Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,658 members, 7,930,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:47 PM

Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout (12831 Views)

Buhari Approves N35bn For The Niger Delta Amnesty Programme / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP / Aregbesola Fixed N35bn Bailout For Gain, PDP Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by thefakestan: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2015
But he is APCv so a Saint
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by free2ryhme: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2015
All these civil service states are in trouble. In situations like this, the fault can never rest with only one side. Yes, the pensioners have been denied their money for so long, but take a long look before you judge: the society is reaping what it sowed! Givernments don't manufacture money and no amount of politics will manufacture money. Osun is broke and that is that.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2015
I CHERISH THIS CHANGE . Aregbe ,carry go jare, They were deceived by your odourless FUFU .
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by 989900: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2015
When the people of Osun are ready, they know what to do.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by appini: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2015
Osun state is doomed.

The surprising thing about most of the indigene's is that if, the he goat contests tomorrow again as a governor; most of them will still vote for him.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by rman: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2015
Argbesola is not a governor but an emperor.

I worked in Osun for a few years during his first term and I was one of the few people that told peeps he thinks he is all that and can do no wrong. I also predicted that state lacks the capacity to embark on all the uncompleted projects littered all over the state.

Th moment your leader sees himself as a messiah, then the people are in trouble. Also, too many people lick his ass, including all his commissioners.

The Aregbesola I know thinks he his doing the workers a favour by not paying.

He once said in a speech " I have never cheated on my wife " and told I those around me, " who cares?"

1 Like

Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Nicepoker(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2015
Toothless dogs. Osun people will shout and rant behind ogbeni. If the rascal is heading towards osogbo u will be shocked on how these same people will rally around him like beggars. Na okada men own worst pass. If u stay in osun state u will understand that these people are cowards. When I try to educated them on how wicked their governor is. U will see them trying to take sides with that f00lish governor.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by j4sure(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2015
Noted
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by tonychristopher: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2015
Osun again.....

why wont sophisticated economist bail this dude out? is it because he is an alfa or muslim #

that state should be bold and do the needful

THEY SHOULD JUST DECLARE BANKRUPTCY AND MERGE with the nearrest state...they can not feed themselves and govern themselves.

the truth must be told

THEY SHOULD THROW IN THE TOWEL...WE have given up all hope on Osun they sgould just merge
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2015
this man is clearly a thief.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by ksbusari(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2015
gunuvi:
Aregbesola pls carry go. Your people love to suffer that's why they voted you. We told them but they said even if ACN presents a dog they will still cast their votes for it.
Pls you have my backing jare. Awon alaigboran ti a so fun pe aregbe wa ninu awon to ko owo Eko je pelu oga e Tinubu. Won ni iro ni. She e ti ri oju aye bayi.
son of a bitch. U r damn crazy. Was it crime votin him? I spit on u.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by ksbusari(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2015
LatestTrend:
Aregbesola - A kogi born rascal punishing Osun citizens since 1833 tongue

Osun people need to wise up because when Bisi Akande was governor under AD, he sacked alot of workers which resulted into the death of many.

Now Aregbe is killing them with unpaid salaries.

Any foundation laid by bola Ige is a curse to Osun citizens.

Chai !! shocked
i never believed bt nw my eyes don clear.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:13am On Sep 16, 2015
Aregbe is accused of withdrawing N20 billon niara to pay contractors. Progresive ideology is beautiful road with street light on top hungry stomach. Even a fool knew these campaing promises were unachievable.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Lionhearted: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2015
Two years ago they said he is working...

Roads construction everywhere...being done by Lagos contractors albeit at inflated cost...the people don't mind so far he is working...even though money don't circulate in Osun...it flies to Lagos!

Now the roads are falling apart...projects abandoned...salaries and pensions owed...and Aregbe blamed Jonathan.

Now Jonathan is no longer there...who is to blame..? OSUN people..! For voting him again...

If only PDP hasn't fielded Omisore...
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
This is simply wickedness in it's purest form.

I spit on this man.

but you voted for him na. grin
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Lionhearted: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Aregbe is accused of withdrawing N20 billon niara to pay contractors. Progresive ideology is beautiful road with street light on top hungry stomach. Even a fool knew these campaing promises were unachievable.

He forgot hungry people don't have cars talkless of driving on smooth roads.

Who gets to drive on the beautiful and spotless roads? The elites!

