Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,671 members, 7,968,935 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:30 PM

Why Can't U Be Matured? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't U Be Matured? (1394 Views)

Pics! Can U Be A Gentleman Like This? / Can U Be Like My Ex? / U Be Mugu If U Do All These Things For A Babe In The Name Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2009
I have noticed that guyz (not the dumb ones now) often look for matured babez to settle down with. I wanna ask why they cannot be matured too. Girlz also want matured guyz. Not some mummy's boy that cannot think beyond his ego/friends/football/gadgets. . .

Just thinking. . . If u want a matured girl, why can't u develop yourself too and be matured while u search for the babe.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
Of course, this applies to the ladies too. If we expect to end up with a matured guy, we also need to develop ourselves. Curb certain excesses and be that woman any decent guy will love to take home to mama.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
Maturity is relative my dear. What you count as maturity may not be acceptable to another lady as 'maturity'. What is most essential is that you find what you looking for in a man. Get your priorities right, and if he does not have them, move on.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by tope2000(f): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2009
Tgirl4real:

I have noticed that guyz (not the dumb ones now) often look for matured babez to settle down with. I wanna ask why they cannot be matured too. Girlz also want matured guyz. Not some mummy's boy that cannot think beyond his ego/friends/football/gadgets. . .

Just thinking. . . If u want a matured girl, why can't u develop yourself too and be matured while u search for the babe.

I wonder o undecided
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Pataki, u are not absolutely right. It is not a matter of preferences. An immature guy is simply immature.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 11:47pm On Apr 08, 2009
Tgirl4real:

@ Pataki, u are not absolutely right. It is not a matter of preferences. An immature guy is simply immature.
The pertinent question to ask is that; is there a standard for measuring maturity? We all weigh maturity from our view points. What I may count as maturity in a relationship, might just be the foundation of accepting maturity to you. In other words, maturity is relative.

If a lady says she wants a man who is well established, financially, socially, spiritually etc. . . . . of course whatever standards she set is based on her exposure. Her exposure is determined by her maturity.

So I believe my point is absolutely right.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by biina: 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Beyond puberty, maturity (like most things in life) is relative. What you term as an immature behavior, might be taken as a sign of maturity by another. What one sees as being childishly possessive can be termed by another as being maturely in control.

When I take a stand, I am being bull-headed.
When my boss does it, he's being firm.

from  My Boss and I
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by tope2000(f): 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2009
Pataki:

The pertinent question to ask is that; is there a standard for measuring maturity? We all weigh maturity from our view points. What I may count as maturity in a relationship, might just be the foundation of accepting maturity to you.

If a lady says she wants a man who is well established, financially, socially, spiritually etc. . . . . of course whatever standards she set is based on her exposure. Her exposure is determined by her maturity.
So I believe my point is absolutely right.

i agree with this tgirl.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:14am On Apr 09, 2009
He has a point, fine. Being finacially or spiritually stable isn't the same as being matured. I expect that we mature and grow wiser as we increase in age and face life's challenges. But, still, some donot. The way u handle a situation determines how matured u are.

A guy that can balance between the time he spends with family/game/friends/work and his babe is matured in my opinion. A guy that knows how to apologise to his babe when he is clearly at fault is also a good example. Not an egoistic guy that thinks he is always right.

A woman that knows how to voice her disagreement without raising the roof, disrespectful or kill her hubby's ego is one matured woman. A woman that earns more than hubby and is still a respectful, and submissive wife is sure better than the one that brags.

I just believe, maturity can be seen in one person by 2 different people.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by tope2000(f): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2009
Tgirl4real:

He has a point, fine. Being finacially or spiritually stable isn't the same as being matured. I expect that we mature and grow wiser as we increase in age and face life's challenges. But, still, some donot. The way u handle a situation determines how matured u are.

