Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,060 members, 7,933,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (13515 Views)

14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
toneyb:

grin grin. I am asking a simple question, Where is the said empty tomb of Jesus that exists? Do you know where it is?

Why ask me? I do not seek the living among the dead.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ilosiwaju: 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Why ask me? I do not seek the living among the dead.
premium escapism, all hail olaadegbu the artful dodger.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: [5] And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said to them.  Why do you seek the living among the dead? [6] He is not here, but is risen: remember how He spoke to you when He was yet in Galilee, [7] Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.  Luke 24:4-7

You can see that it is apparent that the angels here made it clear that Jesus was bodily resurrected from the grave and that He is alive forever.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by olabowale(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2010
@Olaadegbu: I am asking myself if you knew that the whole of the Gospel is a collection of statements, some true ascribed to God, Angels, Prophets based on hearsay, yet other parts are completely false based on personal desires of the writers. We see that Jesus did not pen part of it, and no disciples of his penned any part, while Jesus was "preaching", so that accuracy of his speech could be safegauarded!

Grown people should know that as times go on, memories are lost to even a point where the truth is actually now blurred with lies. This is the case we find in the Bible. If you have used your Dr. F. to represent the truth because the he argued that the writers were honest enough to show their own weaknesses, infalliabilities, etc, I think he forgot but you and others with your type of mndset of calling human being god and God a three personality being need to be reminded that no true "disciple" wrote any of the canonized "Gospels", except that their names were borrowed! Thats the first proof against the Gospel writers that they could not be trusted. Further, when Jesus himself by Matthew 4 verses 1-11, Mark 12 verse 29, the Lord's prayers, other beggings, cryings, weepings, supplicatings, of Jesus, including the Gashimane many prayers including 'take the cup off my head', etc, and the crying on the cross "my God, my God, forsaken me?!" versus Jesus being the son of God, God Himself, and even his existence before Abraham, failing to mention Adam, the first man, and even to say before creations. Now how do you reconcile these two completely opposite views, except that one of them or both are lies, but they cant be true, not possible!

I could easily discuss the alleged death, but i will leave that alone, since we all know that blood was still flowing and no time did rigormortis was reached, and no one can assume that a cave is now a grave, when a grave by the Children of Israel custom calles for digging of the earth, putting the dead in it and cover the body by piling the soil on it. Do the Children of Israel go about keeping their dead for 3 days with every intent of robbing concortion of spices and oil on the body, while they do not do the tahara wash and shrouding? Olaadegbu, please wake up from your slumber, man!

1 Like

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by whoisallah: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2010
@olabowale,

Grown people should know that as times go on, memories are lost to even a point where the truth is actually now blurred with lies.

Is that one of the things you learnt from Mohammed?  shocked No wonder
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2010
Jesus is Alive and I'm Forgiven Heaven's gate is open wide!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Rw5UYbf8c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

olabowale, can you say the same about Mohammad, what hope have you got?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 1:44am On Jan 10, 2010
Where are the said evidence for the alleged resurrection of Jesus? Any one seen the empty tomb that is claimed to be in existence yet? Where is the empty tomb any body?. . . .A resurrection would be an incredible event and requires incredible evidence. What we have instead is conflicting statements about the resurrection from the main source of Christian belief - the Bible. A book whose authors that are alleged to be eyewitness but can  not even say where exactly Jesus first appeared to the 11 of them that were written to be alive when he resurrected. . . .The Bible is a proven erroneous document.

So OLAADEGBU you have certainly not met any any burden of proof.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2010
Seeing and Believing
January 10, 2010

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

Jesus was willing to give doubting Thomas the visible evidence he wanted before he would believe. However, He did give His disciple a mild rebuke.

There is an important principle here. Thomas was willing to believe, but only when the visible evidence was too strong to question. Neither the promise of Christ that He would rise from the dead nor the testimony of His chosen apostles that the promise had been fulfilled was sufficient to convince him, and the Lord was disappointed.

When God has spoken plainly in His Word, that ought to be sufficient for those who really believe Him. Yet again and again Christians allow their faith to be shaken by some new cosmic theory, or age estimate, or something else. No matter how strong the biblical case for the worldwide Flood may be, for example, many Christians will not believe it until all the geological questions can be resolved. Even though the Bible unequivocally teaches that all things were created in six literal days (see Exodus 20:11), many Christians won't accept this until they can see overwhelming scientific evidence of a young earth. In fact, some will never believe in either recent creation or a worldwide Flood until all the secular scientists accept them first.

