Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,071 members, 7,933,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (13518 Views)

14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by noetic16(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Amen in Jesus' name!!!

Noetic, may the good Lord remember you like He remembered Noah.  Favour you like Moses.  Honour you like Mary.  Fight for you like He did for the Israelites.  Prosper you like Isaac.  Promote you like Joseph.  Intervene on your behalf like Esther.  Protect you like Daniel.  Use you like Paul.  Heal you like He healed Naaman.  Answer you like Elijah.  Anoint you like David.  Keep you safe like Shedrach, Meshack and Abednego this new year 2010 in Jesus' name.  wink

amen and amen and amen , . . , thank u cheesy
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by noetic16(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
toneyb:

Mazaje asked a sımple question which is where is the said tomb of Jesus? You will first of all have to provide the allege tomb for people to go and see if there are no bones there, So where is the allege tomb? Does it exist? If it does then where is it?

grin but since Jesus rose, would it not be logical that the tomb was reused?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
noetic16:

grin but since Jesus rose, would it not be logical that the tomb was reused?

Did you read the OP? This is what it says.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

* the empty tomb still exists,

Does the empty tomb still exist? If it does WHERE IS IT?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ilosiwaju: 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
Those who could not provide the coordinates of the garden of eden, we have dinosaur fossils and nothing sensible from noah's ark and you expect them to produce a tomb?
toneyb na wa for you o, your expectations seem to baffle me. leave this folks please.
grin grin grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 05, 2010
Well done noetic&other guys.Until one read d entire Gospel of 1corinthians15,one may not be able to understand d resurection of jesus.D entire gospel is based on d resurection of christ.Paul said philipians3:10 THAT I MAY KNOW HIM&grin POWER OF HIS RESURECTION.We preach d gospel of hope,peace&love based on d resurection that a man full of love laid down his life for d attonement of sin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by akered: 3:35am On Jan 05, 2010
toba:

Well done noetic&other guys.Until one read d entire Gospel of 1corinthians15,one may not be able to understand d resurection of jesus.D entire gospel is based on d resurection of christ.Paul said philipians3:10 THAT I MAY KNOW HIM&grin POWER OF HIS RESURECTION.We preach d gospel of hope,peace&love based on d resurection that a man full of love laid down his life for d attonement of sin

Can someone explain to me what this ‘atonement’ business is all about?  From my viewpoint, the whole idea is laughable.  From what I hear, we are created by an all-knowing God in his own image, but he did not foresee that we would start misbehaving!  So much for omniscience!  He later decided that our misbehavior was so bad that he sentenced everybody to death by the most sadistic form of execution – execution by drowning!  So much for an all-loving God.  He left one good family to repopulate the world, but the descendants   continued misbehaving making them eligible to be sentenced to death byanother sadistic method - execution by roasting! - to eternal fire and torment in a hell created specially by God himself.  But on second thoughts, he does not want to roast everybody.  So he arranged and sent his son to come to the world to be killed by the same people he wants to save, as a sacrifice to himself?  After three days, this son will wake up, and this whole spectacle would make God change his mind and not want to roast everybody again.  However, some will still be roasted.  The main yardstick in deciding those who will escape roasting will be those who believe the man who was killed and woke up was his son and his slaughter which he arranged was because of us!.  Any other parameter is secondary.  Am I missing something?  The whole idea is laughable.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 05, 2010
Christians, Jews, and atheists agree that Jesus was crucified and buried. The crucial belief for Christianity is that he was also resurrected — as evidence that he is the Son of God, the teacher of truth, the door and the way of salvation, the firstfruits of the resurrection

lets look at this issue withcommon sense and non biblical angle

Now we can consider how dozens of disciples could come to such a conviction. Perhaps the first possibility we could consider is that Jesus didn't really die. Perhaps it wasn't really him on the cross. Maybe Judas led the soldiers to the wrong man, or a substitution was somehow made at the last minute (as Muslims believe). Is it possible that the disciples were in such a state of shock that they did not recognize the substitute on the cross, nor when they took him down to anoint and wrap his body for burial? Was it then a coincidence that the tomb somehow became empty, and his disciples thought he had reappeared? No, all this stretches the imagination so much that this is not seriously considered.

