Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,453 members, 7,901,293 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 07:46 AM

The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! (25225 Views)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by eldee(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2007
whose fault?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by londoner: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2007
The people who continually exalt themselves as above everyone else in what they preach, and how they manipulate people into being under them, also the people who are too blind to see what they are doing.

These pastors have to take their share of the blame, they perpetuate the untruth that they are somehow above the rest of the people in their church. Some of them indoctrinate people into a state of mind which they can then abuse for their own gain.

Even when they do what is obviously wrong, they close ranks with eachother. It sickens me that they do this in the name of God.

Are you a pastor?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by divanaija1: 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
Pastor Chris is a good preacher n all that but, i've got an issue wit the hair thing undecided .Plus, why r other pastors of the church following suit?? .Iam Nigerian I've all but gone nappy and am proud n loving it.Is he (Pastor Chris) not proud of his African hair? undecided Jus wondering
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Bblak(f): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2007
Correct man.I always enjoy his teachings.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by harvey(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2007
y'all haters of Pastor Chris,why not stick Ur nose out of his business.don't u have better things doing. Touch not the Lords anointed and do GOD'S prophet no harm.he is my pastor so stay clear before u invite the wrought of God upon u.u got problems sought them out.because if u keep talking ill about Men of God, u inviting more problems. remember Elijah and those Kids who got eaten by a wild animal in 2kings.
waring to u critics . STAY CLEAR.
BLESSING TO ALL AMBASSADORS.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by zillonnair(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ Seun

To say i am desappointed at your remarks concerning pastor Chris is to say the least, i expected much more from you bros, being an administrator and one who's comment is highly regarded being the facilitator of this great nairaland

Want you to know words are very important and at certain levels, your opinions are better kept secret if you know what i mean, i respect your opinion but please open your eyes to reality and stop labeling christ embassy and pastor chris a comic. that was very foolish of you to had said. fine i am taking it personal, but thats because my life revolves around Pastor Chris and countless numbers of people have their life back as a result of coming in contact with pastor chris.

If u still argue, i would take steps to post pictures of sick and dying people who came to Christ Embassy only to be healed by Jesus through the man of God pastor Chris.

Now, i know you would say, its Jesus that heals, fine, so why is everybody not perfoming the miracles, one has to yield him or herself to Christ to be used, so lets not deceive ourself, pastor chris wont be on tv everyday, wont be printing books, distributing free Rhapsody and going all around the world preaching just because he is a comic. Be realistic.

I mean, a man that has several TV stations, outreaches and outstation all for the purpose of serving the Lord, men you guys need to look before you leap, i am always surprised at Nigerians at their critic spirit, its amazing, but its understandable, "a prophet is without honor only in his hometown and among his people"
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ritchboi: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2007
i keep on hearing dis hilarious rumour about a boy pastor chris 'healed' who has bin blind since birth but after receivin his 'healing' could tel d diference btw red,blue,yellow,green etc wen asked by chris.
Still lmao wenever i remember it.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by colly(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2007
Why is it only in this forum that guys would want 2 crucify admin whenever he expresses a contrasting view on any topic,must seun's opinion coincide with everyones view just cos he is the admin,he is a human being remember & you guys criticizing pastor chris u better watch it,though am a roman catholic but i dont criticize pastors cos its always accompanied with a sin if that pastor u're criticizing is righteous, you never can tell you know.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Shaman: 12:27am On Oct 04, 2007
@seun and other antagonists

Pls leave dem pastor Chris for them o!

Na wetin? grin grin grin

Seriously though, in a world where there's a lot of lack and people have needs; sometimes religion is all they have! Pls let them hold on to it.

I was at Pastor Chris' church in Oregun once about 10 years ago. he wasn't around that day so the wife preached. after the service i knew i was never going back there and I told the friend that invited me so.

But i wont bash him; if you see a guy who relaxes his hair and his trainee pastors follow suit and you choose to worship there, it's your choice. God works in miraculous ways, abi?

Seun, abeg leave dem o! Remember what Pascal (I think) said: "Religion is the Opium of the people."

Nuff said,
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by zillonnair(m): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2007
@ Shamam

What has the hair of man of God, got to do with you. You just exposed your in-exposure, Why don't you attend Deeper and give your life a meaning, instead of saying balderdash. Acknowledge successful people instead of looking for way of tearing them down. You are pathetic.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mazaje(m): 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2007
I personally don't like casting aspersions and condeming people just because i don't agree with what they are doing, but i think  pastor chris has displayed some questionable characters and behaviour particularly regarding to the guy that stole a very large amount of money( I read some where that the amount ran in millions of naira) and gave to him , he blatantly refused to return the  money even after knowing that the money was acquired illegally. what man of God will behave in such a dispicable way? Unbelievers will return such amount of money once it becomes and open secret and  generates such a heated controversy. I personally don't believe he is a clean guy because some of his miracles are questionable besides most of his messages are based on enrichment,prosperity and unrealistic faith he knows the problems of the people in his congregation and speaks messages that resonates with their emotion. i personally  believe all this preachers out there only pander on the weaknesses of the members of their congregation for their personal benefits.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by touche(m): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2007
lipsrsealed
"Touch not the Lord's annointed".
"Judge not, lest ye be judged".
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by NSIKAN: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2007
THE TRUTH, OYAKILOME IS ONE MAN I WOULD WANT TO LIVE HIS LIFE FOR ONE DAY.
AT THE FIRST NIGHT OF BLISS, I WAS AT THE FRONT, I SAT NEXT TO A BLIND MAN FROM 7pm TO 11pm, WHEN HE WAS HEALED I WITNESSED IT.

