Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,193 members, 7,887,458 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2662433 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
lavivaavril:
I'm so happy with the rate ITAs are poring in. I'm planning on submitting my application this coming week, got ITA last week. My only headache was my hubby's passport which had about six months left but God showed up in our Favour and he was able to get a new passport in two days.

Congrats to all who just got ITA
Congrats on All the ITAs....I'm hoping to be in the pool before scores goes up. Pls how did you get your passports in just two days? Mine been there for over a week now and no response and I used a known officer.My IELTS is really delaying cos of this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello house, pls i need help.I need to apply for pcc UK, can i provide 2 statement of accounts from 2 separate banks as proof of address? Pls assist with a response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Yes you can
Beckyhopeful:
Hello house, pls i need help.I need to apply for pcc UK, can i provide 2 statement of accounts from 2 separate banks as proof of address? Pls assist with a response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
Someone should please answer this.

Hello House,

Does anyone know any province that requires Medical Laboratory Technologist? Struggling to get it online.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
Anyone has an idea as to how to correct a little mistake on Marriage Certificate? I just figured they put Civil Servant as professions for my wife and I.

advice anyone? We have never been civil servants.

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
jenny3:
Yes you can
Thanks Jenny for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
yow17:
Morning Gurus in the house,

I am a bit confused about which NOC to use between 2281 and 2282.. I will appreciate if IT guys in the house can also help.

My job role has been between Customer support engineer to IT/Service Desk Analyst. Please see below some job duties

· Monitoring customer services using a 3rd party application, ensuring they are LIVE on the network and active on the Network.
· Ensuring Client compliance to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) as executed between the clients and the organisation.
· Support issues resolution as reported by clients.
· Generate reports based on daily monitoring statistics.
· Provide on the spot customer technical fault analysis and troubleshooting.
• Troubleshooting LAN and access points for clients on the network.
• Created and configured VLANs and supporting the internet services for clients and met up with customer SLAs
• Part of the computing team that festered computing knowledge amongst team
• Provided independent support of computer hardware, PC builds, software and peripherals and manage technology obsolescence for mining clients.
• Support data and communication networks, including wiring and related software/hardware upgrades, modifications, replacements and troubleshooting in coordination with corporate IT.
• Delegate responsibilities to appropriate team members and provide status to supervisors and clients.
• Involved in networking projects that includes network design and documentation.
• Hardware installation (Racking / Cabling / Memory / Hard Drives / Raid Cards)
• Software Configuration (Operating System Installation, updates, Control Panel’s, SQL Server)
• Prioritisation and escalation of requests & issues into 3rd line teams
Active Directory and Exchange accounts management
• BES 12 Workspace management, Avaya/Cisco VOIP creation for users
• PC builds deployment via SCSM.
• VB Macros for quick automated task in Excel and data analysis for team productivity

Does this fall more under 2282 or?
Apologies for long message. Trying to provide as much duties

I think u r more of 2281. I also had the same problem of choosing but I ended up choosing 2282 cos I do more of user support while yours is more of network support.

All da best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
WES will only evaluate ,Bachelors, Masters and Doctorates degrees from Nigerian universities and Onds and Hnds from polytechnics. I know because I wasted over a year to send them my predree/diploma transcript from Unilag and it was not evaluated. They will definately not evaluate a professional course like you have stated.

softseun:
It happens that i register for this 1 year program from a college but didn't graduate at that time, now am trying to go back to the school so i could be able to use this certificate under "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" in combination with my Bachelors degree.

To satisfy my curiosity, i called this school to ask what type of [b]qualification [/b]would be issued upon completion of this program called " Microsoft Certified Solution Developer" they told me it will be just MCSD Credential Certificate from Microsoft and a Transcript from their school highlighting the Modules completed which i have listed below. They would not issue any certificate from their school asides this.

I want to ask if WES would evaluate Microsoft certificate as 1 year graduate study if i provide this school transcript

Windows*
Introduction to programming*
Spreadsheets*
Database*
Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3** 70-480
Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications** 70-486
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services** 70-487

The certificate listed in this category (Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.) are the following:
ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
If I read correctly, you have a masters degree in mechanical engineering. With a good ielts score, even at 36 years of age, you can score over 440 points.

olugere:
ITA's Holders....

Congratulations to all my senior in the house who got their ITA's God will perfect the rest, and you will all laugh last.

Is is possible to get job offer from canada.? I work in a power station NOC A - Power stationary engineer

I study mechanical b.eng + m.eng mechanical. 36 years age + 6 years work experience

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
@temitope06, I agree with you about post AOR "silence" It would be great if we are able to keep the thread alive with info, waiting time blues, etc etc. That's what the Indians et al do and there is a whole wealth of info on their threads.
I didn't submit a schedule A with my eAPR and I wasn't asked for one through out my application. Make sure you answer the statutory questions correctly and explain as applicable. If you have been refused a UK visa in the past, then you were given a letter detailing reasons for refusal. If you do have that, you can include it. I did alongside my LOE.

