Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:02 AM

Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP (26760 Views)

Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP / Pensioners Ask CBN To Stop Osun N35bn Bailout / We’re Identifying Banks, Countries Where Stolen Funds Were Lodged — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Osun state chapter has accused the Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, of fixing the N34.988bn bailout received from the Central Bank of Nigeria for two months with a commercial bank.

Its spokesman, Diran Odeyemi, in a statement in Osogbo on Monday said Osun received the fund about two weeks ago but that the governor decided to lodge it in a fixed deposit in order to attract interest.

The statement partly read, “Only paper work was completed last week. But since the arrival of the money exactly 14 days ago, Mr. Aregbesola in his usual ‘I don’t care nature’ instead of commencing payments of workers dues, lodged the N35bn given to the state.

“According to our findings, the bank that agreed to give Mr. Aregbesola the biggest interest running into several millions of naira was given the money to fix.

“The governor is buying time, for over two weeks now, he had been hiding behind staff screening to fish out ghost workers and the exercise is designed to last for another eight weeks.”

The PDP said the party was concerned by the suffering the workers and pensioners were going through due to the delay in payment of their salaries and pensions.

But reacting, Semiu Okanlawon, the governor’s media aide said the PDP fabricated the date, insisting that the fund was received even when the CBN said the money was released last week.

He said, “The verification exercise which the party claims is the subterfuge for this alleged lodgement in a fixed deposit account for personal gains is being handled with active involvement of civil servants.

“Does the PDP expect the workers themselves to delay the verification for its imagined interests on the funds to materialise?

“Its claim that bailout was paid two weeks ago further confirms its dubious intention because even the Central Bank of Nigeria still confirmed the list of states that first received their shares while the same CBN said other states would get theirs on or before the end of last week.

“The PDP would do well to tell the world where it got its own information on the date of the bailout release to Osun as well as provide evidence of the alleged lodgement.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/08/aregbesola-lodged-n35bn-bailout-in-fixed-deposit-for-profit-pdp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by gozmok1(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2015
Oh gush

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2015
This guy is just plain evil, so all these while he was owing salary, he didn't do verification. How can one be so devilish to think of himself only.

Pay this people for God's sake, it is not your money.

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by DaBullIT(m): 9:51am On Sep 08, 2015
PDP and Fake Stories

Blood and Vein

smh

*Modified* For the he and she goats insulting me and defending PDP criers

You need to understand that The last thing the state needs is fraudulent workers / ghost workers embezzling the not enough funds, and if they have to do paper work to make sure every penny is spent justly i am happy with it, Do you expect governor to keep funds in his house or state house while they have to scrutinize every recipient or civil servants?? Besides, i have seen people who make fixed deposit , the profit is not enough for anything it's not like they offer 50% interest in a few months, in most cases the profit is like 0.003% per month more importantly banks hardly accept fixed deposit for 1 month period , . Keep wailing, may the Good Lord not console you

Do yourself a favor and read from this analysis of fixed deposits

http://www.mrpepe.com/banking/which-is-the-best-account-for-a-fixed-deposit-gtbank-or-firstbank/

17 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by ruggedboy01: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Carry go our able apc governor(s) grin grin cheesy

Change all the way cheesy grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2015
this man is evil so enven d lecturers r gost workers too?

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by rusher14: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2015
If true then this man must be of the devil himself.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:53am On Sep 08, 2015
Aregbe is the most cruel governor in nigeria

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by tolexy007(m): 9:53am On Sep 08, 2015
sad
Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2015
Aregbe is a business man whether osun people are hungry or not.

During their hunger period, aregbe was busy collecting interest from fixed money, he's repeating the same thing now.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by idupaul: 9:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Aregbesola is nothing but a lowlife criminal joor

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by boujaye: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Aregbe is a business man whether osun people are hungry or not.
yes o, aregbese does not fear igbese. playing sharp as usual, 4geting probemaster's CCTV is watching.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by shaddoww: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by lurther: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2015
I blame his people. I blame Osun people. I don't blame Aregbesola at all. Infact, Aregbesola, go ahead, dont pay a dime to them, embezzle their money and the profit together.

Next time, Osun people will not vote with sentiments. Knowing fully well that Aregesola is a thief going by his antecedents, they still voted him because of Tinubu's Amala and Rice. Next time, if Osun people see amala during campaign, they will run.

Sentimental people.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by shaddoww: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
This guy is just plain evil, so all these while he was doing owing salary, he didn't do verification. How can one be so devilish to think of himself only.

The verification became necessary wen there was disagreement btw d government n d NLC over d total number of civil servants in d state, d government claims it spends close to 3.6billion on salaries n pensions, so it was jointly agreed dat d government should do a verification exercise which is even been conducted by d civil service commission, d situation in Osun is not as worse as been portrayed in d media n from d list of states collecting bailout u can see dat it's not peculiar to Osun alone, just recently OYO was even saying it needs more money despite d bailout.