God has allowed many visible evidences of the truth of His word to be revealed. There is a strong scientific case for biblical creation, and we are justified in believing God's Word, even where we don't yet see any visible evidence. As Peter said concerning those who believe implicitly in Christ and His Word: "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:cool. HMM
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by akered: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Seeing and Believing
January 10, 2010

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

Jesus was willing to give doubting Thomas the visible evidence he wanted before he would believe. However, He did give His disciple a mild rebuke.

There is an important principle here. Thomas was willing to believe, but only when the visible evidence was too strong to question. Neither the promise of Christ that He would rise from the dead nor the testimony of His chosen apostles that the promise had been fulfilled was sufficient to convince him, and the Lord was disappointed.

When God has spoken plainly in His Word, that ought to be sufficient for those who really believe Him. Yet again and again Christians allow their faith to be shaken by some new cosmic theory, or age estimate, or something else. No matter how strong the biblical case for the worldwide Flood may be, for example, many Christians will not believe it until all the geological questions can be resolved. Even though the Bible unequivocally teaches that all things were created in six literal days (see Exodus 20:11), many Christians won't accept this until they can see overwhelming scientific evidence of a young earth. In fact, some will never believe in either recent creation or a worldwide Flood until all the secular scientists accept them first.

God has allowed many visible evidences of the truth of His word to be revealed. There is a strong scientific case for biblical creation, and we are justified in believing God's Word, even where we don't yet see any visible evidence. As Peter said concerning those who believe implicitly in Christ and His Word: "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:cool. HMM

I think I now get your point! Good bible believing, born-again christians are not supposed to use their brains (if they have any) Just believe what you are told and obey!!!! I can hear Fela's music in the background Zombie O zombie!!! Tell am to go straight! JORO-JARA-JORO!
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by jcross22: 2:12am On Jan 11, 2010
@akered, WHO ARE THE ZOMBIES, I BEG GO TO NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA AND SEE HOW ALMAJIRIS ARE DYING IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH, fools are dying for god, ridiculous MY RELIGION IS NOT RELIGION OF A SUBMISSION BUT A FREE WILL . WHAT EVER YOU SOW , YOU SHALL RIP . AS SIMPLE AS THAT. SECONDLY AM NOT A SLAVES WE CAN SEE THE SLAVES ONES BEING BRAINWASHED DIE FOR THEIR IMPOTENT god SOMEBODY LIKE FAROUK THE HERO AND MR ARMED. AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH ALL YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR IMAM WHAT IS THE NAME DEITY BEING WORSHIPED BEFORE THE TIME OF MOHAMMAD AND WHY THEY GAVE ABDULLAH TO THE FATHER OF WANNABE PROPHET .OR CHECK IT ONLINE , WITH THAT YOU WILL NEVER REMAIN THESAME.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39am On Jan 11, 2010
He's Alive and I'm Forgiven, Heaven's Gates are open wide! by Don Fransisco

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8yQ1I4Wofc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

Hallelujah!!!
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by akered: 6:48am On Jan 11, 2010
jcross22:

@akered, WHO ARE THE ZOMBIES, I BEG GO TO NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA AND SEE HOW ALMAJIRIS ARE DYING IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH, fools are dying for god, ridiculous MY RELIGION IS NOT RELIGION OF A SUBMISSION BUT A FREE WILL . WHAT EVER YOU SOW , YOU SHALL RIP . AS SIMPLE AS THAT. SECONDLY AM NOT A SLAVES WE CAN SEE THE SLAVES ONES BEING BRAINWASHED DIE FOR THEIR IMPOTENT god SOMEBODY LIKE FAROUK THE HERO AND MR ARMED. AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH ALL YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR IMAM WHAT IS THE NAME DEITY BEING WORSHIPED BEFORE THE TIME OF MOHAMMAD AND WHY THEY GAVE ABDULLAH TO THE FATHER OF WANNABE PROPHET .OR CHECK IT ONLINE , WITH THAT YOU WILL NEVER REMAIN THESAME.

