Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,129 members, 7,943,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:16 AM

Mary's Command For Catholics - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary's Command For Catholics (58264 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:17am On Sep 12, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It might be different in God's eyes after all the commands He gave. And also some might be worshiping those statue while others are not.

Is that an apology?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 4:17am On Sep 12, 2015
dmandy:

pride and arrogance

Bro!

I am still waiting for my quote.

I want to sleep now.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 4:18am On Sep 12, 2015
dmandy:

Is that an apology?

Nope. My quote first.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 4:20am On Sep 12, 2015
And they left one after the other.

3 against 1. Na wa o.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 4:24am On Sep 12, 2015
Dmandy

Whenever you find it, i will answer you later In the morning.

Ciao! cool
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 12, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Nope. My quote first.
Below are your words oga.
Jeromejnr:
Haha! I never see that one o. Adoration ko. So pentecostals will leave an atmosphere for miracles to go to where they down to a stature and almost keep silent all day long. I don go there before na. When I was dating a Catholic chick. Nothing dey go on for that place.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by johnw74: 5:25am On Sep 12, 2015
statue of mary

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2015
dmandy:

Below are your words oga.

No worship there.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I gave a suggestion not a dogma. I said it could be a saint.

That was why I wanted you to provide proof for me that it spoke of the Messiah. But you still couldn't.
stop talking nonsence my friend. At one point you're giving a suggestion at another point you knew the the meaning of the passage. Who gives suggestive meaning to a passage they really know the true meaning? A two faced lair those.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 12, 2015
johnw74:

statue of mary
tell that to the isrealites who also revered the ark of the covenant the same way. Were they also idol worshippers?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:
stop talking nonsence my friend. At one point you're giving a suggestion at another point you knew the the meaning of the passage. Who gives suggestive meaning to a passage they really know the true meaning? A two faced lair those.

Where you not the one that wanted to educate me? O gave a suggestion for consideration because O wanted you to "enlighten" me. Which you couldn't.

So why didn't you show me where it said it was the Messiah as you guys said?

BTW, I never did tell you what I knew was the meaning. So don't jump to assumptions.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:
tell that to the isrealites who also revered the ark of the covenant the same way. Were they also idol worshippers?

So was Mary on the ark? grin

The ark was commanded by God. Your Mary statue was commanded by who?

No basis for your claim. Non whatsoever.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
dmandy:

You sir

Your God gives you commandments which he cannot obey. He must be a wicked god ooo run for ur lyf o

Our God is Holy and CANNOT sin.

God says we should not kill; does that mean God cannot kill and doesnt kill?

God says we should not swear; does that mean God cannot and doesnt swear?

God says we should not avenge ourselves: doesnt God carry out vengeance on our behalf?

In summary, God is not limited by His commandments.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:

Even then, hasnt the Lord done away with that?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:

so In your own interpretation Jesus objected her saying? and then in the the name Luke 1: 41 - 42, Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit exclaimed the same words. Why would the Holy Spirit inspire some one to say something and then the Jesus would object some else for saying the same thing?
If you open your eyes well and read, your head well and understand, you will see that there is no word/words of objection or discouragement from Jesus. It is you that just added t

But why should anyone settle for less.
The One who owned Mary has said blessed is whoever hears His Word and keeps it than the owner of the breasts he sucked.

Why should anyone contend with that?

Why do we esteem the New Testament more that the Old Testament? Isnt it because the NT is better? It doesnt mean the OT is bad.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
VLadipo:

Do away with what. He established a new convenant in Christ Jesus and Mary the ark of the new convenant smiley
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
VLadipo:

But why should anyone settle for less.
The One who owned Mary has said blessed is whoever hears His Word and keeps it than the owner of the breasts he sucked.

Why should anyone contend with that?

Why do we esteem the New Testament more that the Old Testament? Isnt it because the NT is better? It doesnt mean the OT is bad.
No one is settling for less. We have both, we are in communion with Christ, Mary and all other saints. Nobody taking Christ out of the equation.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:

No one is settling for less. We have both, we are in communion with Christ, Mary and all other saints. Nobody taking Christ out of the equation.