@Nogen, congratulations. Persistence does pay after all.@kathyjex and @optionese Congrats!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
Spatz81:
Anyone has an idea as to how to correct a little mistake on Marriage Certificate? I just figured they put Civil Servant as professions for my wife and I.

Thanks for your advice.
I don't think it matters oh. Seems to be their template. I have that in mine too, and my spouse and I have never been civil servants.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello. I actually think you should apply for a remark on your listening. I don't think you have anything to lose. You are already in the pool,
if you get an invite at 420, you'll accept the ITA and then hold off on submitting your application until your remark is concluded. If you do get an ITA and your scores are upgraded and your crs increases and you already got an ITA at 420, you simply write a letter of explanation to that effect attaching the scanned copy of your old and new TRFs and email notification of upgraded result from british council. If you do not receive an ITA at 420 before your request is concluded, be rest assured that if you do get an upgrade, you would get one.
Lordnath:
Hi Guys, thanks to all who have contributed to this topic. I started the journey by reading from page zero, and trust me it's been worth the effort.

Below is my timeline, hoping to keep updating as milestones are reached. I will be participating in the discussion henceforth so as to contribute my quota to this pool of knowledge.

My advice to aspiring pool candidates;
1. Make extensive research- I had all my questions answered right here on this topic!
2. If you're about to take your IELTS, please concentrate more on Listening and Reading. If I had 8 in Listening, my score would have been 478!

Hoping for over 4k invitations and 420- in next draw.

ECA (WES) Applied: 03/03/17
IELTS Test Taken: 25/03/17
WES ECA Completed: 30/03/17 (Equivalent to Canadian Masters Degree)
IELTS Result: 07/04/17 (R-8.5, L-7.5, S-8.5, W-7.5)
EE Profile Created: 13/04/17
ITA: Loading
CRS: 420

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
lwkmd! Its the person who filled the form for your marriage certificate. I ensured I filled the notice of marriage form and proof read the Form E during my time. That being said, I don't think any amendments can be made to your marriage certificate though but maybe others with more info could help.
Spatz81:

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
drhopeful:
I don't think it matters oh. Seems to be their template. I have that in mine too, and my spouse and I have never been civil servants.

a little relief then, thanks.... what stage in all of these processes are you.... got your visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
vcole:
lwkmd! Its the person who filled the form for your marriage certificate. I ensured I filled the notice of marriage form and proof read the Form E during my time. That being said, I don't think any amendments can be made to your marriage certificate though but maybe others with more info could help.

the thing tire me ooo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
vcole:
@temitope06, I agree with you about post AOR "silence" It would be great if we are able to keep the thread alive with info, waiting time blues, etc etc. That's what the Indians et al do and there is a whole wealth of info on their threads.
I didn't submit a schedule A with my eAPR and I wasn't asked for one through out my application. Make sure you answer the statutory questions correctly and explain as applicable. If you have been refused a UK visa in the past, then you were given a letter detailing reasons for refusal. If you do have that, you can include it. I did alongside my LOE.

@Nogen, congratulations. Persistence does pay after all.@kathyjex and @optionese Congrats!

I do have it, my record keeping is A1. One issue tho is did u answer No to 2 stat questions? Cos there are two very similar ones asking about visa refusal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yow17: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
bigbroda:

I think u r more of 2281. I also had the same problem of choosing but I ended up choosing 2282 cos I do more of user support while yours is more of network support.

All da best!

Thanks so much bigbroda.. I appreciate

Just need to ace my IELTS this time..missed on a .5 on listening last time which will move me from 402 to 467 sad and didnt know anything called remark existed.

This page has been helpful..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by CORE(m): 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
zandora:

Actually I wasn't the one who responded to your query, Jesusdway did.

No it's not too late to start your application as no deadline has been set yet. Yes children get free education. You are supposed to evaluate only your highest degree hence your MBA will do if you believe it'll be equivalent to Canadian Master's.
to

@Zandora,
I have an MBA executive from OAU , is it equivalent to Canada masters? Or should I use my BSC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by coolhayor: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
Use IQAS to evaluate it. They will equate it to a canadian executive masters degree of 2 years study.

