Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,568 members, 7,968,621 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

Pdp Screening Was A Success - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Screening Was A Success (394 Views)

How Nigerian Army Made Biafran Independence A Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Screening Was A Success by GovDickson2016: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2015
Thursday, the 10th of September was the scheduled day for the screening of gubernatorial aspirants on the PDP platform at the South-South PDP zonal office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. It went well and we were asked to collect the results on a later date.
Following the screening exercise, I requested from the other aspirants, whom I regard as brothers, due respect for the tenets of democracy by adhering to the outcome of the proceedings. I publicly extolled Architect Reuben Okoya, also an aspirant, and would like to do so here as well. He graciously withdrew from participation in the race, releasing a statement to that effect. In it he affirmed that in consideration of the overwhelming support and solidarity that I enjoy from the leaders and members of our party, he hereby announced his withdrawal from the process. I consider this an exemplary act of fellowship and I aim to engage with him in future as I will with other aspirants and stakeholders.
I also stated that moving forward, the next line of action would be to strategize on the PDP state congress and subsequently draw up plans for the campaign that would take the restoration team to all nooks and crannies of the state.
After the screening exercise, I paid a courtesy visit to Chief Nyesom Wike, the present Governor of Rivers State at the Government House, Port Harcourt and I commended him on the efficacious quality of his leadership and service, evident after a hundred days in office.
On Friday 11th of September, we visited a founding member of our political party - PDP, Senator Nimi Barigha-Amange, who served as the senate representative for the Bayelsa East constituency, 2007—2011, at his country home in Ogbolomabiri, Nembe L.G.A. Accompanying me were my able deputy, Rear Admiral Gboribiogha John Jonah; Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha; Acting State Chairman of PDP, Chief Serena Dokubo-Spiff; Chief Thompson Okorotie and other well-placed politicians.
Like the other leaders of our party, Senator Amange gave us his unstinting endorsement, using the opportunity to declare as reprobated, rumours labelling him a defector from PDP. I am confident that with Senator Amange behind us, we will succeed. I am equally sincerely grateful to him for accepting the position of Vice Chairman of our Campaign Advisory Council, with Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha serving as the Chairman. The warm reception given to us by various groups—which included the chiefs, women committees, youths and transport motorcyclists of Ogbolomagbiri—will remain a treasured memory for me.
Thank you for standing with me.
Celebrate … Our Bayelsa, Our Future!

Re: Pdp Screening Was A Success by Caseless: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2015
Bayelsa, sai APC!
Re: Pdp Screening Was A Success by yanabasee(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2015
Hmmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Bloodshed In The Country, If Dele Momodu Is Not Crowned Ooni Of Ife: Pastor Paul / Chibok Girls Turned Into Boko Haram Fighters? / Why Kogi Can’t Pay Salary (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.