A guy that can balance between the time he spends with family/game/friends/work and his babe is matured in my opinion. A guy that knows how to apologise to his babe when he is clearly at fault is also a good example. Not an egoistic guy that thinks he is always right.
A woman that knows how to voice her disagreement without raising the roof, disrespectful or kill her hubby's ego is one matured woman. A woman that earns more than hubby and is still a respectful, and submissive wife is sure better than the one that brags.

OMG that is one thing i hate most abt most naija men angry angry
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:19am On Apr 09, 2009
Another thing I have noticed is that, we can be matured in an area while working on another area of our lives. But, generally we are ok.

The crux of the thread is to make us look within. Like u said earlier Pataki, I may have sum'n I am looking for in a guy. The question is, am I also working on myself? Will the kind of guy I am looking for be interested in me when he sees me?
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:26am On Apr 09, 2009
Not all ladies or guys out there are looking for the matured type, some ladies are looking for that mommy's boy so the can control him and always have the last word.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:29am On Apr 09, 2009
U are right Ogidi. Though this thread is directed at d sensible ones.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Not all ladies or guys out there are looking for the matured type, some ladies are looking for that mommy's boy so the can control him and always have the last word.
Agreed, it's the way you present yourself to the guy. . . .

@post
If you act matured, the matured ones will come.
I tell you, no mature guy wants an irresponsible woman wink
If he's immature and unfortunately steps on ya path, he wnt stand around for you to tell him off.

Are you using those threads on Nl as example? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 12:32am On Apr 09, 2009
Tgirl4real:

@ Tgirl4real,

Yes you are quite right with your rejoinder. However, there are some fundamental issues you still are missing, which I feel I should point out. That you state that one being financially, spiritually stable or OK cannot be used as being matured has its flaws. The exclusive parameter to weighing such is relative and different ladies have often times used it as a maturity criteria when choosing their man. Would you therefore imply they are immatured?

In my view, the main determinant to be used for assessing maturity is seeing a person who is ready to open-up and make amends when in the wrong. Not only in the wrong, but is willing to accept and take in corrections when necessary, but yet still can stamp his or her feet when situation demands.

I agree with you, maturity can be seen by two different people in one person, but yet still, it does not form the totality or summation that such an individual is solely matured.

Tgirl4real:

Another thing I have noticed is that, we can be matured in an area while working on another area of our lives. But, generally we are ok.

The crux of the thread is to make us look within. Like u said earlier Pataki, I may have sum'n I am looking for in a guy. The question is, am I also working on myself? Will the kind of guy I am looking for be interested in me when he sees me?
I absolutely concur with you here Miss. smiley
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:36am On Apr 09, 2009
I agree with u too Mr. Lol

@ Toyin, it has nothing to do with NL threads. It's a general observation and I believe we can all learn from it.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 09, 2009
Tgirl4real:

@ Toyin, it has nothing to do with NL threads. It's a general observation and I believe we can all learn from it.
Understandable wink

Just that I don't take most of the threads serious grin grin
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 1:05am On Apr 09, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Understandable wink

Just that I don't take most of the threads serious grin grin
No one is asking you to take any thread serious. You might as well move over to the joke section. People with real life time issues come here and raise it up for discussions, albeit, there are some un-serious threads in this section. It however does not mean, most threads must be treated as a joke or chit-chat arena.

Tgirl4real:

So soon? Lol!!!

Phew!
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 09, 2009
Pataki:

No one is asking you to take any thread serious. You might as well move over to the joke section. People with real life time issues come here and raise it up for discussions, albeit, there are some un-serious threads in this section. It however does not mean, most threads must be treated as a joke or chit-chat arena.
So soon? Lol!!!!
I said, most of the threads. . . .and the threads in question are those asking for "good, Nigerian Christians".

Thank you, next time you want to jump on someone, it's good to know what the discussion at hand is wink
And before you begin your overbearing epistle. . . .it's best to let you know I won't take that one "serious" too cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 1:10am On Apr 09, 2009
biina:

Beyond of puberty, maturity (like most things in life) is relative. What you term as an immature behavior, might be taken as a sign of maturity by another. What one sees as being childishly possessive can be termed by another as being maturely in control.

