Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,130 members, 7,977,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 12:43 AM

Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria (1031 Views)

Couple Found Dead In A Car In Germany During Sex After They Turned Engine On / The Goat That Made Me Open Many Alt. Acct Just To Win Back Her Friendship Is / Lagos Man Pretends To Be Dead In An Accident Only To Rise And Propose To His GF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by dantewest: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
Is friendship really dead in Nigeria? That is a question many Nigerians often ponder afeter we go through disappointments and heartbreaks. This takes me back to when we were little kids, mum was our best friend because of our selfish natural need for her delicious breast milk. As we grew older and developed teeth, we found out we could connect with other people based on mutual and also selfish interest.

With the state of the Nigerian economy, having any sorts of friendship is at your own peril. What many of have is mostly ‘Friends with benefits’. I’m guilty of this. Anyone who deserves to be my friend has to bring something to the table apart from useless Kim Kardashian , Telemundo , Nairabet , Relationship problems, Football gist or Tonto Dike gossips

For starters, you must speak very good English, I can never ever introduce anyone who cannot speak very good English to my parents as my friend. Secondly, you must be a graduate of any course. As the Nigerian proverb says, Iron sharpens Iron, as a graduate myself, I can’t call a non graduate my friend unless he is into a thriving business.

These days, parents often warn their kids to mingle with people in a higher economic class so as to have a good chance of getting the good stuffs of life. This is perfectly normal. When I have kids, I will also give them the same lecture.

There are loads of stories going on around us here in Nigeria , for example, a friend stealing a valuable item like a car, a friend who gossips at your back, a friend who wants to steal your job or your girlfriend/boyfriend…yes, all these happens in Nigeria.

I’ll never blame bad friendships on the state of the economy. I will always blame bad friends on the individual, some people are simply programmed to be wicked right from birth.

Beware of the people you let into your close circle of life. They can make or break you.

Before you embark on any friendship quest, start by loving yourself first. In that way, you can listen to your intuition (Innerself) more and avoid futuristic heartbreak and disappointments.

Practice selflove.

https://dantewest./2015/10/04/friendship-is-dead-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
Let me to be your friend na..
As me is first to comment

Abi it did not among your criteria for friendship? grin

1 Like

Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by younghartz(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
I still have loyal frnds
There are just two in numbers grin
Cisse and Mohammad

Igbo boy in da mist of fulanis grin

its better to have few you can rely and trust in....rather than have millions you cnt even trust

1 Like

Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by chocolateme(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Our presido is friendly
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by coolhumble(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Been dead for a long time, i am a.living withness to that, no more friends rather we have frienemies. grin

1 Like

Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Brb

I am consulting with Amadioha
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by dantewest: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
favoured234:
Let me to be your friend na.. As me is first to comment
Abi it did not among your criteria for friendship? grin
#Smiles You just made me laugh here cheesy
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by dantewest: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
coolhumble:
Been dead for a long time, i am a.living withness to that, no more friends rather we have frienemies. grin

I swear... I prefer to use Friends with benefits though.
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by dantewest: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:
Our presido is friendly
Hihihihihi.... Laughing in Fulbe
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by dantewest: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
younghartz:
I still have loyal frnds
There are just two in numbers grin
Cisse and Mohammad

Igbo boy in da mist of fulanis grin

its better to have few you can rely and trust in....rather than have millions you cnt even trust

lol. good for you smiley
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
girls are the worst
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by gab264(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
dantewest:
Is friendship really dead in Nigeria? That is a question many Nigerians often ponder afeter we go through disappointments and heartbreaks. This takes me back to when we were little kids, mum was our best friend because of our selfish natural need for her delicious breast milk. As we grew older and developed teeth, we found out we could connect with other people based on mutual and also selfish interest.

With the state of the Nigerian economy, having any sorts of friendship is at your own peril. What many of have is mostly ‘Friends with benefits’. I’m guilty of this. Anyone who deserves to be my friend has to bring something to the table apart from useless Kim Kardashian , Telemundo , Nairabet , Relationship problems, Football gist or Tonto Dike gossips

For starters, you must speak very good English, I can never ever introduce anyone who cannot speak very good English to my parents as my friend. Secondly, you must be a graduate of any course. As the Nigerian proverb says, Iron sharpens Iron, as a graduate myself, I can’t call a non graduate my friend unless he is into a thriving business.

These days, parents often warn their kids to mingle with people in a higher economic class so as to have a good chance of getting the good stuffs of life. This is perfectly normal. When I have kids, I will also give them the same lecture.

There are loads of stories going on around us here in Nigeria , for example, a friend stealing a valuable item like a car, a friend who gossips at your back, a friend who wants to steal your job or your girlfriend/boyfriend…yes, all these happens in Nigeria.

I’ll never blame bad friendships on the state of the economy. I will always blame bad friends on the individual, some people are simply programmed to be wicked right from birth.

Beware of the people you let into your close circle of life. They can make or break you.

Before you embark on any friendship quest, start by loving yourself first. In that way, you can listen to your intuition (Innerself) more and avoid futuristic heartbreak and disappointments.

Practice selflove.

https://dantewest./2015/10/04/friendship-is-dead-in-nigeria/
Really dead and buried since they took over space.
Don't ask who are they cool

#Humans love me#
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
these friends aint loyal embarassed

he just gat rich,

now he took my bish sad

I'm riding solo men undecided
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by coolhumble(m): 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
dantewest:

I swear... I prefer to use Friends with benefits though.

Friends with benefit is the best so we know what we are doing
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
ok
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by lgboks(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
Here's the trick @op
No human is perfect....so it's simple
Even Jesus in the bible had 12 deciples to lean on
So....
Know the people you let get close(their strength and weaknesses)
Know when to confide in mr A or in mr B.
Know when to be close to mr A or mr B
It's as simple as that.
But from experience when you in need the people who would help would so surprise you

1 Like

Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by dantewest: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
coolhumble:

Friends with benefit is the best so we know what we are doing
Yes o!
Even the friends with benefit know they are for benefits sef.
No time to use body language to explain their role.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by yorubaboiy: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
lol.....overtime i noticed i have much frnds bkos am nt stingy and i find it real easy to kip them bkos i dont expect everything i do for them to be reciprocal.
bt one thing i know for sure is dat dey will have their price to pay....omo buruku na ni ojo tie
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by datyrone(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
nowadays friendship is all about value...and being useful to your pals.if not we are just acquaintances... undecided
Re: Friendship Is Dead In Nigeria by coolhumble(m): 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
dantewest:

Yes o!

Even the friends with benefit know they are for benefits sef.

No time to use body language to explain their role.

cheesy

Yes oh, you seem to be familiar with this friends with benefit of a thing grin I am in.one right now and i tell you nothing like it, no room for.body language, no story no stress and we are both cool grin cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girls N Car Freak / When She Tells U She Only Dates Men Who Are Into Oil And Gas Business / I Don't Understand ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.