Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:21 PM

Are We All Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We All Nigerian (1443 Views)

Biafra?: Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew Members / Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We All Nigerian by experts: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2009
plz save us from our Government,

THIS IS IN HUMAN and some people keep commending them for trying to create roads.

this is an incedent that happened live i witnesses. infact i sustain injury while trying to escape.

task force, mOPOLE, and police man beat this igbo guy, they hit him with that police stick and when he was strugling they mopole guy hit him wit the back of the gun. he his full of blood, not for stealing, but for selling to make ends meat.

this guy fainted they took him along with them.

this guy is just selling minerals and meat pie. he did not steal.

why cant the goverment provide reasonable alternative option for people when they took thier means livelyhood,

provide what they can afford instead of giving them what they cant afford.

imagine a igbo boy selling mineral with box, that the government said he should come and aquire a shop worth 300k, how will sustain. how will he cope.

Its not fair,

No one knows may be this guy is dead now
Re: Are We All Nigerian by Omonla(f): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2009
experts:

plz save us from our Government,

THIS IS IN HUMAN and some people keep commending them for trying to create roads.

this is an incedent that happened live i witnesses. infact i sustain injury while trying to escape.

task force, mOPOLE, and police man beat this igbo guy, they hit him with that police stick and when he was strugling they mopole guy hit him wit the back of the gun. he his full of blood, not for stealing, but for selling to make ends meat.

this guy fainted they took him along with them.

this guy is just selling minerals and meat pie. he did not steal.

why cant the goverment provide reasonable alternative option for people when they took thier means livelyhood,

provide what they can afford instead of giving them what they cant afford.

imagine a igbo boy selling mineral with box, that the government said he should come and aquire a shop worth 300k, how will sustain. how will he cope.

Its not fair,

grin
Is this the best you can do to cause more tribal quarrels on Nairaland? That's too bad.
Do you think this post will contribute to removing corruption from Nigeria? How?

experts:

Seriously, do you really care? Did you ever have a conversation with this seller before he got beaten up? Did you notice that he existed before this incident? What was his name? How many children does he have?
Re: Are We All Nigerian by bilms(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2009
LISTEN GUY,

i am not an igbo guy,i am yoruba.

but irrespective of ur tribe, we are all nigerians, and we are all human.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by Horus(m): 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2009
Omonla:

Is this the best you can do to cause more tribal quarrels on Nairaland? That's too bad.

Huummm!!!,I dont think he started this topic to cause more tribal quarrels. He was just a witness to an injustice done by the police and with sincerity as a human he wanted to share this story with us.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by Omonla(f): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2009
Horus:

Huummm!!!,I dont think he started this topic to cause more tribal quarrels. He was just a witness to an injustice done by the police and with sincerity as a human he wanted to share this story with us.

He kept emphasizing the victim's tribe, a hint that OP may have been trying to garner support for more tribal sensationalism. The story can be understood without informing us about the victim's tribal affiliation. Victim could have been half Egyptian-half Nigerian. For all intents and purposes, it was irrelevant. We can still emphatize that a fellow Nigerian was being beaten up by corrupt police.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by kosovo(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2009
@experts.
how more pathetic could you possible be?
what a waste of bandwitdh.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by bilms(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2009
thats ur view and opinion anyway.

but to be honest, its just the way he could put. may be he posted this topic fewt hours to the incident and fresh in his memory. the pain he got from this incident and the malthreatement of this guy by three set of military group, police, mopole and the task force guide,

its very painful and i dont think he intend causing any tribal stuff,

besides he said he his not an igbo guy.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by udezue(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2009
No we are not all Nigerian. A good chunk of that entity are simply forced to carry on the identity.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by bilms(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2009
ur opinion anyway
Re: Are We All Nigerian by udezue(m): 12:25am On Apr 29, 2009
Its a fact. Remember Biafra?
Re: Are We All Nigerian by ikeyman00(m): 12:43am On Apr 29, 2009
yes biafra is dead long ago

so will benin-cotonuo
Re: Are We All Nigerian by udezue(m): 6:45am On Apr 29, 2009
and you are mad.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2009
bilms:

LISTEN GUY,

Is very clear from this guy's mode of writing that he is a Yoruba and a honest Nigerian trying to be fair, and never meant no harm, I wish we could have more of people like this, but one thing that baffles me is why everyone is trying to attack him, even some lunatic asked if he knew the victims name, like you have to know some one to feel for them.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:14am On Apr 29, 2009
Seriously, do you really care? Did you ever have a conversation with this seller before he got beaten up? Did you notice that he existed before this incident? What was his name? How many children does he have?

