Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu (1524 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Tanyogo(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2015
Anayo Nwonu represents Ezza North/Ishielu Federal Constituency of Ebonyi State in the House of Representatives. In this interview, he calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to extend his probe to previous administrations. He also tells the South East people not to expect much from Buhari’s administration. THE South East lost out in the recently constituted leadership of the House. What is your view on that? What happened in the House recently was the will of God. When we were inaugurated, we agreed to work together with the All Progressives Congress ,APC, lawmakers. But the APC itself was not organized in handling its issues. If it was in the era of PDP, this leadership tussle would not linger. But we thank God that the problem is over and we have put all those things that happened behind us. APC has so far picked its people in the leadership, so all we have to do is to support them. In terms of whether the South East was short-changed or not, I will say yes, the region was short- changed completely. There was no reason for that. When they were shouting during the electioneering period that they would accord the South East priority, I knew all were just mere promises to get the support of our people at the election. For me, if I had the opportunity of going back to the polls again, I would still support the PDP. Anyway, they have done what they wanted. And the region will still be ill- treated in the appointment of ministers. On election of the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu I am not in support of this hierarchy which the two chambers of the National Assembly emphasize in their standing rules. I condemned it before I even stepped my feet into the House of Representatives. In fact, I wanted to contest for the position of Minority Leader, as a first timer but they used the hierarchy issue to short-live my ambition. I was not happy about that. I would suggest that as far as you have been elected as a member of the House of Representatives, you should be qualified to contest for any elective position. This hierarchy thing is causing a lot of problems and I like what happened in the Senate where that jinx was broken. This means that the emphasis on hierarchy would not be conspicuous next time. Do you think the South-East zone should be compensated by the House leadership in anyway? The House Speaker, Yakubu Dogara should carry every member along, irrespective of where the person comes from. I can vow for the speaker that he was not part of what happened in the House of Representatives during the composition of the House leadership because he started preaching equity and federal character from the day he assumed office. I believe that Mr Speaker, in his own wisdom, will use his power to make sure he balances the equation in the House. On the probe of Jonathan’s administration I am not in support of the focus on Jonathan’s administration. I believe that narrowing the probe to Jonathan’s administration would appear as if it is a personal fight. I am personally supporting him to fight corruption but the fight must be broad based. It must go beyond the Jonathan administration. They should look into the activities that happened in previous administrations. Like I said, narrowing it to the government of Jonathan will show us that the Buhari leadership is a one-sided leadership that is just out to hunt a particular group in the country based on their political inclination. What is your view on the bailout fund given to insolvent states in the country? What the former governor of my state did was to deliberately put the new administration in a tight corner. And I believe that was what happened in all the affected states. I knew the battle we fought with the former governor when he was trying to impose candidates on people. The former governor made sure he emptied the treasury of Ebonyi State so that nothing would be left. As I am talking to you now, if I tell you how much Ebonyi owes in the capital market you would not believe it.
Source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/?p=564331
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by DlawTECHY(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
did you and your people vote buhari in for him to give you appointments? bloody savages trying to reap from where they didn't sow.

I wanted to reply u but one word keep coming to mind to call u

*Mumu*

7 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by mayorchelsea(m): 9:27am On Sep 25, 2015
OK but had another region accused the ex governor of financial excesses,they would have taken it apolitical
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
did you and your people vote buhari in for him to give you appointments? bloody savages trying to reap from where they didn't sow.

The oil that has prevented your region from being like Togo is it not from the old Eastern region. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
school your wretched father first
MUMU cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by disloman(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2015
Rose2014:

I wanted to reply u but one word keep coming to mind to call u

*capital Mumu*
The guy was damn right cos you guys said you don't have a regret for not voting Buhari.Why are you guys still complaining?Chest beaters!

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
hahaha. im a pure deltan boy. no be my region the oil they come from? stop trying to attach yourself to south south by force. it wont work.

Answers my question below.

Which tribe are you from in Delta.? cool

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2015
disloman:
The guy was damn right cos you guys said you don't have a regret for not voting Buhari.Why are you guys still complaining?Chest beaters!

Another Mumu cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by disloman(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2015
Rose2014:

Another Mumu cheesy
thanks and I'm proud of the name but wise men told mi not to argue with a f00l cos people from the distance can tell who is who.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
hahaha. im a pure deltan boy. no be my region the oil they come from? stop trying to attach yourself to south south by force. it wont work.

Onye ofe mmanu claiming Deltan cheesy

And u had to open this moniker this morning with your new found origin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2015
disloman:
thanks and I'm proud of the name but wise men told mi not to argue with a f00l cos people from the distance can tell who is who.
Ok mumu run along

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Tanyogo(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
U pple shouldn't kill ur selfs with words.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by seunmsg(m): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

The oil that has prevented your region from being like Togo is it not from the old Eastern region. cool

The old Eastern region is dead and buried. What we have now is 36 states and 6 geopolitical zone. Nigeria oil revenues comes majorly from the south south zone with little additions from the south west and south east in that order. Lagos in the south west accounts for over 60% of the VAT and non oil revenue of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
You and your APC has turned Nigeria to mama chichi's shop. If you patronize her, you will get credit.

Buhari is petty.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Decibel: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2015
Who cares
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Tanyogo(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Decibel:
Who cares
My SE brothers do.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Candyrain(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2015
He's actually a Urhobo boy. You need not bother yourself with him.

How are you doing? Are you ok? Being trying to reach you but I'm getting no response. What's going on?

Rose2014:

Onye ofe mmanu claiming Deltan cheesy

And u had to open this moniker this morning with your new found origin
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
Candyrain:
He's actually a Urhobo boy. You need not bother yourself with him.

How are you doing? Are you ok? Being trying to reach you but I'm getting no response. What's going on?

Good day my love

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Candyrain(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
What are my sins, why did you forget me swthrt? Not fair sad

Rose2014:

Good day my love
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Rose2014: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
Candyrain:
What are my sins, why did you forget me swthrt? Not fair sad

I still love you sweetheart
I'll explain later pls
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
how many u be gan wey u no go get small appointment?
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by CyberWolf: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
The ediot should shut up abeg...What has this ediot done for Ezza people he is representing? angry angry
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
it it doesn't really matter afterall it's biafra we want.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by CSTR2: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
Bleh.
A ministerial post under buhari is not something worth fighting for. The people he is probably going to appoint are almajiris and those who require 2,3 and 4 to enter unity schools.
One look at the president and the hopelessness of Nigeria just gets you.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu by WHOcarex: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
Enough of these ministerial news already.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra People Protesting In PH....go Back To Your SE / PDP Mounts Controversial "Change The Change" Billboard In Makurdi / Lagos/ogun Killings: Ijaw And Yoruba Nations To Hold Emergency Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.