Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,898 members, 7,922,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:11 PM

What Does Money Mean To You? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Does Money Mean To You? (7763 Views)

When The Coffin Seller Says 'There Is No Market', What Does He Probably Mean? / Where Does Money Made Online Come From? / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by AmAlone: 9:26pm On May 03, 2009
fayahsoul:

Money = Debt.

Debt = the absence of sovereignty and the capacity to be self-determined.

Yes your bible says 'money answeret all things' but it also says 'it's the root of all evil' and that it's easier 4 a camel to go thru the eye of a needle than 4 a rich man to make it to heaven.

So 'if money answeret all things' and at the same time 'is the root of all evil' then it follows deductively that any given economic system were money answeret all things must also be an inherently evil system.

Question: what will happen to money if every individual, organization, corporation or nation-state pays of all their debt, both principal and interest?

answer: Money will disappear!

My logic is undeniable

NICE ONE BUDDY! wink
Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by BBAnne(f): 1:25pm On May 04, 2009
owo ni keke iyin rere! grin
Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by mntpaul(m): 6:28pm On May 04, 2009
Money is a higher social class.  Face it, the higher social class creates more advantaged opportunities for you and your offspring.

From a social point of view, a poor person will not have the advantage of an education.  A rich person has the advantage of an education and also building future opportunistic relationsips with other rich people.  Yet the poor person is genetically the same as the poor person.  At least as babies they start out the same.

There is no such thing as the theory, "Survival of the Fittest" .  It is really, "The Survival of the Opportunist"

Money cuts through all race barriers. Lets not kid ourselves.

Money is a resource of power.
Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by paulipopo(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2009
@naijacutee

You are very wrong to say money is just a piece of paper. It is a medium (immaterial) of exchange, a store of value and a measure of quality. Clearly money cannot be seen, however it can be represented with objects such as cash, bonds, bills of exchange and what have you.

Now to the topic money to me means a means of satisfying wants or solving problems. It is a universal measure of economic goods and services, a reflection of how much value is added to an economy and a determinant of commerce.
Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by AmAlone: 4:16am On May 08, 2009
If I have Money, I will Buy HAPPINESS!!!              Damn! Near Impossibility. . . .
Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by init4dmoni(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2009
a loooooooooooooooooooot!!
i cannot imagine being poor
Re: What Does Money Mean To You? by olelle: 9:24pm On May 12, 2009
can someone help me with this. What can 1000 naira buy in nigeria, particularly in onitsha anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BEDC Prepaid Meter Upgrade Key Change Token Services / Register Your Company In Kigali Rwanda & Get A Bank Account In 7-10 / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.