It may suprise you that I am NOT a muslim. I think Islam is even worse!!! tongue
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
akered:

It may suprise you that I am NOT a muslim. I think Islam is even worse!!! tongue

What's the difference between 12 and half a dozen?  Both of you are unbelievers in Christ's resurrection.  You have to believe before you can see the light of the glorious gospel. wink
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by toneyb: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

What's the difference between 12 and half a dozen?  Both of you are unbelievers in Christ's resurrection.  You have to believe before you can see the light of the glorious gospel. wink

So the entire story is not self evident and a person has to first of all buy into the story before the story can be understood. What you are saying in essence is that if a person agrees with the story all he has to do is to rationalize it and that is why you and all your fellow apologist are always doing, Since there is no evidence and your stories and mythologies are not self evident and the can not speak for themselves you have to come up with lame and ridiculous excuses all the time. Extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence.

Since Jesus kept popping up in front of audiences, here and there and everywhere, then why didn't he also visit all other countries while he was at it? Obviously, Jesus was, sort of teleporting or something. Why just hang around Palestine with such a VITAL MESSAGE? Why not appear to the Chinese, Indians, Japanese and all the other people? I bet it would have been so easy just to spread his word himself no? You are yet to tell us where the empty tomb is
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2010
toneyb:

Since Jesus kept popping up in front of audiences, here and there and everywhere, then why didn't he also visit all other countries while he was at it? Obviously, Jesus was, sort of teleporting or something. Why just hang around Palestine with such a VITAL MESSAGE? Why not appear to the Chinese, Indians, Japanese and all the other people? I bet it would have been so easy just to spread his word himself no? You are yet to tell us where the empty tomb is

This former muslim is one of those that the risen Christ appeared to. Jesus is still 'popping' up to people even now as at when necessary.

[center][flash=500,400]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash][/center]
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2010
toneyb:

So the entire story is not self evident and a person has to first of all buy into the story before the story can be understood. What you are saying in essence is that if a person agrees with the story all he has to do is to rationalize it and that is why you and all your fellow apologist are always doing, Since there is no evidence and your stories and mythologies are not self evident and the can not speak for themselves you have to come up with lame and ridiculous excuses all the time. Extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence.

Lee Strobel, a former atheist put his investigative skills into action to find out whether Jesus actually rose from the dead. I now quote again what you were too lazy to do even when I posted this on the first page.

Does Circumstantial Evidence Confirm the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Timothy McVeigh, the man behind the Oklahoma City bombing, had a date with death. On 11 June, 2001, he received a lethal injection for killing 168 innocent people, even though no one saw him commit the crime. All the evidence against McVeigh was circumstantial.

Indirect testimony: That's what circumstantial evidence is.  It is an accumulation of facts from which one can draw intelligent conclusions.  As a newspaper reporter covering the courts, former journalist Lee Strobel saw how circumstantial evidence is used to expose what really happened during a crime. So, in the midst of a spiritual quest, Strobel began to wonder: Could circumstantial evidence verify that the resurrection of Christ really happened?

Well, he took his question to philosopher J.P. Moreland.  In a challenging voice, Strobel asked Moreland: "Can you give me five pieces of solid circumstantial evidence that convince you that Jesus rose from the dead?

Certainly, Moreland responded.  First, there's the evidence of the skeptics.  Some of those who were most hostile to Jesus prior to His death became His most ardent supporters afterwards.  Second, the ancient Jews had a number of immensely important religious rituals.  These included the offering of animal sacrifices, obeying the Mosaic law, and keeping the Sabbath.  But within five weeks of Jesus' death, more than 10,000 Jews had suddenly altered or abandoned these rituals.  Moreland asked: Why would they relinquish rites that had long given them their national identity?  The implication is that something enormously significant had occured.  Third, we see the emergence of new rituals: the sacraments of Communion and Baptism.  The early Jews baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, "which," Moreland said, "meant they had elevated Jesus to the full status of God."  Fourth, we see the rapid rise of a new Church, beginning shortly after the death of Jesus.  Within twenty years this new Church (begun by the companions of a dead carpenter) had reached Caesar's palace in Rome, and eventually spread throughout the Roman empire.  And fifth, Moreland said, there's the most convincing circumstantial evidence of all: the fact that every one of Jesus' disciples was willing to suffer and die for his beliefs.  These men spent the rest of their lives witnessing about Christ.  They frequently went without food; they were mocked, beaten and thrown into prison.  In the end, all but one died a painful martyr's death.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
akered:

It may suprise you that I am NOT a muslim.  I think Islam is even worse!!! tongue
Thk God this is coming from a nuetral person.Hope they believe you
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
The Empty Tomb.

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2010
The Empty Tomb (2).

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2010
The Empty Tomb (3).

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2010
The Empty Tomb (4).

