Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,834 members, 7,889,782 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (37942 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by 4christ4life: 1:26am On Sep 09, 2015
then teach her how to earn her own money. by so doing she would know that money isn't easy to get at all time.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Aboki4inside(m): 1:31am On Sep 09, 2015
LMAO... you dont like 3rd party and of all d places it was nairaland u came 4 advice.. grin grin I bow to thee OP

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Emilokoiyawon: 1:31am On Sep 09, 2015
cool F**K that beyatch go play. Divorce her. If she beep you don't call her. cool

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Aude(f): 1:34am On Sep 09, 2015
deebrain:

You are wrong. It is entease. That is Trick somebody.

Thanks.

If you had spent a few seconds checking a dictionary you would have found out that "entease" isn't an English word nor does it exist.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by chinchum(m): 1:41am On Sep 09, 2015
@ op. Read up the book by william shakespeare "Taming the shrew".

For others not yet married, courtship is not just about the sex, if the op had observed properly art courtship stage, his now wife would have given signs of the traits displayed by his wife, he is complaining about now.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by DoroMega: 1:42am On Sep 09, 2015
The solution is simple, stop being broke so you both can live happily ever after......

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 09, 2015
You should probably explain to her and make her understand its not your fault

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Lexusgs430: 1:50am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

Is she a working wife or housewife?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by mmsen: 2:06am On Sep 09, 2015
OP has my sympathy but wives nag even when you're not broke.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by otil1: 2:18am On Sep 09, 2015
They come in different packages, but of all, Baba God knows and all the time approves.

Therefore, just learn to carry your own cross.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by MrBasketball: 2:25am On Sep 09, 2015
adconline:
Sorry your parents didn't tell u..Marriage to most Naija girls is the easiest way to escape from poverty or to move from struggling class to comfortable classs without working so hard for it... Welcome to the club!'
That's why most of them(ladies) rush into marriage for them to rely on a man for everything... The op's wife is in disguise. One of them.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by femi4: 2:30am On Sep 09, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise entice her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Phemmy777(m): 2:43am On Sep 09, 2015
Hi friend.

Judging by what you wrote here.

These are my thoughts.

Firstly, you wife is probably regretting married to you. Because she still like talking to her ex and he might probably lieing to her that he is doing very well financially and deep inside her she regretting married to you.

Secondly. She might not even like being married now. . She might still like to be single.

Inaddition . She might be having affairs.

My advise . Try to do some digging to get more Intel on her .

Watch out.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by odinga042: 2:45am On Sep 09, 2015
I guess most people here have said enough, but I just advice dat u have to spread ur pay evenly so dat she don't even notice wen month pay hasn't come. Be prudent in ur expensis. And most importatly advice her by having tete-ate discussion with her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by femi4: 2:46am On Sep 09, 2015
Cutesexy1:
And you think the best way to resolve the issue is by bringing it to nairaland,be a man,face your family and tackle the issue squarely,marriage is not a bird of roses,you experience the good,the bad and ugly time,it is your ability to make wise decisions and stay true to yourselves that will make it work.
And whats the best way?
Take it to his pastor?
Their relatives?
Friends/colleagues?

You think we don't have brains here on Nl?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by missmary(f): 2:58am On Sep 09, 2015
BiafranNigerian:
food is smoking on the dining table and no one sees me spending money at home.

The woman manages the home, men manage the house.

You are a wisdom person...grin...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Dolypson04(m): 2:58am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

Everybody is so good at jumping into conclusion by giving ur wife a bad name. I dare to be different. Your story is one sided. Maybe you are at fault who knows?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by missmary(f): 3:03am On Sep 09, 2015
Central Solution... Talk n plan... Your wife might be a better conservator than you, dont feel you look weak if she askes you to give her the money to plan and keep... It doesnt make you less a man... Some women see things in many different ways... She might be seeing something you cant see.. Something that is monetary and can become an issue... On the other hand if shes money oriented.. I dunno o.. I cant suggest divorce.. Go to church grin...

Goodluck Op
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Seventeen(f): 3:07am On Sep 09, 2015
Haba nagging na normals na... Even though na bad habit it doesn't necessarily mean the woman is a bad wife. All of u sayin op should send her packing... Na wa oo. Even men nag wen dey are broke. Honestly lets be truthful to ourselves... Nobody behaves normal (both husband, wife & children ) during dose brief broke moments. It can be a frustrating time for the whole family. Everybody is happy again wen things get better. To me its just one of dose things oo. Op communication is the key. Correct and teach in love. How u handle it will go a long way in changing her attitude and by Gods grace she will realise dat she needs to handle such situations with maturity. In marriage, we all have our bad ways of handling different situations. Its all about growing and learning. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by zheroes(m): 3:36am On Sep 09, 2015
any woman who nags because of money isnt your wife. she no get hand, i thought they said what a man can do a woman can do better, why is she complaining, besides its the responsibility of the both of you to take care of the family, your failure as a husband is also her failure as a wife.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Jamb2016Expo: 3:36am On Sep 09, 2015
na die you dey
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Get a job for that bit.ch or send her packing.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by delors(m): 4:08am On Sep 09, 2015
What does she contribute to the marriage? Did you marry her to feed her? There seems to be a k-leg in the foundation of the union and until that is fixed, I bet you will age and probably die of depression, high BP, regret, and etc etc before u clock 40.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:

