Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,033 members, 7,949,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Assuming Biafra Comes. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assuming Biafra Comes. (3404 Views)

Before Biafra Comes, Igbos Have To Leave Lagos And Other Parts Of Nigeria Theory / 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power / Steps Taken To Actualize Biafra, In Response To "Assuming Biafra Is Achieved" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Omololu007(m): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

How is his comment silly??.

is he an ibo guy? The question was directed to the ibos..the ibos have the right to leave Nigeria if they want too,and they should do it the right way
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2015
Since is a Biafran season i have decided to see revive this thread. I check to see if there are any reasonable answers to the questions i asked and found none.

People are still shouting biafra without any plan. No idea what to do if they have biafra.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
modelmike7:
They are only day-dreaming. They are going nowhere. We love them as our brothers and sisters. ONE NIGERIA!
ur stupidity has P hd who's your brother and sister yorurobbish
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
tundamartin:

Assuming he will not be shot on sight by some enraged Ibos whose donations he has been lavishing on ashewo, besides being thrown in a dungeon.
I think u should devote more thoughts on y awolowo drank 15 naira rat poison
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
ur stupidity has P hd who's your brother and sister yorurobbish
... You are nothing but a swine, and i dont talk to pigs like you, and who told I'm whatever tribe you wrote up there ^ (whatever that means!). And who is referring to a destabilised mentally deranged guy, claiming to be a girl as his brother?! You better be careful of the way you talk to people, especially the one you dont know.... Pig!!
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Bikonu this is not a yoruba vs igbo thread or a hatred competition thread. I just want my igbo brothers who are agitating for biafra to use this medium to think logically and not emotionally.

Its like 3 people are in a bus going from Nigeria to Ghana. An aguement comes up and two of them team up against one.

Then the one geta angry and asks the driver to drop him in the middle of nowhere in benin republic to continue the journey with leg.

You will get to Ghana, but by the time you get there, the other 2 must have finished what they came for.

Then you will still be bitter and complain that the reason you just got here is because the 2 others pushed you out of the bus and u used leg.

Ndigbo si na nwata akwo nazu amaghi na ije tere aka. Pikin wey them carry for back no know say journey far.

Nnamdi kanu is living in UK, Enjoying and calling you to get down from the bus?

It is when you finally get down from this bus in the middle of nowhere that you will look for nnamdi kanu and he will be nowhere to be found.

2 Likes

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by kingzizzy: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
mekaboy:
For my igbo brothers asking for biafra. Assuming igbos are told to go and start their Biafran country today, what happens next?

Who will be president and governors?

What about police and army? Will the people of biafra stay without security?

How will the justice system be?

Will the country be on stand still, while all this is going on?

There will be no Governors in Biafra because we will not run Biafra under a unitary system. It was the unitary system that destroyed Nigeria. Depending on how many of the minorities join Igbos in Biafra, there will be regions such as Ijaw region, Ibibio region and so on and these regions will have apremiers and get at least 50% of the proceeds of whatever come out of their lands. Biafra will have a ceremonial president who will commander in chief and a prime minister who will be head Government. As for police and Army etc, you have to remember that after Biafra is declared, all none Biafran Police,Army,Navy,Custom etc will have to return to Nigeria while our people in Nigeria will return to take over their positions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingzizzy:

There will be no Governors in Biafra because we will not run Biafra under a unitary system. It was the unitary system that destroyed Nigeria. Depending on how many of the minorities join Igbos in Biafra, there will be regions such as Ijaw region, Ibibio region and so on and these regions will have a premiers and get at least 50% of the proceeds of whatever come out of their lands. Biafra will have a ceremonial president who will commander in chief and a prime minister who will be head Government. As for police and Army etc, you have to remember that after Biafra is declared, all none Biafran Police,Army,Navy,Custom etc will have to return to Nigeria while our people in Nigeria will return to take over their positions.

Will there be political parties?

An electoral body?

How will the elections be conducted ?

Which region will that leader come from?

Will there be a tribunal to protest elections?

The soldiers and police that will return will they maintain their rank in Nigeria?

Who will cordinate all these?

How long will it take?

