Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,121 members, 7,943,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

Mary's Command For Catholics - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary's Command For Catholics (58257 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ichiato:

Again, you are the one who has made it a one off event. All ages clearly means much more than your one off event and the fact that her blessedness was never mentioned in our Lord's prayer does not make it unacceptable just as the fact that Jesus himself was not mentioned in our Lord's prayer doesn't mean that prayers cannot and should not be directed to him.

The angel's appearance to Mary and his message to her is a one-off event.
Mary's words in Luke 1:47-55 were purely hers and were filled with gratitude to God for choosing her. In the previous verses, Elizabeth spoke after she was filled with the Holy Ghost.
Mary in no way sought for perpetual 'honour', 'worship' and 'reverence' from Christians.

Our Lord Jesus never referenced Mary all his life.

And the Lord's prayer begins with 'Our Father '. Jesus is represented in that phrase.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jeromejnr:

No 1: I am not a protestant.

No 2: Its a Catholics and Charismatic reunion two different movements why won't "protestants" be there. It's a reunion for crying out loud.

And BTW, they are not even protestants, they are known as Charismatics. You guys don't even know what protestant means.

Now you are trying to describe what u don't know with emphasis, smh

CCR or CCR of Nigeria is totally Catholic CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC REUNION OF NIGERIA
is a part and group of the Catholic Church

Secondly any other Christian group or faith not in accord with the Catholic church is termed PROTESTANT
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aizenosa:

Now you are trying to describe what u don't know with emphasis, smh

CCR or CCR of Nigeria is totally Catholic CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC REUNION OF NIGERIA
is a part and group of the Catholic Church

Secondly any other Christian group or faith not in accord with the Catholic church is termed PROTESTANT

FYI, Charismatic is not Catholic. Charismatics major on Miracles, gifts of the Spirit and the Holy Spirit. Which you guys don't.

And I say again, that I am not Protestant.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jeromejnr:

FYI, Charismatic is not Catholic. Charismatics major on Miracles, gifts of the Spirit and the Holy Spirit. Which you guys don't.

And I say again, that I am not Protestant.

All dis argument with u is causing me headaches, and have made me to be making mistakes it's Catholic Charismatic Renewal of Nigeria (CCRN) not Reunion in my last post and if u doubt it's authentication u have Google look it up, and for a fact Catholics believe in miracles and all, all u protestants derived that from us and made it ur headline of worship, for us it's not we prefer chasing holiness and charity.

And sorry to say more than half of the protestant church's derived their origin from this group.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aizenosa:

All dis argument with u is causing me headaches, and have made me to be making mistakes it's Catholic Charismatic Renewal of Nigeria (CCRN) not Reunion in my last post and if u doubt it's authentication u have Google look it up, and for a fact Catholics believe in miracles and all, all u protestants derived that from us and made it ur headline of worship, for us it's not we prefer chasing holiness and charity.

And sorry to say more than half of the protestant church's derived their origin from this group.

I have heard you.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aizenosa:
http://www.ccrnigeria.org/history.php

Just a point of correction, we never derived Miracles from the Catholics.

The Apostles were not Catholics, their disciples were not Catholics and the scriptures were not written by Catholics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aizenosa:

And each time I protestants have an issue u run to ur pastors and when dey can't solve it dey run to another church and keep going about until their problems become their reason for going to church, so which is better being going through the mother of ur saviour or a mere human who is neither here nor there

Since Bible times people have sought the faces of prophets and men of God in times of trouble.

It does not form part of their regular worship.

No protestant seeks the face of another when it's time to worship God through Jesus' His Son.
Nobody should!

And why Mary all the time?

What happened to the apostles?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ichiato:

Mary is blessed and her blessedness should be proclaimed for all ages. That my friend is the word of God as written in the bible, they are not my words.

You and your fellow Protestant are the ones who banished our Lords mother into oblivion. The apostles and their line of succession has always kept the tradition of proclaiming are blessedness for all ages.

