Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:40 PM

Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari (1061 Views)

Amaechi Is Visibly Worried In Picture With Obasanjo...what Could It Be About? / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Buhari And Obasanjo Meet With Gordon Brown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by teeebugs: 8:41am On Oct 02, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed the impression of some world leaders about President Muhammadu Buhari.

The ex -President, who spoke with reporters at his Abeokuta home yesterday, added that despite Nigeria’s “mistakes and missteps,” it is not doing badly at 55 as a nation.

Obasanjo added that 55 years in the life of a nation was still relatively young and notwithstanding this, the country had managed to be dynamic and progressive.

He said: “I heard some of the comments of those he (Buhari) met; the comment that probably will not come back to him. He met Clinton for almost one hour and President Clinton, when I joined him for his global initiative talked to me about the impression of our President, it was favourable.

“Gordon Brown and I met him and we talked about issues. The few other leaders who met him gave me their impression and his debut so to say, it has been good. I think we are at the table, what they use to say that Nigeria is not at the table, now we are present at the table.”

He said Nigerians should be willing to learn from past mistakes while core national values should also not be eroded to enable the real growth and progress become manifest.

He noted that Nigeria was now well positioned with the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari for both recognition and active participation in global politics in a manner that would likely elicit positive attention from the international community.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/10/obasanjo-what-gordon-brown-clinton-others-told-me-about-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by Cope1(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Obj always on d winning side since 1999. Well in politics there is no permanent friend or enemy,u only have permanent interest.
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by PresidentT(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2015
That is quite impressive.
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by WHOcarex: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2015
I dey laugh
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by omolami: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2015
Yet Buhari addressed empty seats at UN Gen Assembly
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by Masculity(m): 9:24am On Oct 02, 2015
My Igbo bloders may not like dis.
God Bless my president. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2015
WELL, OBJ, YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE SMART. BOTH CLINTON AND BROWN ARE SOCIAL DEMOCRATS, SAME AS OUR PRESIDENT. THEY ALL BELONG TO THE SAME PARTY, AND SO WILL BACK EACH OTHER UP WITHOUT PROPER ANALYSIS. AND ALSO, OBJ, YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW THESE, BUT YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, FOR YOU BITTEN MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW. LIKE NAPOLEON, YOUR VOICE HAS GOTTEN LOUDER, WHILE YOUR INFLUENCE HAS GOTTEN SMALLER. VERY SOON YOU WILL BE FORCIBLY RETIRED IN YOUR OWN ELBA.
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2015
Shey PDP igbo people where killing themselves for have taken their 2019 Presidential ticket to the North. They have sense but don't know how to use it
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by tolexy007(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2015
angry
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by nnamdibig(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2015
Look at how a former president is discussing with former presidents of other nations, such can not be said of the immediate past president of Nigeria because during his time, he was busy gallivanting & partying with oil bonkers(Deziani & the rest)
Re: Obasanjo: What Gordon Brown, Clinton, Others Told Me About Buhari by nnamdibig(m): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2015
Stelvin101:
Shey PDP igbo people where killing themselves for have taken their 2019 Presidential ticket to the North. They have sense but don't know how to use it

Is it not better to be on your own than to have a Vice President that was referred to "a mere commissioner " by a senator?

Or a Vice President that kaduna state governor insults for fun?
Common sense not too common after all.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Pastor To Death In Calabar For Trying To Rape Her During Deliverance / Pro-biafrans Call For Immediate Release Of Leader Nnamdi Kanu - Ibtimes UK / List Of Most Indebted Countries In The World.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.