Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,064 members, 7,906,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:22 PM

Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation (36946 Views)

Why Buhari Chose UK Ahead Of Nigerian Hospitals — Lai Muhammad / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Kingspin(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2015
He did not inform them, does that make any different or sense? Its d same people changing strategy.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by TippyTop(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2015
It was gathered that a former Head of State wanted a particular candidate but his request was politely turned down by the President on account of age.

[size=15pt]Buhari asked the ex-leader to bring in a “younger person”.[/size]

Imagine 73yr old Buhari saying someone is too old.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 02, 2015
Why should fashola make up the list..
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by handie(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2015
O
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by dust144(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2015
Wise man

1 Like

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by emmanuelcrawler(m): 7:31am On Oct 02, 2015
K
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Djbaka(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by free2ryhme: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
The most important thing is transparency in the selection of the ministers and their ability to deliver. Let's have a bit of trust in our leaders.
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Etruth: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
DONSMITH123:

don't worry. I knew the position that suit you my brother.

I will give you minister for Women affair and for my guy Barcanista.....no comments o... grin grin grin grin grin
The bolded will head the Ministry of Wailing. He's skilled in that sector. Watch out for his name in #thelist pt2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by free2ryhme: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
DONSMITH123:
President Muhammadu Buhari’s 21 would-be ministers whose names he gave the Senate on Wednesday were unaware of their nominations, The Nation learnt yesterday.

The President neither met nor hinted any of the nominees of their appointments, it was learnt.

After shortlisting those he needed, according to a source, Buhari directed security agencies to conduct discreet investigations into their records. Those closer to him were not exempted, the source said.

The Presidency yesterday directed all the nominees to submit their curriculum vitae.

In 14 states yesterday, there was anxiety because no nominees were named.

Some of the states are Ondo, Kogi, Abia, Enugu and Imo.

A source, who spoke with our correspondent, said: “Most of the nominees announced on Wednesday were caught unawares because Buhari never sat any of them down or told them that they would be among his ministers.

“Even though some of them had been coming to the Presidential Villa, he did not confide in them.

“I can tell you that the President did not give assurance to ex-Governors Rotimi Amaechi, Kayode Fayemi, and Babatunde Fashola. Even as close as Lt.-Gen. Dambazzau and Sen. Hadi Sirika are to the President, they did not know that they would be in the cabinet. The President adopted suspense all through. That is his style.

The source spoke of how some of the nominees nursed the ambition of being ministers but got frustrated after they could not read the President’s mind.

“The President only directed security agencies to conduct discreet security checks on them for about one or two months.

“The security checks were jealously guarded to prevent leakage. This was the nature of the appointment.

“The President adopted intelligence approach in picking his team. A few others who were nominated by some highly-placed Nigerians, political leaders and governors could not scale through the discreet checks.”

It was gathered that most of the nominees were only contacted yesterday morning to submit their curricular vitae at the Presidential Villa.

Another source added: “You can see the transparency of the process adopted by the President. It was on Thursday morning that the Presidency started sending messages to most of the nominees to send their CVs.

“Some of them sent their CVs through e-mail and others sent emissaries to Abuja to submit their credentials ahead of compilation for the Senate’s consideration from next week.

“The President was sure of the pedigree of his cabinet members before asking them to bring their CVs.”

It was gathered that a former Head of State wanted a particular candidate but his request was politely turned down by the President on account of age.

Buhari asked the ex-leader to bring in a “younger person”.

Five factors determined the appointment of ministers by the President.

These are: strict adherence to principle of non-interference in choosing his cabinet, integrity or pedigree; selfless service; old acquaintances and less exposure to political influence.

A highly-placed source in the Presidency said: “Buhari was his own man in choosing his cabinet, although he took certain factors into consideration. Those who came to advise him assisted in providing direction or guiding his mind. At a point, the APC leadership could not give exact situation of things.

“He has done away with appointments based on favouritism, godafthers and egoism.

“Apart from merit, Buhari gave ministerial slots to those who have the ability, those who can deliver and those he has trusted over the years, including those who worked with him in the former Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) and those in the trenches with him in the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). He has rewarded selflessness, perseverance and loyalty.”

There was anxiety yesterday in 14 states whose ministerial nominees have not been announced.

‘’There had been enquiries from the states. Political leaders from the states are mounting pressure on top officials of the Presidency to know their stand,’’ a source said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/revealed-how-buhari-chose-his-nominees/

The President is going through the right direction in selecting his cabinets, he should not be decieved by any political godfatherism because it has drained this Country's natural resources to a personal resources.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
I greet y'all in the name of music

Thought I drop this my song for y'all to listen

yes Nigeria gain their independence!!!

But check your heart are we truly free..

I didn't go out today cus I didn't feel like
Reasoning all the things happening in this country..
Bombing.. killing
Stealing.
Corruption...

