Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,722 members, 7,889,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:40 AM

Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant (5292 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by GeorgeD1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Owu gal,
We don't necessarily assume with things of God. And covenant and contract are two
different things altogether.
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by biola44: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
its meant 2 be a convenant,
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by GeorgeD1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2009
Indeed. A covenant. No more, no less.
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by pek(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2009
it is a contact between two people and a convenant before God. for those who say it cannot be broken, i disagree.it can be broken!!!
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by GeorgeD1(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2009
break it at your own peril!
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by harakiri(m): 9:54am On Apr 01, 2011
A lot of people deceive themselves while dwelling in blissful ignorance and that's why when certain events happen to them, they either go into acute depression or commit suicide. Marriage is NOTHING MORE THAN A CONTRACT! ! ! Anyone who believes otherwise is living in fantasy island and needs to wake up. Anything that involves signing legal documents that are tenable in the court of law and can be used as leverage during a misunderstanding IS A CONTRACT (marriage certificate).

I believe that when people say "covenant", they are talking about marriage vows. Well, that "covenant" is always abused with little or no repercussions. Has marriage vows prevented people from cheating on each other?
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by Blazay(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2011
A contract for me.
I don't believe in covenants. . . material or spiritual. kiss
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by Natasha2(f): 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2011
harakiri:

A lot of people deceive themselves while dwelling in blissful ignorance and that's why when certain events happen to them, they either go into acute depression or commit suicide. Marriage is NOTHING MORE THAN A CONTRACT! ! ! Anyone who believes otherwise is living in fantasy island and needs to wake up. Anything that involves signing legal documents that are tenable in the court of law and can be used as leverage during a misunderstanding IS A CONTRACT (marriage certificate).

I believe that when people say "covenant", they are talking about marriage vows. Well, that "covenant" is always abused with little or no repercussions. Has marriage vows prevented people from cheating on each other?

Its a pity you are the one deceiving yourself anyway i'm not suprised we are in the last days so many people now view bad things as normal, deep inside you you know the truth so I wont bother to say anything
@op of course its a covenant between a man and a woman , you already know so why are you asking?
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by N101: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2011
It depends on where you're coming from:

In Islam it is a contract.

In Christianity it is perceived as a covenant.

Traditional marriages are more or less contractual

You can have a contract from a "Christian" perspective - that would be called a pre-nup.
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by harakiri(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
Any mutual understanding that involves signing paper work (marriage certificate) which could be used as a tenable document that is recognized in the court of law is a CONTRACT! ! !

Period! Anyone who thinks other wise is merely deceiving his/herself and will one day wake up from fantasy island!

Nuff said.
Re: Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant by Jellitah: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
Truth be told. . . you are DECEIVED by the world. . . it is a covenant. When you get in. . . YOU REALIZE IT IS A CONTRACT without terms! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Face With A Divorce Decision And I Need Ur Candid Advice / How Will U Handle Ur Husband's Mistress? / Please What Do These Calabar Names Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.