Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,092 members, 7,919,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:04 AM

5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband (875 Views)

Problems Ladies With Big Boobs Have / Annoying Things Ladies Do (pictures) / 10 Things Ladies Check In Men Before Marrying Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2015
Below are 5 traits chicks with standards look for in a guy:

1. Someone who doesn’t drink excessively and/or brag about their drinking habits.

“Duuuuuude, I got so wrecked last night,” OR “I don’t even remember seeing you, I was blacked out.” = NOPE. Sorry boys, but the boozebag shtick is a total turn-off. Sure, it was funny and sort-of expected back in college, but you no longer live in a frat. Don’t be a sloppy drunk or gloat about your alcoholism. Grow the hell up.

2. Someone who has emotional intelligence.

As we get older, we realize we’re no longer living in a world (read: high school) where being smart equals being a nerd. Being intelligent and having the ability to have an intellectual conversation with someone becomes so important to us as we mature because we realize there’s more to life than spending time with some good-looking nitwit. We want to be able to have stimulating adult conversations and healthy debates and if there’s nothing going on upstairs, well, that’s really difficult to accomplish.

3. Someone who genuinely cares about their family.

If you’re rude to your mother? BYE. If you don’t have any sort of relationship with your family (immediate, extended, whoever) that’s a huge red flag, epspecially to someone who’s very family-oriented. Sure, when you’re younger you tend to go through a phase where you don’t find your own family “cool” and you’d rather hang out with your friends. That’s normal. But when you meet a guy later in life and family doesn’t seem to be a priority to him at all, it may give you a not-so-great glimpse into your future.

4. Someone who has basic, proper phone etiquette.

Texting is totally fine — it’s the 21st Century, we all do it. But you want a guy who actually bites the bullet and makes plans with you instead of just texting sporadically. You want someone who’s responsive and gives you more than just a one-word answer or worse, the dreaded emoji response. He doesn’t drunk-dial or hit you up at 2am — we all know what that means — instead, he picks up the freakin’ phone and dials your number to speak to you. (I know, I know, what is this, 1998?)

5. Someone who truly respects women.

He doesn’t use the word “bitch” or “ho” when describing other women (or you). He doesn’t follow an abundance of P0*n accounts on social media (hello, we can SEE you.) He is chivalrous and kind and polite. He treats you with respect and doesn’t talk down to you or berate you. This is crucial.

As I wrote this, I couldn’t help but think about the younger women in my life — cousins, coworkers, etc. And even though a lot of the aforementioned things didn’t matter to me when I was their age, you know what? It should have.
So ladies: whether you’re 22 or 52, these are the traits you should be looking for in a man.
Anything else is just a dumb brosef in a backwards hat.

http://relationshipcrib..com/2015/09/5-things-ladies-with-standards-look-for.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by Seuncoded(f): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2015
*****Look Down Dont Just Post For Fun Here******
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by Sunnymatey(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2015
I posses all these qualities, even more.
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by Houseofglam7(f): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2015
True talk @Op, true talk.
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by donholy28(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2015
Those qualities ain't hard to find in a man
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by yilari(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2015
But most of nowadays ladies are just looking for which maga to lay their hands on.
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by donephi(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
I hope this is your opinion or what a proper lady should look out for cos ladies of my generation are...
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nice post. The problem this days is that you can barely find intelligent young ladies to initiate a sound discussion with. So sad!
Re: 5 Things Ladies With Standards Look For In A Husband by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
I don't see #3 as a red flag at all. Some families out there are straight up horrible & if a guy chooses to distance himself from their drama to preserve his sanity, I'd understand. Not everyone has a picture perfect family life & no sane person would just cut off family without a plausible reason. If you ask, you'll get answers & maybe get a better understanding to why they chose to be a lone wolf despite having family. As they say, you can't choose family but it doesn't say you can't cut them off when they're being toxic & a negative influence.

Other than that, good points.

(1) (Reply)

Moment Of Truth. / Sex Dating / Is It Proper? Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.