[size=18pt]TRUTH IS WE ARE NOT FREE FROM OURSELF[/size]

Had to express it true music Bro

https://www.nairaland.com/2638177/nairalander-song-bombin-fighting-killings#38585207
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by DONSMITH123(m): 7:35am On Oct 02, 2015
Etruth:
The bolded will head the Ministry of Wailing. He's skilled in that sector. Watch out for his name in #thelist pt2

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by jhydebaba(m): 7:35am On Oct 02, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

ok. 40/60 grin grin grin grin grin

jhydebaba FOR MINISTER grin grin grin grin
ur head is there... Say it loud cheesy
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by emmanuel596(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2015
Since the inception of this list we have seen and read over 100 lies on nl about it they keep on making fp I just wonder sha angry sad
Even if it was drafted in heaven the announcement nd appointment should just be made public
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by dekdek: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Ameachi, Fashola on that list alone....wailers from Rivers and Lagos will not like that news. grin

Ffuck those shameless eediots. They are inconsequential fools that aren't important in current scheme of things.
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Bondesniger(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2015
That was a good strategy
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by brosegun: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2015
Integrity my foot,nonsense,if this were true,then Ameachi shouldnt be in that list.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Koolmexxi(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Abegiii, una don dey talk too much again. I don't understand why and how APC likes to make a big deal over any action of PMB. I thought dey were screened by the DSS and now dey didn't know they were nominated Make una jus start work already jor make we hear word.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by lalasticlala(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

Make i hear say lalasticlala name dey that list, na me go rush go toast am. grin

Lol. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Jedeye2:
Always have something to say!! Pls let's forget about all this and think about how to make our light stay 24seven
the earlier we focus on hw this list affect development and tackle the present problem of the country than who is on or not on the list the better. I like ur opinion nigerians ar more focused on the names than the dividend it will bring.After the list what next
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Akinz0126(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2015
Sai Baba
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by chesterlee(m): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell...

Since the inception of this government we all knew these same names would pop up as ministers.

The question is Why did it take him so long to release it?

4 Likes

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by neocortex: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2015
free2ryhme:

The President is going through the right direction in selecting his cabinets, he should not be decieved by any political godfatherism because it has drained this Country's natural resources to a personal resources.

So you believe this concoction from the Nation.
All the nominees came from political power brokers
of their states, that is why you don't have technocrats
among them.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by shortgun(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2015
So he nominated and sent the names of his noise makers list to the Senate without seeing their CVs?
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Ignyte(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2015
zinachidi:

Where Buhari is Reddington

I have been looking for people wey dey follow me watch am. thank God I have seen you...
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by eazysmiles: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Chai!!! So the barcanista guy send hin CV?

I dey sure say buhari no know the guy padegree grin
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by free2ryhme: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2015
neocortex:

So you believe this concoction from the Nation.
All the nominees came from political power brokers
of their states, that is why you don't have technocrats
among them.

anoda wailing wailer grin
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by sonssyo(f): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2015
The corruption test by efcc,sss et all was a scam after all, cos doz past governors cannot pass dat test. who is fooling who cool Nigeria's are watching.
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2015
Whoever reads newspapers alone is less educated than illiterates. Some people are believing these daily junk from our print media.
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by batista181(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2015
My dear Try to read and transfer, it is a true life story. A lady dreamt that Jesus gave her water to drink and when she got up in the morning, she was healed. She saw a written note beside her saying Jesus is the living and true God. She told everybody what happened to her. A police officer heard about it and sent it to 13 persons by sms. After 13days, he was promoted at work. Another man received this message and deleted and he had great loss for 13days. Please try to send this message to 13 or more people and something will happen. Sorry for disturbing you, I am the Lord, I really have time for u, I love u and will always bless u. Give me 30mins of ur time, dont pray but just glorify Me. Pls send this message through the whole world before midnight. Dont cut this message and I will help with something u need. A blessing is on ur way.Don't ignore this message You are being put to test and He is preparing 2 great things for u in ur life. If u trust in God, send this message and tomorrow will be a nice day for you. Don't cut the chain, send it to 13 friends in 10minutes.$
Re: Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation by farihafaheemah(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2015
It is very unfortunate we read all sort of fake news online, for the government of Rivers state; it show all ur claims abt Ameachi are just propaganda, PMB must have carried out thorough investigation before enlisting Ameachi. For those who were enemies of progress in Lagos; with all ur campaign of hatred on Fashola, a governor who brought new dimension and meaningful governance in Lagos state for others to emulate you're nothing but loser. Go back to ur paymaster and restrategise. Ameachi and Fashola ur anticident speaks for u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explain Why CTC Of Judgment Is On Tinubu’s Counsel Letterhead - Atiku's Aide To / Troops Kill Scores Of ISWAP Terrorists In Borno, Recover 6 Gun Trucks / "Buhari In 2019 Or We Set The Zoo Ablaze!!!" - Dauda Umar Potiskum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.