Well, then, perhaps Jesus did not die on the cross — he just went into a coma, and then later revived. Is this a plausible historical possibility? Would Roman soldiers botch a crucifixion and take down a body without noticing that the person was still alive? Would this severely injured person then be able to revive, unwrap his own grave clothes, roll away his own tombstone, and convince his disciples that he had good health? Then after 40 days he would never be seen again? No, this borders on the preposterous.

Perhaps the disciples helped Jesus revive. They rolled away the stone, unwrapped the clothes, bandaged the wounds, and told a story about getting their leader back alive out of the grave — a story that turned quickly into a tall tale about resurrection and miraculous appearances, a story that the disciples never tried to set straight. Not only is this historically implausible, it turns the disciples into frauds and deceivers — and yet, as we mentioned above, people do not give their lives for something they know is false. This does not provide a believable explanation for the rise of Christianity, rooted in the early first century in the conviction that Jesus had risen from the dead — and this faith spread first in Jerusalem, where the facts could be investigated most easily!

The disciples were not deceived, nor were they deceivers. They just tell us what they believed, and it is clear that they believed that Jesus died and was buried and was resurrected. And it is clear that the reason they believed this is because they saw it with their own eyes.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched — this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:1-3)

This is just from common sense.IN NIgeria in 1914 we were told that lord luggard amagalmated northern and southern protectorate. Were we there? no but it was reported in Nigerian history. Like wise many other reports as giving by eye withness
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2010
After Eden.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ilosiwaju: 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2010
akered:

Can someone explain to me what this ‘atonement’ business is all about?  From my viewpoint, the whole idea is laughable.  From what I hear, we are created by an all-knowing God in his own image, but he did not foresee that we would start misbehaving!  So much for omniscience!  He later decided that our misbehavior was so bad that he sentenced everybody to death by the most sadistic form of execution – execution by drowning!  So much for an all-loving God.  He left one good family to repopulate the world, but the descendants   continued misbehaving making them eligible to be sentenced another sadistic method - execution by roasting! - to eternal fire and torment in a hell created specially by God himself.  But on second thoughts, he does not want to roast everybody.  So he arranged and sent his son to come to the world and be killed by the same people he wants to save, as a sacrifice to himself?  After three days, this son will wake up, and this whole spectacle would make God change his mind and not want to roast everybody again.  However, some will still be roasted.  The main yardstick in deciding those who will escape roasting will be those who believe the man who was killed and woke up was his son and his slaughter which he arranged was because of us!.  Any other parameter is secondary.  Am I missing something?  The whole idea is laughable.   
akered, i doff my kangol for you o.nice one!
wink
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2010
@mazaje, toneyb and ilosiwaju,

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain." -- 1 Cor. 15:14

If Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead, the the Scriptures is a fraud and any hope of resurrection is therefore in vain. However, God has given us irrefutable evidence in His Word to strengthen our faith in His promises which are historical, scientific, medical, archaelogical and prophetic evidence. Many intelligent "atheists" have taken up this challenge and put their skills and research abilities to find out the truth and they were not dissapointed.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2010
If christ havent risen,christianity wouldnt have sprung up to evry part of d world.Christianity started after resurection.Matt28:19 GO YE THEREFORE&TEACH ALL NATIONS vs 20:TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED U. MARK16:15 GO YE INTO ALL THE WORLD&PREACH D GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE. This commission brought christianity to being after resurection.Nigeria,ghana,thailand,mexico,brazil etc are enjoying this commission after resurection
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

@mazaje, toneyb and ilosiwaju,

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain." -- 1 Cor. 15:14

If Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead, the the Scriptures is a fraud and any hope of resurrection is therefore in vain. However, God has given us irrefutable evidence in His Word to strengthen our faith in His promises which are historical, scientific, medical, archaelogical and prophetic evidence. Many intelligent "atheists" have taken up this challenge and put their skills and research abilities to find out the truth and they were not dissapointed.

