Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,670 members, 7,882,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. (67914 Views)

Young Man Visits Ojukwu Bunker In Abia State. See What He Saw. Photos / Cash Recovered From Andrew Yakubu's Bunker In Kaduna By EFCC (Photos) / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by bobosh02(m): 6:06am On Sep 25, 2015
dialfa:
And 55 years later, the Zoo is still paying foreign contractors for simple roads.
And u live in dat same zoo

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by williamsean(m): 6:07am On Sep 25, 2015
chrisblack:
also including the road in your village.can I ask why the picture of the conqueror of ojukwu is also present.I mean Gowon's picture.any way it goes to show the ever domineering spirit of the zoo.even in your bunker the zoo still dominates. Imagine Gowon picture is Number 1 on the right while ojukwus pic is on the left .tell who is on the right side of God and men?
this are all d army generals then my dirty fed, so borrow some sense u hard dirty begging tribe. If not upload ur pics make we see

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 25, 2015
babafirst:
Great ingenuity,the type that Nigeria needs today.If Nigeria had leveraged on the technological strides of Biafra, after the war, Nigeria would have been in the top 10 most advanced countries today.(Mind you I am not an Ibo man,but this is just frank talk)

Can you be more specific about these technological strides?
Can you provide factual examples of what exactly were made in Biafra?
South south today is litered with makeshift refineries, the type the Biafrans are claiming to be part of their achievements.
I am not interested in tales by the moonlight told by secessionists. I need facts.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by babafirst(m): 6:09am On Sep 25, 2015
obiak4:

bro am not an ethnic bigot but the truth we need to tell ourselves is they would construct something greater than the second niger bridge if given the chance,the biafra war has it lessons which we as nigerians have refused to learn,
in the spate of the years they build airports,fabricate aeroplanes,build bunker,refined thier own crude oil locally, e.t.c it goes to show that we as nigerians can do anything if given the right tools and support,
I agree tota
lly with you Biafra back then had the technological ingenuity and determination to succeed of the Israelis and Singaporeans.I wish Nigeria had leveraged on that after the war,we would have been producing fighter aircrafts and modern armoured tanks now amongst others.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Obynolee(f): 6:10am On Sep 25, 2015
kestolove95:
Ojukwu d rebel...see gowon dey cum..hahahahaha..ojukwu go don pick race for inside him grave now as I call gowon...mumu rebel, I knw blame u..u b Igbo sha..d drug pushers of nigeria

Yabaleft will be of help dear
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by adekunle0000: 6:16am On Sep 25, 2015
it is funny how we yorubas are always in a hurry to downplay the achievements of the southeastern. But truth be told, we must give it to this people for their resilience. sentiment unattached, of all the tribes in Nigeria, this is the one and only tribe that has what it takes in terms of human capabilities, intellectual endowment and sincerity of propose to develop our nation and this is made manifest anywhere they go. My brothers let's forget sentiments. before the war, Onitsha had the biggest market in black Africa. during the war this market was looted and burnt to the ground. even the host community (Onitsha) was bombed to the extent that there was no stone on a stone. but today the story is different. remember the monetary policy of 20 pounds each for Igbos who had their money in bank irrespective of the amount you once had in your bank account. Today Onitshans are battling for city space to erect their five/six storey edifices while our own Ibadan which use to be the jewel of the black continent is now known for its out-of-fashion rusted brown ceilings. The problem with we southwestern is that we hardly (not applicable to every one sha) travel outside our region and yet we are always in a hurry to make comparisons, analysis and draw conclusions while sitting comfortably in our conclaves. for the records, any from of comparison between us and the Igbos is a let-down on our part. we had an head start before them, we were going to school before them, in fact education was free for us in order to mass produce school attendees but today, they have not only catch up with us but have also overtaken us in the education ladder. whether we chose to say it or not. the Nigerian nation have not been fair to the man from the east.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 25, 2015
kestolove95:
Ojukwu d rebel...see gowon dey cum..hahahahaha..ojukwu go don pick race for inside him grave now as I call gowon...mumu rebel, I knw blame u..u b Igbo sha..d drug pushers of nigeria
Sweet heart mi cheesy

Barka de sallah
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Sanchez01: 6:16am On Sep 25, 2015
biafranqueen:
Op you took this off of facebook page belonging to Emeka without giving hm credit undecided
Anyway goes to show you what I have been saying all this time.
Biafra can be actualized with brains not blood!
We are by far too intelligent and industrious to destroy our land with war when we can do it with wit and wisdom.....
Seeing this museum goes ahead to show that the Igbos from day are capable of defending themselves and could survive on their own. The design is quite unbelievable and amazing I must add. Fortunately you have aired my opinion. If the actualization of Biafra is indeed desired by true Igbos, then it would be right to see sanity as the only means to achieving the quest, not by spreading propaganding and inciting teenagers and youths into maiming those who stand in their way.