Where will you money be while all this is going on?

In which currency ?

Will there be zoning of the ceremonial president?

How will the resources be shared or get to the local government areas? Will there be local govt elections and counsellors?

Its easier in the mind.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by kingzizzy: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
mekaboy:

Will there be political parties?

An electoral body?

How will the elections be conducted ?

Which region will that leader come from?

Will there be a tribunal to protest elections?

The soldiers and police that will return will they maintain their rank in Nigeria?

Who will cordinate all these?

How long will it take?

Where will you money be while all this is going on?

In which currency ?

Its easier in the mind.

Nobody ever said that Biafra will be easy in the begining. There will be a transitional Goverment at first which will put in place all the structure of Government, hold a constitutional or sovereign conference then hold multi party elections
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by freez2ryme(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
When OJUKWU Declared Biafra
How did it function?
I think dat answers ur question?
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingzizzy:

Nobody ever said that Biafra will be easy in the begining. There will be a transitional Goverment at first which will put in place all the structure of Government, hold a constitutional or sovereign conference then hold multi party elections

Who will form the government?

Which currency will this govt use?

Will they be running in parallel with the govt established by Nigerian constitution?

So you will ask the state govts and local govt chairmen to step down and let the transitional govt take takenover take over from them?

Why have u pple led many Igbo youths to die jst because of someones fantasies?
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
freez2ryme:
When OJUKWU Declared Biafra
How did it function?
I think dat answers ur question?
You will probably have to resurrect ojukwu to lead you since he has the answer.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by kingzizzy: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
mekaboy:

Who will form the government?

Which currency will this govt use?

Will they be running in parallel with the govt established by Nigerian constitution?

So you will ask the state govts and local govt chairmen to step down and let the transitional govt take takenover take over from them?

Why have u pple led many Igbo youths to die jst because of someones fantasies?

Listen man, you have to remember why you are a Nigerian. Take me for example, I'm an Igbo from Anambra. I freely chose to accept to be a Biafran. Nobody forced me to accept it. I'm even free to change my mind about it tomorrow. Now ask your self why you are Nigerian. You are Nigerian because a British mad man called Lugard came to west Africa, beat up your ancestors, killed many of them and forced the rest that survived to answer the slave name 'Nigerian' he brought with him from Britain. How can you answer a slave name a white man gave you? How can you accept a name that was enforced on you? So you have no right to choose your name but a white can come to your own land to tell you who you are. Biafra is about freedom, it's about letting go of the colonial contraption called Nigeria, it's about a new start after 55 years of disastrous nationhood. If Nigeria must kill people just like they killed millions of Biafrans in 1967-1970 because they want be one, then what is the point of Nigeria? If you decide that you have to remain Nigerian because you don't want to die, then admit to your self that you are a coward who cannot fight for his freedom. Freedom is one of the few things in life worth dying for and we Igbos are not cowards.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
modelmike7:
... You are nothing but a swine, and i dont talk to pigs like you, and who told I'm whatever tribe you wrote up there ^ (whatever that means!). And who is referring to a destabilised mentally deranged guy, claiming to be a girl as his brother?! You better be careful of the way you talk to people, especially the one you dont know.... Pig!!
I weep for ur soul its actually regretting being carried by this useless body of yours ozu wuru aawu anuofia
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingzizzy:

Listen man, you have to remember why you are a Nigerian. Take me for example, I'm an Igbo from Anambra. I freely chose to accept to be a Biafran. Nobody forced me to accept it. I'm even free to change my mind about it tomorrow. Now ask your self why you are Nigerian. You are Nigerian because a British mad man called Lugard came to west Africa, beat up your ancestors, killed many of them and forced the rest that survived to answer the slave name 'Nigerian' he brought with him from Britain. How can you answer a slave name a white man gave you? How can you accept a name that was enforced on you? So you have no right to choose your name but a white can come to your own land to tell you who you are. Biafra is about freedom, it's about letting go of the colonial contraption called Nigeria, it's about a new start after 55 years of disastrous nationhood. If Nigeria must kill people just like they killed millions of Biafrans in 1967-1970 because they want be one, then what is the point of Nigeria? If you decide that you have to remain Nigerian because you don't want to die, then admit to your self that you are a coward who cannot fight for his freedom. Freedom is one of the few things in life worth dying for and we Igbos are not cowards.

