Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,563 members, 7,929,803 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:37 PM

Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. (977 Views)

FG Slams 90-count Criminal Charge On Peace Corps / "I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by gbenson(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Power supply has improved according to data released from NERC but many areas are not benefiting due to the activities of RATIONING by the various DISCO's.

In my area Covered by Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), I have a prepaid meter and pay a fixed rate each month irrespective if I use power or not. I don't have any problem with that if power is supplied when available, but then there is this practice of rationing 2days on 2days off by the AEDC for reasons best known to them. During the days that we are supposed to have power, we sometimes remain in darkness for 6 to 8 hours at times we dont even have power at all.

Due to this system I AM IN DARKNESS FOR MORE THAN 15 DAYS EVERY MONTH DUE TO RATIONING AND WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY A FIXED RATE FOR FULL 30 DAYS BEFORE PAYING MY BILLS.

IF they have to give me power for half a month using rationing (1day on 1day off or whatever) why should I pay 30days fixed charge in addition to the ever increasing bill.

This fixed rate scheme is a SCAM. Either the DISCO's scrap their rationing policy and charge your fixed rate monthly or charge rates for days they supply power according to their rationing policy. Why should I keep paying for services NOT RENDERED.

Whats your take on this issue.

cc. lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by eightsin(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2015
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by Jj222(f): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2015
u just said what is in my mind. pls some thing need to be done here.
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2015
/* systemError()
Return: NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE ; */
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by lordthree(m): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2015
well in ph here last month we got the prepaid meters where you buy credits and power supply has been awesome here maybe because now people don't misuse electricity in their homes like when we want to iron we turn off all lights, TVs too, idk if this has added to anything but these days we have electricity 23hours everyday. which is awesome for a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by gbenson(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2015
Jj222:
u just said what is in my mind. pls some thing need to be done here.

Consumers have to speak up so that this RIP OFF will stop.
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by blackfase(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Op, your not alone. Its almost worse in my own area here in badagry. We'v shouted hoarse but nothin changes. Its inconceivably crazy. D senate already abolished d obnoxious fixed charge, hope they follow thru on their directive. Buhari needs to spank these thieves really. I really dont blame people callin this contraption a zoo. It has all its trappings.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by gbenson(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2015
blackfase:
Op, your not alone. Its almost worse in my own area here in badagry. We'v shouted hoarse but nothin changes. Its inconceivably crazy. D senate already abolished d obnoxious fixed charge, hope they follow thru on their directive. Buhari needs to spank these thieves really. I really dont blame people callin this contraption a zoo. It has all its trappings.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by gbenson(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
SENATE DIRECTS NERC TO STOP FIXED CHARGES ON ELECTRICITY.

The senate also directed NERC to a make a regulation to mandate the DISCOs to discontinue the practice of making consumers pay for meters, ‎poles and transformers which by law are property of the DISCOs.

“Despite all efforts‎ by the government however, there has been constant level of arbitrariness, whereby electricity consumers are charged extortionate rates, fixed rate, based on the use of the billed meters installed by the then Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

“The distribution companies since the takeoff of their operation has been ripping off consumers through fixed charges and bulk metering across the country.”
https://www.naij.com/515040-senate-urges-nerc-immediately-abolish-fixed-charges-electricity-consumption.html

They have refused to comply with this directive.
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by nogames: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
gbenson:
Power supply has improved according to data released from NERC but many areas are not benefiting due to the activities of RATIONING by the various DISCO's.

In my area Covered by Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), I have a prepaid meter and pay a fixed rate each month irrespective if I use power or not. I don't have any problem with that if power is supplied when available, but then there is this practice of rationing 2days on 2days off by the AEDC for reasons best known to them. During the days that we are supposed to have power, we sometimes remain in darkness for 6 to 8 hours at times we dont even have power at all.

Due to this system I AM IN DARKNESS FOR MORE THAN 15 DAYS EVERY MONTH DUE TO RATIONING AND WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY A FIXED RATE FOR FULL 30 DAYS BEFORE PAYING MY BILLS.

IF they have to give me power for half a month using rationing (1day on 1day off or whatever) why should I pay 30days fixed charge in addition to the ever increasing bill.

This fixed rate scheme is a SCAM. Either the DISCO's scrap their rationing policy and charge your fixed rate monthly or charge rates for days they supply power according to their rationing policy. Why should I keep paying for services NOT RENDERED.

Whats your take on this issue.

cc. lalasticlala

Your own is better, here at abule-egba, Lagos they ration it as well b 2 day on 1 day off. No meter at end of the month they send bill of 9k to 10k
each flat am fed-up
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by orunto27: 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Utilities supply is actually improving. The Government should please keep the pressures on.
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by baralatie(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
orunto27:
Utilities supply is actually improving. The Government should please keep the pressures on.
The answer is not supply but in the metering system.if you have a pay as use meter.you will see electric supply stable itself
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by gbenson(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
orunto27:

Yes it is improving but what difference does it make when it is rationed 2days on 3days off?

And the worst part of it is that you are charged a fixed rate everyday even when they deliberately refuse to give you power.
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by semasir: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hi, you can join www.badagryforum.com and make your inputs there to promote Badagry and also give insights. It's a forum dedicated to Badagry.

Thanks

blackfase:
Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by blackfase(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ok, thanks for d honor.

semasir:
Hi, you can join www.badagryforum.com and make your inputs there to promote Badagry and also give insights. It's a forum dedicated to Badagry.

Thanks

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by Realdeals(m): 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
OP, you have spoken well. Light rationing is sickening

1 Like

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by unitysheart(m): 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
Same complain my parents make. Two days on two days off.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. by semasir: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2015
My pleasure

blackfase:

Ok, thanks for d honor.

(1) (Reply)

Naija U Too Much -nigerian Woman Set To Contest For Spain Presidential Election / Faseun Brought Peace Between Ijaw , Yoruba, Says Egbesu Chief / Nigeria on "Auto Pilot " VOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.