APC brand of progressive isn't simply for the masses...the common people!
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by ikkkkk: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2015
uselessgoat:
[b]There is a popular saying that to keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done. We need ourselves more than ever. There is strenght in our diversity and if properly utilized we can build a stronger Nigeria. The Igbos really need to drop this idea of Biafra because it is dead on arrival. Secession is not the solution to the high poverty rate in the south east neither will it eliminate greedy politicians who have refused to let the SE thrive. The igbos need to look inward and look for ways they can develop their region within the Nigerian context. We the Yorubas are not bothered about breaking away. We worked so hard to develop Lagos and the South west so everyone can thrive and this is why the igbos and other tribes keeps flocking to the SW to tap from the potentials and opportunities Yoruba land has to offer. This is the kind of mentality the Igbos need to develop. South sudan broke away from sudan and still nothing has changed because they remain poor and depend on aids to survive. The igbos need to work together with every section of Nigeria so they can be relevant in the Nigerian system instead of calling we the Yoruba's slaves to Hausa-fulani. The igbos are the real slaves here because they are the ones in bondage and yearning for freedom.The igbos should remember the last civil war and never allow Nnamdi Kanu to lure them into another blood bath. Biafra is a dream that cant be realized. We will support the Hausa-Fulanis to resist any form of secession. We will defend the unity of One Nigeria just like we did in the late 60's. A word is enough for the wise.

SAY NO TO BIAFRA

GOD BLESS OUR UNITED NIGERIA.[/b]

A very biased writeup. From ur write up, the Yoruba's are "spotless and the most well behaved in Nigeria" very "accomodating"
Not tribalistic etc.
This is crap. Am not in support of Biafra either. But instead of being abused by ur kingsmen daily on this thread, being told constantly by ur kingsmen to leave Lagos for Yoruba's cos I'm igbo, Nor ur Oba's threatening to throw us into the Lagoon, because we wanted to vote a candidate of our choice during the last elections. I still remember the picture of some Yourba fools carrying placards which has anti igbo slogans on them, with all these flowing in my mind.
I have no other option but to wish for Biafra. rather than coexisting with people who doesn't like you its a hundred percent logical to breakaway and form ur own republic.

I don't want Biafra but the Yoruba's need to change their mentality/ attitude if we must stay 2geda.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by baralatie(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2015
na wa o"
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by timothyfixed9(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2015
good morning everyone, here is our won ticket from weekend fixed matches, i congratulate everyone that subscribed and won with me, my next games are available for this weekend with an odd of 987 and 50 odds, for those who want to partake on my next games should call or add me on whatsapp with is number 080 6074 5109.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Amack(m): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2015
Is he president Buhari still fighting corruption or opposition? He have to give us Example with Mr Aregbe thief than I can take him serious. All this probe probe wey we dey hear every day na propaganda. Make una no talk say na me talk.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Happiness87(f): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2015
omenka:
I think Aregbeshola has succeeded in ceeding Osun state to PDP.

Smh.
hahaha, you are saying this, for your information there is no free and fair elections in Nigeria yet, APC only needs to manipulate the system to favor them, majority of the power blocs are in APC, all they need is to mobilize their followers and tell them all is well. PDP will not win osun state not just yet. politics in Nigeria doesn't work that way
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by free13: 10:31am On Sep 16, 2015
Osunooooooo....... grin
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Ephemmm: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Firefire:

This is painful, and unfortunately APC leadership kept silent.

Alhaji Lie Mohamed should say something, our people in Osun are dying of starvation and hunger, the state is gradually sliding to anarchy.

Lalasticlala, good morning, we need to cry to the heavenly in support of the flesh and blood in Osun state.

Should we wait till we start posting RIP, or Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’oon when the death toll increase

How many of your relatives living there have died? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2015
ikkkkk:

A very biased writeup. From ur write up, the Yoruba's are "spotless and the most well behaved in Nigeria" very "accomodating"
Not tribalistic etc.
This is crap. Am not in support of Biafra either. But instead of being abused by ur kingsmen daily on this thread, being told constantly by ur kingsmen to leave Lagos for Yoruba's cos I'm igbo, Nor ur Oba's threatening to throw us into the Lagoon, because we wanted to vote a candidate of our choice during the last elections. I still remember the picture of some Yourba fools carrying placards which has anti igbo slogans on them, with all these flowing in my mind.
I have no other option but to wish for Biafra. rather than coexisting with people who doesn't like you its a hundred percent logical to breakaway and form ur own republic.

I don't want Biafra but the Yoruba's need to change their mentality/ attitude if we must stay 2geda.