This is not about being a coward or killed. Its about reality. After biafra has been declared what next
Ita about getting of a bus in the middle of nowhere because you are angry without alternative arrangements.

A country people decide to be part of and withdraw any time. What happens when other parts of biafra decide to be their own country ?

You have no plan, bo structure, No arrangement and you want biafra.

You are still highly integrated in the Nigerian system and you want biafra.

This noise had better stop till there is a poll to figure out how many igbos want biafra.

Or will there be igbos who are part of Nigeria in the East and those part of biafra ?

Will igbos who want to be part of Nigeria be ejected from the east?
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
LadyFiona:
Op, I assumed the questions are for biafrans?

Why are your commentators weeping more then the bereaved?
Why are people answering questions that is not meant for them?

With the massive covert support Kanu is getting from the East, it is a matter of time.

cool
Especially the bolded
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by kingzizzy: 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
mekaboy:

This is not about being a coward or killed. Its about reality. After biafra has been declared what next
Ita about getting of a bus in the middle of nowhere because you are angry without alternative arrangements.

A country people decide to be part of and withdraw any time. What happens when other parts of biafra decide to be their own country ?

You have no plan, bo structure, No arrangement and you want biafra.

You are still highly integrated in the Nigerian system and you want biafra.

This noise had better stop till there is a poll to figure out how many igbos want biafra.

Or will there be igbos who are part of Nigeria in the East and those part of biafra ?

Will igbos who want to be part of Nigeria be ejected from the east?

I understand what you mean but you have to remember that a part of a country seceding is not novelty.

America or the USA is the greatest country on earth but this country once seceded from Britain. Czechoslovakia was one country but split up into Czech Republic and the Republic. Even Britain that created Nigeria nearly split up last year when Scotland had a referendum. This same Scotland was part of the UK for over 300 years, 3 times older than Nigeria. If all these countries that split up were thinking like you, they would still be in bondage. Today, all of them are enjoying their freedom. I'm an Igbo man, my people survived befoe there was Nigeria, they will survive after Nigeria ends and I believe in my people. Like I said, Biafra will not be easy in the begining, but nothing good ever comes easy. You talked about a poll? Those of us who believe in Biafra would love that Biafra comes by way of a referendum. Let everone vote if they want Biafra or not. I'm confident that most of my fellow Igbos will vote to to have their own independent country, away from Boko Haram, away from political association from Yorubas and Hausas and many other reasons. Yes there are Igbos who don't support Biafra, but if the majority of Igbos vote for a new nation, the minority that don't support it will have to accept it because it's all about democracy, the will of the majority always prevails
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingzizzy:

I understand what you mean but you have to remember that a part of a country seceding is not novelty.

America or the USA is the greatest country on earth but this country once seceded from Britain. Czechoslovakia was one country but split up into Czech Republic and the Republic. Even Britain that created Nigeria nearly split up last year when Scotland had a referendum. This same Scotland was part of the UK for over 300 years, 3 times older than Nigeria. If all these countries that split up were thinking like you, they would still be in bondage. Today, all of them are enjoying their freedom. I'm an Igbo man, my people survived befoe there was Nigeria, they will survive after Nigeria ends and I believe in my people. Like I said, Biafra will not be easy in the begining, but nothing good ever comes easy. You talked about a poll? Those of us who believe in Biafra would love that Biafra comes by way of a referendum. Let everone vote if they want Biafra or not. I'm confident that most of my fellow Igbos will vote to to have their own independent country, away from Boko Haram, away from political association from Yorubas and Hausas and many other reasons. Yes there are Igbos who don't support Biafra, but if the majority of Igbos vote for a new nation, the minority that don't support it will have to accept it because it's all about democracy, the will of the majority always prevails

Non of the countries u sighted are in Africa, there reasoning and ours are different. Show me where it happened successfully in Africa.

Secondly, did they archieve it by insulting each other on radio like kanu is doing?