by now u wuld av get a huge number of response that will guide u to wat to do next, this may b a little late but try incorporate this to your plan and study the effect.
1. do your av a financial plan, the country situation really need you to come up with one. how mch does your household consume in a month down to a week.
2. what are youe excesses? what are does thing you think is taking away your money.
3. sit down with her after rounding this things off, she might want to add one or two things. tell are how important she is and ypu will never hurt her feelings over anything but whenever she is not happy you are not too. let her get you a list if her monthly expenses then you work things out probably when she is happy.
NEVER FORGET YOU BOTH NEED TO SAVE FOR APPRECIABLE AMOUNT THOUGH.
Godbless your marraige.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Jabioro: 4:21am On Sep 09, 2015
She is not a good woman I am sorry to say it but the truth is always bitter. ttalk to her of she want to change good for her and she want other ways round best of lucky. as from don't show her you have much again you can decided to go bed empty stomach. I'm everything now keep away your financial capacity off her. Then you can now know real love rather than rhis n lust you are practising. If nor more you want make her happy the she hurt you, she had no emotional feeling for yjw marriage and you it bitter my dear brother she make nothing at end of the day. Emere Alakisa ni oo!!!
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Originalsly: 4:34am On Sep 09, 2015
I guess you either weren't paying attention to see the signs before you got married or showered her with gifts giving her the impression that money is not a problem.....now you can't deliver. She is dissapointed and frustrated.....this is not the life she expected. She is a material girl....you can either stay with her and suffer and die.....or let her go.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ststyreal(f): 4:35am On Sep 09, 2015
richommie:
Obviously she's a gold digger.

The only way to know a good and trustworthy woman is by appearin poor
When the money comes beetch gets closer

#Yolo
Please, don't call someone's wife a gold digger. He saw her the way she was before he proposed and finally married her. Courtship period is not a guarantee time to know your partner well enough but marriage is. Oga, it seems madam isn't working hence her nagging whenever she is broke. Most people gets angry whenever they r broke, even I oftenly get sick whenever am broke, so her case isn't difference, only u have to device a means of teasing and calming her. Go on a serious talk with her, and let her get something doing so as to feel the stress associated with making money, so that next time before she nags she will remember it isn't easy to make money in Nigeria. My humble suggestion tho.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I knew someone would quote me...... Leave me alone.

If he can't live with his wife nagging, he should know what to do.

LEmme guess
Like cover her face with a pillow while she sleeps
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by captianfreeman(m): 4:52am On Sep 09, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
Entice
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by oyin01(m): 5:00am On Sep 09, 2015
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.
[/size]

Look at you... #SMH for you... You are actually Advising a man to end his 10 month old marriage because his wife nags... i bet you don't even know anything about a relationship talk less of marriage... Mr OP... Shey na nagging you just see, im happy to inform you that more of that is coming from where they are kept.. . Thats marriage for you, if you can start bringing your marriage issue to nairaland 10 months after wedlock, then you are going to have a big problem... its your home. .. thats your territory and you are in charge there. Understand you wife, talk to her, build a relationship with her.. . Let her understand that in marriage, its not always a bed of roses .. Shes a woman na... Enlighten her, make her understand, comfort her and love her despite her weakness. ... afterall, you no holy pass... haba!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:04am On Sep 09, 2015
androidroot:
let’s not over complicate things. If your wife is nagging you 24 x 7 it means that she is no longer attracted to you. Plain and simple. The good news is that you can bring back that attraction because you once had her attracted to you!

Do NOT REACT, instead LEAD her emotions. By changing your perception on your wife’s nagging and by being emotionally in control… now you can LEAD her emotions to what you want it to be. You as the man should INFLUENCE her emotions and not your wife influence you. If she is upset, don’t be upset instead be calm. If she feels hurt and scared, don’t show that you are hurt; provide protection and the feeling of security. Why? Because YOU ARE THE MAN. You are in charge of everything in the relationship. If you don’t take on this responsibility she will, and that won’t lead to a happy marriage. Bad for you, bad for her.
all this ur story will never work for a bicth woman like that, my qUestion for op is did he maried her legally? A wife surpose to be a defence for her husband! If the marriage is just 10month and the woman/bitch exhibiting such xracter, if baby r yet involved! I will abandon her witout compromise
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by laserjet: 5:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Even the bible said "It is better to live in the attic of a house than living with a nagging wife."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Wife Lives With Lover, But I Still Want Her Back’ / My Nigerian Marriage Certificate / New Wife Wants Husband's Late Wife Pictures Removed From The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.