This is the part where one starts to question your sanity.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by ikeyman00(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2009
udezue
and you are mad

and u need to wake up cuz ojukuw has already done so
Re: Are We All Nigerian by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:17am On Apr 29, 2009
how more pathetic could you possible be?
what a waste of bandwitdh.

Could you be fair enough to accept you are a bully?
Re: Are We All Nigerian by texazzpete(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2009
udezue:

No we are not all Nigerian. A good chunk of that entity are simply forced to carry on the identity.
udezue:

Its a fact. Remember Biafra?

Why stubbornly cling to a faded dream that has no chance of being a reality?
Re: Are We All Nigerian by udezue(m): 8:06am On Apr 29, 2009
Ojukwu's time has come and passed. He did his own thing in his prime. His support or lack of support won't make a dent.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by udezue(m): 8:07am On Apr 29, 2009
Texas,
Why ask silly questions that won't generate the answer you want? None of your business. The last time I checked u aint from the East so your opinion is useless.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by OgidiBoy(m): 8:09am On Apr 29, 2009
udezue:

Ojukwu's time has come and passed. He did his own thing in his prime. His support or lack of support won't make a dent.

It's now your time to lead so we can follow you.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by udezue(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2009
Uwazuruike is leading and I am behind him. Ngwa get in line jare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E2BSPC8xP0
Re: Are We All Nigerian by SapeleGuy: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2009
As brutal as this is, the Mopol didn't treat the guy that way because he was ibo. Mopol are consistent and will unfortunately offer the same treatment to anybody who gets in their way. Yes, we are all Nigerians.

Uwazuruike is not the answer, all this militancy has left the igbo nation so far from its strategic objective and in the political wilderness. Honestly, ask yourself what has been achieved.
Compare the achievements of Massob with that of Mend etc in the south south.
They won't let you leave and they won't let you rule. A change of tactics  is required in igbo politics.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by Omonla(f): 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
Dear Experts/OP:

The main reason why I stressed the lack of necessity in mentioning the tribe of the victim was because it was obvious that there would be uneducated, unsophisticated and the usual old, familiar attention seeking attacks from whatever tribe that you may mention.  Some responses from the affected tribe members may actually be sensible, but majority would be ridiculous lack of reason and immature abuse, that, frankly would make a three-year old ashamed to be associated with the alleged adult that the words manifest from.

One thing I have noticed on Nairaland is that there are certain tribal affiliates or persons with certain tribes that do not respond to a thread mentioning a specific tribe except with non-rational insults, and predictable douche-baggery that can be quite repulsive and unintellectual. Such responses are not worthy of being noted.

It was just a word that, hopefully is sufficient for the wise, dear Experts, for your next thread. That is all.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by deb(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2009
imagine a igbo boy selling mineral with box

What is mineral? were you refering to softdrink or a mineral resource?
Re: Are We All Nigerian by bilms(m): 11:30am On May 01, 2009
undertood ur point.

thanks

cheers
Re: Are We All Nigerian by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 11:48am On May 01, 2009
Omonla,
you are not fair on the guy-hes not causing any tribal war.INJUSTICE IS INJUSTICE
and it pains no matter who its done to.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by IFELEKE(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2009
bilms:

LISTEN GUY,

My Best on This Thread.
@Poster,
We are all Nigerians and we all witness the brutality of the men in uniform(I am a yoruba and I have personally been harrassed by Mobile Policemen) If you want to sympathize then I suggest you see the victim as a nigerian to erase any tribal sentiment.
Re: Are We All Nigerian by Fhemmmy: 12:57pm On May 01, 2009
Very sad that this happened, wish the guy the best.
However, during the course of making a state better, we all cant enjoy the bliss of it, some people will suffer and some will even lose their live for it, but at the end of it all, will it better our nation/state? i am sure it will.

Notwithstanding, i think the low enforcement agents needs to act human and not like animals, there is no reason why they should beat someone like that, if the law says, do not sell on the street, and you find someone selling, i am sure there is nothing in the code of Nigeria law that says, "beat them into coma" so arrest the individual and let the law judge.

But while making the state/nation better, some will not like what will happen.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News To All Nairalander. / Problem With Phcn! / Fmbn Unveils List Of Debtors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.