The igbos should learn from Catalonia and Spain. I'm sure they'd get it right if they have right thinking Biafran leaders and not Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 25, 2015
adekunle0000:
it is funny how we yorubas are always in a hurry to downplay the achievements of the southeastern. But truth be told, we must give it to this people for their resilience. sentiment unattached, of all the tribes in Nigeria, this is the one and only tribe that has what it takes in terms of human capabilities, intellectual endowment and sincerity of propose to develop our nation and this is made manifest anywhere they go. My brothers let's forget sentiments. before the war, Onitsha had the biggest market in black Africa. during the war this market was looted and burnt to the ground. even the host community (Onitsha) was bombed to the extent that there was no stone on a stone. but today the story is different. remember the monetary policy of 20 pounds each for Igbos who had their money in bank irrespective of the amount you once had in your bank account. Today Onitshans are battling for city space to erect their five/six storey edifices while our own Ibadan which use to be the jewel of the black continent is now known for its out-of-fashion rusted brown ceilings. The problem with we southwestern is that we hardly (not applicable to every one sha) travel outside our region and yet we are always in a hurry to make comparisons, analysis and draw conclusions while sitting comfortably in our conclaves. for the records, any from of comparison between us and the Igbos is a let-down on our part. we had an head start before them, we were going to school before them, in fact education was free for us in order to mass produce school attendees but today, they have not only catch up with us but have also overtaken us in the education ladder. whether we chose to say it or not. the Nigerian nation have not been fair to the man from the east.

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Yeye boy! So you phonies even go as far as creating new emails just to do this? smh Son your future looks gloomy.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by samsongbemisola(m): 6:18am On Sep 25, 2015
kestolove95:
Ojukwu was never a rebel, he did what a leader who loves his people will do. Did u know the way n manner Easterners were killed in 1966 because the North re retaliating the coup carried out some soildiers in January 1966 mainly ibo so the North feel it was an ibo coup cus the people who were killed were majorly Northerners. They realiated with the counter coup of july 1966 killing Agonyi Ironsi and every ibo soldier they can find. The people of the North followed the step of the Northern Soidiers by killing ibos, beheading them and sending their headless body to Enugu via train. Ojukwu had no choice than to ask all ibo descent to come home after series of failed negotiations he declared the state of Birafra. So don't call him a rebel read abt the coups in 1966 resulting to the civil war.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by DedeNkem: 6:18am On Sep 25, 2015
Aigbofa:

Fantasy Republic of Biafra

Well, it will surely come to fruition.
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by babafirst(m): 6:19am On Sep 25, 2015
Aigbofa:

South south today is litered with makeshift refineries, the type the Biafrans are claiming to be part of their achievements.
I man not interested in tales by the moonlight told by secessionists. I need facts.
I am quoting Obiak 4 one of the contributors to this thread- 'we need to tell ourselves is they would construct something greater than the second niger bridge if given the chance,the biafra war has it lessons which we as nigerians have refused to learn,
in the spate of the years they build airports,fabricate aeroplanes,build bunker,refined thier own crude oil locally, e.t.c it goes to show that we as nigerians can do anything if given the right tools' .Unquote.The truth is that even though their(Biafra) inventions were crude around that time they were effective,with time the inventions could have been polished into world class products.That is how the Chinese started and even though today we still mock a lot of their products by calling them Chinco ,the West in particular the USA is jittery of China.Let us call a spade a spade abegi.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by zendy: 6:19am On Sep 25, 2015
Prixus:
I need a sensible answer to this question. no hating pls. it's just a simple question. if millions died in battle for the actualization of biafra y did he run to protect his single life? was it worth more than the Nigerians who lost their own lives in battle? did he place more value on his life than he did on millions? would u dim it wise if the current massob leader does does same? what do u think would have happened to any soldier in that battle or battles if he, upon realising imminent defeat, decided to drop his gun and run?

all I'm saying is avoid war at any cost cos those of u crying blood now will realise that when d drums of war start beating your mindsets will change after seeing it's horror. battles are no longer won on battle fields but in the mind of humans. even the sponsors of boko haram had to win the minds of the minions they use before they could get them to fight or blow up themselves.
God bless the Ibo man
Go bless the Yoruba man
God Bless th Hausa man
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerians.