NOW ITS NO OYAKILOMES POWER, BUT BELIEVE, WHEN PEOPLE WITH LIKE MINDS ARE GATHERED, AN UNSEEN FORCE IS PULLED TO ACT. IN THIS CASE POEPLE WERE ALREADY RECIEVEING THEIR HEALING BEFORE THE PASTOR SHOWED UP FOR THE CRUSADE.

THE MIND HAS THE POWER TO DO GREAT THINGS,DEPENDS ON HOW YOU ACTIVATE IT,
SPIRITUALLY,OR OTHERWISE.

OYAKILOME'S MIND IS HIGHLY ACTIVATED SPIRITUALLY AND HE TOILS TO GET OTHERS WHO LISTEN TO HIM TO DO THE SAME, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN ACHIEVE EXTRAORDINARY THINGS WITHOUT THE WORLDS STRESS.

WAOH, WE NEED TO LEARN TO APRECIATE THE GOOD THINGS IN THIS WORLD.HE IS ONE OF THEM

I WANT TO ALSO BE A GOOD THING.PLEASE PULL SOMETHING GREAT OUT OF YOU AND GET THE WORLD TALKING,

THATS LIFE.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mip(f): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2007
yeah the man is a real anointed man of God. cheesy
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by djcrucifix(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2007
@ hotstepper, why are you hating? undecided and the person who said that pastor chris is divorced to his wife is nothing more than a ''busy body''

as for the whole pastor chris issue and his ministry, all i can say is that he is blessed
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jerrymania(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2007
The members of that church are liberal christians, they all have sex with each other.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by zillonnair(m): 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2007
@ jerrymania

shocked shocked shocked May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jerrymania(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2007
@ Zillionair

Which god? Pastor Chris? grin
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by NSIKAN: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2007
Oluwaseun Osewa, i had to go through the posts by jerrymania and i discovered he doesnt have the class to be on this great forum.Can he be kicked out
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jerrymania(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2007
NSIKAN:

Oluwaseun Osewa, i had to go through the posts by jerrymania and i discovered he doesnt have the class to be on this great forum.Can he be kicked out

Christians, wheres the equality, wheres the freedom of speech? and wheres your humour?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by janami(f): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2007
very funny
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Pk001(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2007
He is a Blessing to our world and Our Generation. He gave my life a meaning
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by uchetracy: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2007
u shuld b preaching and celeberating Christ instead
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by uchetracy: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2007
PKOO rem God hates to share His glory?so who truly gave ur life a meaning
?monosylabic answer
A.Christ
B.Pastor Chris
i await ur answer
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Pk001(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2007
@
uchetracy
Remember, God uses men to bless people. He can use u "Uchetracy" 2 bless others. God used pastor Chris to give my life a meaning Simple. I heard words from him dat made me different ever.life now has a new meaning and i thank God 4 dat.I see things differently, i talk differently, infact i work differently.I still say it he is a blessing 2 our world.Lives have been transformed because of the revelation God gave him.Christ came dat we might have life and have it more abundantly,but he uses people to convey the message to the world. Pastor Chris is one of them and God is using him to tell d world why Jesus Christ Came. GOD Bless him 4 answering the call.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Ebonyj(f): 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2007
Euphoria I hear you!!!!!!!

But has the word of God says touch not my anointed, let me leave it at that, as I fear the word the Lord and his words.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by uchetracy: 10:21am On Oct 20, 2007
there u are pkoo .i was specific abi u turned to be like Adam that goes round and round a question? i dont need all those preaching u are doing; i ask again:
Question: Who gave your life a meaning?
Answer:
(A) Pastor Chris
(B) Christ
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by uchetracy: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2007
there u are pkoo .i was specific abi u turned to be like Adam that goes round and round a question? i dont need all those preaching u are doing; i ask again:
 Question: Who gave your life a meaning?
 Answer:
(A)  Pastor Chris
(B)  Christ
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by suze(f): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2007
whats with oyakhilome's jerry curls with side parting hair style. If you notice all his pastors have that hairstyle on and even some of his male church workers.

Its strange if you ask me. It makes it look as if they are in a cult or something. Only God sabi. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by dumie(f): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2007
When we say Christ Embassy giving your life a meaning, we mean our life has been imparted, transformed  by the WORD of God that we ‘ve been opportune to hear from Our Pastor, Pastor Chris, our life has changed from living ordinarily normal lives to SUPERNATURAL life, we have the life of God in US, we live a Divine life
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by lagoshost(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2007
He is a good man of God. All of us should listen to him.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by thegenie(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2007
this kind of topic should not have been started in this part of the forum; i think there's some place for religious stuff, and seun should have seen to that instead of making silly and dissapointing comments. i am not a member of christ embassy but am a proud christian.

yet i respect people of other religion and their religous inclinations: i have muslims, eckist, communist (yes, it's like a religion), budhist, hindus, hare krishna, and atheist as friends or colleagues and i respect their positions. one of the reasons JESUS performed miracles was to advertise HIS deity, and religion is a thing of the HEART, not head. even karl marx (religion is an opium of the people fame) had a belief (atheism; yes, it's a religion), and renes descartes, blaise pascal, albert einstein, etc who hitherto presented positions of atheism are reported to have confessed JESUS as LORD before they died.

pastor chris' teachings are full of sound christian doctrine and addresses the total man (spiritual(spirit), emotional(soul), and material(body)). most of the people making comments have never attended (or even viewed) his programmes and are depending on hearsay. some have perhaps watched one or two presentations, and with prejudiced mind-sets, make comments. a lot others are probably not christians and would naturally jump at an opportunity to bash a pastor,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Samuel Kayode Abiara To Remarry At 75 / Funke Felix-Adejumo: There Is No Perfect Husband Anywhere, Cover Your Husbands / Should I Have Sex On Valentine's Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.