Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? (9530 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by kenny888: 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
Money wey nor reach me spend,na hin i go dey give one jobless pastor?
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by KunleOshob(m): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
kenny888:

Money wey nor reach me spend,na hin i go dey give one jobless pastor?
Whilst it is good and biblically correct to support God's work by assisting and giving to preachers of the gospel, what we are complaining about on this thread is the abuse of scriptures by certain pastors to obtain money from their flock. kenny888 i suggest you should change your attitude and continually give towards God's work. if you are not comfortable with how your offerings/tithes is being spent in the church you attend maybe you should find another church. but i must admit there is genuine blessings in supporting the work of God it is only the abuse that we are quarelling against,
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by ud4u: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2009
What is the controversy all about!!!

If you believe in Malachi 3:8, then do it, if you don't believe in it, it is your own.

The fact remains that there is no purnishment for people that pay their thithe rather it will bring blessing to them, if you did not contribute in the runnings of your church who will do that for you.

No pastor or man of God will put hand inside your pocket to remove tithe, it is between you and your God.

So I don't know why people kept lamenting over tithe. Or if there is any place in the bible where Jesus says don't pay your tithe all that do that will be doomed, let us have those quotations to clarify issues.

Remember "where Jesus says don't pay your tithe"

Cheers.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by KunleOshob(m): 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
Galatians 5:4:
4If you seek to be justified and declared righteous and to be given a right standing with God through the Law[tithes e.t.c], you are brought to nothing and so separated (severed) from Christ. You have fallen away from grace (from God's gracious favor and unmerited blessing).

I gues this should explain the dangers on tithing based on malachi 3:8-10 which is part of the law.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by kenny888: 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2009
Kunle is not that i dont give offering, i do,but i dont give tithe because people have gotten a job from pastoring a church after some years of joblessness. Sometimes ago my pastor invited me to see him in the office,when i got there he wanted to give me a task in the church,suddenly a man came and brought 3 shoes for him to buy, he bough 2 shoes at the rate of 15 thousand naira each making 30 thousand naira and bought one for his wife and bag to match at 22 thousand naira, all making 52 thousand naira, he pulled out a drawer from his table and brought the money out of there. I began to imagine why people go into pastoring,bicos this pastor and his wife are full time pastors. As a member of d church i have not worn a shoe more than 5thousand naira,but a pastor that depends on our offering and people's tithes tn buy a shoe of over 50 thousand naira and pay in cash and that is some people salary for 3 months and they will be forced to bring all their tithe to the house of the Lord. So thats it.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by realpastor: 11:39am On Apr 18, 2009
Na wa o
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by OREAWADOO: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2009
this guys are crooks
it is called other peoples money.
They collect in the name of God and sort themselves and their families out at the SEEKERS EXPENSE
3 times MEETINGS MEANS 3 weekly collections from mumus and GOD never gets the money anyway.

Somewhere in the bible its says [IT IS NOT WISE TO GIVE TO A RICH MAN]
THEY SEND THEIR KIDS ABROAD
THEY DRIVE THEY BEST CARS AND ETC

ITS A CULTURE OF PEOPLE IN NEED in the quest for GOD HELP they seeks for prayers and some by strong minded fellows maybe native doctors collects a FAT GOAT for the shrine and sorts his meals out
The modern crooks after the CELE CHURCH CREW, COLLECT MONEY FOR GOD FOR THEMSELVES

ALL SORT GOING ON SOME CALL IT HONORARIUM IF THE PEPPER IS NOT ENEOGH THEY WILL NOT APPEAR TO BLESSSSSSS THE PEOPLE OF GOD