[b]Its quite unfortunate that a lot of people don't know much about the war. The average Yoruba does not know anything about the war except whatever propaganda he or she was fed on newspapers over the years. Ojukwu was one of the few leaders of a nation who often went went to the war front at great risk to his own life. The invasion of Enugu and the Oguta battle are examples of this. Ojukwu left Biafra 2 days before it collapsed on the advice of his commanders. I have often asked what would have been the point of Ojukwu staying back to be slaughtered over a war that was at an end? It would have been pointless. Infact, Ojukwus departure shortend the war and saved countless lives on both sides. People like my father, an ex Biafran captain, and his men where still armed to teeth in their trenches. It was only on the announcement of Philip Effiong that Ojukwu had left Biafra and the war had come to an end that my father and his men lay down their guns and disbanded. They were quite prepared to carry on fighting. As for the war its self, go and read books. Ojukwu only declared Biafra, he never started any war. Before then, Ojukwu had done everything possible to see to it that there was no war including going to sign a peace agreement in Aburi, Ghana which Gowon broke. War is something people fight when all voice of reason has failed. The same thing is playing out again now with the vast majority of Igbos calling out for a referendum to decide the fate of Nigeria, but as usual, they will be shouting 'one Nigeria'. But when Igbos take up arms to defend their sovereignty, they will wonder why. [/b]

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Foxyhoxy(f): 6:19am On Sep 25, 2015
kestolove95:
N to think u re a female ,n talking without proper discretion. Smh...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by babafirst(m): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2015
adekunle0000:
I agree with you.Great one there.We as Nigerians must think deeply to move forward.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by favourlove1: 6:29am On Sep 25, 2015
aresa:
And the village rebel leader still couldn't hide inside his cave but the coward instead dumped his men on the battlefield for dead and ran to IV to enjoy life and even return to team up with the same folks he fought and sacrificed his own people to fight and even collect rank and benefits from the same people..

Now some losers shouting biafra because another fake and worthless rebel leader who is currently enjoying life thousands of miles away from his village is asking them carry transistor radio to war...

Now some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around..

Some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around
ur even more useless. There is nothing wrong in asking to be on your own if you are unfairly treated. Ur not from there that's y u can run ur mouth this way. Need I remind you that Nigerian is gradually slipping into a racist state? Even Buhari clearly stated it that those who gave him 75 percent vote will enjoy more. So u see? We are not free in our own country. Are you blind? In d west of all the tribes that reside there d Oba deemed if fit to dare the Igbos. Y? Cuz after what can they do? But he dares not make such a comment against d North. D yorubas hate igbos with a passion so is it wrong to ask for our space? You don't like us n you wount let us be. Them swear for una? I am very sure u wount be saying this trash if you were from there. Pls comment n reason like a graduate. Nairaland is a forum not ur play ground. Fairness is what we seek nothing more

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by VanBommel(m): 6:31am On Sep 25, 2015
shellworker:

If you know current affairs you will know that a Nigerian, a Yoruba woman holds the record for the highest kilogram weight of drugs intercepted by drug enforcement agencies.

Do some research and prove me wrong.
help me tell that redundant thwart bereft of ideas.
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Lol i'm not soo interested in this thread you know but one thing that caught my attention is the emboldened. Do you like any of the people you claim hate you? No be fight oo just a simple question.
My brother i dnt hate ur tribe, i see a thread against my people and u expect me to pass by? No i wont
Stat on ur own,who knows we might be best friends after seccession.
What i know is that Biafra is the machinary of africa, take it or leave it

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by favourlove1: 6:33am On Sep 25, 2015
As for those talking trash regarding the Igbos I see you guys are disconnected from ur past. All an igbo man seeks for isn't freedom but FAIRNESS. Most of you wount sound the way u do if u were from that tribe n treated the way we have been treated lately. I wish you all what you wish the igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 25, 2015
favourlove1:
ur even more useless. There is nothing wrong in asking to be on your own if you are unfairly treated. Ur not from there that's y u can run ur mouth this way. Need I remind you that Nigerian is gradually slipping into a racist state? Even Buhari clearly stated it that those who gave him 75 percent vote will enjoy more. So u see? We are not free in our own country. Are you blind? In d west of all the tribes that reside there d Oba deemed if fit to dare the Igbos. Y? Cuz after what can they do? But he dares not make such a comment against d North. D yorubas hate igbos with a passion so is it wrong to ask for our space? You don't like us n you wount let us be. Them swear for una? I am very sure u wount be saying this trash if you were from there. Pls comment n reason like a graduate. Nairaland is a forum not ur play ground. Fairness is what we seek nothing more

Very good! seems i've seen someone who will answer my question. Its about the emboldened, okay yes we agree! but the question is this Do you like them too? No lie oo

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by lebete3000: 6:36am On Sep 25, 2015
menabadoo:
Biafra will be a land of technology if we secede, quote me.

you guys aren't going anywhere!

we will fvck you till you die!!! and den bury ya....lols

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Rotimi47: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2015
T8ksy:
Ojukwu hiding in his bunker whilst he sent his people out on a "chicken run" with WWII rifles to confront the might of the federal troops.