That doesnt mean it should form part and parcel of our daily worship.

The scripture is clear on how we should pray.

Please state one or two instances where our Lord Jesus or the apostles ever referenced Mary or proclaimed her blessedness.

2 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aizenosa:

And what happened to Christ saying that I came not to abolish the law but to fulfill them.

Some part of the law expired with the OT.
They just cant be fulfilled in the NT (the dispensation of our Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit)
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
VLadipo:

The angel's appearance to Mary and his message to her is a one-off event.
Mary's words in Luke 1:47-55 were purely hers and were filled with gratitude to God for choosing her. In the previous verses, Elizabeth spoke after she was filled with the Holy Ghost.
Mary in no way sought for perpetual 'honour', 'worship' and 'reverence' from Christians.

Our Lord Jesus never referenced Mary all his life.

And the Lord's prayer begins with 'Our Father '. Jesus is represented in that phrase.
To what lengths will you go to defend your false doctrine. Is Jesus the Father or the son ?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ichiato:

To what lengths will you go to defend your false doctrine. Is Jesus the Father or the son ?

Is Jesus God or not?

And Jesus Himself said: I and my Father are One.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2015
Jesus is Lord!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
VLadipo:

Some part of the law expired with the OT.
They just cant be fulfilled in the NT (the dispensation of our Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit)

Do you know what the law is?

Let's start from there
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
Aizenosa:

Do you know what the law is?

Let's start from there

The law is the set of rules, regulations and ordinances God handed to the Israelites via Moses starting with the 10 commandments.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
Thank You Jesus
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 6:07am On Sep 15, 2015
VLadipo:

The law is the set of rules, regulations and ordinances God handed to the Israelites via Moses starting with the 10 commandments.

Gud now the next question is why do u think God gave them these laws ?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aizenosa:

Gud now the next question is why do u think God gave them these laws ?
God gave them laws to guide and direct their lives.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hallelujah!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2015
VLadipo:

God gave them laws to guide and direct their lives.

Excellently said u doing well.

Now the last one u said they are OT laws and some have been done away with.
So
1. What is the distinguishing between the ones that have been done away with and d ones dat haven't.
2. Isn't all the laws encompass to mean love your God with all your heart with all your might and with all your soul, and love your neighbor the way you will love yourself.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2015
Aizenosa:

So
1. What is the distinguishing between the ones that have been done away with and d ones dat haven't.
2. Isn't all the laws encompass to mean love your God with all your heart with all your might and with all your soul, and love your neighbor the way you will love yourself.

(1) By faith alone shall all men be save irrespective of how they live their lives.

(2) More like Love ONLY your church members and condemn the rest to hell.

Jeromejr and vladipo, hope I'm right?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Just a point of correction, we never derived Miracles from the Catholics.

The Apostles were not Catholics, their disciples were not Catholics and the scriptures were not written by Catholics.

It's the only Church which has a complete succession that can be traced back to Christ.

Although, it has not always had the right succession but still can be traced.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Aizenosa:

So

Why dont we observe the passover?

Why dont we sacrifice animals to atone for our sins?

Why dont we give burnt offerings, wine offerings etc?

Why dont we practise 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'?

Why are ladies getting married as non-virgins without consequences?

Why are we not allowed to divorce our wives?

Why dont we observe the sabbath?

Why arent adulteresses caught in the act stoned to death?

Etc Etc Etc
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

(1) By faith alone shall all men be save irrespective of how they live their lives.

(2) More like Love ONLY your church members and condemn the rest to hell.

Jeromejr and vladipo, hope I'm right?

No you are not!

Faith without works is dead.

The Bible tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

And, the Bible said we Christians should love one another not just members of our church.
But when you are living in error, you must be corrected. No hate though!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
VLadipo:

No you are not!

Faith without works is dead.