Now the countries you mentioned seceded and are both doing well. Nigeria is not doing well already and you imagine the country that breaks out of it.

You know how igbos behave, when its time to decide you will know who will listen to who.

Why not carry out the referendum first before going about insulting other tribes on radio?

Before you go counting on igbos who want biafra, make sure they know what they are asking for.

Someone who has no education or skill in the east will easily believe the yoruba and hausa is their problem because they are looking for who to blame.

Not everyone asking for biafra has the same intentions. Some of the touts that carry the matter in their head believe that is how they will become governors and ministers in biafra because they made the most noise.

None of these people protesting on the street for kanu have ever thought of how all these promises kanu is making them will be achieved. They are the same people that will call for his head and want to go back to Nigeria in the process. Nnadi kanu himself will be nowhere to be found when the implementation of the fantasies is required.

As long as the questions i have raised above cannot be answered, the whole biafra issue is wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by kingzizzy: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2015
mekaboy:

Non of the countries u sighted are in Africa, there reasoning and ours are different. Show me where it happened successfully in Africa.

Secondly, did they archieve it by insulting each other on radio like kanu is doing?

Now the countries you mentioned seceded and are both doing well. Nigeria is not doing well already and you imagine the country that breaks out of it.

You know how igbos behave, when its time to decide you will know who will listen to who.

Why not carry out the referendum first before going about insulting other tribes on radio?

Before you go counting on igbos who want biafra, make sure they know what they are asking for.

Someone who has no education or skill in the east will easily believe the yoruba and hausa is their problem because they are looking for who to blame.

Not everyone asking for biafra has the same intentions. Some of the touts that carry the matter in their head believe that is how they will become governors and ministers in biafra because they made the most noise.

None of these people protesting on the street for kanu have ever thought of how all these promises kanu is making them will be achieved. They are the same people that will call for his head and want to go back to Nigeria in the process. Nnadi kanu himself will be nowhere to be found when the implementation of the fantasies is required.

As long as the questions i have raised above cannot be answered, the whole biafra issue is wishful thinking.

You have a right to your opinion. But when you think about Biafra, you have to think about Nigeria. Nigeria is just an artificial creation of the White man. If Lugard had not come to west Africa, you would have never have even heard the word Nigeria. Nigeria has never worked as a nation. For 55 years, all we have done is fight and kill each other in the name of 'one Nigeria' which is just a creation of European opportunists. Why are we doing this? Why can't we try something different? You said that no African country has seceded in Africa but Eriteria seceded from Ethiopia in 1993. South Sudan seceded from Sudan in 2011.

You said that Nnamdi Kanu is insulting. Yes he is. The man actually insults every body even Igbos. The radio station is not for every body. You don't like it, don't tune in. Nnamdi Kanu will not come to force you to listen to him.

Nigeria is not doing well because it is not doing well because it needs to break up. The Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa don't like each other, how do you expect any progress to come from this?

55 years, millions dead, 70% porverty rate,wide spread corruption, Boko Haram,disunity.......yet you still wonder why the Igbo man should try something new with Biafra. Think with your head
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Sunnycliff(m): 1:52am On Oct 26, 2015
mekaboy:

Where will our money be? Nigerian or biafran banks? What about police and army? Imagine Biafran nation without police or security for a just a year. Free for all looting of shops.

What of igbo muslims? Im sure they wont be in the country.

Who will decide how much our currency exchage to naira or dollars? Or r we going to be using Naira?

What about court, i guess there wont be need for a court since there is no law enforcement agency.

What about all those jobless people who carry the biafra issue for head, what will their position be in government?

Let me help you with your ignorance.
From the day of our independence all the money in banks located in Biafra remains intact. What we do is a gradual reprinting of our currency, the Biafra pounds which is of higher value than the naira and its exchanged with the naira, this is done at least three months before independence declaration.

The Igbo Muslims have a choice to either remain in their Nigeria or denounce Islam and stay in Biafra, like in Saudi Arabia you can hardly practice Christianity openly there.

We will have our Biafra central bank and Governor and a team of outstanding economists like us who will make the exchange rate in line with the global market competition.

