Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,908 members, 7,942,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari (1008 Views)

"Buhari Can't Stop Me BSc-ED" Picture Trending On Social Media. Gotten This Bad? / Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari / I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by salterswan: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has affirmed he cannot be stopped from becoming the Minister of Petroleum Resources, tagging his critics mere “briefcase-carrying crooks” seeking to stampede him with various constitutional technicalities.

The President also went on and insisted he possesses the requisite expertise and qualifications to steer the nation’s oil and gas sector to glory.

He spoke through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu during an interview with Punch Newspaper and maintained that no part of the law had been contravened by his decision boasting that he alone is able to clean the rot in the sector.

“The President has a lot of experience to bring to the oil industry. Besides the military, the oil industry is another area where he is knowledgeable.

“Mr. President also has tremendous integrity which he is bringing to the sector which is the most rotten in the nation’s economy.

“The criticisms are coming from deal makers and briefcase-carrying cooks because they know that Buhari is not a deal maker.

“The deal makers are not ready to go down without shouting because they know that their days are over.”

Buhari almost 73, informed journalist at the sidelines of the 70th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, UNGA, in New York of his decision to play the role of the Minister of Petroleum, one of the most powerful and controversial posts in the presidential cabinet.

Reacting to the “briefcase-carrying crooks”, Buhari insisted that no part of the constitution prohibits him from holding another executive office, stating that all the powers of the executive arm of government reside in the President.

“The President personifies the Executive. The power of the Executive arm resides in...http://www.post-nigeria.com/constitution-cannot-stop-me-from-becoming-petroleum-minister-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by adedayourt(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
tell them incase dey dont kno grin

1 Like

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by Ini22(f): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by orontogorah(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
is it d constitution dat u hav little or no regard for? but contitution permit u to channel all d vital offices to d north i guess..... barrister buhari.. u too sabi law... u for no cari any minister sef.

3 Likes

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by egift(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
Bloggers spinning headlines with mad tendencies. A simple press release will soon be transformed to something else. Bloggers fear God.

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by FruityLass: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
There is 'Diplomatic immunity'.

Yea to go by.
Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by themonk(m): 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dictator

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by Okanokan(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Let him go for for screening and he should take along with him his asset declaration form and all other document that could be of help to the Nigerian Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
A lot of experience in Oil and gas?

Like stabilising the price of oil?

1 Like

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by modath(f): 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
egift:
Bloggers spinning headlines with mad tendencies. A simple press release will soon be transformed to something else. Bloggers fear God.

I don't blame the bloggers, it is our people who don't know the constitution that I blame.

Bloggers know there is army of ill informed bitter citizens who will definitely keep visiting their blogs so they will keep churning out these kind of rubbish to line thir pockets...

No demand, no supply...

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by mapet: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
modath:

egift: :
Bloggers spinning headlines with mad tendencies. A simple press release will soon be transformed to something else. Bloggers fear God

I don't blame the bloggers, it is our people who don't know the constitution that I blame.

Bloggers know there is army of ill informed bitter citizens who will definitely keep visiting their blogs so they will keep churning out these kind of rubbish to line thir pockets...

No demand, no supply...

....and what about a lot of empty brains on NL that cannot decipher between the statements made and the useless headlines used for it? Where in the report did PMB say "the constitution cannot stop me from being a Petroleum Minister..."?

1 Like

Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by egift(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
mapet:
....and what about a lot of empty brains on NL that cannot decipher between the statements made and the useless headlines used for it? Where in the report did PMB say "the constitution cannot stop me from being a Petroleum Minister..."?

Before you know it the simple statement will be converted to a threat by the bloggers just to get traffic. Some may not even read the article and off they go spreading lies of how Buhari is a dictator and tyrant.
Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by modath(f): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
mapet:

....and what about a lot of empty brains on NL that cannot decipher between the statements made and the useless headlines used for it? :Where in the report did PMB say "the constitution cannot stop me from being a Petroleum Minister..."?

#word #on point...

Sensationalist headlines is an integral part of journalism but unfortunately our bloggers are not RESPONBLE enough to be sensitive to the pulse of the nation..

As some folks will say "Na bizness".. sad
Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by omowolewa: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
bloggers
Re: Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
krendo:
A lot of experience in Oil and gas?

Like stabilising the price of oil?

Experience

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths Vow To Resist Alamieyesegha’s Extradition To UK / Bayo Shittu (barr), A Ministerial Nominee Antagonised Upon / Biafra; An Ojukwu Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.