For chrissake, why the special emphasis on Mary?
That's our objection.
Mary was just a vessel through which Jesus was born.
It had to be someone anyway. Mary was just lucky.
Did we hear about Mary after the Lord's resurrection? No!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:

Do away with what. He established a new convenant in Christ Jesus and Mary the ark of the new convenant smiley

Mary is in heaven crying at that you are making an idol out of her.
Mary's ministry ended the day she delivered Jesus. After that, she became like every other mother.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
VLadipo:

For chrissake, why the special emphasis on Mary?
That's our objection.
Mary was just a vessel through which Jesus was born.
It had to be someone anyway. Mary was just lucky.
Did we hear about Mary after the Lord's resurrection? No!
She was special enough for Angel Gabriel to regard her as highly favoured and for for Elizabeth to proclaim her the most blessed. Weren't these people laying emphasis on her? Or how is Catholics emphasis on Mary any different from Angel Gabriel's or Elizabeth's.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
VLadipo:

Mary's ministry ended the day she delivered Jesus. After that, she became like every other mother.
How do you know Mary is crying?
Her ministry ended after the birth of Jesus? But Mary herself prophesied that all ages was to proclaim her blessed?
Or is every other woman to be called blessed for all ages? The bible or apostolic tradition never reduced Mary role to that of every other mother, why are you?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:

Her ministry ended after the birth of Jesus? But Mary herself prophesied that all ages was to proclaim her blessed?
Or is every other woman to be called blessed for all ages? The bible or apostolic tradition never reduced Mary role to that of every other mother, why are you?

Indeed Mary is blessed!
But that doesnt mean we should make a ritual out proclaiming Mary's blessedness. That's what the Catholics are doing.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus, we heard of Mary no longer. She disappeared into oblivion.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ichiato:

Those are one-off events!
It's not supposed to form part of our regular worship.
Mary and her blessedness are not mentioned in the Lord's prayer given to us by Jesus Himself.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by johnw74: 12:05am On Sep 13, 2015
In another thread, those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses
do not worship Jesus Christ.

In this thread Roman Catholic worship His mother, even her statue.

more statues of mary

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2015
johnw74:
In another thread, those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses
do not worship Jesus Christ.

In this thread Roman Catholic worship His mother, even her statue.

more statues of mary

Mary herself will condemn these people on the judgment day for not allowing her to rest in peace and making an idol out of her.

As for Jehovah's Witnesses, their day is coming.

For now, we need to liberate more unsuspecting catholics.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But yet when many Catholic folks are sick, especilly the women, they run to the pentecostals for their miracles because they couldn't get one at their own place of worship.

The Irony.

Same goes for u protestants, ever heard of Catholic Charismatic Reunion, each time dey organise a program it's filled with protestants

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2015
VLadipo:

And what happened to Christ saying that I came not to abolish the law but to fulfill them.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 13, 2015
VLadipo:

Indeed Mary is blessed!
But that doesnt mean we should make a ritual out proclaiming Mary's blessedness. That's what the Catholics are doing.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus, we heard of Mary no longer. She disappeared into oblivion.
Mary is blessed and her blessedness should be proclaimed for all ages. That my friend is the word of God as written in the bible, they are not my words.

You and your fellow Protestant are the ones who banished our Lords mother into oblivion. The apostles and their line of succession has always kept the tradition of proclaiming are blessedness for all ages.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2015
VLadipo:

And each time I protestants have an issue u run to ur pastors and when dey can't solve it dey run to another church and keep going about until their problems become their reason for going to church, so which is better being going through the mother of ur saviour or a mere human who is neither here nor there
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2015
VLadipo:

Those are one-off events!
It's not supposed to form part of our regular worship.
Mary and her blessedness are not mentioned in the Lord's prayer given to us by Jesus Himself.
Again, you are the one who has made it a one off event. All ages clearly means much more than your one off event and the fact that her blessedness was never mentioned in our Lord's prayer does not make it unacceptable just as the fact that Jesus himself was not mentioned in our Lord's prayer doesn't mean that prayers cannot and should not be directed to him.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 11:17am On Sep 13, 2015
Right now u say Mary is just a vessel.

Now let me help you understand what u saying, for example ur mother gave birth to u and at that time u lived in the village no pipe borne water, no electricity, no social amenities, den u developed and became something dat the world recognizes.
Now someone comes and says buy out ur village and build an industry and u reply my mother lives there and the person replies "ur mother is only a vessel for bringing about ur greatness so she doesn't matter".

Be sincere what will be ur reaction?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aizenosa:

Same goes for u protestants, ever heard of Catholic Charismatic Reunion, each time dey organise a program it's filled with protestants

No 1: I am not a protestant.

No 2: Its a Catholics and Charismatic reunion two different movements why won't "protestants" be there. It's a reunion for crying out loud.

And BTW, they are not even protestants, they are known as Charismatics. You guys don't even know what protestant means.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (37) (Reply)

The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Pastor Meets Native Doctor In His Shrine For A Charm For Her Church (Pix, Video)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.