Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,109 members, 7,970,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:30 AM

Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (31182 Views)

“Laide Bakare – My Xperience” Reality Show By Laide Bakare / "koko Mansion" What A Show! / Nu Metro Cinema, FCT, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by kaysmith(f): 11:51am On May 13, 2009
Men see gist, everyone just dey run their mouth via the keyboard dey type anything, King Sunnyy Ade had said it 'LET THEM SAY', infact if they dont say things wouldnt be better nor good.

for real, what ever the COPY-CAT concept of it, its a nice move in the entertainment industry, if flavour of Love can be achieved over there in NY (where gay marriage is allowed) then we will produce a more better version which will show our true cultures and way of life and also shed more light on what our women stands for , and not what y'all think the show is or will be.

Am very sure MANY pple will be disappointed when they dont get to see the nonsense part of the show, but lets wait, the show is around the corner, and then we can do what we always do here on Nairaland.

What happens in Vegas, oops Koko mansion stays on Nairaland.

Peace fellow landers,
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 1:31pm On May 13, 2009
na you get your mouth. so, dey talk anyhow. why not apply to be one of the prospective
housemates in the so-called 'koko mansion'?
i'm sure you will be happy to be selected as his 'lucky' bedmate for one year all for some filty lucre smiley
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by kaysmith(f): 3:55pm On May 13, 2009
hey George

Thanks for the belated advice, done that already but aint going into the house to be nobody's bedmate.

just for your info.

U need OMO or ARIEL to wash ur mind
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2009
ah, yeah. you may need more than jik or vim to wash yours, sorry.
what d'you take these guys for? dullards? you really expect them
to go over the air and announce "ladies, we are looking for a very
nice lady who can please d-banj in bed for 1 yr" right? get real
sister! read btw the lines!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by LadyT(f): 6:34pm On May 13, 2009
Why are Nigerians so stupid?

All other nations can have reality shows without everyone thinking stupid things.

Does he really need to waste money to find a bedmate?

Sports car, diamond ring and 5million naira?

A meal at MisterBiggs will do most girls!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 7:09pm On May 13, 2009
That's because you don't understand the mindset of these so-called
'celebrities'. Ordinarily, it shouldn't be necessary to use a 'reality show'
to pick a bedmate, but the thrill is in the 'sampling' of potential willing
gullible ladies who are there for the asking. Plus, what's more exciting
a lady paying a celebrity just to sample her? That's what you are doing
when you pay 5k to apply.

As for other nations doing it, yes you're right about that. Afterall, we all
know what happened to Ofuneka in BB2A.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by LadyT(f): 11:08pm On May 13, 2009
George_D:

That's because you don't understand the mindset of these so-called
'celebrities'. Ordinarily, it shouldn't be necessary to use a 'reality show'
to pick a bedmate, but the thrill is in the 'sampling' of potential willing
gullible ladies who are there for the asking. Plus, what's more exciting
a lady paying a celebrity just to sample her? That's what you are doing
when you pay 5k to apply.

As for other nations doing it, yes you're right about that. Afterall, we all
know what happened to Ofuneka in BB2A.

Just goes to show how stupid Africans can be.

I believe its a way to gather Hype and get everyone talking about Dbanj.

You all diss him but is it not 2face with 5757493587349 kids and 7589325784 babymothers.

Dbanj is smart give the guy a break.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by savanaha: 12:51am On May 14, 2009
LadyT:

Just goes to show how stupid Africans can be.

I believe its a way to gather Hype and get everyone talking about Dbanj.

You all diss him but is it not 2face with[b] 5757493587349 kids and 7589325784 babymothers.[/b]

Dbanj is smart give the guy a break.

Hahahaha, I remember a Jamaican artist (Mr. Lex) that made a song about 10 babies with 10 women. So maybe that whats up with 2face.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 12:47pm On May 14, 2009
Yes, he is smart alright. that's why he wants ladies to pay him 5k to enjoy them grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by Luvpolis(m): 1:59pm On May 14, 2009
D banj is rely a wise man. He wil rely enjoy d useles kokolate 4 1 4ul yr.
Cary go kokomasta.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by kaysmith(f): 2:11pm On May 14, 2009
Geroge D !!!!, so it means if it was your own reality show, you are in for sleeping with the Geoge-lets.?
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by luckiest: 7:22am On May 16, 2009
George_D:

Yes, he is smart alright. that's why he wants ladies to pay him 5k to enjoy them grin

as big as you are you kai you surprise me; since D came to limelight I don't remember any scandal link with him, correct me if am wrong apart from all those things he says while singing; even the word koko was actually suppose to mean "the main word" but like every othe innovative people he realised he could use it to his favour and it worked, as an artist you must rebrand regularly in order to remain relevant; there is nothing wrong if the guy sleeps with the girl provided she wasn't not raped; if the lady want it and the guy also want it, then why should we stop them, sex is suppose to be mutual, while rape is the other way round
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by PCwhizzie: 11:37pm On May 18, 2009
Oga Dapo Aka Skibanj is on the loose again oooooo, His long thing is now becoming a strong thing ready to devour anything with a hole thing, But anyway i will watch him do his thing and hopefully it will result to a his long thing catching a virus thing,Fire On!!!, I went to one of the banks where the audition tickets were being sold and you need to see the kokolets that were paying 5k las if they were buying pure water,OMO THIS SHOWBIZ NA STRONG THING OOOOO, The Girl who wins the show is in for some daily all night Vigil with Moaning and Grunting!!!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by affrican: 11:44pm On May 18, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2181375&id=714816236

PLEASE MY DEAREST, CLICK ON THIS LINK AND VOTE FOR ME BY JUST COMMENTING ON THE PICTURE ON THE LINK.

I HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR MISS FACE BOOK AND FACE OF FACE BOOK,
PLEASE YOUR COMMENT MEANS ALOT TO ME
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME AND IT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB: WHEN YOU ARE ON THE PAGE, PLEASE CLICK FIRST ON THE "FACEBOOK NIGERIA AWARD 09" RIGHT HAND SIDE DOWN CLOSE TO THE PICTURE, AFTER DAT CONFIRM ATTENDANCE IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE EVENT OR NOT,
AFTER THAT RETURN TO THE PICTURE TO MAKE COMMENTS.
THANKS

LOVE
EKENE
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by HC: 11:21am On May 20, 2009
To me , its all koko shit. Nothin but 'copy-catting'.

WHy cant someone tell this cat to stick to the garbage music he does, hes demoralised women enough.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by luckiest: 12:25pm On May 20, 2009
HC:

To me , its all koko shit. Nothin but 'copy-catting'.

WHy cant someone tell this cat to stick to the garbage music he does, hes demoralised women enough.

HC or whatever you call urself if you truly don't know what to talk about bounce; copycat? common that is the name of the business, copy a little from here and there spice it up with a little creativity then sell it. point one show that is all by itself from scratch with inputs from various places; football, baseball, basketball, big brother, everything was copied from somewhere, even the hip hop beat we play till date must be from someone. You came to this world without a shirt am sure you must have copied someone; we have our traditional wears, but check ur wardrope you have more tommy's, ralph etc; if you were born in the 80s you can tell me you created the type of cloth you wear today becos you copied from the America and european fashion people. - the idea nairaland came from somewhere, it could have been seunland, but it is allowed just spice it up a bit and that i think dbanj is doing, or are you afraid of saying the truth so that you will be following the trend of those of them who think otherwise or are you afraid of been blasted those we think with something else; the guy is doing a good job and I will be the last to condenm his effort. Where is the likes of Majek, Blacky, Ras Kimono etc, maybe if they have been creative maybe it would have been different for them today.

Haters get creative or get a job
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2009
luckiest:

as big as you are you kai you surprise me; since D came to limelight I don't remember any scandal link with him, correct me if am wrong apart from all those things he says while singing; even the word koko was actually suppose to mean "the main word" but like every othe innovative people he realised he could use it to his favour and it worked, as an artist you must rebrand regularly in order to remain relevant; there is nothing wrong if the guy sleeps with the girl provided she wasn't not raped; if the lady want it and the guy also want it, then why should we stop them, sex is suppose to be mutual, while rape is the other way round

This article from the GUARDIAN of today says it all:

Dbanj's Kokomansion and Nigerian womanhood
By Ier Jonathan

THE first time I read about HiTV and DBanj's proposed 'Kokomansion' show, I was extremely saddened at the levels to which we are willing to sink in our mad rush for fame, popularity/notoriety and cash! I do not wear the 'feminist' label - indeed, I wear no labels but believe that we should do unto others as we would have them do unto us. A look at the website had me in shock. I was rudely reminded that the expectations men have of women in our society are completely unrealistic and in some cases are reminiscent of what one would expect of a well-behaved pet at home.

Here are some of the things the Kokomaster is looking for in his 'kokolette': She must be able to 'cook sumptuous meals for Dbanj, his friends and family' (sounds like he should simply hire an army of chefs!)_ She must be 'very industrious, yet take care of the home front' (Betty Crocker move over - here comes Ms. 'Kokolette' Superwoman - how many men are very industrious, yet take care of the home front? - many hardly see the kids let alone the home front - puhleeese brother!)_

She must be able to furnish and maintain the 'upkeep of the mansion' (na cleaning service you want abi na 'soulmate'). She must be respectful and courteous at all times (when you meet this paragon of virtue, please introduce us to her - we need to learn this one!). She must be able to emulate 'notable women' in society (like who? Michelle Obama? Queen Amina? Hajia Yar'Adua? Oprah? The late Mrs.Funmilayo Kuti?). She is well cultured with 'sound domestic training' (I wish I could find me a pet with sound domestic training too)! She must have and maintain good moral values (like Dbanj huh?) She is an excellent 'host' (Hammer!) The list goes on.