Are you back peddling? You said that the empty tomb of Jesus still exist and I asked you to show me where it is. Does it not exist any more? grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
toneyb:

Are you back peddling? You said that the empty tomb of Jesus still exist and I asked you to show me where it is. Does it not exist any more? grin

Don't expect me to spoon feed you. If you don't believe in the existence of God why would you want me to show you the empty tomb? Sincere skeptics like Morison, Lee Strobel, Lord Lyttleton, Gilbert West and so on examined the evidence before them objectively, carried out their own research and then reached a conclusion that changed their lives for good. Your can't just sit behind your desk and expect to be spoon fed.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Don't expect me to spoon feed you. If you don't believe in the existence of God why would you want me to show you the empty tomb? Sincere skeptics like Morison, Lee Strobel, Lord Lyttleton, Gilbert West and so on examined the evidence before them objectively, carried out their own research and then reached a conclusion that changed their lives for good. Your can't just sit behind your desk and expect to be spoon fed.

grin grin. You claimed that the empty tomb still exist, All I asked for you to do is point to its location for me so that I can go and see if it is really empty. grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by AbuZola3(m): 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2010
Jesus of the bible died and never resurrected
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
Abu Zola:

But Mohammed of the Koran resurrected and ascended into paradise on the back of a white horse?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
Abu Zola:

Jesus of the bible died  and never resurrected
Where can we find that in d bible?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by akered: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
Abu Zola:

Are you from the Ahmadiya sect of Islam? The belief of this sect of Islam is that Jesus somehow escaped from the cross and fled to Pakistan where he lived to a ripe old age!!!! What religious people of whatever colour will believe when they are locked into that mindset is truly amazing!!!
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by AbuZola3(m): 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
Jesus said he will resurrect on the 3rd day instead a demon appear on the 2nd day saying he is jesus, now count from friday nite to sunday morning , how many days is it ? 2 right, yeah, jesus said 3 days and 3 nights he will resurrect, hahaha
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2010
akered:

Are you from the Ahmadiya sect of Islam? The belief of this sect of Islam is that Jesus somehow escaped from the cross and fled to Pakistan where he lived to a ripe old age!!!! What religious people of whatever colour will believe when they are locked into that mindset is truly amazing!!!

grin grin grin grin Abuzo-la-la what say you?. . . .
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
toneyb:

grin grin. You claimed that the empty tomb still exist, All I asked for you to do is point to its location for me so that I can go and see if it is really empty. grin

The existence of the tomb had never been in doubt among the Jews throughout history it was a known historical fact.  Go to Israel and carry out your own independent research and then give us your feedback.

The Jews have always admitted and assumed that the tomb was empty.  It is just that their explanations for the empty tomb is untenable.  They claimed that the disciples stole His body away which sounds like a lame excuse.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The existence of the tomb had never been in doubt among the Jews throughout history it was a known historical fact.  Go to Israel and carry out your own independent research and then give us your feedback.

The Jews have always admitted and assumed that the tomb was empty.  It is just that their explanations for the empty tomb is untenable.  They claimed that the disciples stole His body away which sounds like a lame excuse.
you did'nt answer d question.you cald d jewish explanation lame which i soppose they shuld b in a beta position to explain.okay giv us ur own version.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2010
Listen to the explanation given by Dr. Frank Turek in "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist"

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rssTt9aavuM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Where in Israel is it located?

Your evidence outside the lying gospel of Mathew and other Christian documents that the Jews believe in an empty tomb is what? Can you point to any Jewish document which says that the Jews believe in an empty tomb?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2010
toneyb:

Where in Israel is it located?

Do you believe in the existence of Israel at all?  The Muslims have tried and are still trying to wipe out the evidence out of existence but they are fighting a losing battle.  If you doubt its existence, take out a map or rather google it up and find out its location, book yourself a flight and go and find out by yourself.

toneyb:

Your evidence outside the lying gospel of Mathew and other Christian documents that the Jews believe in an empty tomb is what? Can you point to any Jewish document which says that the Jews believe in an empty tomb?

Trypho, a Jew, said in the 2nd century in his discussion with Justin Martyr that:

"One Jesus, a Galilean deceiver, . . .  we crucified, but his disciples stole him by night from the tomb, where he was laid unfastened from the cross, and now deceive men by asserting that he has risen from the dead and ascended into heaven."