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2010
The Empty Tomb (5).

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2010
The Empty Tomb (6).

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by akered: 12:56am On Jan 17, 2010
It is interesting that a cartoon strip is being brought up as evidence shocked
More interesting, the last portion of the cartoon strip shows God sitting on a chair. Is that what God looks like At last I have 'seen' God! grin I now know what he looks like!!! He has a buttocks which he uses to sit tongue, maybe intestines like us too? cheesy I wonder does the intestines digest any food? What does he eat? We know he likes roasted meat, because in a lot of places in the old testament, he is said to like the 'sweet smell' of roasting sacrificial animals!! Hmmm
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 6:51am On Jan 17, 2010
akered:

It is interesting that a cartoon strip is being brought up as evidence shocked
More interesting, the last portion of the cartoon strip shows God sitting on a chair.  Is that what God looks like  At last I have 'seen' God! grin  I now know what he looks like!!!  He has a buttocks which he uses to sit tongue,  maybe intestines like us too? cheesy  I wonder does the intestines digest any food?  What does he eat?  We know he likes roasted meat, because in a lot of places in the old testament, he is said to like the 'sweet smell' of roasting sacrificial animals!! Hmmm

I laughed out loud when I saw the cartoon. . .After claiming that the empty tomb of Jesus still exists the only evidence to show for it is some demented cartoon? grin. . . . .Knock it off OLAADEGBU there are NO evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. . . .NON, NOTHING at all. . . .The empty tomb does not exist NO one has ever seen it, There are stories that say Jesus resurrected from the dead but there is NO evidence for that legendary claim. . . . .If he could easily reject the story that Mohamed flew to heaven on a winged beast, I think he should also reject the story of the resurrection of Jesus until it could be shown to be real.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2010
mazaje:

I laughed out loud when I saw the cartoon. . .After claiming that the empty tomb of Jesus still exist the only evidence to show for it is some demented cartoon? grin. . . . .Knock it off OLAADEGBU there are NO evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. . . .NON, NOTHING at all. . . .The empty tomb does not exist NO one has ever seen it, There are stories that say Jesus resurrected from the dead but there is NO evidence for that legendary claim. . . . .If he could easily reject the story that Mohamed flew to heaven on a winged beast, I think he should also reject the story of the resurrection of Jesus until it could be shown to be real.

I remember asking you whether you believe that Charles Darwin existed, you have not given me your answer.  When you do then I might oblige.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I remember asking you whether you believe that Charles Darwin existed, you have not given me your answer.  When you do then I might oblige.

Here is a picture of Charles Darwin

He also wrote a book titled the Origin of species. . . . .His relatives exist till this day. . . .Beside stories about the resurrection of Jesus what else do you have as your "evidence"? Where is the empty tomb your claim is still in existence?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10am On Jan 18, 2010
mazaje:

Here is a picture of Charles Darwin

How do you know that this bald man represents Charles Darwin, have you physically seen him to know how he looks like?  How are sure that you have not been photoshopped. shocked What is your prove.?

mazaje:

He also wrote a book titled the Origin of species. . . . .His relatives exist till this day. . . .Beside stories about the resurrection of Jesus what else do you have as your "evidence"? Where is the empty tomb your claim is still in existence?

How can you prove that he wrote that book, did you see him write it?  How are you sure that those who claim to be his relatives today are really his relatives, did you take a DNA test? and thats if you could get hold of this so called Charles Darwin himself. cool
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mazaje(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

How do you know that this bald man represents Charles Darwin, have you physically seen him to know how he looks like?  How are sure that you have not been photoshopped. shocked What is your prove.?

How can you prove that he wrote that book, did you see him write it?  How are you sure that those who claim to be his relatives today are really his relatives, did you take a DNA test? and thats if you could get hold of this so called Charles Darwin himself. cool

I can see that you are into playing games here. . . . grin. . . .Have you found empty tomb you claim still exist?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Ovamboland(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I guess you are expecting Mazaje to have also sensed and interacted with Charles Darwin in his inner man or a dream grin grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Mavenb0x(m): 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
LOL @OLAADEGBU and Mazaje.

Don't you guys know that all men, even atheists operate by faith?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
Ovamboland:

I guess you are expecting Mazaje to have also sensed and interacted with Charles Darwin in his inner man or a dream grin grin

Was it only inner man and dreams? What about him seeing open visions of the so called Charles Darwin to be so sure of his appearance. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Am Not An Atheist / Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.