The 'Kokolette' must be at least 18 years old to apply. Let me ask Dbanj, his producers, the sponsors of this show etc - 'Would you want your (at least) 18-year old daughter, sister, niece or whatever hanging around Dbanj for eight weeks trying to be this 'superwoman cook, cleaner, pet etc?' She stands to win a diamond ring, convertible car and_N5m cash reward, hmmm, in our mentally and pocket-impoverished society, maybe BUT all aspiring Kokolettes remember, diamond rings can get stolen/lost, convertible cars can crash and you can run through N5m faster than you think you can (just ask any lottery winner around) - you're better off focusing on school, your career etc - believe me, if you're good, you'll make far more than that consistently!

The objectives of the show are listed as 'projecting the attributes of a good woman, wife and mother' and helping a single man 'determine what he should be looking for in a woman he intends to marry'! Goodness! And to correct the 'perception of a kokolette being just a party girl to being a truly responsible woman, capable of holding her own both at home and in public' - WOW! This is also an interesting example of how Nigerian society puts women on an impossible pedestal saying how they should be great cooks, great mothers, industrious etc etc, etc while being these amazing hot chicks as well.

The churches, our mothers, aunties, etc. (who have been brainwashed by this nonsense) etc. do not help either with their constant haranguing of women to be 'the ones who make the home' and still bring home the bacon too. We forget that God made the woman to be a helper to man and not for her to be man's superwoman - so what do the men get to do apart from work and make money? Don't they make homes too? I have always admired D'banj and Mr. Toyin Subair's team for the strides they have made in their chosen careers but to see them denigrate womanhood to this level is disheartening - granted, they probably are really doing this in a bid to help 'men know what to look for in a wife', hmm. When are they going to do a show to help 'women know what to look for in a husband' and list all these amazing qualities huh? I, as a woman trying her best to just be a decent human being, plan to boycott the services or goods offered by any company that sponsors this show.

Ms Jonathan lives in Lagos
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by HC: 4:16pm On May 20, 2009
Its all crap! Scandal or no scandal.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2009
Crap no doubt. I wonder what they're trying to achieve.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by mykali(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2009
D'banj . . . . grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2009
He's banging all right. Living up to his name grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by mykali(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2009
yeah right . . . tongue
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by HC: 10:10pm On May 20, 2009
Yeah Yeah!!!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by luckiest: 12:20am On May 21, 2009
great ideas started the same way, you can say whatever you like about him, but one thing I can assure you the show is surely going to rock; in the past people discourage their children not to play football but today it is different; just becos one mumu says its not going to work doesn't mean it won't; get a time machine and go back in time to ask some of the great scientist they will tell you the same thing; people don't change just becos they lack ideas they don't want any other person to make it. am sure if you knew dbanj before he started music some of you will advice him not to venture into music, today he is one of the richest african musician. God knows am not a fan of Dbanj but I am proud of his effort.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by HC: 6:34am On May 21, 2009
Funny, you call that effort. What has done with money to better lives? Any humanitarian cause? Youth empowerment? Or even talen-hunt?
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2009
Good point. What has he done with his so-called millions other than enticing gulible young
girls to his 'koko mansion'?
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by luckiest: 11:54am On May 24, 2009
George_D:

Good point. What has he done with his so-called millions other than enticing gulible young
girls to his 'koko mansion'?

HC:

Funny, you call that effort. What has done with money to better lives? Any humanitarian cause? Youth empowerment? Or even talen-hunt?

correct me if am wrong sometimes in the past the person in question gave some gift items to the less priviledge, in my opinion I don't think he should come on air to annouce that he plans to give something to them as you may like to see him do, or do you think that guy is blessed and there must be something he is doing that pleases God to continue to bless him. Go to Kano street in Lagos you will see that some very rich people quietly visit the place to give support to the less priviledge, or do you think they should all come with TV just to show haba grow up.

If you call the girls gullible no problem one day one of these girl will make 5 million and set up good business for herself and family; i rather be so gullible and make 5 million than be too proud and make nothing
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by MrCrackles(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2009
Dbanj is an idiot and the chicks falling over themselves to appear on the rubbish show, are low life morons!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dbanj is an idiot and the chicks falling over themselves to appear on the rubbish show, are low life morons!

Mr,  Cracker Biscuit grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by captured(f): 3:42pm On May 24, 2009
Koko Mansion is simply a local version of playboy mansion which can be an axcuse for the crude and insulting offer of been Dbanj's showgirl for a year. That will also explain the kind of girls to expect at the mansion.

I sincerely see the confusion over how decent it is was because the intending prostitutes were compared to people of integrity and good repute.

I just wonder what happens when Dbanj wants to get steady and does not settle for the kokolette, would they for menage a trois
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by tosinaded(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2009
nigerians and critism and quick judgement, may God deliver us
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2009
luckiest:

If you call the girls gullible no problem one day one of these girl will make 5 million and set up good business for herself and family; i rather be so gullible and make 5 million than be too proud and make nothing

What d'you call that kind of money? Maybe we should just legalise prostitution so we know that
anything is acceptable so long as money is made at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Yousef Evicted From The Big Brother House / Pete Edochie To Feature In 'The Pledge', A Prince UC Ingawa Movie (Photos) / BBNaija: Daniella Sheds Tears Of Regret For Getting Intimate With Dotun (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.