Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,175 members, 7,887,416 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2662404 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Winchman: 7:51am On Apr 15, 2017
Does anyone know someone who went to FUTO and has completed their ECA with WES? WES just received my documents, I reckon they will want to verify. So I need to understand how they communicate with FUTO. E-mail, courier, what? I need to know who to follow up with in that school immediately WES requests for verification.
*Heads up* If you are having difficulty getting WES to respond to you, tweet at them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2017
Age, Highest degree, ielts score...

ioi74:

please what details exactly do you require?

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 8:12am On Apr 15, 2017
Winchman:
Does anyone know someone who went to FUTO and has completed their ECA with WES? WES just received my documents, I reckon they will want to verify. So I need to understand how they communicate with FUTO. E-mail, courier, what? I need to know who to follow up with in that school immediately WES requests for verification.
*Heads up* If you are having difficulty getting WES to respond to you, tweet at them.

whats their twitter handle please.

Never mind- @WESCanada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2017
House please, as at 2009 I was self employed when I got married & that's what is stated on my marriage certificate, but from 2011-2015 I was employed & that's the past experience that I got a reference letter to use as part of my documents for this application. Is this okay or a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2017
cookies:
House please, as at 2009 I was self employed when I got married & that's what is stated on my marriage certificate, but from 2011-2015 I was employed & that's the past experience that I got a reference letter to use as part of my documents for this application. Is this okay or a problem?

its is okay as long as the period when you were self employed is indicated in the Personal history section and the dates jives with when you were married. I guess you are in a safe place. IMO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

It depends on the officer reviewing your case. It does matter to some.

One Naija applicant didn't get PPR 8 months post AOR, he decided to order his GCMS notes. There, his reviewing officer made a comment that the occupation he chose was different from what was on his marriage certificate. He concluded that his employment information wasn't consistent and couldn't be trusted.

He wrote to them and explained the issue. Last time I checked, he still hasn't gotten his PPR.

My suggestion is that you attach a convincing letter of explanation and all documents to prove your employment, especially salary statement of account.

I understand this sort of mistakes on Marriage Certificates cannot be corrected.... would an affidavit disclaiming it and maybe advice paystub received during the period suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chi17: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2017
boldinc:
Age, Highest degree, ielts score...

38yrs, Bsc Economics , L-6,S-8,W-6.5,R-7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2017
JUST A QUICK ONE HOUSE. Leave reference letter which can be used to contact our supervisors and co. How do they confirm all these companies we work for? Is it only via CAC ie if a company doesnt have a website cz you cant tell me all the companies in Nigeria or even in the abroad has a website/is in google search. Cz my company no get website but my ref letters are Ircc format and all...Please can anyone help on this. Its worrying me ooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 10:39am On Apr 15, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

One Naija applicant didn't get PPR 8 months post AOR, he decided to order his GCMS notes. There, his reviewing officer made a comment that the occupation he chose was different from what was on his marriage certificate. He concluded that his employment information wasn't consistent and couldn't be trusted.

He wrote to them and explained the issue. Last time I checked, he still hasn't gotten his PPR.

My suggestion is that you attach a convincing letter of explanation and all documents to prove your employment, especially salary statement of account.
Thanks so much. I could have sworn it did not matter. Those guys just write what they wish irrespective of the input data given to them. It's really annoying. Have same issues with name change on passport. Glaring mistake but no remorse shown whatsoever.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Helo i think i have a similar issue. The profession written on my marriage certificate is Accountant. I worked as an accountant from 2012 to 2014 and i am a chartered accountant by profession. While from 2014- till date i work in the Bank in as a compliance staff.I got married in 2016. Will this be an issue.

My suggestion is that you attach a convincing letter of explanation and all documents to prove your employment, especially salary statement of account.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2017
Helo i think i have a similar issue. The profession written on my marriage certificate is Accountant. I worked as an accountant from 2012 to 2014 and i am a chartered accountant by profession. While from 2014- till date i work in the Bank in as a compliance staff.I got married in 2016. Will this be an issue.

drhopeful:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2017
ysmd:

I don't think u ve any issue. You are an accountant (chartered for that matter), so there's no misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Joyugo it's a good thing you have someone on the inside. Pls disturb that person well! Don't solely rely on phone calls, go there. I've noticed that they might tend to attend mostly to people they see physically and keep posting others not there. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Spatz81:

I understand this sort of mistakes on Marriage Certificates cannot be corrected.... would an affidavit disclaiming it and maybe advice paystub received during the period suffice?

That should be fine. Do not forget to include a letter of explanation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
eaglemaniac:
[color=#006600][/color]
In my case,it took 13 weeks for me to get my result after remark, the 6-8 weeks is just the minimum time you have to wait to get your result.

Well my experience was 4 weeks after which writing was moved up from 6.5 to 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by anaxagoras: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello All,

I have started my journey to attain the PR so I have started studying for the IELTS.
I have my BSc in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Covenant University) and I have just completed my MSc in Information Technology (National Open University) but my certificate will be out in January next , 2018. What do I do? Should I wait until my MSC certificate is out or I can go ahead with WES evaluation ?

I need an advice from you guys.