11 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by shaddoww: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2015
lurther:
I blame his people. I blame Osun people. I don't blame Aregbesola at all. Infact, Aregbesola, go ahead, dont pay a dime to them, embezzle their money and the profit together.

Next time, Osun people will not vote with sentiments. Knowing fully well that. Aregesola is a thief going by his antecedents and they still voted him because of Tinubu Amala and Rice. Next time, if Osun people see amala during campaign, they will run.

Sentimental people.
do u still have more rubbish to type?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Firefire(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2015
[size=18pt]Aregbesola, why ? why why [/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2015
shaddoww:
The verification became necessary wen there was disagreement btw d government n d NLC over d total number of civil servants in d state, d government claims it spends close to 3.6billion on salaries n pensions, so it was jointly agreed dat d government should do a verification exercise which is even been conducted by d civil service commission, d situation in Osun is not as worse as been portrayed in d media n from d list of states collecting bailout u can see dat it's not peculiar to Osun alone, just recently OYO was even saying it needs more money despite d bailout.
Why didn't they do this verification all these while? Does the government not have a register for people on it's payroll, these shows the lack of capacity by the governor, this is a second term governor for God's sake.

Oyo state another example of incompetent governments.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by drey076(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2015
Aregbesola is a criminal
But I think pdp is better off as opposition party because they will do more Dan dat if they are ruling

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by ezeonline2(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2015
What! What's the change we av been clamouring about. God help us in this country.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by shaddoww: 10:22am On Sep 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why didn't they do this verification all these while? Does the government not have a register for people on it's payroll, these shows the lack of capacity by the governor, this is a second term governor for God's sake.

Oyo state another example of incompetent governments.
U know dis is Nigeria, if he had wanted to do it earlier in his first term, d civil servants would av termed it witch-hunt or an attempt to sack dem, bt d circumstances of now just gave dem d perfect time to do such, remember Fayemi in Ekiti lost d support of teachers cos he wanted to do a competency test for dem, which was d right thing, so we need to understand d complexity of things in our society, but if d bailout is with him, he should pay-up immediately since he will even b having a good balance to b used for projects. Although I heard from one of their house of reps member dat he will pay before Salah

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by femmy2010(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
This guy is just plain evil, so all these while he was owing salary, he didn't do verification. How can one be so devilish to think of himself only.

My guess is peeps would have complained more if he had started the ghost worker fishing out process when the money to pay staffs weren't on ground.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by rad1cal2: 10:26am On Sep 08, 2015
This is the same man keeping the PAUPER omo-werey omooba969 and family perpetually hungry and starved embarassed

omooba969:

AM FROM OSUN STATE & AREGBESOLA IS MY GOVERNOR!!!...happy nw? ...mad thief cheesy

Meanwhile, nairalanders should please persuade him to accept my humble offer below grin

rad1cal2:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha !!! May hunger not destroy your entire lineage. Amen

My offer of two cups of rice, 1 pepper, 1 pinch of maggi, 1 pinch of salt and a slice of onion to serve as meat for your sorry family.

Don't be too shy. embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2015
femmy2010:

My guess is peeps would have complained more if he had started the ghost worker fishing out process when the money to pay staffs weren't on ground.
Does this mean he was previously wasting money paying ghost workers all through his first term

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Buhari can't do anything about this because Aregbesola needs to recover the money he spent on buhari's campaign.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2015
shaddoww:
U know dis is Nigeria, if he had wanted to do it earlier in his first term, d civil servants would av termed it witch-hunt or an attempt to sack dem, bt d circumstances of now just gave dem d perfect time to do such, remember Fayemi in Ekiti lost d support of teachers cos he wanted to do a competency test for dem, which was d right thing, so we need to understand d complexity of things in our society, but if d bailout is with him, he should pay-up immediately since he will even b having a good balance to b used for projects. Although I heard from one of their house of reps member dat he will pay before Salah
I still think a serious government will discard mentality and streamline his payload. I read SMALL osun has on of the largest civil service in the country an this was done by aregbesola himself with the numerous Oyes

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by dunkem21(m): 10:42am On Sep 08, 2015
No comment lipsrsealed

The message will sink better coming from a progressive ..

Obiagelli, drive it home as usual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2015
Satanic Wickedness angry

Buhari should deal with this devil. angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

I still think a serious government will discard mentality and streamline his payload. I read SMALL osun has on of the largest civil service in the country an this was done by aregbesola himself with the numerous Oyes
"Please, don't insult aregbesola, he's a progressive", Quote me anywhere.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by BlackBaron: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Probably the worst governor ever...after the widely derided Theodore Orji

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by ednut1(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2015
if true that is about N700m interest. angry dat is wat dey do at all levels of govt no be new tin. cry

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP by Trailblazer1(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
wailing wailer

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leaked SGF ₦1bn Memo: Tinubu Presidency Is A Cesspit Of Corruption - PDP / FG Shortlists 20 Candidates For AGF’s Replacement, Begins Accreditation Monday / Anger As Policemen Shoot Soldier In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.