You owe that thing no explanation. Check his previous posts and you will see that he is not normal
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by lonelydora: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2015
When I thought T.A. Orji is wicked, then Rauf pops up.
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by front247: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2015
Apc govs are d worst. Apc is a party of lies and propaganda
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by davidque007(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2015
What exactly is Rauf's game plan? What is he playing@? Or is he just plane insensitive and wicked? He is really setting the APC up for eviction in osun state
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by shizzy7(f): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2015
YES,Good Move
Ekiti should follow they are not doing anything

The working SE governors are
OYO
OGUN &
LAGOS
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by hinwazaka: 10:42am On Sep 16, 2015
A government made up primarily of SW and the north is synonymous with constituting a LG financial committee with only Fulani herdsmen and Mushin area boys. What you would get is lunacy, accounting mishaps, lack of coordination, improper conduct. Now we see why:according to the Osun state govenor, NOI reduced the FG allocation to the state. They must have noticed that this refrigerator technician turned govenor was playing Calo Calo with his allocations. Give a man from the southwest 100,000 naira and ask him for it in a month, he will tell you that he used it to buy stocks, ask him for it in 2 months time, he will tell you that, he moved it from SEC to national lotto, ask him in 3 months time, he will tell you that it is now with Betnaija and he has insider information. But if you organise your own investigations, you will discover that he invested it in Pa Mulikat's 70th birthday bash.This APC government will take us back to the days of Abacha.

2 Likes

Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by wildchild1: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2015
Ogbeni should give these people their money na

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout by christinie(f): 11:11am On Sep 16, 2015
APC!! Change ooooooo.

Ndi ara!

Firefire:
The Nigeria Union of Pensioners in Osun State has urged the Central Bank of Nigeria to put an embargo on the N34.988bn bailout released to the state for the payment of workers’ salaries and pensions.

The Chairman of the NUP in the state, Tunde Ogunniyi, who said this at a press conference in Osogbo on Tuesday, said this call became necessary because Governor Rauf Aregbesola had allegedly refused to use the fund for what it was meant for.

Ogunniyi also called on President Muhammdu Buhari and the National Assembly to declare emergency rule in the state because the state was gravitating towards anarchy because of non-payment of salaries and pensions.

The pensioners said while many states which took the bailout had started paying backlog of salaries to their workers, Aregbesola had refused to pay workers and pensioners their entitlements.

The NUP chairman said pensioners in the state were being owed a backlog of unpaid pensions ranging from 10 to 15 months. He stated that some of the pensioners were paid half of December 2014 pension and none had been paid a dime in 2015.

He said, “Pensioners have complied with the conditions laid down by the government for them to access their entitlements, which is screening of all pensioners in the state.

“We expect the state government to have commenced payment after the screening about three weeks ago but the government has refused to do so.

“ This action of Osun State Government, led by Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, amount to deliberate display of callousness, greediness, wickedness, flagrant disobedience to the rule of law, maladministration and fraud.

“We hereby resolved that the Central Bank of Nigeria should immediately take over the direct payment of the money to each pensioner or in the alternative, place embargo on the state government from accessing the loan which the governor is planning to divert to fund white elephant projects.”

Ogunniyi said EcoBank took similar action when it lent Osun State some money to offset pension arrears in 2014.

He explained that the step was taken by the bank to ensure that the loan was not diverted for other use.

The pensioner stated that many members of the NUP had died prematurely because of lack of money to feed and buy drugs to treat diseases which some of them were managing.

The union however called on the anti-graft agencies to investigate Aregbesola on how he had been managing the finances of the state, saying, “He should be punished in accordance with the anti-graft law of the land.

“We also want to warn these Lagos contractors to immediately pack all their equipment and leave Osun State within one week because their safety can no longer be guaranteed by the hungry pensioners, workers and citizens of Osun State.”

There has been allegation from the Peoples Democratic Party in the state that the governor paid a contractor N20bn from the bailout but the governor had since denied it.

Aregbesola had on Monday in a statement assured workers and pensioners that the bailout would be used for the purpose which it was meant.

The governor’s media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, said the first batch of payment this week will be made from the allocations received for the month of July. This is only pending the conclusion of the verification exercise which the Labour itself called for in order to determine the actual workforce of the state.

He said this explanation became necessary because of the “various insinuations and manipulations of the minds of the people, giving the impression that the funds will be diverted to other purposes.”

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/news/pensioners-ask-cbn-to-stop-osun-n35bn-bailout/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Knocks Jonathan Over Corruption Claims / Onnoghen: Fayose Reacts, Says Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler / 2023: Tinubu/Shettima Will Win Presidential Election – Lalong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.