CORE:
to

@Zandora,
I have an MBA executive from OAU , is it equivalent to Canada masters? Or should I use my BSC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
How old is your Tbills and does it have sufficient funds? Or u need to add your husband's?

oomowoomie:

Thanks a lot boldinc

Yes the Tbills is in his name and it's d same account I spoke about in number 2. Although I also have Tbills having d same condition as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
Spatz81:

Thanks for your advice.

loool. dont mind them.
mine is a mistake in my age. I was quoted 1 year younger and i never saw it till when i scanned the certificate for this eAPR.
What i did was to write a LOE and attached my birth cert. I dont want any additional document requests besides PPR abeg.
So if it makes u feel less uncomfortable, u can include a LOE.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
Pls share her details... 309 is very low. Maybe you calculated wrongly.

ioi74:

her score is 309
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, since I couldn't find any comment on how NCE is evaluated by Wes or iqas, I will like to find out by evaluating my NCE and Bsc.
I hope to write IELTS by August, when i will be 1 year in my current post nysc work, and enter the pool then.

So, I literally have time.

Profile:

Single, 26yrs, 1 year post Nysc experience by August, NCE and Bsc, University of calgary accepted master student (starting September), etc.

Do we have any Unilag person, working/studying, in the house?

Who can help with payment of eca fee?

Any advise for me?

I need a personal mentor, who will like to mentor me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by biggie1o2(m): 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
Please what's the duration for the IELTS remarking takes for result to be out? Same 13 days?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ioi74(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
boldinc:
Pls share her details... 309 is very low. Maybe you calculated wrongly.

please what details exactly do you require?

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Osemigho:
Ladies and gentlemen, since I couldn't find any comment on how NCE is evaluated by Wes or iqas, I will like to find out by evaluating my NCE and Bsc.
I hope to write IELTS by August, when i will be 1 year in my current post nysc work, and enter the pool then.

So, I literally have time.

Profile:

Single, 26yrs, 1 year post Nysc experience by August, NCE and Bsc, University of calgary accepted master student (starting September), etc.

Do we have any Unilag person, working/studying, in the house?

Who can help with payment of eca fee?

Any advise for me?

I need a personal mentor, who will like to mentor me?

Hi, any particular reason you're in a hurry to obtain PR status seeing that you'd be starting your masters soon at Uni of Calgary? Unless you're scared of rules changing after you complete your program, i'll advice you wait till then as you wouldn't need an ECA for a Canadian degree. However, if you decide to go ahead with PR, then you can evaluate your BSc and Nce and hope to claim 'two or more degrees'. Also, you could claim points for your one year NYSC experience as long as it falls under NOC 0, A or B and you can substantiate it with reference letters and other proof required.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
CORE:
to

@Zandora,

Yes ur MBA Executive is equivalent to Canada MBA. I went to OAU and my ECA thru WES confirmed it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 4:28am On Apr 15, 2017
On POF, can one use ONLY fixed deposit that is just one month old? One is in spouse's name and the other in principal applicant's name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:42am On Apr 15, 2017
drhopeful:

It depends on the officer reviewing your case. It does matter to some.

One Naija applicant didn't get PPR 8 months post AOR, he decided to order his GCMS notes. There, his reviewing officer made a comment that the occupation he chose was different from what was on his marriage certificate. He concluded that his employment information wasn't consistent and couldn't be trusted.

He wrote to them and explained the issue. Last time I checked, he still hasn't gotten his PPR.

My suggestion is that you attach a convincing letter of explanation and all documents to prove your employment, especially salary statement of account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 6:08am On Apr 15, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

It depends on the officer reviewing your case. It does matter to some.

One Naija applicant didn't get PPR 8 months post AOR, he decided to order his GCMS notes. There, his reviewing officer made a comment that the occupation he chose was different from what was on his marriage certificate. He concluded that his employment information wasn't consistent and couldn't be trusted.

He wrote to them and explained the issue. Last time I checked, he still hasn't gotten his PPR.

My suggestion is that you attach a convincing letter of explanation and all documents to prove your employment, especially salary statement of account.

Thanks for this detail. Shows how important it is to ensure consistency in all your documents, no matter how old they are.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 6:14am On Apr 15, 2017
biggie1o2:
Please what's the duration for the IELTS remarking takes for result to be out? Same 13 days?

It take 6 - 8 weeks for remarking.
The results will also be frozen during the period so its a long wait for me considering that 2nd June is around the corner. Its really annoying for me as I missed out on expected band in reading by 0.5 but wont remark for now as we await spouse's results. I'v had to re-register for the exam though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eaglemaniac: 6:57am On Apr 15, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
studyexec:

It take 6 - 8 weeks for remarking.
The results will also be frozen during the period so its a long wait for me considering that 2nd June is around the corner. Its really annoying for me as I missed out on expected band in reading by 0.5 but wont remark for now as we await spouse's results. I'v had to re-register for the exam though.
In my case,it took 13 weeks for me to get my result after remark, the 6-8 weeks is just the minimum time you have to wait to get your result.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.