Our judicial system will already be in place before then, we have more than 1000 legal luminaries who will position our legal system to ensure fairness and equity for all.

You will be employed based on what you can do and not the mere certificate you carry like we see in the zoo today.

#proudlybiafran
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Sunnycliff(m): 2:04am On Oct 26, 2015
mekaboy:

You are holding a child's property and his been begging you to give him his belonging and u refused, do u think he will continue pleading forever? At a time he will insult, abuse and scream on you and even raise alarm for help, till someone higher than you comes to his rescue. This is exactly what Nnamdi is doing.

My brother, its not a crime to secede. Secession is not evil, USSR has been split over and over. We IPOB want to go. If we are gone and the minority with us decides to go, then no wahala.

Must we stay in Nigeria? Is it a force to stay in a marriage without peace, is divorce to save a soul bad?

Biafra is coming
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Sunnycliff(m): 2:08am On Oct 26, 2015
mekaboy:

You are holding a child's property and his been begging you to give him his belonging and u refused, do u think he will continue pleading forever? At a time he will insult, abuse and scream on you and even raise alarm for help, till someone higher than you comes to his rescue. This is exactly what Nnamdi is doing.

My brother, its not a crime to secede. Secession is not evil, USSR has been split over and over. We IPOB want to go. If we are gone and the minority with us decides to go, then no wahala.

Must we stay in Nigeria? Is it a force to stay in a marriage without peace, is divorce to save a soul bad?

Biafra is coming for good. Check the IGR contributions of the states in Nigeria, u would see that the North is only feeding from us. Enough is enough
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Sunnycliff(m): 2:11am On Oct 26, 2015
mekaboy:

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 8:23am On Oct 26, 2015
Sunnycliff:

Let me help you with your ignorance.
From the day of our independence all the money in banks located in Biafra remains intact. What we do is a gradual reprinting of our currency, the Biafra pounds which is of higher value than the naira and its exchanged with the naira, this is done at least three months before independence declaration.

The Igbo Muslims have a choice to either remain in their Nigeria or denounce Islam and stay in Biafra, like in Saudi Arabia you can hardly practice Christianity openly there.

We will have our Biafra central bank and Governor and a team of outstanding economists like us who will make the exchange rate in line with the global market competition.

Our judicial system will already be in place before then, we have more than 1000 legal luminaries who will position our legal system to ensure fairness and equity for all.

You will be employed based on what you can do and not the mere certificate you carry like we see in the zoo today.

#proudlybiafran

Interesting, So in biafra there wont even be freedom of worship? Igbos will be forced to worship against their will.

Nice, different interpretations of the biafran dream. On what bases do you decide the value of your currency.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2015
kingzizzy:

You have a right to your opinion. But when you think about Biafra, you have to think about Nigeria. Nigeria is just an artificial creation of the White man. If Lugard had not come to west Africa, you would have never have even heard the word Nigeria. Nigeria has never worked as a nation. For 55 years, all we have done is fight and kill each other in the name of 'one Nigeria' which is just a creation of European opportunists. Why are we doing this? Why can't we try something different? You said that no African country has seceded in Africa but Eriteria seceded from Ethiopia in 1993. South Sudan seceded from Sudan in 2011.

You said that Nnamdi Kanu is insulting. Yes he is. The man actually insults every body even Igbos. The radio station is not for every body. You don't like it, don't tune in. Nnamdi Kanu will not come to force you to listen to him.

Nigeria is not doing well because it is not doing well because it needs to break up. The Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa don't like each other, how do you expect any progress to come from this?

55 years, millions dead, 70% porverty rate,wide spread corruption, Boko Haram,disunity.......yet you still wonder why the Igbo man should try something new with Biafra. Think with your head

Are you saying Igbos are not contributing to the corruption and insecurity?

Will the igbos in biafra be different from the ones in Nigeria now?

How is south sudan today?

The governors that loot state funds in the east are they not igbos?

The kidnappers in the east are they not igbos?

Why do rich igbo men move around freely in every other part of Nigeria, but use police escort when they are going biafra land?

