Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,035 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:57 PM

You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. (610 Views)

I Don't Need Your Money, I Want You To Spoil Me With Love- Lady Tells Boyfriend / I'm Getting Married In 2018, If You Are Ready To Marry In 2018, Come Inside Here / See Reasons You Don't Need A Curvy Girl With Big Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by awesome11(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Consciously or unconsciously, the quest to fulfil our perceived needs drives our lives and influences all our decisions. This is just as true with relationships as with anything else. As long as you perceive lack or incompleteness within yourself, every relationship you enter will be, to one degree or another, an effort to supply that lack or bring a sense of completeness. If you feel deficient, the entire relationship is built on that deficiency, because you will be looking to the other person to supply what you do not yet have.
You are ready to date only t the extent that you feel whole or complete within yourself, apart from any other person (except God). When you regard dating as a matter of choice rather than necessity, you are ready. It is a matter of your ability to be happy and content whether you are with someone else or not.
The time you are most prepared for dating is when you don't need anyone to complete you, fulfill you or instill in you, a sense of worth or purpose. You are ready to date when you have first learned how to be single.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by Dyt(f): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Awesome
Exactmando
I gree
Re: You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by braine(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
True. I discovered this recently after my last relationship. Meanwhile, I observed over my years of dating that one should not go into a relationship coz of loneliness (or what op described above); coz when the loneliness fades, one would tend to see the other unwanted and unbearable behaviours in the person ultimately leading to breakup.

But then again, by the time one gets to that stage where one is comfortable with oneself alone as op said, it can become hard to let someone in sometimes. Nice one from OP.
Re: You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by Mskrisx(f): 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nice write up
Re: You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by awesome11(m): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mskrisx:
Nice write up
Thanks madam. Hope u had a nyc day.
Re: You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by awesome11(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
braine:
True. I discovered this recently after my last relationship. Meanwhile, I observed over my years of dating that one should not go into a relationship coz of loneliness (or what op described above); coz when the loneliness fades, one would tend to see the other unwanted and unbearable behaviours in the person ultimately leading to breakup.

But then again, by the time one gets to that stage where one is comfortable with oneself alone as op said, it can become hard to let someone in sometimes. Nice one from OP.

Yea, when it becomes hard to let someone in, I think the right person eventually does show up often.

1 Like

Re: You Are Ready To Date When You Don't Need To. by khassy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
tell that to Genevive or Agbani Darego undecidedundecided

(1) (Reply)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Top 3 Most Handsome Romancelanders ( Undoubted) / 18 Dating Problems Only Women Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.