARRY: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
ibk4luv:

please I beg 2 disagree that women don't nag 4 nothing .... cos they do, it's in them and it's like an in built nature rather say u don't know women .... it explains it
no woman nags for nothing. Any woman who nags for nothing is an attention seeking mad woman. Quote me anywhere. I said so
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Roadmap27(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
I bet it that is not wife for a man who is keen for better marital future, most men die @ 45, 50 for this reason! Kind of woman that love to pressurize their husband to make provision @ all cost. My broda u will too gentle to keep her n it bigger risk for ur future.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Aude(f): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Abbey2sam:
i

It's Ball down

The correct expression is "It boils down ..."
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Abbey2sam(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aude:

The correct expression is "It boils down ..."

That was what I meant to write sha
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

LEmme guess
Like cover her face with a pillow while she sleeps
if he wants to yes

thats better than jus complaining about her complaining.... i like action not pointless words grin
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by xtervaganza(m): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:

bros, i sh1t you not, you dont have a wife

you married the wrong woman
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
I'm sure u ggot her from one lokah village in Igboland and u now base in lagos.

Guys, pls b careful of who u marry. Avoid marrying an undergraduate cos most of them don't let sch pass thru them. I swear, this my guy don go marry stack illiterate. I wish it was possible to revoke marriage vows, but...oboi! This is no going back! Straighten up and do ur best, she's a wife and she shud help with the rest.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Joy1706(f): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
Flashh:

Thank God you knew you're off-point.

Besides... Can I PM you?
Lol. If u want
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Joy1706(f): 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
vani86:

its her responsibility to contribute to the welfare of the family, and not nag at every opportunity when things aint going well but be supportive.

lazy ass gold digging bit.ches everywhere.
She contributes to the welfare at the home front e.g cooking good food. You lazy ass men should handle the finances. After all you're the 'head' of the home ba?

Abi na jst 4 mouth

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by JumiaQuickSales(f): 12:03am On Sep 10, 2015
Why wont she nag
in marriage, money is to a woman what food is to a man!

if she doesnt cook, will you applaud her

everybody is here now criticizing her because its a woman. if it was her who is failing in her duty now, she will still be the one to be condemned. now, everyone expects her to manage with you.

oga, get off nairaland and go and make money to make your wife comfortable jare. tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Aude(f): 12:30am On Sep 10, 2015
Joy1706:

She contributes to the welfare at the home front e.g cooking good food. You lazy ass men should handle the finances. After all you're the 'head' of the home ba?

Abi na jst 4 mouth

I can't believe that in this day and age women still reason like this. So how do you buy the food to cook? What if a husband loses his job or worse dies, how would the wife take care of the family? Instead of watching Telemundo and nollywood movies, a woman can go to work and help support the family.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by DOMAN: 3:09am On Sep 10, 2015
PhillyBrav0:
Oh really he told u guys his part n u guys just concluded dat am d bad one right? Is not a problem. I am not a full house wife people, I work monday to friday n work extra just for us to be ok, yeah I said ok. He has not been working for over 6months n u ar here telling me dat I am nagging when a woman complain n try to make d family move forward so dat means she is nagging. Am sorry for dose people dat said am bad tank u so much. I love dis man my husband n nothing will make me leave my marriage. God bless n tank u all for ur time

Is that true?!!
Is her side of the story is correct? !!
I advised you to walk away; divorse her depending on your story, assuming you was honest enough to tell the truth.
You be not worked for 6 months out of10 months marriage, she works and supports the family and you still have the guts to complain?!! Are you nut
Either your head is not correct or the whole story is BLOODY FAKE from a jobless
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by vani86: 7:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Joy1706:

Abi na jst 4 mouth

See your pea brain. Cooking food is contributing to the family.

I will go on 100 days fasting not to meet girls that are not ambitious like you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Joy1706(f): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2015
vani86:

See your pea brain. Cooking food is contributing to the family.

I will go on 100 days fasting not to meet girls that are not ambitious like you.
Lmao! Na u get pea brain. If it's not contribution, why do you nag about women cooking good food. Abi u think it's easy?

Whether I'm ambitious or not, providing for the family is the MAN'S responsibility.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Joy1706(f): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Aude:

I can't believe that in this day and age women still reason like this. So how do you buy the food to cook? What if a husband loses his job or worse dies, how would the wife take care of the family? Instead of watching Telemundo and nollywood movies, a woman can go to work and help support the family.
Why should she work and then come back home to the stress of cooking and house keeping? Is she the 'head' of the home? Husbands and Wives are not partners na. Each person should carry out his or her duties. He should sit up and be the MAN
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by freshvine(f): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2015
Op it natural for some women to behave that way.
The moment they realize it's paycheck day the began to "honey, darling, sweetheart" their men and loving increase until when the salary wind down due to their extravagant demands. During the lack period you will notice some attitude that will "shock" you and make you question if she ever loved you.

My dear a lot of ladies nowadays marry for FINANCIAL SECURITY and not love. Where you work or the job you do determine if a lady will say Yes to your proposal. Imagine the frustration telling her story that the windfall she had hoped and pray for is just trickling.

Men should as a matter of necessity marry only working class ladies. I don't get it when a young man set for marriage will look for an undergraduate or a jobless woman. How do you intend to run your home in this harsh economy because this is no longer the 60s or 70s. You will end up having no savings or getting your own property.

The remedy to this nonsense is to marry a working class woman or set up business for her to inject into the family instead of being a leakage.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by vani86: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
Joy1706:

Lmao! Na u get pea brain. If it's not contribution, why do you nag about women cooking good food. Abi u think it's easy?

Whether I'm ambitious or not, providing for the family is the MAN'S responsibility.

now, did you ever hear me say it is not a man's job to provide for the family, in this day and age, women contribute to the upkeep of the family, my mum has her own company and contributes her quota to the family, now will you tell me my dad is a lazy man, a suregeon with his own hospital.

it is wrong when only the man works and provide and when things aint going well for him, his wife whose ass has been home all day gossiping start nagging. pls how will the nagging help the situation
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by vani86: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Aude:

dude, dont waste your time with madam joy, i am sure thats what she will like to be called. from her conversations, you can easily conclude that she has planned a life of being a house wife that nags the husby when pepper no rest and bleep the houseboy
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Aude(f): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
vani86:

dude, dont waste your time with madam joy, i am sure thats what she will like to be called. from her conversations, you can easily conclude that she has planned a life of being a house wife that nags the husby when pepper no rest and bleep the houseboy

Thanks Vani for the heads up. Actually I am female, so I have updated my profile to reflect that.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Joy1706:

Why should she work and then come back home to the stress of cooking and house keeping? Is she the 'head' of the home? Husbands and Wives are not partners na. Each person should carry out his or her duties. He should sit up and be the MAN

You are funny cheesy
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
vani86:

She is being sarcastic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Bankole: Who Has Found This Missing Lady?! / Young Graduate Tells Shocking Story On How Her Sister Burnt All Her Credentials / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.