When I take a stand, I am being bull-headed.
When my boss does it, he's being firm.

from  My Boss and I

I totally agree. But I think you should have quoted Tgirl4real and not me. As you and I are apparently on the same side of discourse.

Anyways, thanks for the add-on.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 1:26am On Apr 09, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

I said, most of the threads. . . .and the threads in question are those asking for "good, Nigerian Christians".

Thank you, next time you want to jump on someone, it's good to know what the discussion at hand is wink
And before you begin your overbearing epistle. . . .it's best to let you know I won't take that one "serious" too cheesy cheesy
Funny how suddenly you think in your ''esteemed intelligence'' I should refer back to know what the discussion on hand is about. No where in the subject of discourse did the poster raise or infer to threads on the romance section. You interjected that discourse, which was utterly irrelevant. And given your penchant for turning threads into a chit-chat session, it is best to drive home the necessary message to you.

Funny also how you think I type ''overbearing epistle'' whatever the jargons that means though. At least one thing is clear: the message was delivered.
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 09, 2009
Pataki:

Funny how suddenly you think in your ''esteemed intelligence'' I should refer back to know what the discussion on hand is about. No where in the subject of discourse did the poster raise or infer to threads on the romance section. You interjected that discourse, which was utterly irrelevant. And given your penchant for turning threads into a chit-chat session, it is best to drive home the necessary message to you.

Funny also how you think I type ''overbearing epistle'' whatever the jargons that means though. At least one thing is clear: the message was delivered.
Predicted. . . .next!

We know you love to live up to your name, mr important grin grin
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Sissy3(f): 1:29am On Apr 09, 2009
quote from Tgirl "If u want a matured girl, why can't u develop yourself too and be matured while u search for the babe."

i think some folks while looking for matured babes, don't polish up their own maturity because to them they have attain that level of maturity that they deem appropriate or mature enough.

@ post

i kinda agree with you, if you want a matured partner/spouse you have to be matured yourself. in other words be the change you want to see in others
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:31am On Apr 09, 2009
Pataki:

Pls don't be mad at me, but I don't see any reason why you turning this discussion into a fight, the girl gave her opinion, give yours and move on. No need to take everything so serious my brother pls. sad
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Pataki: 1:33am On Apr 09, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Pls don't be mad at me, but I don't see any reason why you turning this discussion into a fight, the girl gave her opinion, give yours and move on. No need to take everything so serious my brother pls. sad
Hilarious.

Giving my own opinion implies I am turning the discussion into a fight? undecided
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 09, 2009
OgidiBoy:

You don't know the guy. . . .he must feel important.

I gave my opinion, his own opinion matters too. But he should know that it does not matter to everyone wink
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:36am On Apr 09, 2009
Pataki:

Hilarious.

Giving my own opinion implies I am turning the discussion into a fight? undecided

No vex oo biko cry

Now back to topic lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:38am On Apr 09, 2009
Lmao look at this one. Fear don reach you. So much for "dont mess with texas" grin grin

Tgirl if a "mature" girl makes it clear that she wont take immature behavior from a guy, things will go smoothly but sadly some females feel that they should be the one to change within while leave the dude to do his usual crap so you cant really be surprised by such sitiuations
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:47am On Apr 09, 2009
Are you a longhorn too shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin

Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 09, 2009
No, it means that you're acting like a little boy, sucking up.

It's kinda pathetic, so. . . .man up, baby wink
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:53am On Apr 09, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

No, it means that you're acting like a little boy, sucking up.

It's kinda pathetic, so. . . .man up, baby wink

*totally speechless* shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Can't U Be Matured? by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 09, 2009
awww pele smiley wink

Back to topic

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Colour, Size And Type Of P: Do You Want Her To Put On (ladies Permitted) / Pls Help / dd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.