OK IF PASTOR FROM OUR GIVING GIVE HIS FRIEND AND HE DOES A RETURN MATCH AND GET HIS SHARE FROM HIS FREINDS CHURCH POT WHERE DOES THE MONEY END UP?
HIS POCKET, HIS CHURCH FROM WHERE HE GAVE HIS FRIEND OR GODS HAND
MONEY IN POCKET STAND IN CHURCH AND BOAST I CANNOT BE POOR AND THE SEEKER CLAP AND CHEER A MONEY WHO THEY MADE RICH WHILE THEY MANAGE AND LOOK TO HIM TO GET GOD TO BLESS THEM AS HE HAS BLESS PASTOR

NA TODAY WARRI NO DEY CARRY LAST

I DEY GIVE I MYSELF
OUR GIVING CAN BE USED BETTER INSTEAD OF PERSONAL ENRICHMENT AND SHOWMANSHIP AND COMPARING THEMSELVES WITH THEMSELVES WHICH THE BIBLE SAYS IS NOT WISE,
CHURCH MONEY SHOULD BE USED FOR BETTER, AM SURE THE MISSIONARIES THAT STARTED CHURCH GAVE FOR SCHOOLS [FREE] MEDICATION ETC
BUT MAYBE ONE OF THEM WILL GIVE US A NEW REVELATION ABOUT NOT GIVING TO THEM SOON
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by AloyEmeka9: 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2009
No, pastors pay tithes too.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by anonimi: 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

No, pastors pay tithes too.

To who please?
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2009
Aloy emeka,to who pls? The universities that some rich pastors founded is out of the reach of the poor,even some wealthy ones cant afford it too,not to talk of the church members that contributed to the founding of the church cant afford the high fees. So where and who are they paying their tithe to?
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by marvisken: 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
Since i read this post,i have been pondering over my mind,wether if realy pastors give tithes. This is realy an important issue. Accordining to the postal that he is a member of reedemed and they were told that all the tithe in RCCG lands on the GO's table. I asked two of my friends that are member of the church,they comfirm it correct. Thats big cool cash without any wahala. So are the pastors paying tithe too? And who are they paying it to?
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by Iranoladun(f): 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2009
Most 'pastors' are now into what I'd call prosperity evangelism. Collect tithe & offerings from church and live an affluence lifestyle. God is ever patient & mercifull sha! As for the topic, some of them do 'pay'tithe but thereafter the entire church collections still end up under their jurisdiction-back to sender
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by eghosaobas: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2009
God have mercy.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2009
Amen
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by marvisken: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2009
Can some pastors explain this to us. The head of these churches are tithing back to sender tithing, bicos all the money comes back to them.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2009
Na sooo
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by OREAWADOO: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2009
OTHER PROPLE PEPPER
grin
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by OREAWADOO: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2009
OTHER PROPLE PEPPER
grin
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by eghosaobas: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2009
Na true talk,they dont pay tithe.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2009
I sat and made research on this and discovered that most of this pastors dont pay their tithe.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by eghosaobas: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2009
Hmmmm
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by marvisjoy: 7:38am On Apr 22, 2009
Let them give us proof on how they pay their tithe, since they distribute tithes cards to their members and they have their tithes records, why not the pastors?
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by realpastor: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2009
Lord have mercy.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2009
Amen
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by eghosaobas: 7:29am On Apr 24, 2009
Most of the pastors are thieves,they dont pay their tithe. When they pay to their church,it will come back to them.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by realpastor: 10:21am On Apr 24, 2009
We have good researchers here.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2009
Yes sir
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by eghosaobas: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2009
This is not issue of researchers but we are been factual and straight forward.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by realpastor: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2009
Well i dont know for other pastors but for me i dont do it cos is not biblical.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2009
realpastor:

Well i dont know for other pastors but for me i dont do it cos is not biblical.
i hear you sir
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by anonimi: 6:26am On Apr 29, 2009
Pastors who request tithes from their congregation are also required by their dispensation to also offer tithes as per Malachi 1:

6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?
7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the Lord is contemptible.
8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts.
9 And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the Lord of hosts.
10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.

This also should help putĀ  the over-quoted Malachi 3:8 in proper context.
Re: Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2009
Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! / Happy Easter To All Nairalanders / Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.