Christianity could not have originated in Jerusalem within a few weeks of the supposed resurrection if there were no empty tomb.  No one would have believed the resurrection if there were no empty tomb seeing the resurrection was first preached in Jerusalem, this was the very city in which the body of Jesus had lain within a few weeks of crucifixion and burial.  All that the Jews had to do was to produce His body and that would have settled the matter.

For more on this [url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/pdfs/PowerPoint/10-2-263/lesson_9.ppt#497,1,Lesson/]Click twice here[/url]
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe in the existence of Israel at all? The Muslims have tried and are still trying to wipe out the evidence out of existence but they are fighting a losing battle. If you doubt its existence, take out a map or rather google it up and find out its location, book yourself a flight and go and find out by yourself.

The OP reads that the empty tomb still exists. That is your initial claim. When asked to show where it is you come up with the moslem excuse. Where is the location of the empty tomb of Jesus as your OP reads?

Trypho, a Jew, said in the 2nd century in his discussion with Justin Martyr that:

"One Jesus, a Galilean deceiver, . . . [color=green]we crucified, but his disciples stole him by night from the tomb, where he was laid unfastened from the cross, and now deceive men by asserting that he has risen from the dead and ascended into heaven[/color]."

Christianity could not have originated in Jerusalem within a few weeks of the supposed resurrection if there were no empty tomb. No one would have believed the resurrection if there were no empty tomb seeing the resurrection was first preached in Jerusalem, this was the very city in which the body of Jesus had lain within a few weeks of crucifixion and burial. All that the Jews had to do was to produce His body and that would have settled the matter.

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2010
toneyb:

The OP reads that the empty tomb still exists. That is your initial claim. When asked to show where it is you come up with the moslem excuse. Where is the location of the empty tomb of Jesus as your OP reads?

This is what the OP (opening post) reads:

OLAADEGBU:

Patiently go through this Powerpoint presentation and see the evidence of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, which is the HEART of the gospel truth.  You will also see what happened to some skeptics who carried out  honest investigations of this claim when they examined the evidence objectively and applied the results to their lives.

Click twice.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/pdfs/PowerPoint/10-2-263/lesson_9.ppt#497,1,Lesson

If you had taken the time to click and read the presentation in the link provided instead of dozing off as seen in your picture you would have understood the answer to your question instead of going on a wild goose chase.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

This is what the OP (opening post) reads:

If you had taken the time to click and read the presentation in the link provided instead of dozing of as seen in your picture you would have understood the answer to your question instead off going on a wild goose chase.

The OP reads

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

* the empty tomb still exists,

Where is the tomb? I will like to see the existing tomb.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2010
toneyb:

The OP reads

Where is the tomb? I will like to see the existing tomb.

Maybe the use of your evolutionary spectacles are deceiving you.  The OP was posted on April 14 2009 by 0704 AM and the one you are referring to was posted July 28 2009, how you see the second post as the opening posts beats me.  Since you skeptics stick to your axioms of seeing is believing, it seems to me that it is more like the more you look the less you see. shocked

I don't even think that you read the post that you are adamant about.  If you read the case put forward by Garry T. Ansdell you will have to agree with his case of circumstantial evidence.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Maybe the use of your evolutionary spectacles are deceiving you.  The OP was posted on April 14 2009 by 0704 AM and the one you are referring to was posted July 28 2009, how you see the second post as the opening posts beats me.  Since you skeptics stick to your axioms of seeing is believing, it seems to me that it is more like the more you look the less you see. shocked

I don't even think that you read the post that you are adamant about.  If you read the case put forward by Garry T. Ansdell you will have to agree with his case of circumstantial evidence.

According to the guy called Garry Ansdell the empty tomb still exist, My simple question is where is it? Does it still exist or not?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2010
toneyb:

According to the guy called Garry Ansdell the empty tomb still exist, My simple question is where is it? Does it still exist or not?

Why don't you ask him? And if that is too difficult to do why don't you go and find out for yourself? The onus is on you to disprove him, don't you think so?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you ask him?  And if that is too difficult to do why don't you go and find out for yourself?  The onus is on you to disprove him, don't you think so?

grin grin. I am asking a simple question, Where is the said empty tomb of Jesus that exists? Do you know where it is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Am Not An Atheist / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists / Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit Refutes The Existence Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.