Thanks in anticipation smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walebaba2008(f): 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
eaglemaniac:
[color=#006600][/color]
In my case,it took 13 weeks for me to get my result after remark, the 6-8 weeks is just the minimum time you have to wait to get your result.

Please confirm if your result was upgraded eventually. And indicate which of the modules was upgraded if any.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eaglemaniac: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
walebaba2008:

Please confirm if your result was upgraded eventually. And indicate which of the modules was upgraded if any.
I remarked writing and it was upgraded from 6.5 to 7.5. So remarking could be a good idea if you you have enough time to wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
@anaxagoras

Can you get an attestation or statement of result from NOUN? If yes, you can use it in lieu of the certificate.

If you wish to enter the EE pool as quickly as possible, I will suggest that you use IQAS. Processing time is a maximum of 15 working days.

PS: Please find out if foreign bodies have been assessing NOUN postgraduate degrees positively.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lordnath(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
vcole:
Hello. I actually think you should apply for a remark on your listening. I don't think you have anything to lose. You are already in the pool,
if you get an invite at 420, you'll accept the ITA and then hold off on submitting your application until your remark is concluded. If you do get an ITA and your scores are upgraded and your crs increases and you already got an ITA at 420, you simply write a letter of explanation to that effect attaching the scanned copy of your old and new TRFs and email notification of upgraded result from british council. If you do not receive an ITA at 420 before your request is concluded, be rest assured that if you do get an upgrade, you would get one.

You did well in convincing me. I'll request a remark on the Listening section. I agree I have nothing to lose except for the £60 remark fees. embarassed

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
lavivaavril:
Joyugo it's a good thing you have someone on the inside. Pls disturb that person well! Don't solely rely on phone calls, go there. I've noticed that they might tend to attend mostly to people they see physically and keep posting others not there. Best of luck
Thanks my sister,ure correct,will go standby with the woman on Tuesday n I told her I got exams this month...IELTS will be in May .Naija n it's Govt Workers. God will help us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lordnath:

You did well in convincing me. I'll request a remark on the Listening section. I agree I have nothing to lose except for the £60 remark fees. embarassed

Thanks

Honestly I also wish I could request for a remark in listening but d fact dat it's objective kind of makes it discouraging.

I have 7.5 in listening and 7 in others. Using d CRS calculator, with 8 in listening I should be in d threshold of 430 which is enough to beat d cutoff mark considering d announcement of 423 few days ago. Interestingly an addition of 1 or 2 to my score in listening should get me d 8 band considering d IELTS band rating. Should I also request for a remark or just rewrite the exam? What do u think guyz?

One luv!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
joyuzo:
Thanks my sister,ure correct,will go standby with the woman on Tuesday n I told her I got exams this month...IELTS will be in May .Naija n it's Govt Workers. God will help us.

Abi o with dis government workers wahala. Started processing my transcripts about 3 months ago and they are yet to leave the schools. Already paid WES sef, waiting for d transcripts to leave d schools. It's well!

Has anyone evaluated an M.Sc. from Open University with WES before? what was the outcome?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
Thank you
perks:

I don't think u ve any issue. You are an accountant (chartered for that matter), so there's no misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
bigbroda:

Abi o with dis government workers wahala. Started processing my transcripts about 3 months ago and they are yet to leave the schools. Already paid WES sef, waiting for d transcripts to leave d schools. It's well!

Has anyone evaluated an M.Sc. from Open University with WES before? what was the outcome?

Guy you for go for IQAS.I used IQAS to evaluate my MBA from Open University.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
40manlappy:
@anaxagoras

Can you get an attestation or statement of result from NOUN? If yes, you can use it in lieu of the certificate.

If you wish to enter the EE pool as quickly as possible, I will suggest that you use IQAS. Processing time is a maximum of 15 working days.

PS: Please find out if foreign bodies have been assessing NOUN postgraduate degrees positively.

I assessed my postgraduate degree from NOUN through IQAS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
Please how I need someone to assist me with a good contact for Nigeria PCC. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lordnath(m): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
bigbroda:

Honestly I also wish I could request for a remark in listening but d fact dat it's objective kind of makes it discouraging.

I have 7.5 in listening and 7 in others. Using d CRS calculator, with 8 in listening I should be in d threshold of 430 which is enough to beat d cutoff mark considering d announcement of 423 few days ago. Interestingly an addition of 1 or 2 to my score in listening should 9get me d 8 band considering d IELTS band rating. Should I also request for a remark or just rewrite the exam? What do u think guyz?

One luv!

What's your CRS with your current IELTS ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walebaba2008(f): 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
40manlappy:
@anaxagoras

yes. WES has been assessing NOUN postgraduate degrees positively. Especiaally master of science in Information Technology. I'm not sure of IQAS though.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walebaba2008(f): 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
yes. WES has been assessing NOUN postgraduate degrees positively. Especiaally master of science in Information Technology. I'm not sure of IQAS though.
40manlappy:
@anaxagoras

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
dannio:

I assessed my postgraduate degree from NOUN through IQAS

Cool smiley
@anaxagoras Here is proof that you can evaluate your NOUN MSc through IQAS. They accept "attestation".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
dannio:

Guy you for go for IQAS.I used IQAS to evaluate my MBA from Open University.

Thanks bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.