90 of rich igbo men that have been killed, died in the east. 100% of rich igbo men that have been kidnapped were kidnapped in the east.

Is it not igbos that produce fake drugs and sell to their own blood for money?

So if your reason for asking for biafra is due to corruption and insecurity in Nigeria, then your points are invalid.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by Flyoruboy(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2015
@mekaboy: I feel for your likes coz you're obviously in the minority. YOu may end up seeking asylum after Nigeria inevitably grants Biafra her independence (God speed that day!). Either that or you become an instant victim of Kanu's purge of Biafran sabos. cheesy

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by freudianslip(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2015
So recent Biafran protests have got me thinking, but I have been skeptical about airing my views because of perceived reactions.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE PERSONAL VIEWS, AND I, IN NO WAY CLAIM SUPREMACY OF KNOWLEDGE. FOR THE "GREYS" WHO THINK I AM TOO YOUNG TO SPEAK OF THIS SUBJECT, PLEASE PERMIT THIS CHILD TO SPEAK, THEN CORRECT HIM IF HE IS WRONG. FOR IGNORANCE CAN ONLY BE KNOWN IF IT IS AIRED, AND CAN ONLY BE CORRECTED IF IT IS KNOWN.

My points are as follows:

1. According to worldometers the median age of Nigeria is 17.8, hence an "average " did not experience the civil war.

2.This is the age statistics of Nigeria as at 2014 is as follows:
0-14 years: 43.2%
15-24 years: 19.3%
25-54 years: 30.5%
55-64 years: 3.9%
65 years and over: 3.1% (indexmundi.com)
In simpler statistics 93% of Nigerians were 5 and below in 1967.

3. According to Wikipedia, youth age range is between 18-35. Hence no present day Nigerian youth saw the civil war.

My first question: since over 90% percent of us neither saw the civil war nor participated actively, and our youth were born 10 years after the war, where is all the hate and agitation from?

4. The major driving force of Biafra is the igboland, but the Biafran map includes states like Cross river, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state. This makes Biafra a culturally diverse state. I am igbo and i currently live in Akwa Ibom state, and we share no similarity in custom or language. How then can we live together as "one Biafra" when we can't tolerate the cultural diversity of Nigeria.

5. The Igbo tribe would become the majority tribe in Biafra, while the others who constitute the oil producing states hence the 'rich boys' would become minority. "How can the wealth most especially that from oil be distributed, when the majority is in power and the minority have the resource?"
So therefore, a time may come when the "minority" may decide to be free, because no man wants to live in another man's shadow.

6. Igbos are generally regarded as traders, and the lifeblood of their markets like Onitsha Main market and Ariaria international market is found in Lagos seaport where most of the goods come from. In Biafra, Lagos becomes another country hence tax and import/ export levies would increase drastically and logistics would become more difficult.
The other option is to trade via the Calabar Port, Delta Port or Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne. These ports are only found in the non-igbo states, hence another potential challenge.

7. What happens to Biafrans that have their livelihood rooted deeply in non biafran states? What happens to the igbos that constitute the majority of Alaba international market?
Would naturalization take place or would they liquidate assets and return to Biafra and start afresh?

8. Finally, the question of rulership. Who rules Biafra?
Currently, most Igbo people especially those in Abia and Imo state are dissatisfied with the condition of their states. They complain of bad government, massive looting, poor infrastructures etc, and they are currently ruled by Igbo governors.
If Biafra is formed who would rule then?
I believe it would be the same people that they complain of, and as you can see the cycle of pain and complaints would continue.

Problems are fixed by inward reflections not outward projections and blame shifting.

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, FOR A CHILD WHO DID NOT SEE THE WAR HAS SPOKEN.

1 Like

Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Flyoruboy:
@mekaboy: I feel for your likes coz you're obviously in the minority. YOu may end up seeking asylum after Nigeria inevitably grants Biafra her independence (God speed that day!). Either that or you become an instant victim of Kanu's purge of Biafran sabos. cheesy

When the time comes we will know who is in the minority. Nnamdi kanu has been arrested abi ? Now count the number of igbod who are going about their business since then and the number of those peotesting and know who is in the minority.