The Bible tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

And, the Bible said we Christians should love one another not just members of our church.
But when you are living in error, you must be corrected. No hate though!

You mean in words or in actual practice?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

You mean in words or in actual practice?

tongue
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by HOLYSEE(m): 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
The question I want to ask some non Catholic zealot that claim to know the Bible did John Wycliffe or Huss or Luther deny the efficacy of the Catholic church which was the only recognized church in their time or they were just against some power drunk leaders...... I am a Christian without denomination but you can't disregard the only person God hailed in the Bible, Hail Mary....... Mary has never and would never want to share the glory of Christ but in his pain as prophesied by Simeon ...the sword will pierce your own soul too....... And as for the sacrament I did a study and discovered all is biblical and even non Catholics practice without knowing......the sacrament for those who don't know are BAPTISM even Jesus was baptized, HOLY COMMUNION Jesus at the last supper say we should do this as a memorial CONFIRMATION or what non catholics call baptism of the holy ghost HOLY ORDER AND MATRIMONY Paul said if you want to get married you can but it will be better to remain unmarried for the service of the lord so matrimony and holy order are complimentary AND CONFESSION and ANNOINTING OF THE SICK as james said confess your sin one to another and if any is sick let the elders of the church lay their hands on him and anointing him with oil .......The Catholic church though with her own idiosyncrasies over the century but we are too quick to judge her just because she is strict to her observance and most of us quote and manipulate the bible to suit this forgetting that the Bible came from this same Church we are accussing of been less or not biblical..... Beware God knows his own and what makes you think you are right and the Catholic church is wrong

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
HOLYSEE:
The question I want to ask some non Catholic zealot that claim to know the Bible did John Wycliffe or Huss or Luther deny the efficacy of the Catholic church which was the only recognized church in their time or they were just against some power drunk leaders...... I am a Christian without denomination but you can't disregard the only person God hailed in the Bible, Hail Mary....... Mary has never and would never want to share the glory of Christ but in his pain as prophesied by Simeon ...the sword will pierce your own soul too....... And as for the sacrament I did a study and discovered all is biblical and even non Catholics practice without knowing......the sacrament for those who don't know are BAPTISM even Jesus was baptized, HOLY COMMUNION Jesus at the last supper say we should do this as a memorial CONFIRMATION or what non catholics call baptism of the holy ghost HOLY ORDER AND MATRIMONY Paul said if you want to get married you can but it will be better to remain unmarried for the service of the lord so matrimony and holy order are complimentary AND CONFESSION and ANNOINTING OF THE SICK as james said confess your sin one to another and if any is sick let the elders of the church lay their hands on him and anointing him with oil .......The Catholic church though with her own idiosyncrasies over the century but we are too quick to judge her just because she is strict to her observance and most of us quote and manipulate the bible to suit this forgetting that the Bible came from this same Church we are accussing of been less or not biblical..... Beware God knows his own and what makes you think you are right and the Catholic church is wrong

Pastor,

I believe every word you wrote up there. Tell you what? Its not flesh and blood that has revealed this to you.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Pastor,

I believe every word you wrote up there. Tell you what? Its not flesh and blood that has revealed this to you.

It's veins and bones abi. grin
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It's veins and bones abi. grin
Na yunus sabinus
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Na yunus sabinus

IGNOTUM PER IGNOTIUS
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
VLadipo:

Why dont we observe the passover?

Why dont we sacrifice animals to atone for our sins?

Why dont we give burnt offerings, wine offerings etc?

Why dont we practise 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'?

Why are ladies getting married as non-virgins without consequences?

Why are we not allowed to divorce our wives?

Why dont we observe the sabbath?

Why arent adulteresses caught in the act stoned to death?

Etc Etc Etc

Mehn ur list plenty ooo but still u don't get, LOVE is all the commandments put together yes literally u right but dat doesn't make it all correct to indulge in them or to judge someone who has done them

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (37) (Reply)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.