After losing 3 million souls, he finally left his bunker where he and his toy soldiers had been feeding fat at the expense of his vulnerable folks who were dropping dead like flies, from hunger & kwashorko, in the middle of the night like a quintessential coward to flee to exile, in Abidjan.
His people where armed with the most sophisticated weapons manufactured by France & her Allies as at that time; they were also trained by them. They fought well but lost due to their invasion of Yoruba territory ( Ore in Ondo State), they might have a Biafra by now but it will be on a very small territory if they had not invaded the west.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2015
PrinceBundu:

My brother i dnt hate ur tribe, i see a thread against my people and u expect me to pass by? No i wont
Stat on ur own,who knows we might be best friends after seccession.
What i know is that Biafra is the machinary of africa, take it or leave it

Ooooh yeah of course i know ibos love Yorubas soooo much in fact sometimes i get tired of How Ibos come here to praise us on a regular basis you know.Only God deserves those kind of adulations cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

And look Son i never said Biafra is not the machinery of Africa ooo. To me you even said the wrong thing, i think biafra is the machinery of the universe

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by babafirst(m): 6:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Aigbofa:

I am not interested in tales by the moonlight told by secessionists. I need facts.
And the facts are all around,visit the war museum and you will see all the facts.I have been there including the bunker.The Army maintains a museum in the East today because of the significance of the achievements of Biafra.Frankly and I am not exaggerating,from evidence of the relics of history,if we had tapped on the early technological successes of Biafra, Naija would have been greater today.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by seedorfg(m): 6:40am On Sep 25, 2015
biafraudian and the flat head yeebhoe will like this sh1tz, 419 of the nation

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by wisdomguy4u(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2015
babafirst:
Great ingenuity,the type that Nigeria needs today.If Nigeria had leveraged on the technological strides of Biafra, after the war, Nigeria would have been in the top 10 most advanced countries today.(Mind you I am not an Ibo man,but this is just frank talk)

It is a fact that the civil war provided a golden
opportunity for the country to have developed
technologically but the opportunity was lost due to
tribalism, sectionalism, regionalism, disunity and
fear of domination by the Igbos. Every focus was and is still on the oil. Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by chinae(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2015
Duru1:
Nigeria is a dead end!!!
Yes nigeria (small 'n') died after dea amalgamation.
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Emperoradrian(m): 6:44am On Sep 25, 2015
kestolove95:
Recieve brains in Jesus Name Amen! Even if na carmel or fish,or even tolotolo brain,all na brain,atleast thy head shud nt b empty.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by DYoung2(m): 6:44am On Sep 25, 2015
[quote author=donpope1 post=38345402]Ojukwu Bunker Facts
Ojukwu Bunker is part of the National War Museum and its annex at Okpara Avenue, all in Umuahia, Abia State.
The bunker, constructed during the civil war after the fall of Enugu, was the subterranean office for the Biafran government. The premises belonged to Late Dr. Michael I. Okpara, the second Premier of Eastern Nigeria from Dcember 17, 1959 to January 15, 1966.
The plan was drawn on April, 1968 by Frank Mbanefo Associates. Frank Mbanefo was from Onitsha, Anambra State. Structural design was done by Agbim and partners. Dr. Chuba Agbim was from Amaru Village in Nimo, Anambra State.
After the office was built, did the rebels succeed in standing on their own as a Biafran Nation?.
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by walozanga(m): 6:45am On Sep 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Na you get time for yoruba people dis night

Abi... U no say they get bascket mouth.
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by secretsofpeace(m): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2015
aresa:
And the village rebel leader still couldn't hide inside his cave but the coward instead dumped his men on the battlefield for dead and ran to IV to enjoy life and even return to team up with the same folks he fought and sacrificed his own people to fight and even collect rank and benefits from the same people..

Now some losers shouting biafra because another fake and worthless rebel leader who is currently enjoying life thousands of miles away from his village is asking them carry transistor radio to war...

Now some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around..

Some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around

Yoruba = hausa fulani slave

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) / CBN Governor Emefiele Hurriedly Leaves US After Buhari's Tongue-Lashing / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.