How many shops have been closed since then? Let Nnamdi kanu stay there a month longer and he will be forgotten.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2015
freudianslip:
So recent Biafran protests have got me thinking, but I have been skeptical about airing my views because of perceived reactions.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE PERSONAL VIEWS, AND I, IN NO WAY CLAIM SUPREMACY OF KNOWLEDGE. FOR THE "GREYS" WHO THINK I AM TOO YOUNG TO SPEAK OF THIS SUBJECT, PLEASE PERMIT THIS CHILD TO SPEAK, THEN CORRECT HIM IF HE IS WRONG. FOR IGNORANCE CAN ONLY BE KNOWN IF IT IS AIRED, AND CAN ONLY BE CORRECTED IF IT IS KNOWN.

My points are as follows:

1. According to worldometers the median age of Nigeria is 17.8, hence an "average " did not experience the civil war.

2.This is the age statistics of Nigeria as at 2014 is as follows:
0-14 years: 43.2%
15-24 years: 19.3%
25-54 years: 30.5%
55-64 years: 3.9%
65 years and over: 3.1% (indexmundi.com)
In simpler statistics 93% of Nigerians were 5 and below in 1967.

3. According to Wikipedia, youth age range is between 18-35. Hence no present day Nigerian youth saw the civil war.

My first question: since over 90% percent of us neither saw the civil war nor participated actively, and our youth were born 10 years after the war, where is all the hate and agitation from?

4. The major driving force of Biafra is the igboland, but the Biafran map includes states like Cross river, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state. This makes Biafra a culturally diverse state. I am igbo and i currently live in Akwa Ibom state, and we share no similarity in custom or language. How then can we live together as "one Biafra" when we can't tolerate the cultural diversity of Nigeria.

5. The Igbo tribe would become the majority tribe in Biafra, while the others who constitute the oil producing states hence the 'rich boys' would become minority. "How can the wealth most especially that from oil be distributed, when the majority is in power and the minority have the resource?"
So therefore, a time may come when the "minority" may decide to be free, because no man wants to live in another man's shadow.

6. Igbos are generally regarded as traders, and the lifeblood of their markets like Onitsha Main market and Ariaria international market is found in Lagos seaport where most of the goods come from. In Biafra, Lagos becomes another country hence tax and import/ export levies would increase drastically and logistics would become more difficult.
The other option is to trade via the Calabar Port, Delta Port or Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne. These ports are only found in the non-igbo states, hence another potential challenge.

7. What happens to Biafrans that have their livelihood rooted deeply in non biafran states? What happens to the igbos that constitute the majority of Alaba international market?
Would naturalization take place or would they liquidate assets and return to Biafra and start afresh?

8. Finally, the question of rulership. Who rules Biafra?
Currently, most Igbo people especially those in Abia and Imo state are dissatisfied with the condition of their states. They complain of bad government, massive looting, poor infrastructures etc, and they are currently ruled by Igbo governors.
If Biafra is formed who would rule then?
I believe it would be the same people that they complain of, and as you can see the cycle of pain and complaints would continue.

Problems are fixed by inward reflections not outward projections and blame shifting.

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, FOR A CHILD WHO DID NOT SEE THE WAR HAS SPOKEN.

They say from the IGR the north is feeding on us so we have to go. Then when biafra is formed, those from rivers akwa ibom etc will say igbos are feeding on them so they have to go.

Someone wakes up after he has secured british citizenship and an escape route for himself and family, he then wants to bring misinformed igbo youths in the middle of nowhere to desert them and run back to britain.
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Who will be in charge of Biafra? MASSOB OR IPOB?
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by tundamartin: 1:02am On Nov 11, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
I think u should devote more thoughts on y awolowo drank 15 naira rat poison

Inebriated rats like you should pay careful attention when a sage like me speak. Your fraudulent leader is now locked away in a dungeon as I predicted! The sky has not fallen, you empty bragging vessel!
Re: Assuming Biafra Comes. by mekaboy(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2017
Still on the biafria. What is the way forward?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In Africa / Nigerians Who Top Up N100 Airtime, Have N5,000 Account Balance Will Get Cash– FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.